help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- We Sent Back Elian 'July 24, 2014 5:00 am'No compunction about expelling a child back to horrible conditions in the case of Elian Gonzales. […]
- Why Israel Fights: Life on the Gaza Border 'July 24, 2014 5:00 am'Imagine if Afghanistan weren’t in Afghanistan. Imagine if it was on your front porch. […]
- Protecting Government against the American People 'July 24, 2014 5:00 am'Are American businesses supposed to lie down and play dead while the Obama administration strips them of their profits, places them at a disadvantage to foreign competitors, and drives them into bankruptcy? […]
- They're Not Refugees 'July 24, 2014 5:00 am'The term "refugee" has a specific definition. It does not apply to the sometimes 24-year-old, sometimes accompanied "unaccompanied minors" at our southern border. […]
- Reflections on the State of Climate Science 'July 24, 2014 5:00 am'Is there hope for intelligent diversity in the climate-change debate? […]
- We Sent Back Elian 'July 24, 2014 5:00 am'
- ABC, NBC Ignore Grim Housing Report; Focus Instead on Selfie with Queen, 50 Shades of Grey Trailer 'July 25, 2014 2:40 am'Both ABC World News with Diane Sawyer and NBC Nightly News failed to mention a new, troubling report from the Census Bureau on Thursday night that sales of new homes decreased by 8.1% in June and that May’s originally reported double-digit increase was revised lower, from almost 19% to only 8%. The CBS Evening News did cover this story, but it only was in t […]Curtis Houck
- Israeli Ambassador Dermer Slams CNN's Bias-by-Omission During Live 'Erin Burnett OutFront' Interview 'July 25, 2014 2:05 am'Israeli ambassador to the United States Ron Dermer wasted no time on this evening's Erin Burnett OutFront to hit CNN for bias by omission in its reporting on Palestinian casualties at a United Nations hospital in the Gaza Strip. "I think it would be a disservice to your viewers for a [CNN] reporter from Gaza not to mention that in the last week we […]Ken Shepherd
- MSNBC’s Schultz Slams Ryan’s Anti-Poverty Plan; ‘Out There Selling The Turd in the Punch Bowl’ 'July 25, 2014 1:25 am'Ed Schultz spent a portion of his opening monologue on his MSNBC show Thursday attacking Representative Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and his latest policy proposal to reform government welfare programs, declaring that Ryan is “more radical than ever” and he’s “out there selling turd in the punch bowl.” After trumpeting the long-standing liberal policy of increasing th […]Curtis Houck
- Chris Matthews's Galactic Gaffe: Darth Vader 'Cut Off His Own Son's Arm'; Sorry, Tingles, It Was Just His Hand 'July 25, 2014 12:35 am'Hardball host Chris Matthews is quite the cinemaphile, frequently working movie references into his banter on the MSNBC program. So it was rather surprising when the MSNBC anchor made a whopper of a gaffe on his July 24 program regarding an iconic moment in the climactic lightsaber duel in the middle chapter of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Empire Stri […]Ken Shepherd
- 'Fast Money' Panel Blasts President Obama's 'Duplicitous' Rhetoric in CNBC Interview 'July 24, 2014 10:36 pm'At the beginning of the July 24 edition of Fast Money, CNBC aired an exclusive interview of President Obama by the network's Steve Liesman focused primarily on taxes and tax reform, particularly the president's call to prevent large corporations from capitalizing on an "inversion" to lessen their federal tax bite. But after the interview […]Ken Shepherd
- ABC, NBC Ignore Grim Housing Report; Focus Instead on Selfie with Queen, 50 Shades of Grey Trailer 'July 25, 2014 2:40 am'
- Doctor fired back at gunman in hospital attack 'July 24, 2014 11:05 pm'DARBY, Pa. (AP) — Police in suburban Philadelphia are investigating a shooting at a hospital campus that may have left as many as three people injured and say a suspect is in custody.read more […]superadm
- Ohio State marching band chief fired after probe 'July 24, 2014 11:05 pm'COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State University has fired the director of its celebrated marching band amid allegations he knew about and ignored "serious cultural issues" including sexual harassment. Jonathan Waters had led the band since 2012, and served in lesser capacities for a decade. His popular halftime shows drew millions of viewers on YouTube […]superadm
