What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Playing Politics with Our Security 'March 7, 2014 6:00 am'What are Hagel and Obama buying with their massive defense cuts? A world of trouble. […]
- Obama and the Napoleon-Nixon Gene 'March 7, 2014 6:00 am'While both Obama and Nixon abused the power inherent in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), at least Nixon kept his ‘enemies list’ short, and prosecutors out of the mix. […]
- McCain, Manafort, and The Ukraine 'March 7, 2014 6:00 am'Both McCain and Romney are connected to the crony campaign insiders at the heart of perhaps the biggest international crisis to hit the 21st century to date. […]
- The Lamp of Experience: Constitutional Amendments Work 'March 7, 2014 6:00 am'Opponents of a Convention of States long argued that there was an unacceptable risk a convention might do too much. Now they increasingly argue that amendments cannot do enough. Opponents will soon find their new position even less defensible than the old. […]
- Vulgar Amateurs at the State Department 'March 7, 2014 6:00 am'The United States, the European Union, and NATO are playing kingmaker again, this time in the Ukraine where the stakes could be nuclear. […]
- Playing Politics with Our Security 'March 7, 2014 6:00 am'
- NewsBusted: What MSNBC's Ronan Farrow, Barack Obama Have in Common 'March 8, 2014 3:28 am'"Ronan Farrow received a Cronkite broadcasting award after only three days on the air at MSNBC. When reached for comment, Nobel Peace Prize-winner Barack Obama said: 'I hate when people get awards they're not qualified for.'" Besides ol' Blue Eyes Jr., NewsBusted's Jodi Miller rips on Hillary Clinton, director Spike Lee, a […]NB Staff
- NBC Hypes Spat Between McCain and 'One of the Tea Party's Most Provocative Figures' 'March 8, 2014 3:04 am'Friday's NBC Nightly News played up the latest dust-up between Senators John McCain and Ted Cruz over the latter's criticism of three of the Republican Party's presidential candidates, including Bob Dole. Brian Williams underlined the apparent "genuine and palpable tension today in Washington," after Senator Cruz criticized Dole, McC […]Matthew Balan
- ThinkProgress Blogger: White House Pressured Us to Stop Whacking Obama on Afghanistan 'March 8, 2014 2:48 am'Former ThinkProgress blogger Zaid Jilani has written that during his time at the Center for American Progress blog, senior staff of the Center were "berated" for being too critical of President Obama on the war in Afghanistan. He compared the pressure to shut up as similar to the Russia Today cable channel. He asserted that phone calls came in t […]Tim Graham
- CNN Laments Medical Marijuana's Illegality: 'Can't A Stroke of the Pen Change This Problem?' 'March 7, 2014 11:45 pm'On Friday's This Hour, CNN's John Berman bemoaned how medical marijuana is still illegal in many jurisdictions, and hinted that executive action needed be taken to fix this situation. After noting that "one of the problems right now is the federal law," Berman asked, "Can't they change this? Can't a stroke of the pen change […]Matthew Balan
- Bill Press Laughably Claims Hateful Liberal Talk Not As Bad As Conservative Rhetoric 'March 7, 2014 10:58 pm'You would think that MSNBC hosts might not want to invite Bill Press on their shows to talk about supposedly inflammatory conservative rhetoric, given Press’s track record of vile left-wing bile. But on Thursday, host Al Sharpton once again invited Press onto PoliticsNation to discuss what the reverend called conservatives’ “ugly, very ugly attacks on the pr […]Paul Bremmer
- NewsBusted: What MSNBC's Ronan Farrow, Barack Obama Have in Common 'March 8, 2014 3:28 am'
- Russia, Ukraine feud over sniper carnage 'March 8, 2014 8:04 am'By MIKE ECKEL […]superadm
- Energy Dept. offers plan for leaking Hanford tank 'March 8, 2014 8:04 am'RICHLAND, Wash. (AP) — The U.S. Department of Energy has given the state of Washington a plan for emptying a leaking nuclear waste storage tank at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation.read more […]superadm
- Pens beat Ducks 3-2 in shootout 'March 8, 2014 7:35 am'By JOE RESNICK […]superadm
- Stern Israeli airport security measures questioned 'March 8, 2014 7:35 am'By JOSEF FEDERMAN […]superadm
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 'March 8, 2014 7:34 am'By EILEEN NG […]superadm
