What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Saudis to Obama: We Will Not Tolerate a Nuclear Iran 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'Saudi Arabia's Israel-hating King Abdullah just flew in an Israeli scientist to have dinner with him, to enjoy some royal hospitality, accept a medal and the $200,000 "Arab Nobel Prize." It's a not-so-subtle message to President Obama […]
- Beware Educational Hysteria 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'Just how many super-smart people are really necessary for a nation's prosperity? A million? Ten million? Nobody knows and the answer is probably incalculable. […]
- Janet Yellen and the Phillips Curve 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'The Phillips curve is an economic fad that should have vanished with the disco era. Now, with Janet Yellin, it's back. […]
- Russia's Great Stagnation 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'A closer look at the biggest loser in national economies. […]
- The Sound of Music and Culture Shock 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'Sound of Music is much more than pretty tunes and delightful lyrics. […]
- Saudis to Obama: We Will Not Tolerate a Nuclear Iran 'December 10, 2013 6:03 am'
- MSNBC Savaged Thatcher When She Died, But Now Matthews Insists It’s ‘Not Nice’ to Attack Dead Leaders 'December 10, 2013 2:46 pm'An indignant Chris Matthews on Monday took internet attacks on the late Nelson Mandela, allegedly from conservative commenters, and slammed the right for a lack of respect towards the South African leader: “Don’t they know that it’s not nice to make fun of a person so recently deceased, much less the world’s most honored champion of human freedom?” Yet, how […]Scott Whitlock
- Friedman On Coddled American Kids: 'Stress Will Be Not Understanding Thick Chinese Accent of Your First Boss' 'December 10, 2013 2:24 pm'Wow! File this one under: what would have been the MSM reaction to a conservative who had made the same un-PC statement? On today's Morning Joe, New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman, discussing the way American children have fallen behind children in other countries in academic achievement, and are coddled, handed trophies for non-achievement and […]Mark Finkelstein
- One Year Later: Networks Remember Newtown with 39 Gun Deaths Week Before Anniversary 'December 10, 2013 2:04 pm'Saturday, Dec. 14 marks a year since the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. In the run-up to that tragic anniversary, Americans can expect to hear demands for gun control from sanctimonious Hollywood stars, just as they did in the wake of the shooting. Their demands were hypocritical then, and they’re even more hypocritical now. The e […]Matthew Philbin
- NYT, Boston Globe Discover Years-Long Homelessness Growth in Gotham and Massachusetts 'December 10, 2013 2:03 pm'This month, the Boston Globe and the New York Times have published items on the growth of homelessness in the state of Massachusetts and New York City, respectively. Based on the content of each, it's clear that the topic was ripe for coverage in 2012, but received little if any. I wonder why? (/sarcasm) The Globe's regular-length news story by Meg […]Tom Blumer
- Netflix Acquires Documentary on Romney's Two Campaigns for President 'December 10, 2013 12:51 pm'“Netflix is casting its vote for Mitt Romney,” quipped The Hollywood Reporter. The video streaming service has acquired a Greg Whiteley documentary titled “Mitt” that will debut January 24. The behind-the-scenes documentary on Romney’s campaigns for president from 2006 to 2012 with a “surprising level of access” to the candidate will premiere at the Sundance […]Tim Graham
- MSNBC Savaged Thatcher When She Died, But Now Matthews Insists It’s ‘Not Nice’ to Attack Dead Leaders 'December 10, 2013 2:46 pm'
- Europeans open marathon talks on bank rescues 'December 10, 2013 10:35 am'BRUSSELS (AP) — Finance ministers of the European Union are discussing what they still need to do to create centralized controls over banks.read more […]superadm
- Economic experiment shows limits of NKorean change 'December 10, 2013 10:35 am'By ERIC TALMADGE […]superadm
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 'December 10, 2013 10:35 am'By JON GAMBRELL and ALAN CLENDENNING […]superadm
- Presidents, ministers, royalty at Mandela memorial 'December 10, 2013 10:35 am'By The Associated Press JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Dozens of foreign leaders were expected to arrive Tuesday for the memorial service honoring former South African President Nelson Mandela in Johannesburg's FNB stread more […]superadm
- Race against clock, cold in search for Nevadans 'December 10, 2013 10:35 am'LOVELOCK, Nev. (AP) — A search is on in the mountains of rural northwestern Nevada for a couple and four children who went to play in the snow Sunday and haven't returned.read more […]superadm
- Europeans open marathon talks on bank rescues 'December 10, 2013 10:35 am'
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More 'December 20, 2012 8:20 pm'“We have to have a comprehensive way in which to respond to the mass murder of our children that we saw in Connecticut,” said Vice President Joe Biden today, meeting with the leaders of law enforcement organizations whom he said had been his “friends and... […]Jake Tapper
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- U.S. doctors purchasing unapproved foreign drugs 'July 4, 2012 3:11 am'CBS News' Armen Keteyian reports on American doctors purchasing cancer drugs from overseas that have not had FDA approval […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'
- Income Inequality's Ripple Effect 'December 10, 2013 3:35 am'John Podesta, Politico […]
- Pope Francis and Compassionate Capitalism 'December 10, 2013 2:37 am'Michael Gerson, Wash PostWASHINGTON -- One of the unpleasant side effects of modern medicine -- experienced during a recent convalescence -- is the omnipresence of television. Its controls are built into your hospital bed, just beside the nurse's call button. The screen hovers over your head like an IV -- drip, drip, drip -- distracting, anesthetizing.T […]
- As Obama Turns 'December 10, 2013 1:31 am'John Dickerson, Slate […]
- Obamacare and the Real Wonk Gap 'December 10, 2013 12:55 am'Scott Lincicome, The Federalist […]
- State of Deception 'December 10, 2013 12:41 am'Ryan Lizza, The New Yorker […]
- Income Inequality's Ripple Effect 'December 10, 2013 3:35 am'
- Preparing for a Social Collapse is Silly – People Are Too Civilized and Reasonable… 'December 9, 2013 10:22 pm'We’re a modern, civilized nation, not savages... […]Contributing Author
- Where are the FEMA Camps? Right In Front of You… 'December 8, 2013 10:49 pm'Seemingly, in the past few months, nearly every American community has been besieged with being the recipient of some form of martial law training... […]Contributing Author
- Army Officer Wants You Disarmed: “We Will Pry Your Gun from Your Cold, Dead Fingers” 'December 6, 2013 3:00 pm'Understand this: There are those within military ranks who would turn on their oaths and forcibly seize the very rights our Founders fought so hard to preserve... […]Mac Slavo
- Horrific Consequences: “People Don’t Understand the Scale of the Emergency That’s Going On Right Now” 'December 6, 2013 3:04 am'The rest of this decade will bring us the greatest financial calamity in history... […]Mac Slavo
- How to Survive a Personal Economic Collapse 'December 5, 2013 7:14 pm'For many people who were formerly financially comfortable, the economic collapse has already happened... […]Contributing Author
- Preparing for a Social Collapse is Silly – People Are Too Civilized and Reasonable… 'December 9, 2013 10:22 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)