What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- BDS, Trade, and Congress 'October 8, 2015 5:00 am'Congress has drawn a clear line against BDS attempts to undercut Israel. But how to assure that the Obama administration doesn't cross it? […]
- Putin's Holy War vs. Obama's Jihad in Syria 'October 8, 2015 5:00 am'What the United States and its Western allies have wrought in the Middle East is as unholy as Russia’s resolve to fight it is holy. […]
- What Really Drives Obama's Destructive Mideast Policy? 'October 8, 2015 5:00 am'No, he’s not a secret Muslim, and it is not sheer incompetence that drives his Middle East agenda. The truth is perhaps a bit more nuanced, so let me suggest a different theory. […]
- A Short History of Leftist Violence 'October 8, 2015 5:00 am'It's a dangerous mistake to associate violence and genocidal Leftism exclusively with Stalinism, Maoism, and the Khmer Rouge. […]
- Hillary vs. the 2nd Amendment 'October 8, 2015 5:00 am'The extremists are those who would delete the Second Amendment as if it were one of Hillary’s emails. […]
- BDS, Trade, and Congress 'October 8, 2015 5:00 am'
- Dan Rather Confesses 'A Lot of Flaws,' But Not on Rathergate 'October 8, 2015 11:14 am'The forthcoming Rather-phony-documents movie – shamelessly titled Truth – is the latest occasion for Rather to claim (to The Hollywood Reporter) "We reported a true story....There wasn't any doubt then, and there is no doubt in any reasonable person's mind now, the story was true." Rather does sound more like a wounded dog than usual afte […]Tim Graham
- Surprise: Judy Woodruff Pushes Hillary on E-Mails, Russia, Allies Attacking Biden, Sanders 'October 8, 2015 7:11 am'Embattled 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton sat down for her latest interview on Wednesday and surprisingly, the liberal media’s questioner in Judy Woodruff of the PBS NewsHour (and Clinton Foundation donor) came prepared and hit Clinton on issues ranging from her e-mail scandal to the administration’s misjudgment of Russia’s global thre […]Curtis Houck
- Networks Ignore Biden Arguing GOP Is ‘Beating’ Up Hispanics; Again Hype Carson’s Comments 'October 8, 2015 3:12 am'The major broadcast networks of ABC, CBS, and NBC all omitted from their Wednesday evening newscasts the latest noteworthy comment from Vice President Joe Biden that the Republican Party is “beating” up Hispanics but instead continued harping on Ben Carson’s response to how he’d react if he came face-to-face with a mass shooter. […]Curtis Houck
- MRC's Brent Bozell Marvels at Network Coverage of the Democrat Candidates 'October 8, 2015 2:59 am'MRC president Brent Bozell was interviewed Wednesday on the Fox Business program Varney & Co. about the MRC’s latest numbers on network evening news coverage of the Democratic presidential race. Hillary Clinton has dominated with 80 percent of the coverage, but a majority of it has dealt with her scandals, as Bozell explained. Bernie Sanders has a much s […]Tim Graham
- Update: ESPN's Ratings Down 9 Percent in Prime Time in Third Quarter 'October 8, 2015 2:42 am'In a September 23 post ("Impending Layoffs at ESPN Aren't Only About the 'Media Landscape'"), I argued that ESPN's impending decision to lay off hundreds of employees is at least partially due to its determination to stuff political correctness down viewers' throats. I noted that the network's ratings suffered a nearly […]Tom Blumer
- Dan Rather Confesses 'A Lot of Flaws,' But Not on Rathergate 'October 8, 2015 11:14 am'
- Netanyahu bars ministers from visiting Jerusalem holy site 'October 8, 2015 10:56 am'JERUSALEM (AP) — An Israeli government official says Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has barred all Cabinet ministers and Jewish lawmakers from visiting a sensitive Jerusalem holy site. […]Associated Press
- The Latest: Coast Guard: Missing US-based cargo ship sank 'October 8, 2015 10:56 am'JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The latest on the search for a U.S. cargo ship carrying 33 people that has been missing since it encountered high winds and heavy seas from Hurricane Joaquin. All times local: […]Associated Press