- Russia, Ukraine feud over sniper carnage 'March 8, 2014 8:04 am'
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More 'December 20, 2012 8:20 pm'“We have to have a comprehensive way in which to respond to the mass murder of our children that we saw in Connecticut,” said Vice President Joe Biden today, meeting with the leaders of law enforcement organizations whom he said had been his “friends and... […]Jake Tapper
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- U.S. doctors purchasing unapproved foreign drugs 'July 4, 2012 3:11 am'CBS News' Armen Keteyian reports on American doctors purchasing cancer drugs from overseas that have not had FDA approval […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'
- Five Questions on the SAT Revision 'March 7, 2014 10:09 pm'Emmeline Zhao, RealClearEducationThe College Board made waves Wednesday when it announced the most substantial SAT revisions since 2005. The overhaul marks the organizationÂs response to criticisms of the test and increasing calls for accurate measures of college- and career-readiness. It comes at a time when a set of national K-12 standards with a similar […]
- The Global Elite Are Increasingly Out of Touch 'March 7, 2014 8:28 pm'Robert Kaplan, StratforNationalism is in the air. The scholars may talk about universal values and the need to combat all forms of determinism and essentialism. The media may see the world through the prism of universal human rights. The global elite may meet at Davos and proclaim the ability to engineer a liberal order that can defeat what it sees as primor […]
- Republicans Are Tired of Their Old Guard 'March 7, 2014 8:23 pm'Erick Erickson, RedStateWithout any galvanized or united tea party/conservative opposition pitted against a 12 year, popular incumbent, 40% of Texas Republicans still voted against John Cornyn. Put it to you this way — RedState did not oppose John Cornyn and one of our own front page contributors did work for him on this campaign. And without anyone really c […]
- Tea Party Still Winning GOP Debate 'March 7, 2014 8:22 pm'Todd, Murray & Montanaro, FirstReadWhy the Tea Party is still winning… And why GOP incumbents are going to have to fight tooth and nail to hold on to their jobs… Attitudes about the health-care law are more nuanced than the political debate might suggest… February jobs report is better than expected: 175,000 jobs created last month, unemployment rate tic […]
- Putin Is in No Hurry to Back Off or Back Down 'March 7, 2014 8:07 pm'Simon Tisdall, CNN(CNN) -- All the self-righteous huffing and puffing in Washington over Ukraine jars on European and especially Russian ears after the multiple U.S.-led invasions and interventions in other people's countries of recent years. It's difficult to say what is more astonishing: the double standards exhibited by the White House, or the a […]
- Five Questions on the SAT Revision 'March 7, 2014 10:09 pm'
- Economist Warns of Collapse Risk: “Will Not Allow Life to Continue As We Know It” 'March 7, 2014 9:35 pm'The system is very vulnerable... […]Mac Slavo
- A Run On Ammunition Has Begun: “Russia Has Reportedly Halted All Exports To The US Of Russian Made Ammunition” 'March 6, 2014 7:55 pm'Major U.S. ammo distributors are reporting that they have been completely wiped out of every last round in the past 10 hours... […]Mac Slavo
- Revealed: The Mystery Man Behind Bitcoin: “Not Even His Family Knew” 'March 6, 2014 6:19 pm'What you don't know about him is that he's worked on classified stuff. His life was a complete blank for a while. He'll deny everything. He'll never admit to starting Bitcoin... […]Mac Slavo
- Putin Targets America’s Achilles Heel: “He’s Going to Destroy the Stock Markets” 'March 5, 2014 7:11 pm'When Putin makes this move it's going to crush the U.S. equity markets and take trillions of dollars out of this market and a lot of peoples' pockets. […]Mac Slavo
- Texas Voters Take A Stand: 9 out of 10 Want Obamacare Repealed and Welfare Recipients Drug Tested 'March 5, 2014 6:14 am'There's a reason why Americans all over the country are flocking to Texas in the hopes of finding the American Dream that has been lost in so many other parts of the Union. […]Mac Slavo
- Economist Warns of Collapse Risk: “Will Not Allow Life to Continue As We Know It” 'March 7, 2014 9:35 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)