What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- The Three Stooges of Big Government 'May 24, 2013 6:04 am'Like it or not, Obama, Pelosi, and Reid are not the real enemy. […]
- For Mainstream Media, Snoozing is Losing 'May 24, 2013 6:04 am'For many mainstream journalists, legacy matters. Leaving a mark is the only ticket out of oblivion. […]
- NASA Adrift in Interplanetary Space 'May 24, 2013 6:04 am'Still searching for an overarching goal. […]
- Marcuse and Obama: No Small Change 'May 24, 2013 6:04 am'Where did President Obama get the idea its okay to repress the minority that stands in the way of change? […]
- Humanitarian Disaster and Political Illusion 'May 24, 2013 6:03 am'The time is running out for any acceptable solution at all to the Syrian catastrophe. […]
- The Three Stooges of Big Government 'May 24, 2013 6:04 am'
- Paul Krugman’s Flagrant ‘Austerity’ Double Standard 'May 25, 2013 4:24 am'Generally speaking, we try to avoid mentioning shrill leftist New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, not because he makes no absurd statements but because he makes so many of them. An exception to this rule must be made, however, thanks to an excellent piece by economist Robert P. Murphy in the American Conservative headlined “Heads Krugman Wins, Tails ‘Aust […]Matthew Sheffield
- As Stockholm Riots Move Into Fifth Day, Press's Aversion to the M-Word ('Muslim') to Describe Those Involved Is Nearly Unanimous 'May 25, 2013 3:09 am'A Google News search on "Sweden riots" done tonight at 10 PM ET (not in quotes, sorted by date, with duplicates) returned 314 items. Adding the word "Muslim" to the search reduced the number of results to nine. Fewer than a handful are from establishment press outlets, and one of those only appeared in the search results because a comment […]Tom Blumer
- Roger Ailes Rallies the Troops: 'To Be a Fox Journalist Is a High Honor, Not a High Crime' 'May 25, 2013 1:54 am'Fox News boss Roger Ailes wrote a pep-rally memo to his employees in the wake of the James Rosen investigation news. Washington Post media blogger Erik Wemple called it a "masterpiece." "For all those who wonder what it is about Ailes that endears his people to him — and that makes him such a good interviewee for any media reporter lucky enoug […]Tim Graham
- WashPost's Milbank Mocks Nikki Haley, 'Reached Out to' 'White Supremacists' 'May 24, 2013 11:04 pm'Appearing as a guest on Thursday's PoliticsNation on MSNBC, Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank mocked South Carolina Republican Governor Nikki Haley as someone who has "reached out to a minority" in the form of white supremacists since they are a "minority," as he reacted to accusations that a member of her reelection committee i […]Brad Wilmouth
- Chris Matthews: 'Ted Cruz is the Unsmiling, Contemptuous Face of the Wild, Nasty Hard-Right' 'May 24, 2013 10:28 pm'"Pay attention to Senator Cruz because he is the unsmiling, contemptuous face of the wild, nasty, hard-right fringe of a Party that once competed with the Democrats to be the country’s governing Party." So said MSNBC's Chris Matthews on Friday's Hardball (video follows with transcript and commentary): read more […]Noel Sheppard
- Paul Krugman’s Flagrant ‘Austerity’ Double Standard 'May 25, 2013 4:24 am'
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY 'May 25, 2013 5:34 am'EPHRATAH, N.Y. (AP) — The founder of Angel Flight Northeast says he's "tremendously saddened" to hear that one of its flights crashed in upstate New York, killing two passengers.read more […]superadm
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him 'May 25, 2013 5:34 am'By MANUEL VALDES and MIKE BAKER read more […]superadm
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals 'May 25, 2013 5:34 am'By WILL GRAVES […]superadm
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93 'May 25, 2013 5:34 am'By TIM REYNOLDS […]superadm
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17 'May 25, 2013 5:34 am'PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — Police say a suicide bomber walked up to a vehicle owned by an Afghan religious leader in northwestern Pakistan and set off his explosives, killing three peread more […]superadm
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY 'May 25, 2013 5:34 am'
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More 'December 20, 2012 8:20 pm'“We have to have a comprehensive way in which to respond to the mass murder of our children that we saw in Connecticut,” said Vice President Joe Biden today, meeting with the leaders of law enforcement organizations whom he said had been his “friends and... […]Jake Tapper
