help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Impeach Eric Holder 'June 19, 2013 6:04 am'The case against Attorney General Holder. […]
- How Quaint: Big Brother Demands 'Privacy' 'June 19, 2013 6:04 am'It's amazing what can make a person feel wistful and nostalgic these days […]
- What the IRS Has Become 'June 19, 2013 6:03 am'With an IRS like what we have now, we're at serious risk of "freedom" becoming a word of the past in America. […]
- Leftus Ignoramus 'June 19, 2013 6:03 am'Leftists seem to harbor a profound ignorance of geography, history, and other hard facts which anyone involved in politics ought to know. How exactly do they get away with it? […]
- Why not Zimbabwe? 'June 19, 2013 6:03 am'A mysterious omission from the itinerary. […]
- Impeach Eric Holder 'June 19, 2013 6:04 am'
- MSNBC: Obama and Merkel Are the New 'Ronnie and Maggie'; Matthews Sees Conspiracy to Push Hillary 2016 'June 19, 2013 10:11 pm'MSNBC's Chris Matthews and his liberal guest on Wednesday thrilled over the relationship between Barack Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Washington Post writer Eugene Robinson even compared them to Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher: "I think in a way, you know, Barack and Angela are the new Ronnie and Maggie...They can be kind of a dyna […]Scott Whitlock
- NBC's Todd Excuses Obama's Poor Speech Performance: Crowd Too Small, 'It Was Hot' 'June 19, 2013 9:12 pm'Appearing on MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Reports on Wednesday, NBC's chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd came up with a long list of excuses for President Obama's poor speech performance in Berlin: "I want to give you a little context here....there was an attempt to shrink the crowd size....Maybe they would have gotten 25, 30, 40,000 p […]Kyle Drennen
- NewsBusters Interview: Amity Shlaes on Coolidge, Media, and Neo-Keynesianism 'June 19, 2013 9:11 pm'The overwhelming dominance that liberal statists have over the media today is one of the biggest obstacles faced by advocates of smaller government. Invariably whenever people try to make reforms to existing systems or eliminate waste, their intentions get distorted and lied about and the reformers’ motives get impugned. Things were not always this way, howe […]Matthew Sheffield
- Newsweek's Goldberg Sees Pro-Life House Vote As 'Wacky,' 'Embryo Is Not a Human Being' 'June 19, 2013 8:37 pm'Appearing as a guest on Tuesday's All In show on MSNBC, Newsweek senior writer Michelle Goldberg -- also of The Daily Beast -- observed that the House Republican push for a vote to ban abortion seems "wacky and counterproductive," and later asserted that "Most people intuitively know that an embryo is not a human being." When host Ch […]Brad Wilmouth
- WashPost 'Federal Diary' Columnist Wishes Supreme Ct. Would Banish DOMA to 'Discredited Corner of History' 'June 19, 2013 8:27 pm'As early as tomorrow morning but most assuredly before the month is over, the U.S. Supreme Court will issue a ruling on the constitutionality of the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which defines, for federal purposes, marriage as an institution existing between a man and a woman. A ruling on that count would have repercussions to a whole host of federal […]Ken Shepherd
- MSNBC: Obama and Merkel Are the New 'Ronnie and Maggie'; Matthews Sees Conspiracy to Push Hillary 2016 'June 19, 2013 10:11 pm'
- Sen. Sessions: 'Deep Concern' Immigration Bill Says Only A Crime After 3 Forged Passports 'June 19, 2013 7:12 pm'Loading the player ... […]firstname.lastname@example.org
- House panel starts rewrite of No Child Left Behind 'June 19, 2013 6:35 pm'By PHILIP ELLIOTT WASHINGTON (AP) — House lawmakers are beginning work on a rewrite of the No Child Left Behind education law that would give states more authority and Washington less.read more […]superadm
- Mueller urges caution on NSA program changes 'June 19, 2013 6:35 pm'[…]superadm
- Diverted United 787 passengers resume Tokyo trip 'June 19, 2013 6:35 pm'SEATTLE (AP) — A Boeing 787 flying from Denver to Tokyo diverted to Seattle because of an oil filter issue, a United Airlines spokeswoman said.read more […]superadm
- Baked Alaska: Unusual heat wave hits 49th state 'June 19, 2013 6:35 pm'By RACHEL D'ORO […]superadm
- Sen. Sessions: 'Deep Concern' Immigration Bill Says Only A Crime After 3 Forged Passports 'June 19, 2013 7:12 pm'
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More 'December 20, 2012 8:20 pm'“We have to have a comprehensive way in which to respond to the mass murder of our children that we saw in Connecticut,” said Vice President Joe Biden today, meeting with the leaders of law enforcement organizations whom he said had been his “friends and... […]Jake Tapper
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'
