What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- I've Already Seen a Beheading Video 'August 30, 2014 5:00 am'The ISIS are not the only group that practices beheading. […]
- Islam, Postmodernism, and Poltiical Correctness 'August 30, 2014 5:00 am'The postmodern refusal to define Islam according to objective criteria does not withstand analysis. […]
- Should Businesses Be Concerned about NSA Snooping? 'August 30, 2014 5:00 am'How long will the NSA fiasco continue to ripple across business sectors? […]
- The War with Gaza: Let the Recriminations Begin 'August 30, 2014 5:00 am'To a rogue “government” of terrorists that ruthlessly uses its people as human shields, death and destruction is water off a duck’s back. […]
- The Biggest Issue in 2016 'August 30, 2014 5:00 am'Voters are going to attach the word "Nixonian" to Obama's administration more and more the closer 2016 gets. One particular scandal makes this certain. […]
- I've Already Seen a Beheading Video 'August 30, 2014 5:00 am'
- The Union of Censorious Scientists: Stop Quoting 'Contrarians' 'August 30, 2014 3:39 am'Elliott Negin used to be a foreign news editor for National Public Radio. Now he’s a "director of news and commentary" for the leftist Union for Concerned Scientists, one of the nation’s leading advocates of panic about global warming. In Friday’s Washington Post, Negin wrote a letter to the editor complaining that the news media is confusing the p […]Tim Graham
- 'Liberal Lions' Stewart and Colbert Slammed for Hypocritical Lack of Diversity in Guests 'August 30, 2014 2:29 am'We've all heard the never-ending cry from liberal Democrats that conservative Republicans dodge diversity by favoring white males as hosts and guests on their television programs to the detriment of people in such groups as women and blacks. However, in an article on the Reuters news service, writer Chloe Angyal charges that such “liberal lions” as Jon […]Randy Hall
- Establishment Press Late to Two Stories: Nidal Hasan Wants to Join ISIS, and the ISIS Southern Border Threat 'August 30, 2014 1:53 am'If there is a terrorist attack on U.S. soil by ISIS, we had better hope that Fox News or New Media outlets don't report it first. Because if they do, based on behavior seen in two stories during the past day, Americans who depend on the establishment press to deliver their news won't find out for hours, if not longer. The first story concerns news […]Tom Blumer
- CNN's Berman Hounds Josh Earnest On Obama's 'We Don't Have A Strategy Yet' Remark 'August 29, 2014 9:20 pm'CNN's John Berman pressed White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest on Friday's New Day over President Obama's eyebrow-raising disclosure that "we don't have a strategy yet" to deal with ISIS inside Syria. When Earnest claimed that "we do have a comprehensive strategy for dealing with" ISIS, especially in Iraq, Berman s […]Matthew Balan
- Charles Pierce Brutally Mocks Hillary's Belated Ferguson Shooting Speech 'August 29, 2014 8:34 pm'What's the matter with you, Charles Pierce? Have you no appreciation for how long it takes to craft and poll test a statement on the Ferguson shooting so as not to alienate the Democrat base while not harming your chances in the general election? Next thing I know, you will actually want Hillary Clinton to get her precious hands dirty working to suppor […]P.J. Gladnick
- The Union of Censorious Scientists: Stop Quoting 'Contrarians' 'August 30, 2014 3:39 am'
- California appeals teacher tenure ruling 'August 30, 2014 6:05 am'LOS ANGELES (AP) — California's schools chief will seek an appeal of a court ruling that struck down tenure and other job protections for teachers. Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson says the ruling by a Los Angeles judge isn't supported by facts or the law and says it unfairly blames teachers for flaws in the education system.read […]superadm
- Buster Posey goes 5 for 5 in six innings of work 'August 30, 2014 6:05 am'[…]superadm
- Senate hopeful defends role in Irish firm's merger 'August 30, 2014 6:04 am'By KYLE POTTER […]superadm
