What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Who the Democrats Really Are 'December 12, 2013 6:04 am'One big fat lie. […]
- Why Obamacare Is Off the Rails 'December 12, 2013 6:04 am'The massive ObamaCare failure now apparent was entirely predictable, and lamentably, quite preventable. […]
- The Decline and Fall of American Deterrence 'December 12, 2013 6:03 am'All too soon, the United States will have the fewest naval vessels at sea since before World War I, the smallest Air Force ever, and an Army and Marine Corps with severely diminished capacity, while strategic flash points proliferate. […]
- Charity by Force: Jesus vs. Marx 'December 12, 2013 6:03 am'Liberals have consistently abused Christian teaching to attack free enterprise and spread socialism. Evangelii Gaudium is only their latest opportunity. […]
- The Nuclear Option: Misplaced Conservative Outrage 'December 12, 2013 6:03 am'Those who think the filibuster was all that stood between us and tyranny need to think again, and fast. […]
- Who the Democrats Really Are 'December 12, 2013 6:04 am'
- The Newest Left-wing Lie: Megyn Kelly Is a Racist Who Believes In Santa 'December 12, 2013 11:24 pm'Liberals often love to say that conservatives cannot take a joke but the truth is that both left and right sometimes are lacking in the humor department. That’s especially true of the cottage industry that’s sprung up devoted to finding any tiny little thing to bash Fox News, one of the handful of national media outlets that don’t lean left. The very existen […]Matthew Sheffield
- Obama's 'If You Like Your Plan You Can Keep It' Promise Named 'Lie of the Year' 'December 12, 2013 11:15 pm'Conservatives across the fruited plain are likely going to be shocked by this - and liberals extremely angered! - but the fact-checking website PolitiFact on Thursday named President Obama's "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it" promise the Lie of the Year. Such was announced on CNN's The Lead (video follows with transcribe […]Noel Sheppard
- Jake Tapper Gets Chummy With Pelosi; Gets Her to Bash 'Unruly' Tea Party Republicans 'December 12, 2013 11:07 pm'Jake Tapper's Thursday interview with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi started off chummy and didn't really get tough until near the end. Tapper teed her up to criticize Tea Party Republicans and critique John Boehner's Speakership on CNN's The Lead. "Speaker Boehner has an unruly group of Tea Party Republicans," Tapper noted […]Matt Hadro
- NBC Applauds Budget Deal Ending 'Harshest Spending Cuts'; Bemoans 'Crisis' of Not Extending Jobless Benefits 'December 12, 2013 10:18 pm'On Tuesday's Nightly News, after news broke of a budget deal in Congress, Capitol Hill correspondent Kelly O'Donnell announced: "...the usual Washington dysfunction is on hold tonight." She touted the agreement to anchor Brian Willams by noting: "It would also roll back some of the harshest automatic spending cuts, the sequester for […]Kyle Drennen
- Morning Joe Panelists Praise Boehner For Anti-Conservative Outburst 'December 12, 2013 10:06 pm'House Speaker John Boehner made himself a hero in the eyes of the liberal Morning Joe panel. All it took was lashing out publicly against conservative organizations which criticized the Ryan-Murray budget deal. Appearing on Thursday’s show, panelist Donny Deutsch was the most effusive about Boehner. He proclaimed: [Video below. MP3 audio here.] read more […]Paul Bremmer
- The Newest Left-wing Lie: Megyn Kelly Is a Racist Who Believes In Santa 'December 12, 2013 11:24 pm'
- Last moments recounted of official killed in crash 'December 12, 2013 11:05 pm'By AUDREY McAVOY HONOLULU (AP) — One person is dead after a small plane with nine people aboard crashed into the water off the Hawaiian island of Molokai (moh-loh-KY'-ee), a Maui County official saidread more […]superadm
- Sentence in Texas teen's fatal DWI wreck stirs ire 'December 12, 2013 11:05 pm'FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — The probation-only sentence for a North Texas teen who was drunk when he lost control of his pickup truck and killed four pedestrians has left the families oread more […]superadm
- Univ. of Texas board keeps Austin campus president 'December 12, 2013 11:05 pm'By PAUL J. WEBER […]superadm
- Feds try to smooth bumpy health care transition 'December 12, 2013 11:05 pm'By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration is strongly encouraging health insurance companies to cut consumers some slack in January when new coverage takes effect under the presidenread more […]superadm
