What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Is Obama as naive about Iran as he claims to be? 'May 23, 2015 5:00 am'It can hardly be possible. There's just too much history here. […]
- Pamela Geller and the hijacking of America 'May 23, 2015 5:00 am'Trying to prevent the hijacking of America, Pamela Geller violates the Conditions of Umar […]
- Merchants of Doubt: A Climate Change Dud 'May 23, 2015 5:00 am'Merchants of Doubt does indeed succeed at telling a tale in an attention-keeping way. People who accept its assertions without question say they have all the information they need to justify animosity against cimate skeptics. […]
- No Progress Since the War on Poverty Began Half a Century Ago 'May 23, 2015 5:00 am'What do we have to show for 50 years and $22 trillion? […]
- A Phobiaist's Complaint 'May 23, 2015 5:00 am'I don’t hate blacks, gays, or Muslims, but I do hate it when people use the smoke and mirrors of illogic and linguistic trickery to hide the fact that they have no idea what they are […]
- Is Obama as naive about Iran as he claims to be? 'May 23, 2015 5:00 am'
- NYT's Horowitz: Hillary Should Stop 'Playing the Freak' in 'Carnival Atmosphere' and Continue to Avoid the Press 'May 23, 2015 8:55 pm'Jason Horowitz at the New York Times thinks that Hillary Clinton shouldn't bother dealing with the press. In describing Hillary Clinton's campaign effort in Iowa, Horowitz wondered how, in "a carnival atmosphere," Hillary Clinton "gains politically from playing the freak" by deigning to take questions from the press, thus clearl […]Tom Blumer
- Shock: ABC, CBS Feature Man Stopping Carjacking With His Gun 'May 23, 2015 8:06 pm'In a surprising change of pace, ABC on Friday actually covered an Atlanta man who defended himself with a gun to stop a carjacking. NBC's Today completely ignored the story, despite a four-hour running time. CBS This Morning allowed a scant eight seconds on the story. […]Scott Whitlock
- Good Morning America Host Touts Pro-Life Argument for Adoption 'May 23, 2015 6:05 pm'On Sunday’s Good Morning America, following a story about two long-lost sisters meeting each other for the first time while attending Columbia University, co-host Paula Faris wound up summarizing pro-life beliefs: “I love that the mom – she’s met one of the daughters – but she said, ‘I'm glad that I chose to give them a chance at life,’ too. Because she […]Kyle Drennen
- Vox’s Ezra Klein: Obamacare Is Largely Successful, and Voters Will ‘Eventually Punish’ Its Opponents 'May 23, 2015 5:55 pm'“The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on.” That proverb sums up Vox editor-in-chief Ezra Klein’s Friday analysis of the policy and politics of Obamacare. In this metaphor, the dogs are ideologues on both sides who, heedless of evidence, have been barking (and snarling and growling) at each other about the Affordable Care Act. As Klein noted, “Social scientis […]Tom Johnson
- Bedazzled NYT Reporter Wonders if Hillary Can Capture Fashionista Support 'May 23, 2015 4:26 pm'Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking? ---Derek Zoolander. It sounds like a script from the "Zoolander" movie but it is the hilariously too real report from Jason Horowitz in the very appropriate Fashion & Style section of the New York Times. Horowitz, who often sounds like […]P.J. Gladnick
- NYT's Horowitz: Hillary Should Stop 'Playing the Freak' in 'Carnival Atmosphere' and Continue to Avoid the Press 'May 23, 2015 8:55 pm'
- Cavs' Irving tests knee with brace, questionable for Game 3 'May 23, 2015 9:15 pm'INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — Cavaliers All-Star guard Kyrie Irving played one-on-one while wearing a brace on his left knee, but remains questionable for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals. […]Associated Press
- The Latest in Cleveland: Court explains Saturday timing 'May 23, 2015 9:15 pm'4:35 p.m. […]Associated Press