- Presidents Cup Capsules 'October 8, 2015 10:56 am'INCHEON, South Korea (AP) — Capsules of the matches Thursday at the Presidents Cup: […]Associated Press
- FIFA also bans VP Chung Mong-joon for 6 years, secretary general Jerome Valcke for 90 days 'October 8, 2015 10:56 am'ZURICH (AP) — FIFA also bans VP Chung Mong-joon for 6 years, secretary general Jerome Valcke for 90 days. […]Associated Press
- FIFA suspends Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini for 90 days 'October 8, 2015 10:56 am'ZURICH (AP) — FIFA has provisionally banned President Sepp Blatter and UEFA President Michel Platini for 90 days in the wake of a Swiss criminal investigation. […]Associated Press
- Netanyahu bars ministers from visiting Jerusalem holy site 'October 8, 2015 10:56 am'
- Svetlana Alexievich of Belarus Wins Nobel Literature Prize 'October 8, 2015 11:23 am'Belarusian writer Svetlana Alexievich wins Nobel literature prize for depictions of suffering […]
- Police Seek Suspect After Stolen Car Crashes at Fort Meade 'October 8, 2015 11:23 am'Police searching Fort Meade area after suspect crashes stolen car at gate, flees onto base […]
- The Latest: Nobel Secretary Praises Alexievich as Brilliant 'October 8, 2015 11:22 am'The Latest: Swedish Academy secretary praises Nobel laureate for mapping the Soviet soul […]
- Police: Rebels Kill Top Counterinsurgency Officer in Kashmir 'October 8, 2015 11:21 am'Rebels gun down top counterinsurgency officer in Indian-ruled Kashmir, police chief says […]
- Holiday Sales Seen Rising 3.7 Percent, Slower Than Last Year 'October 8, 2015 11:20 am'National Retail Federation: Holiday sales to rise 3.7 percent, marking a slowdown from 2014 […]
- Svetlana Alexievich of Belarus Wins Nobel Literature Prize 'October 8, 2015 11:23 am'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- This Is What Escalation Looks Like 'October 8, 2015 11:20 am'Michael Auslin, Wall Street Journal […]
- Clinton Just Changed the Debate on Trade 'October 8, 2015 11:19 am'George Zornick, The Nation […]
- Marco Rubio Gets His Vetting 'October 8, 2015 11:17 am'Caitlin Huey-Burns, RealClearPoliticsMarco RubioÂs days of flying under the radar are over. The Florida senator now finds himself in the national spotlight thanks to a combination of a two standout debate performances, a subsequent rise in his poll numbers, and the flameouts and missteps of some of his key Republican presidential rivals. While most campaign […]
- Trump's Love Affair w/Taking Your Land 'October 8, 2015 11:04 am'Andrew Kirell, The Daily Beast […]
- Hillary Shows How Dumb She Thinks We Are 'October 8, 2015 11:02 am'Ben Domenech, Daily Beast […]
- This Is What Escalation Looks Like 'October 8, 2015 11:20 am'
- Mayor Searched, Stripped of Electronics: “Being US Citizen Did Not Entitle Me to Rights That I Probably Thought” 'October 7, 2015 9:30 pm'Mayor Silva was forced to hand over his electronics and passwords. "As I was being searched, I briefly had to remind myself... this is the land of the free." […]Contributing Author
- The Push For Full Disarmament of America Has Begun: “Outright Gun Ban and Mass Confiscation Once and For All” 'October 7, 2015 6:27 pm'They want to make it a felony to posses any handgun or “assault” rifle. […]Contributing Author
- America to Collapse As Dollar Dies: “You Cannot Stop What Is Coming… 25 to 50 Million Dead in 90 Days” 'October 7, 2015 3:10 pm'The power grid, grocery store and government assistance checks that huge portions of the country depend upon will simply not be there. The result is pure chaos. […]Mac Slavo
- Owned: How Student Loan Debt Is “Producing a Perpetual Serf Class” 'October 7, 2015 1:00 pm'Many of our citizens are not only carrying heavy debts, they’re laying the groundwork for having indebted children as well. […]Contributing Author
- MATT DRUDGE UNLEASHED: Rare Interview: “I’m A Free Thinker. I’m An American. I’m Very Concerned…” 'October 7, 2015 4:29 am'I have remained completely independent from all of them. I am not influenced by any of them. […]Mac Slavo
- Mayor Searched, Stripped of Electronics: “Being US Citizen Did Not Entitle Me to Rights That I Probably Thought” 'October 7, 2015 9:30 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)