help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Saudis to Obama: We Will Not Tolerate a Nuclear Iran 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'Saudi Arabia's Israel-hating King Abdullah just flew in an Israeli scientist to have dinner with him, to enjoy some royal hospitality, accept a medal and the $200,000 "Arab Nobel Prize." It's a not-so-subtle message to President Obama […]
- Beware Educational Hysteria 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'Just how many super-smart people are really necessary for a nation's prosperity? A million? Ten million? Nobody knows and the answer is probably incalculable. […]
- Janet Yellen and the Phillips Curve 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'The Phillips curve is an economic fad that should have vanished with the disco era. Now, with Janet Yellin, it's back. […]
- Russia's Great Stagnation 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'A closer look at the biggest loser in national economies. […]
- The Sound of Music and Culture Shock 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'Sound of Music is much more than pretty tunes and delightful lyrics. […]
- Saudis to Obama: We Will Not Tolerate a Nuclear Iran 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'
- MSNBC’s Touré Neblett Calls Black CNN Anchor Don Lemon ‘White Leader’ 'December 11, 2013 2:30 am'Touré Neblett, the hyper-partisan 9/11 truther who is co-host of MSNBC’s afternoon show “The Cycle,” has said a number of idiotic things over the years. Usually, he says such things in the context of an attack on a conservative or Republican--like last month when he confidently asserted that U.S. Senate seats can be gerrymandered. On Sunday, however, he deci […]Matthew Sheffield
- Bill O'Reilly Catches Sharpton In Another Deceptive Video Edit: 'They Don't Come Lower' 'December 11, 2013 2:01 am'Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly on Tuesday again exposed MSNBC’s Al Sharpton for deceptively editing a video, this time to make it appear the Factor host was disparaging Nelson Mandela within hours of his death. “Sharpton uses the occasion of Nelson Mandela's death to dishonestly attack people he doesn't like,” said O’Reilly. “They don't come lower” […]Noel Sheppard
- MSNBC's Hayes Impressed by Rand Paul Talking to Left on Illegal Drugs 'December 10, 2013 11:56 pm'On Monday's All In show, after going through a number of Rand Paul soundbites which he viewed as reflectly poorly on the Republican Senator, host Chris Hayes was impressed by Senator Paul taking a liberal point of view on the war on drugs. Hayes talked up the possibility of the Kentucky Senator being a plus for the GOP with minority voters. Hayes: read […]Brad Wilmouth
- Obama Recruits President of Soros-Funded Group, NYT Fails to Mention Connection 'December 10, 2013 11:13 pm'President Barack Obama hired a new counselor for 2014, a man who used to lead a liberal Soros-funded group. John Podesta, founder and president of the far-left Center for American Progress (CAP), was tapped by the administration and will focus on the health care law and climate change issues, according to a Dec. 9, New York Times article. That same article f […]Mike Ciandella
- MSNBC: Tea Party 'Reckless with People's Lives,' GOP 'Can't Win on Just Hate' 'December 10, 2013 11:09 pm'On Monday's All In on MSNBC, during a discussion of whether the Tea Party has helped conservatism, host Chris Hayes accused the Tea Party of being "reckless" in several ways, including "with people's lives," as he contrasted the GOP and Democratic bases, while MSNBC's Karen Finney asserted that GOPers only agree on "ho […]Brad Wilmouth
- MSNBC’s Touré Neblett Calls Black CNN Anchor Don Lemon ‘White Leader’ 'December 11, 2013 2:30 am'
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada 'December 10, 2013 10:35 pm'LOVELOCK, Nev. (AP) — A search is on in the mountains of rural northwestern Nevada for a couple and four children who went to play in the snow Sunday and haven't returned.read more […]superadm
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama 'December 10, 2013 10:35 pm'By NOMAAN MERCHANT read more […]superadm
- Reid says Senate will not extend farm law 'December 10, 2013 10:35 pm'By MARY CLARE JALONICK WASHINGTON (AP) — Majority Leader Harry Reid says the Senate will not extend current farm law if Congress can't agree on a new farm bill before adjourning next week.read more […]superadm
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche in Utah gully 'December 10, 2013 10:35 pm'By PAUL FOY SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — An avalanche that was caught on video dragged a backcountry skier into a Utah ravine and buried her in snow, but the woman survived because she deployed a speciread more […]superadm
