help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- War is a Four-Letter Word Spelled I-R-A-N 'May 22, 2015 5:00 am'No better formula has ever been devised for war than to convince our enemies that we will tolerate anything rather than use force […]
- Obama, ISIS, and the Writing on the Wall 'May 22, 2015 5:00 am'For those able to read the plain writing on the wall, the end game of Obama and IS was always easy to discern. […]
- A Counter Proposal For European Immigration 'May 22, 2015 5:00 am'Some bold suggestions, which are quite serious, and not to be taken as farce. […]
- The Collapse of Arab Nationalism 'May 22, 2015 5:00 am'Arab countries are coming apart at the seams in large part because their populations don’t share a collective national identity. To the extent there is an authentic Arab national movement, it is a pan-Arab one, opening the door for ISIS. […]
- Democrats: The Party Of Fraud 'May 22, 2015 5:00 am'Layers of fraud. […]
- War is a Four-Letter Word Spelled I-R-A-N 'May 22, 2015 5:00 am'
- NBC’s Richard Engel Continues Tear Into Obama’s ‘Confused’ and ‘Self-Contradictory’ ISIS Strategy 'May 22, 2015 8:53 pm'The morning after he appeared on multiple MSNBC and NBC programs to rip President Obama’s handling of ISIS, NBC News chief foreign correspondent Richard Engel joined the Friday panel of MSNBC’s Morning Joe to continue his streak of tearing into the President for a “confused” and “self-contradictory” plan that “fights itself.” Also participating in the critiq […]Curtis Houck
- HuffPost: George Stephanopoulos Should Get 'Nothing Less' Than Brian Williams' Verdict 'May 22, 2015 8:38 pm'You know you're in trouble if you're a liberal TV host and a reporter with the far-left Huffington Post demands you receive the same punishment as NBC News anchor Brian Williams: suspension “for six months without pay and his future cast in doubt.” That's what Denny Dressman called for in an article entitled “The Stephanopoulos Verdict: Nothin […]Randy Hall
- CNN’S Jake Tapper: 'Journalism Is In a Bad Place Right Now' 'May 22, 2015 7:27 pm'"[W]e in journalism need to come to a place and realize that when you make mistakes you need to own up to them immediately and apologize." -- Jake Tapper […]Melissa Mullins
- PBS Ombudsman: Judy Woodruff Donating to Clinton Foundation ‘Doesn’t Look Good’ 'May 22, 2015 7:20 pm'In a Thursday column, PBS ombudsman Michael Getler took NewsHour anchor Judy Woodruff to task for failing to disclose a 2010 donation to the Clinton Foundation: “It is always a bad idea for a journalist to give money to a political campaign or anything even remotely connected to the activities of a politician or party, or an organization that they might cove […]Kyle Drennen
- MSNBC's Hayes: Republicans Are On Wrong Side of Every Wedge Issue 'May 22, 2015 6:59 pm'On the May 21 edition of All In, host Chris Hayes devoted time to bashing Republicans for lacking any advantage on wedge issues. Hayes took Jeb Bush’s comments – where he dismissed the idea that climate change is settled science – as a general example that Republicans are in a weak position on climate change, immigration, and gay marriage. […]Connor Williams
- NBC’s Richard Engel Continues Tear Into Obama’s ‘Confused’ and ‘Self-Contradictory’ ISIS Strategy 'May 22, 2015 8:53 pm'
- Penske, Ganassi and Chevy dominate final Indy 500 practice 'May 22, 2015 8:55 pm'INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Will Power ended the final practice session for the Indianapolis 500 up front — exactly where he doesn't want to be for most of Sunday's race. […]Associated Press
- Rockefeller makes rare appearance ahead of 100th birthday 'May 22, 2015 8:55 pm'MOUNT DESERT, Maine (AP) — David Rockefeller has made a rare public appearance ahead of his 100th birthday. […]Associated Press
- Vacation plans collide with must-do agenda for Senate 'May 22, 2015 8:55 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — With President Barack Obama's high-profile agenda at risk, the White House cajoled the Senate in public and private Thursday to pass trade legislation and prevent a lapse in the anti-terrorism Patriot Act before lawmakers rushed off for a weeklong vacation. […]Associated Press
- Unpublished Orson Welles draft memoir donated to university 'May 22, 2015 8:55 pm'ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — The University of Michigan says a "very raw draft" of an unpublished Orson Welles memoir has joined its archives on the trailblazing filmmaker. […]Associated Press