- Video: Obama on "gunwalking" - "Serious mistakes" may have been made 'September 10, 2012 7:26 pm'Responding to operation "Fast and Furious," President Obama told Univision's Jorge Ramos, "serious mistakes" may have been made. Recently CBS News broke this story of the ATF letting guns into Mexico, which have wound up in the hands of drug cartels. […]
- Video: ATF agents face "gunwalking" blame, danger in Mexico 'September 10, 2012 7:26 pm'Former attache for ATF in Mexico City Darren Gil told CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson that ATF agents in Mexico face blame and danger as a result of the agency's "Fast and Furious" program. […]
- Murdered U.S. agent's family wants answers 'November 7, 2011 1:28 pm'Gunwalking: Parents of ICE Special Agent Jaime Zapata want to know if weapon that killed their son was tracked by U.S. […]
- Gunwalker scandal called "perfect storm of idiocy" 'July 26, 2011 1:59 pm'Congressional investigators say agency charged with preventing weapons from falling into hands of drug cartels instead facilitated it […]
- Untitled 'March 8, 2011 9:14 pm'[…]
- Video: Obama on "gunwalking" - "Serious mistakes" may have been made 'September 10, 2012 7:26 pm'
- Why the IRS IG Stopped With an Audit 'June 19, 2013 6:56 pm'Gerald Walpin, National ReviewAmong all the unanswered questions about the IRS's illegal targeting of conservative organizations, one is most crucial: Who ordered this extreme scrutiny?Amazingly, IRS inspector general J. Russell George, responsible for the investigation asking those questions about the IRS, has testified that he did not obtain that info […]
- Hillary 2016--What Difference Does It Make? 'June 19, 2013 6:32 pm'Charles Hurt, Wash TimesThe Clintons are getting the old band back together again for one last geriatric tour.Hillary 2016. Because 22 years of Clintons dominating the Beltway isn’t enough.Her campaign slogan: “Vote for me. I am a woman. What difference does it make?”The Draft Hillary movement is really taking off. There hasn’t been t […]
- Who's Afraid of Rand Paul? 'June 19, 2013 6:31 pm'Conor Friedersdorf, The AtlanticCritiques of democracy are as old as the excesses of the Athenian variety. Here's a classic: The unmediated masses are as capable of doing an injustice as any aristocracy or tyrant. In America, it's acceptable to say, as shorthand, that we're living in a Western liberal democracy. But the fact is that we live in […]
- Missing Michael Hastings 'June 19, 2013 6:30 pm'Ben Smith, BuzzFeedMichael Hastings was really only interested in writing stories someone didn’t want him to write — often his subjects; occasionally his editor. While there is no template for a great reporter, he was one for reasons that were intrinsic to who he was: ambitious, skeptical of power and conventional wisdom, and incredibly brave. An […]
- Justice Has Prevailed in Arizona 'June 19, 2013 6:16 pm'Al Sharpton, Huffington PostVoting is a right, not a privilege. Apparently some folks need a reminder every now and then. When the Voting Rights Act of 1965 became law, it solidified every American citizen's right to vote and participate in the electoral process. There were some that came up with creative schemes to block the votes of minorities, and to […]
- Why the IRS IG Stopped With an Audit 'June 19, 2013 6:56 pm'
- Bye-bye 5th Amendment! Supreme Court Decides: Anything You Don’t Say Can and Will Be Used Against You 'June 19, 2013 5:05 am'Everyone knows that when building a police state, it’s vital to strike a few Constitutional rights off the books. Now, we can add the right to remain silent to the graveyard of the American justice system. […]Contributing Author
- Building Your SHTF Combat Overwatch Rifle 'June 19, 2013 12:00 am'The overwatch rifle is not just a tool, it is also a strategy, and when I refer to “overwatch”, I am referring to a guerrilla methodology, not the standard military usage involving sniper support. […]Contributing Author
- Real Life Spy Drama On U.S. Bound Plane: “I’m Dead Already, They’re Gonna Kill Me” *VIDEO REPORT* 'June 18, 2013 5:33 pm'"He was screaming something to the effect that he had information about something Edward Snowden released, and that he had information for the U.S. but he was being hussled away by the CIA and being taken away to some safehouse, never to be seen again." […]Mac Slavo
- Watch Your Cash: New BAIL-IN Rules Will Force “Failed Bank Losses on Investors” 'June 18, 2013 5:05 am'The collapse of the global financial system is a foregone conclusion and it has just been confirmed by finance ministers around the world. […]Mac Slavo
- 14-Year-Old Faces Year In Jail Over Pro-Gun T-Shirt 'June 17, 2013 9:45 pm'Police initially claimed Marcum made “terroristic threats” for daring to exercise his first amendment... […]Contributing Author
- Bye-bye 5th Amendment! Supreme Court Decides: Anything You Don’t Say Can and Will Be Used Against You 'June 19, 2013 5:05 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)