help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Doing Stupid Things with Iran 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'What have we gained from President Obama’s “Soft Power”? What has Iran done but pocket the concessions and continue on its path toward a nuclear weapon? […]
- Can We Send Alan Gross Back to Cuba? 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'Obama again delighting in trading Americans who hate America for foreign terrorists and murderers who also hate America. […]
- To Win Electoral College GOP Must Have A Hispanic On 2016 Ticket 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'All things being equal, having a Hispanic on the ticket appears to be the GOP's best hope, and Governor Brian Sandoval appears to be the best Hispanic choice. […]
- Who Will Be Suckered By Hillary's Glider Kit? 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'If Hillary Rodham Clinton effuses that “new car smell” it could only come from a cosmetic transplant, a heavy-duty truck Glider Kit. […]
- Not the First Time Dianne Feinstein Has Endangered Lives 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'Politics before principle, whether it's "torture" or a serial killer on the loose. […]
- Doing Stupid Things with Iran 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'
- Merry Christmas! 5 Takeaways from Media Coverage of Christians in 2014 'December 18, 2014 1:55 pm'It’s the reason for the season, so naturally, attacks on Christianity tend to pick up around this time of year. The mocking and sacrilege gets a bit more pointed in the media. The sneering contempt from entertainers and lefty activists gets a bit thicker. But insulting Christians is a year-round sport, like bowling. Unlike bowling, you’ll find all the best […]Katie Yoder
- Donny Deutsch Disses Rep. Diaz-Balart: Statement on Cuba Deal 'Inane' 'December 18, 2014 1:52 pm'It's good that we live in a country where citizens feel free to criticize elected officials to their face. Just wondering, though: when was the last time that freedom was exercised on MSNBC to tell a Dem official that something he said was "inane?" On today's Morning Joe, Donny Deutsch angrily asked Republican Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart of M […]Mark Finkelstein
- Liberal Media Elite Hails Colbert As 'Genius' for Playing Conservative Idiot 'December 18, 2014 12:36 pm'Liberals are going into deep mourning over the television death of Stephen Colbert, Very Badly Disguised Liberal. They think this is an "unparalleled achievement." In Wednesday's paper, TV writer Bill Carter of The New York Times lined up all of Colbert’s competitors to call him a genius for disparaging conservatives with so much panache. “For […]Tim Graham
- WashPost Editorial Board Tears Into Obama’s Move on Cuba; ‘an Undeserved Bailout’ 'December 18, 2014 7:21 am'In the lead editorial for Thursday’s paper, The Washington Post blasted President Barack Obama’s decision to move toward normalized relations with the communist regime in Cuba as “naive” in awarding “an undeserved bailout” and “new lease on life” to “a 50-year-old failed regime.” […]Curtis Houck
- Charles Pierce: New U.S. Approach to Cuba a ‘No-Lose Proposition’ as Policy and ‘Brilliant’ as Politics 'December 18, 2014 6:03 am'The Esquire blogger is pleased that with Obama’s executive action on immigration and the shift on Cuba, “the Republicans now have two major freak-outs in their base that will do nothing except inflame the implacable Right, and thereby cripple the party's ability to reach out to the new Hispanic voters it claims it wants to attract.” […]Tom Johnson
- Merry Christmas! 5 Takeaways from Media Coverage of Christians in 2014 'December 18, 2014 1:55 pm'
- Bondage 'master' convicted in plot to kill wife 'December 19, 2014 1:36 am'[…]superadm
- Fatal South by Southwest crash brings first wave of lawsuits 'December 19, 2014 1:35 am'By PAUL J. WEBER AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The initial wave of victim lawsuits since four people died at the South by Southwest music festival accuse organizers of safety lapses after a driver struck a crowd of concertgoers.read more […]superadm
- Oklahoma official: Felt 'pressure' on executions 'December 19, 2014 1:35 am'OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Lawyers for 21 death row inmates say Oklahoma's bungled execution in April is evidence they likely will experience pain and suffering from the state's lethal injection protocol.read more […]superadm