- 11 of 24 trapped gold miners rescued in Nicaragua 'August 30, 2014 6:04 am'By LUIS MANUEL GALEANO and ESTEBAN FELIX […]superadm
- Taliban attack intel office in eastern Afghanistan 'August 30, 2014 6:04 am'KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — An official says a suicide bomber targeting an intelligence office in eastern Afghanistan killed at least two people.read more […]superadm
- California appeals teacher tenure ruling 'August 30, 2014 6:05 am'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Could Kansas Swing the Senate? 'August 29, 2014 7:13 pm'Sam Wang, The New YorkerIn national politics, Kansas is considered as Republican as they come: Mitt Romney carried the state in 2012 by twenty-two percentage points, and the last Democratic Presidential candidate to carry Kansas was Lyndon Johnson, in 1964. But this year, the reliability of Sunflower State politics seems to have been upended. With control of […]
- A Republican Senate Majority Will Have Its Limits 'August 29, 2014 7:10 pm'Ed Rogers, Wash PostMy able colleague and Democratic friend Carter Eskew made a valid point this morning in his post, “Why moderates will matter in 2016.” Inside the Beltway, having the majority in the Senate means a lot. The majority party has a bigger footprint, committee chairmanships, better offices, etc. — but a simple majority still doesn’t have enough […]
- Are Stock Prices Headed for a Fall? 'August 29, 2014 6:58 pm'Burton Malkiel, Wall Street JournalThere is a disagreement about the sustainability of current lofty stock market valuations.One camp argues that the market is dangerously overvalued. The so-called CAPE ratio—the price-earnings multiple for the market based on cyclically adjusted earnings averaged over the past 10 years—stands at over 25, well above its long […]
- Defending Obama's Strategy in the Mideast 'August 29, 2014 6:54 pm'Peter Beinart, AtlanticPresident Obama’s critics often claim he doesn’t have a strategy in the greater Middle East. That’s wrong. Like it or loathe it, he does, and he’s beginning to implement it against ISIS. To understand what it is, it’s worth going back seven summers. […]
- Obama: "Fetch Me My Brown Pants!" 'August 29, 2014 6:47 pm'Mollie Hemingway, FederalistEveryone’s making fun of the tan suit President Obama wore in Thursday’s press conference. I can’t lie and say I liked it, of course, but neither do I really care. There was something about the content of his remarks, though, that reminded me of this old World War II joke about the Allies giving the Italians a pounding. […]
- Could Kansas Swing the Senate? 'August 29, 2014 7:13 pm'
- Strategic Relocation Briefing: “Once You Have These First Three Criteria Met, Then It’s Worth Defending” 'August 30, 2014 12:45 am'Finding the right balance between government regulations, gun ownership, resource availability, geography, proximity to cities and overall safety are all important considerations to make. […]Contributing Author
- Wall Street Admits That A Cyberattack Could Crash Our Banking System At Any Time 'August 29, 2014 3:38 pm'It is probably only a matter of time until we experience a technological 9/11. […]Contributing Author
- Massive 60% Stock Market Correction Coming: “Period Of Extreme Turmoil” 'August 28, 2014 7:18 pm'What happens next is anyone's guess, but given the seriousness of the crisis in 2008, we should expect the entire bottom to fall out of not only stock markets, but the economy and the U.S. dollar as well. […]Mac Slavo
- Disarmed: Texas Governor Rick Perry Loses Right To Carry Firearm 'August 28, 2014 6:10 pm'The right to bear arms shall not be infringed? […]Mac Slavo
- The Impending Catastrophe: “It’s Not Difficult To See This Coming” 'August 28, 2014 1:23 am'The majority opinion appears to be that as long as you can get your little piece of the grift, whether it be Medicare, Food Stamps, Section 8 or a rising stock market it's all ok. […]Contributing Author
- Strategic Relocation Briefing: “Once You Have These First Three Criteria Met, Then It’s Worth Defending” 'August 30, 2014 12:45 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)