- Weapons watchdog receives Nobel Peace Prize 'December 10, 2013 10:35 pm'OSLO, Norway (AP) — The head of a watchdog group that is trying to rid the world of chemical weapons has received the Nobel Peace Prize at a ceremony in the Norwegian capital.read more […]superadm
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada 'December 10, 2013 10:35 pm'
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More 'December 20, 2012 8:20 pm'“We have to have a comprehensive way in which to respond to the mass murder of our children that we saw in Connecticut,” said Vice President Joe Biden today, meeting with the leaders of law enforcement organizations whom he said had been his “friends and... […]Jake Tapper
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- U.S. doctors purchasing unapproved foreign drugs 'July 4, 2012 3:11 am'CBS News' Armen Keteyian reports on American doctors purchasing cancer drugs from overseas that have not had FDA approval […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'
- Sorry Henry Blodget, the Rich Do Create Jobs 'December 10, 2013 8:53 pm'John Tamny, RCMAbout all the wholly ineffective regulation that followed the 1980s S&L debacle, it was once written that it amounted to an "Act of anger." Politicians and regulators are always and everywhere fighting yesterday's maladies, and as evidenced by the troubles in the still heavily regulated banking sector in 2008, the alleged […]
- How Mandela Came to Embrace Free Markets 'December 10, 2013 8:51 pm'Andrew Ross Sorkin, NYTWhen you think about Nelson Mandela, you probably think about freedom Â free people, free country, free speech. What may be overshadowed by Mr. MandelaÂs extraordinary legacy was his complicated journey to support free markets and a free economy.When Mr. Mandela was released from prison in 1990, he told his followers in the African N […]
- Harvey Weinstein's "Philomena" Attack Ad 'December 10, 2013 7:48 pm'Kyle Smith, New York PostI’ve never been flogged in the public square, but now I have a rough idea what it’s like.On Thursday, Harvey Weinstein, the US distributor of the Judi Dench-Steve Coogan film “Philomena,” placed a full-page, color attack ad in The New York Times that screamed my name in blood-red letters. […]
- Epiphanies From Leon Panetta 'December 10, 2013 7:46 pm'Ty McCormick, Foreign PolicyAfter a Zelig-like four decades in Washington -- from Congress to the White House, from Langley to the Pentagon -- Leon Panetta is finally back in California, on his beloved walnut farm. When he was sworn in as CIA director in 2009, few would have guessed he'd be the man to track down Osama bin Laden. A budget wonk and staunc […]
- GOP Needs to Act on Immigration Reform 'December 10, 2013 7:42 pm'Dana Milbank, Washington PostAs immigration activists ended a fourth week of fasting on the Mall, they were buoyed by a promise from Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to visit their encampment Monday.But minutes before Reid’s scheduled appearance at the “Fast for Families” tents a few blocks from the Capitol, the action’s organizers told reporters and photog […]
- Sorry Henry Blodget, the Rich Do Create Jobs 'December 10, 2013 8:53 pm'
- Scientists Warn of Worst Case Scenario: “Solar Flares… Will Short Circuit Satellites, Power Grids, Ground Communication Equipment” 'December 10, 2013 8:40 pm'The speed of this event was as fast or faster than anything that has been seen in the modern space age... […]Mac Slavo
- Preparing for a Social Collapse is Silly – People Are Too Civilized and Reasonable… 'December 9, 2013 10:22 pm'We’re a modern, civilized nation, not savages... […]Contributing Author
- Where are the FEMA Camps? Right In Front of You… 'December 8, 2013 10:49 pm'Seemingly, in the past few months, nearly every American community has been besieged with being the recipient of some form of martial law training... […]Contributing Author
- Army Officer Wants You Disarmed: “We Will Pry Your Gun from Your Cold, Dead Fingers” 'December 6, 2013 3:00 pm'Understand this: There are those within military ranks who would turn on their oaths and forcibly seize the very rights our Founders fought so hard to preserve... […]Mac Slavo
- Horrific Consequences: “People Don’t Understand the Scale of the Emergency That’s Going On Right Now” 'December 6, 2013 3:04 am'The rest of this decade will bring us the greatest financial calamity in history... […]Mac Slavo
- Scientists Warn of Worst Case Scenario: “Solar Flares… Will Short Circuit Satellites, Power Grids, Ground Communication Equipment” 'December 10, 2013 8:40 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)