help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- K-12: Criminal Minds at Work 'July 25, 2016 5:00 am'So-called "progressive" education is more invasive and hostile than most parents ever realize. […]
- There Is Nothing Honorable about Losing to Hillary 'July 25, 2016 5:00 am'Note to all you honorable liars and losers: the voters are sick of you. We want someone on our side and someone who will to fight to win. That’s why Trump was nominated. […]
- The Trump-Cruz Kerfuffle: The Art of the Deal...Not. 'July 25, 2016 5:00 am'So why did the greatest negotiator on the planet fail to do a deal with Cruz? […]
- In Like (General) Flynn? 'July 25, 2016 5:00 am'There is a small coterie of senior soldiers who do have a clue, one of which may be Michael Flynn, a member of Donald Trump’s kitchen cabinet or national security brain trust. […]
- Trump's Speech: Optimistic, Not Dark 'July 25, 2016 5:00 am'Finally, a strong and optimistic speech by Donald Trump after accepting the nomination of his party. But not if you ask the mainstream media. […]
- K-12: Criminal Minds at Work 'July 25, 2016 5:00 am'
- AP and BBC Fail to Report Munich Killer's Full Name 'July 25, 2016 2:41 am'In Munich on Friday, 18 year-old Ali David Sonboly gunned down nine people, seven of them teenagers, and injured 35, before killing himself. Though there appears to be no direct connection to nationalist or Islamic groups, witnesses said he screamed "I'm German" and "Allah Akbar" during his killing spree. The previous paragraph tells […]Tom Blumer
- The New NY Times Public Editor Goes There: 'Why Readers See The Times as Liberal' 'July 25, 2016 12:48 am'Liberal journalists may be spending the weekend gnashing their teeth over the New York Times Public Editor’s promise to analyze why people think the paper has a liberal bias. Liz Spayd recently became the paper’s sixth Public Editor, and she quickly got provocative in her second column for the Sunday Review: “Why Readers See The Times as Liberal.” The text b […]Clay Waters
- CBS's Dickerson to Obama: 'Is Honesty Overrated as a Presidential Quality?' 'July 25, 2016 12:42 am'In a pre-recorded interview with President Barack Obama aired on Sunday's Face the Nation, CBS anchor John Dickerson started to press the President modestly on Hillary Clinton's mishandling of her work email as Secretary of State and whether her behavior was consistent with Obama's 2008 promises of "transparency." But, after the Pre […]Brad Wilmouth
- History! WashPost Tweaks Trump by Pairing 'Fox News' with 'Mussolini' and 'Make America Great' 'July 25, 2016 12:09 am'Political reporter Philip Bump of The Washington Post just had to dip into the yellowed pages of media history so he could post this headline on Saturday: “In 1927, Fox News Service filmed Benito Mussolini telling immigrants to ‘make America great’: Every word of that is true.” […]Tim Graham
- NBC's Mitchell Lauds Kaine as 'Heroic' for Going Left on Gun Laws 'July 24, 2016 11:20 pm'Appearing as a panel member on Sunday's Meet the Press, NBC correspondent Andrea Mitchell praised Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine as "heroic" on the issue of guns because of his history of supporting more gun control. After far-left panel member and MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow questioned whether he really was "progressive, […]Brad Wilmouth
- AP and BBC Fail to Report Munich Killer's Full Name 'July 25, 2016 2:41 am'
- Asian shares cheered by Wall Street, dollar, Group of 20 'July 25, 2016 5:45 am'TOKYO (AP) — Asian shares were mostly higher Monday, cheered by upbeat signs from Wall Street, a strengthening U.S. dollar and promises from the Group of 20 nations over the weekend to support global growth. […]Associated Press
- Bavarian official: Ansbach attack suggests Islamist motive 'July 25, 2016 5:45 am'ANSBACH, Germany (AP) — Bavaria's top security official said Monday that he believes a failed asylum seeker who blew himself up and injured 12 people in the southern German town of Ansbach was driven by religious extremism. […]Associated Press
- Southeast Asian nations deliver watered-down rebuke to China for territorial expansion in South China Sea 'July 25, 2016 5:45 am'VIENTIANE, Laos (AP) — Southeast Asian nations deliver watered-down rebuke to China for territorial expansion in South China Sea. […]Associated Press
- DIVIDED AMERICA: Clinton highlights lack of women in office 'July 25, 2016 5:30 am'Hillary Clinton and Mary Thomas have little in common, except for this: They both hope to add to the meager ranks of America's female elected officials come January. […]Associated Press
- 'Pokemon Go' players stumble on hidden history 'July 25, 2016 5:30 am'PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Historical markers have long dotted the landscape, often barely noticed by passers-by — until they became treasure-filled stops this month on the "Pokemon Go" trail. […]Associated Press
- Asian shares cheered by Wall Street, dollar, Group of 20 'July 25, 2016 5:45 am'
- Sanders: 'Clinton Will Make an Outstanding President' 'July 26, 2016 3:42 am'Sanders was the last speaker Monday night. […]
- Sanders: 'Clinton Will Make an Outstanding President' 'July 26, 2016 3:42 am'Sanders was the last speaker Monday night. […]
