What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Another Chance for SCOTUS to Get It Right on Affirmative Action 'July 2, 2015 5:00 am'The U.S. Supreme Court announced on Monday June 29 it will revisit the constitutionality of the admissions plan at Texas’s flagship university. This could strike at the heart of affirmative action. […]
- This Just In: America Still Racist 'July 2, 2015 5:00 am'Do you think leftists in other countries are as adamant as ours are about blaming citizens for the sins of their forefathers? […]
- Peak Leftism? Don't Bet on It. 'July 2, 2015 5:00 am'We can’t say that American leftists, unrestrained, wouldn’t be willing to try. […]
- Democrats Exploit Police Powers To Get Rich 'July 2, 2015 5:00 am'Tales of the one percenter Democrat insiders. […]
- Kurdistan: Model for Islamic Reform 'July 2, 2015 5:00 am'Kurdistan has the potential to be the fulcrum of 21st Century Islamic reformation, a model for what a modern Islamic state could or should be. The Kurds are the antithesis of Shia/Sunni supremacists […]
- Another Chance for SCOTUS to Get It Right on Affirmative Action 'July 2, 2015 5:00 am'
- ABC Neglects to Mention Flat Wages, Record Low Labor Participation Rate in June Jobs Report 'July 3, 2015 2:20 am'All three major broadcast networks covered on their Thursday evening newscasts the June 2015 jobs report, but it was ABC’s World News Tonight that neglected provide any further details and/or context beyond the unemployment rate and number of jobs added and omitted how hourly wages remained flat and the labor force participation rate sunk to its lowest level […]Curtis Houck
- New Republic Writer Warns Left That Roberts Court, Obamacare Ruling Aside, ‘Is Still Plenty Conservative’ 'July 3, 2015 1:17 am'In the week since the Supreme Court upheld certain Obamacare subsidies, some on the left, applying the wisdom that “the enemy of my enemy is my friend,” have gratefully praised majority-opinion-writer John Roberts. But now liberals need to put their warm fuzzies for the chief justice behind them and guard against “complacency” regarding the court, advised Br […]Tom Johnson
- Pro-Hillary Begala Brags About Her Being Tagged 'Bolshevik' by Her Husband's Advisors 'July 2, 2015 10:59 pm'As he appeared on Thursday's New Day, liberal CNN political commentator and Hillary Clinton supporter Paul Begala hinted that being called a "Bolshevik" communist is resume enhancement for a Democratic presidential primary as he recalled that, what he referred to as the "very moderate Clinton economic team" from the Bill Clinton admi […]Brad Wilmouth
- Salon Writer Can't Handle Polygamist Who Wants Same Marriage Rights As Gay Community 'July 2, 2015 8:39 pm'It appears the writers over at Salon have an interesting definition of “marriage equality.” Gay marriage proponent and radical feminist Mary Elizabeth Williams showed her true colors on the issue today by claiming “fringe groups”, like those who practice polygamy, should not have access to new freedoms detailed in the recent SCOTUS case which granted gay cou […]Spencer Raley
- Warming Up? MSNBC 'Feels the Bern' of 'Totally Grassroots' Sanders 'July 2, 2015 7:53 pm'MSNBC on Wednesday hyped the possibility of a Bernie Sanders boom. Alex Seitz-Wald, a network reporter who had previously swooned over Hillary Clinton's "Scooby Van," enthused, "This is definitely quite a crowd, Chris. They are chanting, 'feel the Bern' behind me." […]Scott Whitlock
- ABC Neglects to Mention Flat Wages, Record Low Labor Participation Rate in June Jobs Report 'July 3, 2015 2:20 am'
- Cash-strapped UN food agency reduces help to Syrian refugees 'July 3, 2015 3:15 am'CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — The United Nations' food agency is cutting back on assistance to thousands of Syrian refugees after an appeal for a ceasefire to enable Syrians feed themselves went unheeded, World Food Program Executive Director Ertharin Cousin said on Friday. […]Associated Press
- Judge blocks new Florida law that delays abortions 1 day 'July 3, 2015 3:10 am'TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida judge is blocking a new state law that requires women to wait 24 hours before getting an abortion. […]Associated Press
