help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Why I Hate the Super Bowl 'January 31, 2015 6:00 am'Of all American professional games, the Super Bowl is the most expensive, the most hysterical, and possibly the most vulgar. […]
- American Sniper Critics vs. Manliness 'January 31, 2015 6:00 am'A feminized culture of political correctness. […]
- Insanity Reigns 'January 31, 2015 6:00 am'How is our government insane? Let us count the ways. […]
- Is Ben Carson a Man of Destiny? 'January 31, 2015 6:00 am'A real possibility that the long march to determine the 45th U.S. president could end in a world-historical upset and huge mandate. […]
- Iran is a Real Threat 'January 31, 2015 6:00 am'Sanctions should be lifted only if Iran concedes to a comprehensive nuclear agreement and a process is in place that ensures that no bomb will be made. […]
- Why I Hate the Super Bowl 'January 31, 2015 6:00 am'
- Geez, Take a Walk: Politico Labor Reporter Wants to Unionize It Because Being 28 Is Hard 'January 31, 2015 11:50 pm'The world's smallest violin this week goes to Politico labor reporter Mike Elk. Elk, who has bragged about unionizing workplaces where he has previously toiled, is working on doing the same thing at the alleged news site, which is really a Democratic Party stenography machine posing as one. His major complaint, seen in an item by Erik Wemple at his Wash […]Tom Blumer
- Super Bowl Softballs? Obama's Seventh Big Game Interview 'January 31, 2015 10:30 pm'For the seventh straight year, Barack Obama will be interviewed prior to the Super Bowl. Just before the kickoff between the Seahawks and the Patriots, the President will talk to NBC's Savannah Guthrie. This will be the third Super Bowl interview with NBC. Back in 2009, Matt Lauer gushed to the new president: "Has there been any surprise in terms a […]Scott Whitlock
- Harris-Perry Imagines Abortion Is Just Like Removing a Cancerous Tumor, or a Hand 'January 31, 2015 10:27 pm'Melissa Harris-Perry always has something shocking to say (or wear – who could forget the time she wore tampon earrings on her show to protest the banning of late-term abortions?). Just recently, she compared an unborn baby (or “fetus” as the term they prefer to use) to a cancerous tumor, or a limb that needed amputation. […]Tim Graham
- Daily Kos: Conservatives Can’t Stop Whining That They’re ‘Oppressed and Persecuted’ By Liberals 'January 31, 2015 8:42 pm'Hunter contends that right-wingers feel that the left is “out to get” them, and that they “consider…breaking the law itself to be a noble thing, when done in service to conservatism, which is why the various Fox News talking heads spoke of armed standoffs at the Bundy Ranch in approving tones and with references to the Founding Fathers.” […]Tom Johnson
- WashPost's Romney Gotcha? Mitt's House Pales Next to Post Owner's 'January 31, 2015 7:51 pm'Before Mitt Romney withdrew from the 2016 presidential race, The Washington Post -- the paper that tried in 2012 to paint Romney as a rich bully for some dopey prep school roughhousing -- was playing the class warfare card again. In an article tis past week by Philip Bump the paper headlined this question: "How Big is Mitt Romney’s California House? […]Tim Graham
- Geez, Take a Walk: Politico Labor Reporter Wants to Unionize It Because Being 28 Is Hard 'January 31, 2015 11:50 pm'
- Rescue of 2 injured hikers underway on Mount Hood 'January 31, 2015 11:36 pm'PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Clackamas County sheriff's office says a rescue operation is under way on Mount Hood after two climbers were injured. Deputy Ben Frazier says the climbers were injured early Saturday near an area on the mountain known as the Hogsback. A call for help was received at about 11 a.m.read more […]superadm
- Laird takes a 3-shot lead in Phoenix Open 'January 31, 2015 11:36 pm'By DOUG FERGUSON […]superadm
- Lydia Ko takes No. 1 spot at 17, Na Yeon Choi wins opener 'January 31, 2015 11:36 pm'By STEVE ELLING OCALA, Fla. (AP) — With a notable double prize not only within reach, but practically in her grip, teen star Lydia Ko had to settle for half of the spoils Saturday — though it represented a significant piece of golf history, nonetheless.read more […]superadm
- Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese journalist 'January 31, 2015 11:36 pm'[…]superadm
- AP Interview: NYC mayor says he has moved past police crisis 'January 31, 2015 11:06 pm'By JONATHAN LEMIRE […]superadm
- Rescue of 2 injured hikers underway on Mount Hood 'January 31, 2015 11:36 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Mitt Romney Bows to Good Sense 'January 31, 2015 4:22 pm'[…]
- Hillary Clinton's Libya Tapes 'January 31, 2015 4:21 pm'[…]
- Obamacare Is Helping Millions 'January 31, 2015 4:20 pm'[…]
- Another Growth Dip 'January 31, 2015 4:20 pm'[…]
- Al Michaels: Hoping for Triple Overtime 'January 31, 2015 4:19 pm'James Freeman, Wall St. JournalDespite a year of scandals on and off the field, the colossus of American sports looks poised to get even bigger. Myriad entertainment choices are slicing television audiences ever thinner, and sports like baseball face a diminishing, aging audience. Yet pro football remains one of the few constants with wide appeal in American […]
- Mitt Romney Bows to Good Sense 'January 31, 2015 4:22 pm'
- New Housing Bubble: Prices Up, Ownership Down, Wall Street a Mega-Landlord: “America is Becoming a Nation of Renters” 'January 31, 2015 8:32 am'Potential first time home buyers are being forced to rent instead, as homes are being bought up as rental assets, driving the American Dream down to abysmal levels. […]Mac Slavo
- “We’re on the Verge of a Crisis” and Global Currency Wars Are Triggering It 'January 30, 2015 11:08 pm'Currencies are tanking all across the globe, and a stronger U.S. dollar – a double-edged sword – is making export goods more expensive and hurting international business. […]Mac Slavo
- Putin Sends Nuclear Bombers Over English Channel: “Transponders Turned Off… Invisible to Air Traffic Control” 'January 30, 2015 7:15 pm'Bombers flew across a busy civilian air traffic corridor... Fighter jets scrambled... […]Mac Slavo
- Birth Pangs of the Next Depression: “If the Price of Oil Stays at This Level, We’re Going to Have a Total Financial Nightmare…” 'January 30, 2015 4:10 pm'We have passed countless economic signposts all signaling that a dangerous stretch of road lies ahead. […]Contributing Author
- Why The Elite Are Buying Secret Hideaways: “A Lot of Wealthy and Powerful People Are Quite Afraid Right Now” 'January 30, 2015 2:36 am'Wealth inequality, social alienation & political grievances threaten to spark domestic turmoil... […]Contributing Author
- New Housing Bubble: Prices Up, Ownership Down, Wall Street a Mega-Landlord: “America is Becoming a Nation of Renters” 'January 31, 2015 8:32 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)