- 2-Year-Old Boy's Hot Car Death Under Investigation by Dallas Police 'July 26, 2016 3:40 am'Dallas police say they are investigating the death of a 2-year-old boy left in a hot car as his family attended church service Sunday. […]
- WATCH: Elizabeth Warren Takes on the Ethics of Trump's Business Record 'July 26, 2016 3:39 am'Massachusetts senator speaks in support of Hillary Clinton at the 2016 Democratic National Convention. […]
- WATCH: Sanders Backs Clinton Despite 'Disappointment' from Supporters 'July 26, 2016 3:31 am'Sanders was the last speaker Monday night. […]
- Sanders: 'Clinton Will Make an Outstanding President' 'July 26, 2016 3:42 am'
- Feds investigating insurance fraud that duped U.S. military 'June 10, 2016 1:38 am'CBS News investigation showed how U.S. military have been tricked into getting unnecessary medical tests that are billed to Pentagon's insurance plan […]
- U.S. military members duped to help pull off insurance fraud 'June 9, 2016 1:29 am'CBS News is exposing an insurance scam where taxpayers are the victims; and U.S. military members are tricked into helping pull off the fraud […]
- West Virginia AG's past with drug companies questioned 'June 3, 2016 1:29 am'Patrick Morrisey was once a lobbyist representing pharmaceutical trade group funded by some drug distributors that West Virginia is now suing in opioid crisis […]
- Lead poisoning victims possibly targeted to sign over settlement funds 'April 21, 2016 1:29 am'Lead poisoning victim Crystal Linton says she didn't understand what she was doing when she signed over her settlement money to a finance company; CBS News spoke to two dozen others in similar situations […]
- West Virginia doctor investigated for deaths in opioid epidemic 'April 14, 2016 1:45 am'Dr. Michael Kostenko has written more than 40,000 prescriptions for oxycodone in the last two years -- 3 of his patients have died […]
- Feds investigating insurance fraud that duped U.S. military 'June 10, 2016 1:38 am'
- In a Change Election, Clinton Is the Incumbent 'July 25, 2016 7:17 pm'Ed Rogers, Washington PostAs the Democratic National Convention convenes in Philadelphia, Hillary Clinton faces many widely reported challenges. She is generally not trusted, and the majority of Americans tend to repeat what has now become a cliche invented by President Obama: Clinton just doesn’t have that new-car smell. I continue to believe Clinton and Do […]
- You Can Support Hillary Clinton and Still Be Critical of Her 'July 25, 2016 7:15 pm'Sally Kohn, TimeIn my experience, progressives are inherently inclined to be critical. After all, we’re not the ones who stand for the status quo or, worse, backwards regression, but progress, advancement—the ones who point out what’s broken about the system as it is and how we need to fix it. This is, for the most part, a fantastic quality. It can also make […]
- Common Core Costs Billions and Hurts Students 'July 25, 2016 6:50 pm'Diane Ravitch, New York TimesFOR 15 years, since the passage of George W. Bush’s No Child Left Behindact, education reformers have promoted standardized testing, school choice, competition and accountability (meaning punishment of teachers and schools) as the primary means of improving education. For many years, I agreed with them. I was an assistant secreta […]
- A Chart the Racial Grievance Industry Won't Talk About 'July 25, 2016 6:48 pm'Helen Raleigh, The FederalistThis month the Pew Research Center published a study on racial and gender wage gaps. I usually don’t take this kind of study too seriously because it doesn’t differentiate people’s education, work experiences, and professions, even though the study acknowledges these three factors alone can explain more than 70 percent of wage ga […]
- The DNC Is Hillary Clinton's Best, Biggest Chance 'July 25, 2016 6:48 pm'Todd Purdum, Vanity FairBelieve it or not, there was a time in American history—a very long time, in fact—when presidential candidates didn’t even deign to attend the national conventions that nominated them. Legend has it that Abraham Lincoln was running errands for his wife, or chatting with friends in a newspaper office in Springfield, Illinois, when he l […]
- In a Change Election, Clinton Is the Incumbent 'July 25, 2016 7:17 pm'
- It’s About To Get Ugly: “You Better Have Some Exposure To Hard Assets” 'July 24, 2016 7:45 pm'They key is to act before the rest of the crowd. […]Mac Slavo
- Sign of the Times: Riot Control Gear Sales Are Soaring Globally 'July 24, 2016 6:15 pm'The governments of the world clearly know what’s coming. […]Contributing Author
- Comey Did His Job: This Is Why The FBI Let Hillary Skate On The Email Scandal 'July 24, 2016 4:53 pm'The “investigation” by the FBI and Comey was a sham: it was a travesty of justice, that horrible “J” word that the Clintons seem to escape from ad infinitum. Comey knew what side his bread was buttered on... […]Contributing Author
- Deep Underground Military Bases? California Hit by Mysterious Clockwork “BOOMS” 'July 23, 2016 9:00 pm'So what is it? Lots of conspiracies are, of course, floating around including aliens... […]Contributing Author
- Market Analyst Forecast: “In The Next Week Or Two We Should See A Significant Move To The Downside” 'July 23, 2016 6:21 pm'The fear/greed index remains at an extreme, so we should not be surprised to see this... […]Mac Slavo
- It’s About To Get Ugly: “You Better Have Some Exposure To Hard Assets” 'July 24, 2016 7:45 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)