- Antoine among US sliders to watch in Lake Placid 'December 12, 2013 11:05 pm'By TIM REYNOLDS […]superadm
- Last moments recounted of official killed in crash 'December 12, 2013 11:05 pm'
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More 'December 20, 2012 8:20 pm'“We have to have a comprehensive way in which to respond to the mass murder of our children that we saw in Connecticut,” said Vice President Joe Biden today, meeting with the leaders of law enforcement organizations whom he said had been his “friends and... […]Jake Tapper
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- U.S. doctors purchasing unapproved foreign drugs 'July 4, 2012 3:11 am'CBS News' Armen Keteyian reports on American doctors purchasing cancer drugs from overseas that have not had FDA approval […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'
- The Appalling Stance of Rand Paul 'December 12, 2013 8:26 pm'Charles Blow, New York TimesI don’t put much past politicians. I stay prepared for the worst. But occasionally someone says something so insensitive that it catches me flat-footed.Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky, said Sunday on Fox News: “I do support unemployment benefits for the 26 weeks that they’re paid for. If you extend it beyond that, you do […]
- Republican Hypocrisy on Health Care 'December 12, 2013 8:25 pm'Ezra Klein, Washington PostNow that HealthCare.Gov is on a clear path to functionality, Republicans are having to come to terms with the fact that Obamacare will not conveniently collapse before anyone can purchase insurance. If the law is going to fulfill its promise of destroying Barack Obama's presidency and giving Republicans their long-awaited chan […]
- Please Pray for Me... I Am Losing My Insurance 'December 12, 2013 8:24 pm'Jim Hoft, Gateway PunditIn August 2013 I became very sick with what I thought was a cold. After a few days I lost vision in my left eye and I checked into the hospital. I soon found out that what I thought was a summer cold was actually Strep bacteria poisoning my blood stream. The bacteria blinded my left eye, ate a hole through my heart, caused five stroke […]
- Dems Face a Day of Obamacare Reckoning 'December 12, 2013 8:16 pm'Karl Rove, Wall Street JournalWhen he was asked last week how much of a political liability ObamaCare will be for Senate Democrats in the midterms, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told Jeff Gillan of Las Vegas's KSNV, "I think it's going to be good for them." Brave words, but the Affordable Care Act remains very unpopular. And the inten […]
- Republican Dysfunction Is Here to Stay 'December 12, 2013 8:08 pm'Josh Kraushaar, National JournalGlen Bolger, one of the Republican party's leading pollsters, told the Washington Post today that the Republican party needs to stop being the "dysfunctional equivalent of the Washington Redskins."If anything, Bolger was being too generous. The ongoing Republican soap opera between the so-called establishment an […]
- The Appalling Stance of Rand Paul 'December 12, 2013 8:26 pm'
- It Begins: Legislators To Introduce Bill That Would Nullify Obamacare in Georgia 'December 12, 2013 10:18 pm'The bill’s main thrust is to prohibit state agencies, officers and employees of the state from implementing any provisions of the Affordable Care Act... […]Contributing Author
- Report: LA Quake Would Cause “Significant Disruption of Inter-Dependent Infrastructure…Transportation, Gas and Electricity Supplies, Sewage Systems, Water…” 'December 12, 2013 4:53 am'Whether a modern society could operate under such conditions is questionable... […]Mac Slavo
- Are You Ready for Riots? 'December 11, 2013 6:55 pm'We may think we live in a stable society but no country is immune to civil unrest when the right conditions are met. […]Contributing Author
- Scientists Warn of Worst Case Scenario: “Solar Flares… Will Short Circuit Satellites, Power Grids, Ground Communication Equipment” 'December 10, 2013 8:40 pm'The speed of this event was as fast or faster than anything that has been seen in the modern space age... […]Mac Slavo
- Preparing for a Social Collapse is Silly – People Are Too Civilized and Reasonable… 'December 9, 2013 10:22 pm'We’re a modern, civilized nation, not savages... […]Contributing Author
- It Begins: Legislators To Introduce Bill That Would Nullify Obamacare in Georgia 'December 12, 2013 10:18 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)