What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- The History of the Decline and Fall of the Republican Party 'May 26, 2016 5:00 am'No party can abuse its voters by showing so much fecklessness and violating so many of its principles as the GOP has done over the past decade, and still expect its members to remain faithful. […]
- Solar Energy's Real Problem 'May 26, 2016 5:00 am'When your solar energy plant catches fire, that's a big problem. But it's not the biggest one. […]
- The 2016 Non-campaign Issue: Conflict with China 'May 26, 2016 5:00 am'The Chinese want to be the undisputed masters of Asia, similar to the early and mid 20th Century Japanese with their “Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.” […]
- The True Story of a Conservative Refugee 'May 26, 2016 5:00 am'Enough years of torture had passed. It was time for the rare conservative college professor to choose between tenure and happiness. […]
- Barack’s Vietnam Tour 'May 26, 2016 5:00 am'It is truly a new era, with our President of Fundamental Transformation lifting embargos on old communist enemies from the Western Hemisphere to Southeast Asia. […]
- The History of the Decline and Fall of the Republican Party 'May 26, 2016 5:00 am'
- Amanda Marcotte: Facebook the Latest Victim of ‘Scam’ That Facilitates Spread of ‘Conservative Lies’ 'May 26, 2016 10:05 pm'Conservatives who accuse media outlets of liberal bias are a lot like shakedown artists, suggested Salon’s Marcotte in a Tuesday piece. In this context, the targets of the allegations don’t pay protection money; instead, they “bend…over backwards to placate” right-wingers, thereby “injecting conservative bias into the process as journalists, afraid of seemin […]Tom Johnson
- Huffington Post Business Praises Hillary, to Bash Corporations Over ‘Diversity’ 'May 26, 2016 8:59 pm'Huffington Post Business seized the opportunity to bash companies in an article about Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and diversity. Huffington Post Executive Editor for Business and Technology Emily Peck’s May 24 story focused on Clinton’s decision to appoint Bernard Coleman as her “chief diversity officer” last year. But rather than simpl […]Mira Ebersole
- Sports Media: Dictionary More Correct Than Native Americans on Definition of ‘Redskin’ 'May 26, 2016 8:59 pm'The hurt is still quite strong within the sports media, in the wake of the Washington Post poll declaring that 9 out of 10 Native Americans are not offended by the word “Redskin.” This particular episode of sour grapes comes from NBC’s Pro Football Talk, headed-up by Mike Florio, who was one of the first members of the sports media to stop using the word “Re […]Dylan Gwinn
- Chris Matthews: Elizabeth Warren Has ‘Her Fans in the Press’ If She Debates Trump 'May 26, 2016 8:53 pm'Reacting to Donald Trump’s extensive Thursday afternoon press conference in North Dakota, MSNBC’s Hardball host Chris Matthews let slip that Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren enjoy friendly coverage from their buddies in the liberal media and especially if they debate Trump for charity. […]Curtis Houck
- Katie Couric’s Career of Attacking Gun Rights 'May 26, 2016 8:23 pm'From pressing then Colorado Governor Bill Owens, just one day after the Columbine massacre, about the “accessibility of guns” to asking GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan about President Obama’s January gun control speech “What did you think when the President cried?...Were you affected by it?” Katie Couric has consistently pushed for gun control in her posts at NB […]Geoffrey Dickens
- Amanda Marcotte: Facebook the Latest Victim of ‘Scam’ That Facilitates Spread of ‘Conservative Lies’ 'May 26, 2016 10:05 pm'
- Jury sides with Google in closely watched copyright case 'May 26, 2016 8:45 pm'SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A federal jury has sided with Google in a long-running legal battle with tech industry rival Oracle in a complex copyright case that was closely watched in Silicon Valley. […]Associated Press
- US senator testifies at congressman's corruption trial 'May 26, 2016 8:45 pm'PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Democratic U.S. Sen. Bob Casey testified for the prosecution Thursday in the trial of a congressman accused of trying to land an ambassadorship for a friend in exchange for a bribe. […]Associated Press
- The Latest: 'Shield' actor said he only wanted to wound wife 'May 26, 2016 8:30 pm'LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Latest on the murder trial of Michael Jace, who played a police officer on the television series "The Shield" (all times local): […]Associated Press
- Signet and NetApp drop while Dollar Tree and US Foods climb 'May 26, 2016 8:30 pm'NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday: […]Associated Press
- Penske the standard of excellence at Indy after 50 years 'May 26, 2016 8:30 pm'INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — It was 1951 when Jay Penske scored a pair of tickets to the Indianapolis 500. He was an executive for a metal fabrication company in Cleveland that was sponsoring a few laps in the race, so he brought his 14-year-old son to Indianapolis Motor Speedway. […]Associated Press
