help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Say It Loud, I'm Republican and I'm Proud 'October 31, 2014 5:00 am'Do I need to pen a new version of James Brown's classic? […]
- The Impact of Senate Jungle Elections 'October 31, 2014 5:00 am'A way to prevent the sort of trickery the left loves to use to win elections it otherwise would lose. […]
- Principled Foreign Policy Requires a Republican Senate 'October 31, 2014 5:00 am'The impasse with Iran demonstrates clearly why a Republican Congressional majority is essential for this country's security. […]
- Rebuild East Berlin? Sure! Rebuild East Jerusalem? No Way! 'October 31, 2014 5:00 am'We can hail a united Germany, we can applaud her diplomats, we can embrace former adversaries, and yet the Obama administration denounces our Israeli allies for doing no more in East Jerusalem than the Germans are doing in East Berlin. […]
- A Deadly Campaign Masked as a Personal Decision 'October 31, 2014 5:00 am'The Brittany Maynard case is being used as a battering ram by assisted-suicide advocates. […]
- Say It Loud, I'm Republican and I'm Proud 'October 31, 2014 5:00 am'
- USA Today's Susan Page: Obama Team 'Most Dangerous to the Press' In U.S. History 'November 1, 2014 2:21 am'Add USA Today Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page to the growing list of media personnel complaining the Obama administration isn’t living up to its much hyped (and much failed) policy of being the most open and transparent (and ethical) administration in history. During the White House Correspondents’ Association seminar last week, Page asserted Team Obama w […]Melissa Mullins
- Landrieu Doubles Down on Racism, Sexism Excuses 'November 1, 2014 1:26 am'Curtis Houck at NewsBusters noted late Thursday that on that evening’s NBC Nightly News, incumbent Louisiana Democratic Senator Mary Landrieu told NBC's Chuck Todd that President Barack Obama is unpopular in the South because the region “has not always been the friendliest place for African-Americans” and thus “[i]t’s been a difficult time for the Presi […]Tom Blumer
- With Anti-Christie Headline, Is It the Weather Channel, or Politics Channel? 'October 31, 2014 9:59 pm'New Jersey Governor Christie rebuked a heckler during his visit to the area affected by Superstorm Sandy on Wednesday. His rebuke is still a major headline item at ... the Weather Channel. The headline ("Gov Loses It During Speech") also makes a claim not supported by the circumstances, or Christie's history of dealng with such critics: […]Tom Blumer
- CNN Analyst: 'You're an Idiot' if You Agree With Rangel That GOP Believes 'Slavery Isn't Over' 'October 31, 2014 9:03 pm'With the midterm elections only days away, the pressure of Democrats probably suffering major losses apparently caused New York representative Charlie Rangel to make a scary assertion on Thursday that some Republicans “believe that slavery isn't over, and they won the Civil War.” During a panel discussion on the Cable News Network This Hour program on H […]Randy Hall
- Terminated: New York Times Gives Texas Tribune a Halloween Trick But No Treat 'October 31, 2014 7:53 pm'The New York Times had a Halloween trick but no treat for the Texas Tribune. Today the Texas Tribune has announced that its partnership with the Times will be terminated with extreme prejudice. Is this just a coincidence that this is happening just before the election in which it appears that the campaign of Democrat gubernatorial candidate, Wendy Davis, app […]P.J. Gladnick
- USA Today's Susan Page: Obama Team 'Most Dangerous to the Press' In U.S. History 'November 1, 2014 2:21 am'
- 3 girls trick-or-treating killed in hit-and-run 'November 1, 2014 4:05 am'SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Three teenage girls trick-or-treating in costume were hit by a vehicle and killed while walking at a Southern California intersection. Santa Ana police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna (buhr-TAHN-yuh) says the girls were hit while in a crosswalk near an elementary school shortly before 7 p.m. Friday.read more […]superadm
