What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Minimum Wage for Thee, But Not for Me 'September 2, 2015 5:00 am'Rather than letting the business and worker negotiate a mutually fair wage, the know-better government is setting the wage […]
- A Solution to the Migration Crisis 'September 2, 2015 5:00 am'The real “root cause”, the elephant in the room, for illegal immigration to Europe is ignored. […]
- Gun Lives Matter 'September 2, 2015 5:00 am'Many leftists may doubt the existence of a transcendent human soul, but they are certain, if only at an unconscious level, that rather than mere inanimate tools, guns indeed have a life force of their own. […]
- Cheapening, Devaluing, and Diluting Citizenship 'September 2, 2015 5:00 am'What makes a person "American" runs much deeper than legal status or outward appearances […]
- The Tyranny of Consensus 'September 2, 2015 5:00 am'The idea that one can simply use popular poll results and prevailing opinions to define science-by-consensus is not at all new. In 1931, a book was published titled “100 Authors Against Einstein” refuting Albert Einstein’s theories of relativity. […]
- Minimum Wage for Thee, But Not for Me 'September 2, 2015 5:00 am'
- 87% of Donations Made by Largest Spanish-Language Network go to Democrats; Further Prove Network Bias 'September 2, 2015 5:55 pm'Actions speak louder than words. Just like Jorge Ramos is currently losing the argument that he’s a fair journalist, his network’s PAC donations are confirming Univision has the exact same problem. Though Univision Communications, Inc. -- Univision’s PAC -- talks about Latino voters as if it were nonpartisan, 87 percent of its political donations have gone d […]Alatheia Larsen
- CNN’s Paul Begala: Dick Cheney Is a ‘Political Sociopath’ 'September 2, 2015 5:39 pm'During an appearance on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360 on Tuesday night, CNN’s Paul Begala blasted Vice President Dick Cheney for blaming President Obama for the rise of ISIS. The Democratic strategist argued that Cheney’s comments were “a portrait of a political sociopath...I actually went and looked up on the Mayo Clinic website the definition of that disorder […]Jeffrey Meyer
- CNN's Lemon Wonders If Trump Used 'Dog Whistle' With 'Racist Intent' 'September 2, 2015 5:19 pm'On Tuesday's CNN Tonight, Don Lemon wondered if some of Donald Trump's rhetoric had thinly-veiled bigotry in it. Trump indicated that the high turnout at his recent campaign rallies was "a great tribute to what we're all saying. We want to make our country great again." Lemon misquoted his guest in his follow-up question: "You s […]Matthew Balan
- George Stephanopoulos Hammers Trump: Are You a Real Conservative? 'September 2, 2015 4:11 pm'Good Morning America's George Stephanopoulos on Wednesday hammered Donald Trump over whether he was a real conservative. Citing attacks from Jeb Bush, the co-host demanded, "... You heard Jeb Bush yesterday. 'You're not a conservative. You're more Democrat than Republican.' This is all personal. Is he drawing blood?" […]Scott Whitlock
- Slate Blames Manmade Warming for Recently Rising Seas, Even Though It’s Been Happening for Centuries 'September 2, 2015 3:31 pm'The seas are rising and Sandy-like storm surges are going to be a “new normal,” according to Slate. Slate’s Bad Astronomy writer Phil Plait highlighted a NASA study that showed a rise in sea levels since 1992 in his Aug. 31 article. Repeated the fears of many climate alarmists, he blamed that rise on global warming and warned, “[w]e’ll see beaches disappear, […]Julia A. Seymour
- 87% of Donations Made by Largest Spanish-Language Network go to Democrats; Further Prove Network Bias 'September 2, 2015 5:55 pm'
- Murder charge filed against Oklahoma politician's son 'September 2, 2015 5:35 pm'OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Prosecutors filed a first-degree murder charge Monday against a man accused of fatally stabbing his father, Oklahoma Labor Commissioner Mark Costello, during an attack at a fast-food restaurant. […]Associated Press