- Jury sides with Google in closely watched copyright case 'May 26, 2016 8:45 pm'
- Driver Speeding Down Sidewalk Sends Pedestrians Scattering 'May 27, 2016 12:37 pm'Authorities say a driver trying to make a getaway sped down a busy Brooklyn sidewalk, hitting a 9-year-old boy […]
- Baylor Looks to Rebuild After Report on Sex Assaults 'May 27, 2016 12:35 pm'Baylor University will look to rebuild its reputation and perhaps its football program after an outside review found administrators mishandled allegations of sexual assault and the team operated under the perception it was above the rules […]
- US Economy Grew at 0.8 Percent Rate in First Quarter 'May 27, 2016 12:34 pm'US economy grew at revised 0.8 percent rate in Q1, with less drag from trade and investment […]
- French Protesters Disrupt Airport; Gas Shortages Ease 'May 27, 2016 12:33 pm'Union activists have disrupted the Marseille airport and halted activity at half the country's oil refineries in protests over changes to France's labor system, but nationwide gasoline shortages eased slightly after government intervention […]
- US Economy Grew at Revised 0.8 Percent Rate in Q1, With Less Drag From Trade and Investment 'May 27, 2016 12:32 pm'US economy grew at revised 0.8 percent rate in Q1, with less drag from trade and investment […]
- Driver Speeding Down Sidewalk Sends Pedestrians Scattering 'May 27, 2016 12:37 pm'
- Lead poisoning victims possibly targeted to sign over settlement funds 'April 21, 2016 1:29 am'Lead poisoning victim Crystal Linton says she didn't understand what she was doing when she signed over her settlement money to a finance company; CBS News spoke to two dozen others in similar situations […]
- West Virginia doctor investigated for deaths in opioid epidemic 'April 14, 2016 1:45 am'Dr. Michael Kostenko has written more than 40,000 prescriptions for oxycodone in the last two years -- 3 of his patients have died […]
- Ex-Wounded Warrior employee on execs' firing: "It feels good" 'March 12, 2016 3:02 am'Critics of the Wounded Warrior Project -- including a former employee, a top donor, and the founders -- are speaking out about the firing of the CEO and COO […]
- Wounded Warrior Project execs fired 'March 11, 2016 3:28 am'The CEO and COO of America's largest veterans' charity canned following CBS News investigation into lavish spending practices […]
- Top Wounded Warrior donor calls for CEO's resignation 'March 4, 2016 4:19 am'After a CBS News investigation found just over half of donations to the Wounded Warrior Project go to helping wounded vets, donors are calling for major changes […]
- Lead poisoning victims possibly targeted to sign over settlement funds 'April 21, 2016 1:29 am'
- In 1996, a Preview of Trump's Made-for-TV Convention 'May 27, 2016 2:49 am'Rebecca Berg, RCP […]
- Why You Should Be Impressed by Trump's Win 'May 27, 2016 2:39 am'W. James Antle III, Washington ExaminerYou may not like Trump, but you do have to admit he has some natural political talent. […]
- Why Clinton Benefits From a Genuine Convention Debate 'May 27, 2016 2:39 am'Joan Walsh, The NationAs general-election polls show a worrisome tightening of the likely race between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, the Clinton team is beset by more adviceÃ¢??good, bad, and concern-trollishÃ¢??than at any other time in this campaign. […]
- Democratic Unity Will Be Harder in 2016 Than in 2008 'May 27, 2016 2:39 am'Brian Beutler, The New Republic […]
- Trump Beats Clinton With Sanders 'May 27, 2016 2:38 am'Jonathan Tobin, Commentary […]
- In 1996, a Preview of Trump's Made-for-TV Convention 'May 27, 2016 2:49 am'
- Injustice System: Texas Jail Sued for Locking Up The Poor: “They Can’t Afford Bail or Trial” 'May 26, 2016 9:19 pm'Texas' Harris County Jail is accused of keeping most of its incarcerated population locked up for misdemeanors because they can’t afford bail or trial. […]Contributing Author
- Fed Up With Traffic? Highway “Straddling Bus” Would Carry 1400, Allow Cars to Drive Underneath 'May 26, 2016 8:00 pm'Experts claim it will be drastically less expensive than expanding underground subway tunnels or adding lanes. […]Mac Slavo
- It’s True: Obamacare “Health Insurance Payment Is About To Jump” 'May 26, 2016 6:05 pm'Big health plans stung by losses in the first few years of the U.S. health law’s implementation are seeking hefty premium increases for individual plans. […]Contributing Author
- Watch: This Is What Trump Did When Event Organizers Cut The National Anthem 'May 26, 2016 4:41 pm'Somewhere on her private jet Hillary Clinton is lambasting staffers for not having thought of it first. […]Mac Slavo
- This Survival Capsule Could Insulate You Against Any Disaster: “More Control Than Safe Houses” 'May 26, 2016 3:19 pm'It is water-tight. It is extremely durable. It floats, and it can withstand against the impact of practically any disaster that may cross your path. […]Mac Slavo
- Injustice System: Texas Jail Sued for Locking Up The Poor: “They Can’t Afford Bail or Trial” 'May 26, 2016 9:19 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)