help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- The Iran Deal Will Bring Danger 'September 4, 2015 5:00 am'No one can doubt that the agreement is both complex and controversial in its immediate and future effects. […]
- Iran: An Historically Unlikely Western Ally 'September 4, 2015 5:00 am'How does the West deal with a nuclear Iran which sees itself as a potential temporal and spiritual authority over the rest of the Middle East? […]
- Pending Race War? We Need a Hero 'September 4, 2015 5:00 am'Despite all the racial strife and talk of an impending race war, Americans desperately want to come together; to move beyond race. […]
- Nicki Minaj heightens racial animus 'September 4, 2015 5:00 am'As an artist catering to an audience of mainly teenagers, and as a powerful black female voice, Minaj’s words and actions are politically significant. […]
- Birthright Citizenship Opponents Should Not Rely on 14th Amendment Congressional Debates 'September 4, 2015 5:00 am'Arguably, if the Fourteenth Amendment had excluded foreigners and their progeny, it could not have achieved the goal of granting citizenship to newly freed slaves. […]
- The Iran Deal Will Bring Danger 'September 4, 2015 5:00 am'
- CBS’s Pelley: Clerk Going to Jail Possibly ‘the Last Front in a Losing Battle Against Same-Sex Marriage’ 'September 4, 2015 4:16 am'At the top of Thursday’s CBS Evening News, anchor Scott Pelley proclaimed that the jailing of Rowan County, Kentucky Democratic Clerk Kim Davis “could be the last front in a losing battle against same-sex marriage” as she had been refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples since the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling legalizing gay marriage on June 26. […]Curtis Houck
- AP Coverage of Manufacturing Continues to Ignore Its Steep, Documented Decline 'September 4, 2015 3:54 am'The press's failure to tell the public how seriously the U.S. economy is struggling is not the most egregious exercise in reality avoidance we've seen during the past several months. The willful denial of Iran's intent to destroy Israel and its Western enemies, the refusal to acknowledge the inherent institutional ugliness of Planned Parenthoo […]Tom Blumer
- CBS Skips Hillary’s IT Staffer Taking the Fifth; ABC Wonders if She’ll ‘Survive’ the E-Mail Scandal 'September 4, 2015 1:53 am'The CBS Evening News bid farewell on Thursday to Hillary Clinton’s e-mail scandal as the newscast dodged news that longtime Clinton aide Cheryl Mills testified before the House Select Committee on Benghazi plus word late Wednesday night that a former staffer who helped set up her private e-mail server would invoke his Fifth Amendment by not testifying before […]Curtis Houck
- Exchanging One Country for Another 'September 3, 2015 10:53 pm'Back when I was in school, I performed a scientific experiment in which I poured a liquid of one color into a beaker that contained liquid of a different color. At first the liquid in the beaker was diluted, but as I kept pouring, the poured liquid eventually overtook the liquid in the beaker, creating an entirely new substance. That's what is happening […]Cal Thomas
- Kudos: Daily Beast Notes Insane Ruling by Federal Judge That Sex Trafficking Is NOT Violent 'September 3, 2015 10:23 pm'Kudos to the Daily Beast for taking issue with a recent court decision that ruled sex trafficking is not a crime of violence. […]Melissa Mullins
- CBS’s Pelley: Clerk Going to Jail Possibly ‘the Last Front in a Losing Battle Against Same-Sex Marriage’ 'September 4, 2015 4:16 am'
- Trial begins for officer charged with abusing Indian man 'September 4, 2015 6:15 am'HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama police officer went on trial Tuesday on a federal charge of using excessive force against an Indian man who was thrown down and partially paralyzed during a confrontation in a suburban neighborhood. […]Associated Press
- No. 4 Baylor defenders Oakman, Stewart suspended for opener 'September 4, 2015 6:15 am'DALLAS (AP) — Fourth-ranked Baylor will be without defensive end Shawn Oakman and safety Orion Stewart in its season opener Friday night at SMU. The two starters have been suspended after violating unspecified team rules. […]Associated Press
- Kentucky clerk won't accept gay marriage deal, goes to jail 'September 4, 2015 6:15 am'ASHLAND, Ky. (AP) — A defiant county clerk refused a judge's compromise offer on gay marriage that could have kept her out of jail on Thursday, saying she can't promise not to interfere as her deputy clerks follow the law. […]Associated Press