- Clock ticks but fortune smiles for Federer at French Open 'May 23, 2015 9:15 pm'PARIS (AP) — There are two distinct sounds when Roger Federer graces the courts of Roland Garros. One is the pop of backhands and forehands kicking up puffs of red clay. The other, getting ever louder, is the scratchy tick of life's clock. […]Associated Press
- B.B. King memorial more cheers than tears in Las Vegas 'May 23, 2015 9:06 pm'LAS VEGAS (AP) — B.B. King drew a 45-second standing ovation amid reflections and remembrances about his life and legacy at a memorial for more than 350 family and friends in Las Vegas. […]Associated Press
- Syrian official: Islamic State militants in Palmyra's museum 'May 23, 2015 9:06 pm'DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) — Islamic State fighters broke into the museum of Palmyra, though a Syrian official said its artifacts have been removed and are safe while the U.S.-led coalition conducted airstrikes on the group's installations near the captured ancient town — the first such reported attack. […]Associated Press
- Cavs' Irving tests knee with brace, questionable for Game 3 'May 23, 2015 9:15 pm'
- Nigerian Troops Kill Extremists as Militants Slay Villagers 'May 23, 2015 9:13 pm'Nigerian troops report killing scores of extremists as Boko Haram slits throats of villagers […]
- 2 People Chained to Shell Ship North of Seattle 'May 23, 2015 9:11 pm'Coast Guard has no plans to remove woman, man chained to Shell oil-drilling support ship […]
- Salvadorans Rejoice as Slain Archbishop Romero Beatified 'May 23, 2015 9:09 pm'Huge crowds rejoice as Salvadoran Archbishop Oscar Romero, slain in 1980, beatified by church […]
- At Least 4 Injured at Amphitheater Campground in Washington 'May 23, 2015 9:07 pm'At least 4 injured at Gorge Amphitheater campground after driver hits pedestrians, tents […]
- For 2nd Year, Mormon LGBT Group's Bid to Join Parades Denied 'May 23, 2015 9:06 pm'Organizers of 2 of Utah's most popular parades reject Mormon LGBT group's bid to take part […]
- Nigerian Troops Kill Extremists as Militants Slay Villagers 'May 23, 2015 9:13 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- What to Make of a Topsy-Turvy Bond Market 'May 23, 2015 1:57 pm'Neil Irwin, New York Times […]
- WH Needs to Acknowledge Some New Realities 'May 23, 2015 1:54 pm'Ed Rogers, Wash Post […]
- The Real Democratic Primary 'May 23, 2015 1:37 pm'Suzy Khimm, The New Republic […]
- Conservative Ideology Killing Ex-Im & Jobs 'May 23, 2015 1:30 pm'Joe Nocera, New York Times […]
- End Ex-Im, Government's Enron 'May 23, 2015 1:25 pm'Rep. Flores & Sen. Lee, DC Examiner […]
- What to Make of a Topsy-Turvy Bond Market 'May 23, 2015 1:57 pm'
- Are You On the Jade Helm Red List and Will You Know When It’s Time to Run? 'May 23, 2015 6:56 pm'There are some universal principles that will be applied when key people are hunted down when the NSA/DHS decides that your Threat Matrix Score is too high and you must be extracted from society... […]Contributing Author
- ObamaFail: Affordable Insurance Rates Set To Skyrocket 50%… Again 'May 22, 2015 4:36 pm'Remember when the American people were told that insurance would be free for the poor and affordable for the middle class? […]Mac Slavo
- Is Martial Law Justified If ISIS Attacks? 'May 22, 2015 5:05 am'The threat of ISIS does not frighten me. It concerns me, but what truly disturbs me is the likely government response if such predictions by alphabet agencies come to pass. […]Contributing Author
- “Threat of 3rd World War Real” – Billionaire Soros Warns Currency War With China Could Go Hot 'May 21, 2015 11:27 pm'Soros warned that, “there is a real danger that China will align itself with Russia politically and militarily, and then the threat of third world war becomes real" […]Contributing Author
- Unprecedented Mass Die Offs as Pacific Ocean “Turning Into a Desert” Off California Coast 'May 21, 2015 6:25 pm'"These animals are coming in really desperate. They're at the end of life. They're in a crisis ... and not all animals are going to make it." […]Mac Slavo
- Are You On the Jade Helm Red List and Will You Know When It’s Time to Run? 'May 23, 2015 6:56 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)