- Clerk in gay marriage fight once unlikely to wage moral war 'September 2, 2015 5:35 pm'MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — Kim Davis sat in a church pew on a Sunday morning about four years ago, listening as the man in the pulpit preached of forgiveness and God's grace. […]Associated Press
- Man charged in connection with OJ Simpson Heisman theft 'September 2, 2015 5:35 pm'LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles prosecutors have charged a man in connection with the theft of the University of Southern California's copy of O.J. Simpson's Heisman Trophy more than 20 years ago. […]Associated Press
- Obama gets Iran deal win as Senate Dems amass enough votes 'September 2, 2015 5:35 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama secured a landmark foreign policy victory Wednesday as Senate Democrats amassed enough votes to ensure the Iran nuclear deal survives in Congress, despite ferocious opposition from Republicans and the government of Israel. […]Associated Press
- Longtime coach Kirk Ferentz overhauls Hawkeyes 'September 2, 2015 5:35 pm'IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Instead of the new coach many Iowa fans were hoping for, the Hawkeyes has apparently gotten a new Kirk Ferentz. […]Associated Press
- Murder charge filed against Oklahoma politician's son 'September 2, 2015 5:35 pm'
- Sony Says 'Concussion' Wasn't Softened to Placate NFL 'September 2, 2015 5:58 pm'Sony says Will Smith head trauma film 'Concussion' wasn't softened to placate NFL […]
- Judge Enters Not Guilty Plea for Oklahoma Politician's Son 'September 2, 2015 5:58 pm'Judge enters not guilty plea for son of Oklahoma labor commissioner in father's stabbing death […]
- California DOJ to Unveil Website With Law Enforcement Data 'September 2, 2015 5:56 pm'California DOJ to unveil website to provide data on law enforcement interactions with public […]
- US Markets Rebound a Day After Big Plunge 'September 2, 2015 5:55 pm'US stocks rebound a day after plunging on fears about slowing growth in China […]
- Body of Man Missing in Yosemite National Park Found 'September 2, 2015 5:54 pm'Body of man missing for 3 weeks found in Yosemite National Park […]
- Sony Says 'Concussion' Wasn't Softened to Placate NFL 'September 2, 2015 5:58 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Black America's "Gaslight" Nightmare 'September 2, 2015 6:03 pm'Brittney Cooper, Salon […]
- Exposing Black Lives Matter for What It Is 'September 2, 2015 5:53 pm'Katie Pavlich, Townhall […]
- Save the Phony Drama on Iran Vote 'September 2, 2015 5:41 pm'Chris Stirewalt, FOX News […]
- Republicans as the Third Party 'September 2, 2015 4:09 pm'Charles Lane, RCP Changing Lanes […]
- Megyn Kelly's Murrow Moment 'September 2, 2015 4:08 pm'Brent Budowsky, The Hill […]
- Black America's "Gaslight" Nightmare 'September 2, 2015 6:03 pm'
- Number Of “Ultrapoor” Americans Has Doubled Since 1996: “Living on Almost Nothing” 'September 2, 2015 5:40 pm'When the next bubble bursts, it's hard to fathom how these people will survive in the new America. […]Mac Slavo
- Putin Targets US Monetary System: “Aims to Eliminate the US Dollar and the Euro From Trade” 'September 1, 2015 6:14 pm'Make no mistake, should the US dollar every come under attack, and it appears that the opening salvos have already been fired by Russia and China, then life as we have come to know it in America will come to a drastic and near immediate halt. […]Mac Slavo
- China Just Had ANOTHER Massive Chemical Explosion… But Why? 'September 1, 2015 1:00 pm'For the third time this month, the Chinese have witnessed a massive chemical explosion in one of their cities. […]Contributing Author
- Illinois Budget Crisis So Deep It “Pays Lottery Winners In IOUs” 'August 31, 2015 7:49 pm'"The lottery is a state agency like many others... Since the legal authority is not there for the comptroller to disburse payments, those payments are delayed." […]Contributing Author
- CDC Issues Warning: Doctors on Alert for Bubonic Plague: “There is a Heightened Risk… We Don’t Want People To Panic” 'August 31, 2015 5:50 pm'It is unclear why the number of cases in 2015 is higher than usual... […]Contributing Author
- Number Of “Ultrapoor” Americans Has Doubled Since 1996: “Living on Almost Nothing” 'September 2, 2015 5:40 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)