- Lions beat Bills 17-10 in preseason finale 'September 4, 2015 6:15 am'DETROIT (AP) — Rookie Zach Zenner, fighting for a roster spot, ran for a go-ahead, 3-yard touchdown early in the fourth quarter and the Detroit Lions held on to beat the Buffalo Bills 17-10 Thursday night. […]Associated Press
- Rock-throwing that injured teacher results in jail sentences 'September 4, 2015 6:15 am'LEWISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Three young men apologized to their victim on Thursday after a judge sentenced them to time behind bars for throwing a rock from an interstate overpass, striking the woman in the head and causing her severe brain damage. […]Associated Press
- Trial begins for officer charged with abusing Indian man 'September 4, 2015 6:15 am'
- Near LA's Koreatown, Pastor Tries to Lift Veil on Drug Abuse 'September 4, 2015 6:25 am'Near LA's Koreatown, pastor tries to lift veil on drug abuse among young Asian adults […]
- No. 1 up for Grabs at 2nd Playoff Event in Boston 'September 4, 2015 6:25 am'ON THE TEE: Round 2 of the FedEx Cup playoffs is all about the Big 3 […]
- No. 22 Wildcats' 42-32 Win Over UTSA Comes With a Cost 'September 4, 2015 6:21 am'No. 22 Arizona beats UTSA 42-32, but loses All-American Scooby Wright to knee injury […]
- After Harbaugh's Debut, Michigan Fans Will Need Patience 'September 4, 2015 6:21 am'Harbaugh's here, but loss shows fans will need patience for Michigan turnaround […]
- Fired Regulator: Brown Pushed to Waive Oil Safeguards. 'September 4, 2015 6:18 am'AP Exclusive: Ex-Calif. official says governor ordered regulators to bypass US water law […]
- Near LA's Koreatown, Pastor Tries to Lift Veil on Drug Abuse 'September 4, 2015 6:25 am'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Hillary Parties Like It's 1938 'September 4, 2015 4:08 am'Alan Reynolds, Wall Street Journal […]
- Migrant Crisis Puts Germany in Familiar Role 'September 4, 2015 4:08 am'Steven Erlanger, NY Times […]
- Trump's Appeal Is Based on Old News 'September 4, 2015 4:07 am'Michael Barone, WashExaminerAside from the court-ordered dribbling out of Hillary Clinton's classified-material-filled emails, the big presidential campaign news of the summer has been the boom for Donald Trump in the race for the Republican nomination. Trump has risen from 3 percent in the polls (when he announced on June 16) to where he now stands at […]
- Republican Suicide 'September 4, 2015 4:05 am'Mona Charen, National Review Onlineine years ago, aboard a National Review cruise, I debated immigration policy with my colleagues and the cruisers. It was a good discussion that touched all the familiar bases. Are there really jobs Americans won't do? Are big business and big agriculture enmeshed in a corrupt bargain with liberal Democrats whereby busi […]
- The Largest Failure of the Obama Era 'September 4, 2015 4:04 am'Michael Gerson, Washington PostWASHINGTON -- One little boy in a red T-shirt, lying face down, drowned, on a Turkish beach, is a tragedy. More than 200,000 dead in Syria, 4 million fleeing refugees and 7.6 million displaced from their homes are statistics. But they represent a collective failure of massive proportions.For four years, the Obama administration […]
- Hillary Parties Like It's 1938 'September 4, 2015 4:08 am'
- Warships & Parades: China “Rapidly Expanding Its Operations Far From Its Own Coast” 'September 3, 2015 8:58 pm'It’s never a good sign when the world’s second largest economy announces the most significant revamp of its military in decades. […]Contributing Author
- Eerie Statistics Predict Coming Shemitah Market Collapse: “Only 8 Trading Days Until Wipe Out Day” 'September 3, 2015 4:32 pm'The end of the Shemitah cycle is fast approaching, and data shows a collapse is historically due. […]Mac Slavo
- Economic WWIII? Putin Poised to “Deal a Tremendous Blow to the U.S. Dollar” 'September 3, 2015 1:04 pm'Most of the “power” that America currently projects around the world is based on having the de facto reserve currency of the planet. […]Contributing Author
- Deleting American History: Under New Standards, “U.S. Constitution Simply Ignored by Teachers” 'September 2, 2015 10:17 pm'Incredibly, public schools are now actually beginning to ignore altogether the founding of the United States, the Constitution and our rights. […]Mac Slavo
- Radio Host Calls For Race War: “It’s About To Go Down, It’s Open Season On Killing White People and Crackers” 'September 2, 2015 6:21 pm'The host directly told white people that angry black militants “will get you when you least expect it.” […]Contributing Author
- Warships & Parades: China “Rapidly Expanding Its Operations Far From Its Own Coast” 'September 3, 2015 8:58 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)