- Lind's RBI single in 11th lifts Brewers over Phillies 8-7 'July 3, 2015 3:10 am'PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Adam Lind hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the 11th inning to help the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Philadelphia Phillies 8-7 on Thursday night to complete a four-game sweep. […]Associated Press
- Obama's counterterrorism policy facing mounting criticism 'July 3, 2015 3:10 am'WASHINGTON (AP) — At the CIA's Counterterrorism Center, it was a cause for celebration: Meticulous intelligence analysis backed by Hellfire missiles had paid off, once again. […]Associated Press
- Mayor: Chicago school cuts include layoffs, less maintenance 'July 3, 2015 3:10 am'CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago school and city officials detailed $200 million in cuts — including layoffs, scaled-back maintenance and reduced transportation — to the nation's third-largest school district Wednesday, one day after the district paid a $634 million pension bill officials said it couldn't afford. […]Associated Press
- Cash-strapped UN food agency reduces help to Syrian refugees 'July 3, 2015 3:15 am'
- China Says 6.5 Quake Hits Far Western Region of Xinjiang 'July 3, 2015 3:23 am'China says 6.5 quake hits far western region of Xinjiang; no immediate reports of casualties […]
- Second-Place Twins Beat AL Central-Leading Royals, 2-0 'July 3, 2015 3:13 am'Kyle Gibson goes 8 sharp innings, pair of RBI triples send Twins to 2-0 victory over Royals […]
- World's Largest Folk Art Market to Open in Santa Fe 'July 3, 2015 3:04 am'Master artisans descend upon Santa Fe to show their crafts at world's largest folk art market […]
- Red Sox Use 8-Run First to Beat Jays 12-6 'July 3, 2015 3:04 am'Ortiz and Ramirez homer as Red Sox use 8-run first to beat Blue Jays 12-6 […]
- Obama's Counterterrorism Policy Facing Mounting Criticism 'July 3, 2015 2:58 am'Obama's 'light footprint' counterterrorism strategy coming under increasing criticism […]
- China Says 6.5 Quake Hits Far Western Region of Xinjiang 'July 3, 2015 3:23 am'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- The Worst Deal in U.S. Diplomatic History 'July 3, 2015 2:15 am'Charles Krauthammer, NRO […]
- Martin O'Malley is Exploiting a Weakness 'July 3, 2015 2:11 am'Rebecca Leber, TNR […]
- Why is Trump Polling So Well? 'July 3, 2015 2:06 am'Lauren Fox, National Journal […]
- Can't Let Go of Joe 'July 3, 2015 2:00 am'Dovere and Debenedetti, Politico […]
- Hillary's Email Story Unravels 'July 3, 2015 1:54 am'Kimberley Strassel, Wall Street Journal […]
- The Worst Deal in U.S. Diplomatic History 'July 3, 2015 2:15 am'
- Desperate Greeks Dumpster Dive for Food As Crisis Means “Americans May Face Severe Food Shortages” Too 'July 2, 2015 8:01 pm'It wouldn't take much for these events to come home to America... and plenty of fuel for a deeper economic crisis is on the way. […]Mac Slavo
- FBI Reveals 11 Attacks Against Internet Lines in California 'July 2, 2015 5:36 pm'No one is sure why someone broke into an underground vault in Sacramento, and cut several high-capacity internet cables. […]Contributing Author
- Man Grabbed, Crushed to Death By Factory Robot: “This is Just the Start… Machines Will Take Over Our Lives” 'July 2, 2015 8:14 am'A deadly accident at a Volkswagen plant in Germany led to an assembly line robot being installed grabbing a man and slamming him against a metal plate. […]Mac Slavo
- This Picture and Video Explain Exactly Why Doomsday Preppers Are Getting Ready For An Imminent Collapse 'July 2, 2015 2:39 am'If you happen to be one of those people laughing at the preppers, think about how funny it will be when you're having to dig through the trash for your next meal, because that is how bad it can get. […]Mac Slavo
- The US Is Woefully Unprepared for a War with Russia 'July 1, 2015 7:22 pm'At this point, it seems like a war between NATO and Russia is practically a foregone conclusion. […]Contributing Author
- Desperate Greeks Dumpster Dive for Food As Crisis Means “Americans May Face Severe Food Shortages” Too 'July 2, 2015 8:01 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)