- AP Source: Celtics trade Rondo to Mavericks 'December 19, 2014 1:35 am'By JIMMY GOLEN […]superadm
- Anthony sits out Knicks' game against Bulls 'December 19, 2014 1:35 am'[…]superadm
- Bondage 'master' convicted in plot to kill wife 'December 19, 2014 1:36 am'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Texas Takes Aim at the First Amendment 'December 18, 2014 8:29 pm'George Will, Washington PostThe Battle of Palmito Ranch near Brownsville, Tex., on May 13, 1865, is called the last battle of the Civil War, but the Texas Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) might consider that judgment premature, given its conflict with the state’s Department of Transportation and Department of Motor Vehicles. This skirmish i […]
- The Biggest Foreign Policy Election Since WWII 'December 18, 2014 8:28 pm'Roger L Simon, PJ MediaOnly a day after we watched pundits and commentators bend over backwards and do cartwheels to inform us the events in Sydney were not about Islam but about one deranged individual, the mass murder of school children in Peshawar occurred, an act reminiscent of Pol Pot at his worst with a soupÃ§on of Dr. Mengele. Our considerate and soph […]
- Bush's Move Fuels Democratic Debate 'December 18, 2014 8:27 pm'Ron Brownstein, National JournalJeb Bush's announcement this week that he will "actively explore" a 2016 presidential candidacy adds new urgency to the debate among Democrats that Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York launched with a sharply worded speech late last month. Schumer's broadside drew attention mostly because he insisted his fellow D […]
- Obama's Imaginary Winning Streak 'December 18, 2014 8:21 pm'David Harsanyi, The FederalistThere’s a big story emerging in D.C.: Barack Obama is making a comeback. Politico’s newest contribution to this flourishing genre is titled “Obama libre.” The piece oscillates between the president’s success with executive power – “He’s spent a year nudging Americans to judge him less on legislative accomplishments and more on h […]
- President Obama Is Closing the Year Strong 'December 18, 2014 8:19 pm'Dovere & Brown, PoliticoIf President Barack Obama’s year ended in November, it would have been one of the worst of his presidency.Good thing he had the past five weeks.Story Continued BelowObama feels liberated, aides say, and sees the recent flurry of aggressive executive action and deal-making as a pivot for him to spend his final two years in office b […]
- Texas Takes Aim at the First Amendment 'December 18, 2014 8:29 pm'
- This Is What a Currency Collapse Looks Like: Shopping Frenzy: “We Have A Lot Of Rubles Losing Value Every Second” 'December 17, 2014 6:24 pm'You need to answer the question: What is money when the system collapses? […]Mac Slavo
- What’s Behind the Riots? A Federal Police Force: “Everything else has been nationalized, so why not the police?” 'December 17, 2014 10:35 am'In the wake of the chaos of riots and mass protests, a clearer picture is beginning to emerge: the justified anger over police abuse isn't brewing more justice, but more power for the feds. […]Mac Slavo
- NASA Experts: California Needs 11 Trillion Gallons to End Drought, Southwest States “Not Sharing a Drop of Water” 'December 17, 2014 12:51 am'The same NASA experts who sounded the alarm over the drought's threat to the food supply are now warning that California needs some 11 trillion gallons of water to replenish to normal levels. […]Mac Slavo
- Watch: This Is Why Russia Can’t Attack America: New Weapon Has “Near-Instantaneous Lethality” 'December 16, 2014 8:17 pm'War is coming to the world. Russia will not stand idly by as their entire way of life is destroyed through economic means. But they are not ready for a widespread conflagration right now. […]Mac Slavo
- Collapse Survivor: “Try To Imagine Yourself In The Worst Moments of Your Life” 'December 16, 2014 3:27 am'You are cold, hungry, in pain or fear... your kid is home sick without medication... heavy weight is pressing down on you from all the pressure... this sort of challenge is what makes survival hard and lets strong people survive. […]Contributing Author
- This Is What a Currency Collapse Looks Like: Shopping Frenzy: “We Have A Lot Of Rubles Losing Value Every Second” 'December 17, 2014 6:24 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)