- Balkan foes find common ground in bid to join 28-nation EU 'May 22, 2015 8:55 pm'TIRANA, Albania (AP) — Foreign ministers and senior diplomats from several Balkan countries — many with troubled relations stemming from wars in the 1990s — met Friday in the Albanian capital of Tirana to try and advance each others' bids to join the European Union. […]Associated Press
- Penske, Ganassi and Chevy dominate final Indy 500 practice 'May 22, 2015 8:55 pm'
- Police Release Surveillance Video in Shooting Investigation 'May 22, 2015 9:11 pm'Police release surveillance video tied to investigation of officer-involved shooting of 2 men […]
- TLC Pulls Duggar Family Series Amid Misconduct Reports 'May 22, 2015 9:10 pm'TLC pulls '19 Kids and Counting' amid reports of Josh Duggar sexual misconduct allegations […]
- Senate Approves Deal to Avert Construction Halt at Denver VA 'May 22, 2015 9:09 pm'Senate approves deal to avert construction shutdown at Denver veterans hospital […]
- Currency Tumbles as Venezuelans Look to Unload Bolivars 'May 22, 2015 9:09 pm'Currency tumbles as worried Venezuelans look to swap bolivars for dollars on black market […]
- Woman Found Pushing Dead 3-Year-Old Son in Swing 'May 22, 2015 9:06 pm'Woman found pushing dead 3-year-old son in Maryland park swing; may have been there all night […]
- Police Release Surveillance Video in Shooting Investigation 'May 22, 2015 9:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- The United States Was Right to Fight in Iraq 'May 22, 2015 9:05 pm'William Kristol, USA TodayWe were right to invade Iraq in 2003 to remove Saddam Hussein, and to complete the job we should have finished in 1991. […]
- A Rundown of the 2016 GOP Primary Schedule 'May 22, 2015 8:04 pm'John Roberts, FOX NewsLast night we announced the first GOP debate of the presidential season, August 6th in Cleveland, 11 weeks from now.Fox News and Facebook will host. Tonight, how the primary calendar is shaping up. […]
- Climate Alarmism Goes Bipolar 'May 22, 2015 6:39 pm'Rupert Darwall, National ReviewThe good news for global-warming alarmists is that they can pretty much be guaranteed that there will always be something happening somewhere in the world to get alarmed about. […]
- Protecting the Arctic From Global Warming 'May 22, 2015 6:38 pm'Brzezinski & Lyrvall, PoliticoNiila Inga, a Sami leader in that part of Sweden that is above the Arctic Circle, has this to say about the impact of climate change on the future of his reindeer herding society: “If this climate change keeps going at this rate, I’m pretty sure that the reindeer won’t survive it." […]
- Clinton's Flaws Guarantee 2016 Will Get Ugly 'May 22, 2015 6:31 pm'Jonah Goldberg, NY PostThere are plenty of reasons to believe 2016 will be a very ugly election year. Here’s one more.Bloomberg Politics convened a focus group of Iowa Democrats. Nearly all loved Hillary. “She’s a bad mama-jama,” said one female participant. Bad mama-jama is good, by the way. The woman explained that Clinton is “not afraid to step up” or “af […]
- The United States Was Right to Fight in Iraq 'May 22, 2015 9:05 pm'
- ObamaFail: Affordable Insurance Rates Set To Skyrocket 50%… Again 'May 22, 2015 4:36 pm'Remember when the American people were told that insurance would be free for the poor and affordable for the middle class? […]Mac Slavo
- Is Martial Law Justified If ISIS Attacks? 'May 22, 2015 5:05 am'The threat of ISIS does not frighten me. It concerns me, but what truly disturbs me is the likely government response if such predictions by alphabet agencies come to pass. […]Contributing Author
- “Threat of 3rd World War Real” – Billionaire Soros Warns Currency War With China Could Go Hot 'May 21, 2015 11:27 pm'Soros warned that, “there is a real danger that China will align itself with Russia politically and militarily, and then the threat of third world war becomes real" […]Contributing Author
- Unprecedented Mass Die Offs as Pacific Ocean “Turning Into a Desert” Off California Coast 'May 21, 2015 6:25 pm'"These animals are coming in really desperate. They're at the end of life. They're in a crisis ... and not all animals are going to make it." […]Mac Slavo
- Video: FBI Now Going Door-To-Door Interrogating Americans About Jade Helm Military Exercises: “We Follow Up With Anything Like That” 'May 21, 2015 5:25 pm'If you've ever wondered if there is a main core red list and what it's like to be visited by agents of the Federal government then watch the video below... […]Mac Slavo
- ObamaFail: Affordable Insurance Rates Set To Skyrocket 50%… Again 'May 22, 2015 4:36 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)