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'
- Video: Obama on "gunwalking" - "Serious mistakes" may have been made 'September 10, 2012 7:26 pm'Responding to operation "Fast and Furious," President Obama told Univision's Jorge Ramos, "serious mistakes" may have been made. Recently CBS News broke this story of the ATF letting guns into Mexico, which have wound up in the hands of drug cartels. […]
- Video: ATF agents face "gunwalking" blame, danger in Mexico 'September 10, 2012 7:26 pm'Former attache for ATF in Mexico City Darren Gil told CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson that ATF agents in Mexico face blame and danger as a result of the agency's "Fast and Furious" program. […]
- Murdered U.S. agent's family wants answers 'November 7, 2011 1:28 pm'Gunwalking: Parents of ICE Special Agent Jaime Zapata want to know if weapon that killed their son was tracked by U.S. […]
- Gunwalker scandal called "perfect storm of idiocy" 'July 26, 2011 1:59 pm'Congressional investigators say agency charged with preventing weapons from falling into hands of drug cartels instead facilitated it […]
- Untitled 'March 8, 2011 9:14 pm'[…]
- Video: Obama on "gunwalking" - "Serious mistakes" may have been made 'September 10, 2012 7:26 pm'
- Obama Staff Lost Sense of Balance Over Leaks Obsession 'May 24, 2013 7:06 pm'[…]
- Some Very Good News for ObamaCare 'May 24, 2013 7:04 pm'Klein & Soltas, Washington PostObamacare got some very good news on Thursday.In 2009, the Congressional Budget Office predicted that a medium-level "silver" plan "” which covers 70 percent of a beneficiary's expected health costs "” on the California health exchange would cost $5,200 annually. More recently, a report […]
- Real Immigration Reform Requires Free Markets 'May 24, 2013 7:02 pm'Ross Kaminsky, TASOnly in the United States Congress could a legislative provision entitled “Market-Based H-1B Visa Limits” actually mean that “the number of visas calculated under subparagraph (A) for any fiscal year shall not be less than 110,000 or more than 180,000.”If you read even a few pages of the so-called Gang of Eight immig […]
- A Mission on Climate Change 'May 24, 2013 7:00 pm'Eugene Robinson, Washington PostWASHINGTON -- President Obama should spend his remaining years in office making the United States part of the solution to climate change, not part of the problem. If Congress sticks to its policy of obstruction and willful ignorance, Obama should use his executive powers to the fullest extent. We are out of time.With each brea […]
- Japan's Recovery Model 'May 24, 2013 6:58 pm'Paul Krugman, New York TimesThese days we are, in economic terms, all Japanese "” which is why the ongoing economic experiment in the country that started it all is so important, not just for Japan, but for the world.In a sense, the really remarkable thing about "Abenomics" "” the sharp turn toward monetary and fiscal stimulu […]
- Obama Staff Lost Sense of Balance Over Leaks Obsession 'May 24, 2013 7:06 pm'
- Cities Will Collapse Even Sooner Than We Fear 'May 24, 2013 4:27 pm'In known ‘hot spots’ in larger cities, the violence will start at once, and as soon as the violent offenders realize that the police response is inadequate (or totally missing) it will skyrocket in scope and extent... […]Contributing Author
- IT’S AIRBORNE: Human Transmission of Deadly H7N9 Virus Now Confirmed 'May 24, 2013 3:35 am'One of the most lethal influenza strains ever... […]Mac Slavo
- There Is Now a 100% Chance of a Market Collapse 'May 23, 2013 7:30 pm'This is going to wipe out a huge amount of capital… and believe me… it's 100% guaranteed to happen. […]Contributing Author
- NBC News: “Stock Up On Canned Goods” 'May 23, 2013 4:40 pm'"Circle May 31st on the calendar just to be on the safe side..." […]Mac Slavo
- Is America’s Economy Being Sovietized? 'May 22, 2013 10:49 pm'In the end, the Soviet economy was so utterly fraudulent that the final breakdown of the system came as a complete surprise to many in political and economic fields of the era. This is what happens when governments control all source data for financial statistics; transparency dies and collapse creeps in. […]Contributing Author
- Cities Will Collapse Even Sooner Than We Fear 'May 24, 2013 4:27 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)