- The un-Armstrong? Tour 'boss' Nibali wins Stage 18 'July 24, 2014 11:05 pm'[…]superadm
- Key senator urges Myanmar to reform constitution 'July 24, 2014 11:05 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Mitch McConnell has issued a strong call for Myanmar to amend its constitution to allow opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi (ahng sahn soo chee) to run for president and for the military to submit to civilian rule.read more […]superadm
- House, Senate chairs offer competing bills on VA 'July 24, 2014 11:05 pm'[…]superadm
- Doctor fired back at gunman in hospital attack 'July 24, 2014 11:05 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Hollywood's Dismal Summer 'July 24, 2014 7:48 pm'Pamela McClintock, Hollywood ReporterLess than six weeks before Labor Day, hopes for recovery at the North American summer box office have evaporated. The season is expected to finish down 15 to 20 percent compared with 2013, the worst year-over-year decline in three decades, and revenue will struggle to crack $4 billion, which hasn't happened in eight […]
- Why Is This Gaza War Different? 'July 24, 2014 7:47 pm'Adam Garfinkle, The American InterestWhether one is some shade of pro-Israeli or pro-Palestinian, or even if one is without a favorite side to support or loathe, it is tempting to see what has been going on between Israel and Hamas in Gaza over the past two weeks as just another Mideastern example of George Shultz’s definition of foreign policy—not one thing […]
- The Number One Issue in Iowa 'July 24, 2014 7:46 pm'Jeff Kaufmann, RCP Changing Lanes […]
- Carbon Tax Lessons From Australia 'July 24, 2014 7:46 pm'Hendrik Hertzberg, The New YorkerDubious about “American exceptionalism”? Well, try this: the United States is the world’s only major advanced democracy whose flagship conservative party maintains that global warming is a non-problem. Of course, not all Republicans share their Texas comrades’ absolute scare-quote certainty that “ ‘climate change’ is a politi […]
- Reckless Putin Finally Pushes West Too Far 'July 24, 2014 7:44 pm'Mark Salter, RealClearPoliticsLast month, RussiaÂs envoy to NATO, Alexander Grushko, urged the alliance to demand that the government of Ukraine immediately cease its offensive against the separatist rebels in Âthe war raging near RussiaÂs border.ÂThe appeal proved Grushko has mastered the Soviet apparatchikÂs facility with Orwellian double-think requir […]
- Hollywood's Dismal Summer 'July 24, 2014 7:48 pm'
- Feds Urge Paramedics, Firefighters To Help Find “Extremists” 'July 25, 2014 1:25 am'Injuries may be sign of "suspicious activity" […]Contributing Author
- Obama Approves Substantial Expansion of Terrorist Watch Lists: “Concrete Facts Are Not Necessary” 'July 24, 2014 6:46 pm'It gives a single White House official the unilateral authority to elevate entire "categories of people" onto the no fly or selectee lists... Requires neither "concrete facts" nor "irrefutable evidence" to designate an American as a terrorist. […]Mac Slavo
- Illegal Immigration And Gangs: Someday Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didn’t Protect Our Borders 'July 23, 2014 4:38 pm'The mainstream media is shining the spotlight very brightly on all of the children that are coming over... But there is another part of the story that you aren't hearing much about. […]Contributing Author
- Cops Arrest 76-Year Old Veteran For Town Meeting ‘Outburst’: “I Asked Them To Speak Louder So We Could Hear” 'July 23, 2014 3:12 am'Overholt protested that he was attending a public meeting and needed to hear, not just 'look' at what was happening. […]Mac Slavo
- Prepping Myth: When SHTF You Will Bug Out To The Woods 'July 22, 2014 6:48 pm'If you plan to walk into the forest for the rest of your life with nothing more than some snares you have never used, your trusty .22 rifle , and some dehydrated food I think you need to revisit your strategy. […]Contributing Author
- Feds Urge Paramedics, Firefighters To Help Find “Extremists” 'July 25, 2014 1:25 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)