- Mexico police questioned in killing of 3 Americans 'November 1, 2014 4:04 am'By CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN […]superadm
- Burkina Faso: 2nd soldier says he's president 'November 1, 2014 4:04 am'[…]superadm
- China manufacturing growth falls in October 'November 1, 2014 4:04 am'BEIJING (AP) — Surveys show China's manufacturing growth declined further in October amid a slowing economy and languishing global demand.read more […]superadm
- Lake Michigan waves slam Chicago lakeshore 'November 1, 2014 4:04 am'[…]superadm
- 3 girls trick-or-treating killed in hit-and-run 'November 1, 2014 4:05 am'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Is Psychology Biased Against Republicans? 'October 31, 2014 8:09 pm'Maria Konnikova, New YorkerOn January 27, 2011, from a stage in the middle of the San Antonio Convention Center, Jonathan Haidt addressed the participants of the annual meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology. The topic was an ambitious one: a vision for social psychology in the year 2020. Haidt began by reviewing the field that he is be […]
- Health-Care Hell 'October 31, 2014 8:06 pm'Kevin Williamson, National ReviewIn the first circle of Dante’s Hell, things aren’t so bad: The unbaptized and the virtuous pagans get to kick back, forever, with Homer and Ovid, watch Julius Caesar and Saladin do the limbo, etc. But things take a pretty sharp turn for the worse thereafter: Paris, Tristan, and Cleopatra get buffeted about by the winds of lus […]
- Could Begich's Ground Game Save Him? 'October 31, 2014 7:53 pm'Andrew Romano, Yahoo! NewsThere's a time-honored cliche that political pundits tend to trot out whenever they're asked, usually on cable TV, to prognosticate about a race they aren't particularly familiar with:"It's going to come down to the ground game." […]
- Why Is Orman's Campaign Run by Democrats? 'October 31, 2014 7:49 pm'Sean Davis, The FederalistSen. Pat Roberts (R-Kans.) is in the fight for his political life. Current polls show him barely trailing his opponent, which would make Kansas look like a golden pickup opportunity for Senate Democrats, right?Not so much. In early September, Democrat Chad Taylor suddenly dropped out of the crowded Kansas Senate, leaving a two-man r […]
- Obamacare Opponents Cherry-Pick History 'October 31, 2014 7:39 pm'Sen. Tom Harkin et al., WPThe Affordable Care Act was created to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all Americans. Indeed, many people who didn’t have — and couldn’t afford — health insurance before the law have it now. […]
- Is Psychology Biased Against Republicans? 'October 31, 2014 8:09 pm'
- It Will Take 6.25 BILLION “Man Years” To Pay Off Federal Government Liabilities: “A Mathematical Impossibility” 'October 31, 2014 5:36 pm'What we're talking about is the literal theft of our lives - our time and energy. […]Mac Slavo
- American Concentration Camps: “Will Be Used To Enforce Medical Martial Law For The Sick… And To House Political Dissidents” 'October 30, 2014 6:32 pm'All it would take is a presidential signature on a proclamation and the attorney general’s signature on a warrant to which a list of names is attached. […]Contributing Author
- Watch: Cop Goes On F-Word Laden Tirade After Being Told “God Bless You” 'October 29, 2014 8:20 pm'These clips only serve to highlight the fact that many officers across the country see the American public as their slaves and they think they can abuse and threaten violence against for no reason whatsoever. […]Mac Slavo
- Unchained: You Need To Watch This Video: “Who Are The Real Oppressors In Our Community?” 'October 28, 2014 10:09 pm'Speaks volumes about the plight of all Americans, be they White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American or Black... […]Mac Slavo
- “That is a Coward Pointing a Gun at Me” Veteran Refuses to Submit During Police Standoff 'October 28, 2014 5:18 pm'I was afraid and if I was going to get harmed I’d much rather take it standing than on my face. […]Contributing Author
- It Will Take 6.25 BILLION “Man Years” To Pay Off Federal Government Liabilities: “A Mathematical Impossibility” 'October 31, 2014 5:36 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)