What was that about moral indignation at the appalling lack of protocol from Brewer to Obama, big guy? Whah? Read NewsBusters delicious bitch-slap here.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Who's Not Wild about Harry? 'April 19, 2014 5:00 am'Harry Reid's mouth is one of the most effective weapons in the GOP arsenal. […]
- Only the Right Kind of Hydroelectricity Need Apply 'April 19, 2014 5:00 am'Rent-seekers in the Massachusetts renewable energy industry are “raising alarms” about abundant, clean hydroelectricity from Quebec. […]
- Cold in July -- a Film Review 'April 19, 2014 5:00 am'A well-acted thriller brings up more questions than it answers. […]
- A Lesson in Liberal/Democratic Party Hypocrisy 'April 19, 2014 5:00 am'Are you saying that these self-proclaimed heroes of women and minorities would actually seek to punish and destroy them? […]
- Britain's Establishment Muslim Organization Defends Pakistan and Iran 'April 19, 2014 5:00 am'UK Muslims whitewash persecution of Christians and other minorities in the Muslim world. […]
- Who's Not Wild about Harry? 'April 19, 2014 5:00 am'
- Gwen Ifill Shames Critic of PBS Bias: Surely, If You Watched, 'Even You' Would Disagree With Yourself 'April 19, 2014 11:53 am'In an online chat on PBS on Thursday, NewsHour and Washington Week anchor Gwen Ifill did the usual song and dance avoiding any admission of liberal tilt. Someone named “Darius” pressed Ifill: “Why does PBS overdo the PC mentality so much? Especially in the face of reporting hard, substantiated news?” She couldn’t possibly agree. He must not be watching regul […]Tim Graham
- ABC's Robin Roberts Discusses Pro-Gay God in People Magazine Cover Story 'April 19, 2014 11:12 am'The current edition of People magazine has ABC Good Morning America co-anchor Robin Roberts on "How Love Saved Me: The Family, Friends & Relationship That Gave Her Strength." It also promised a look "Inside her coming-out journey." People's Sharon Cotliar didn't report on how Barack Obama gave Roberts strength (and "chi […]Tim Graham
- AP Howler: Admin's Good Friday Timing of Latest Keystone Pipeline Delay a 'Surprise' 'April 19, 2014 5:36 am'It either doesn't take much to surprise Josh Lederman and Dana Capiello at the Associated Press, aka the Administration's Press, or they have very short memories. The AP pair described the Obama State Department's Friday afternoon statement (roughly 3:30 p.m., based on the "9 hours ago" result returned in a Google search on the docum […]Tom Blumer
- ABC's Whoopi Goldberg Moonlights as Pot Columnist, Hails States With the 'Foresight' to Approve Medical Marijuana 'April 19, 2014 3:28 am'Whoopi Goldberg is adding another media gig on top of hosting "The View" on ABC: marijuana columnist for the Denver Post pot section. "As I write my debut column for The Cannabist, talking about this newly legal weed and admiring the states that have had the foresight to legalize medical marijuana, I’m most tempted to extol the virtues of the […]Tim Graham
- MSNBC's Sharpton Claims ObamaCare 'Exceeded Expectations,' Sees GOP 'Lies, Fearmongering, and Paranoia' 'April 19, 2014 2:46 am'On the Friday, April 18, PoliticsNation, Al Sharpton hyped President Obama's dubious claims about the Affordable Care Act's alleged success as the MSNBC host asserted that the program has "exceeded expectations," and that Republicans are suffering from a "hangover" in denying its success. Sharpton claimed to see "lies, fear […]Brad Wilmouth
- Gwen Ifill Shames Critic of PBS Bias: Surely, If You Watched, 'Even You' Would Disagree With Yourself 'April 19, 2014 11:53 am'
- Sub search for missing plane to be done in week 'April 19, 2014 7:03 am'[…]superadm
- Search resumes for bodies in Everest avalanche 'April 19, 2014 7:03 am'By BINAJ GURUBACHARYA […]superadm
- Quotations in the News 'April 19, 2014 7:03 am'By The Associated Press "I am sorry to the people of South Korea for causing a disturbance and I bow my head in apology to the families of the victims. I gave instructions on the route, then briefly went to the bedroom when it happened." — Lee Joon-seok, 68, the captain of the ferry that sank off South Korea, leaving more than 300 missing or dead. […]superadm
- Autopsy to ID dead boy; body cast off side of road 'April 19, 2014 7:02 am'[…]superadm
- 4 questions about missing Malaysian plane answered 'April 19, 2014 6:33 am'By The Associated Press […]superadm
- Sub search for missing plane to be done in week 'April 19, 2014 7:03 am'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- U.S. doctors purchasing unapproved foreign drugs 'July 4, 2012 3:11 am'CBS News' Armen Keteyian reports on American doctors purchasing cancer drugs from overseas that have not had FDA approval […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'
- Why Obamacare Will Be Repealed, Replaced 'April 18, 2014 9:54 pm'Jeffrey Anderson, Wkly StdShortly after the Supreme CourtÂs decision on Obamacare, the CBO projected that 9 million people would buy Obamacare-compliant insurance through newly established government-run exchanges. Now, after an enrollment period that his administration expanded by about two monthsÂto more than half a yearÂPresident Obama says that 8 mill […]
- What Atheism Cannot Explain 'April 18, 2014 7:38 pm'Damon Linker, The WeekIn my last column, I examined some of the challenges facing religion today. Those challenges are serious. But that doesn't mean that atheism has the upper hand. On the contrary, as I've argued many times before, atheism in its currently fashionable form is an intellectual sham. As Exhibit 653, I give you Jerry Coyne's lat […]
- Why Are Feminists So Insecure? 'April 18, 2014 7:25 pm'Mollie Hemingway, The FederalistAnother day, another feminist grievance in a major media outlet. The Atlantic features “The Confidence Gap” on its cover, written by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman. Kay is the lead anchor of BBC World News America and Shipman is senior national correspondent for ABC’s Good Morning America. They argue that “evidence” shows women […]
- Deadbeat on the Range 'April 18, 2014 7:20 pm'Timothy Egan, New York TimesImagine a vendor on the National Mall, selling burgers and dogs, who hasn’t paid his rent in 20 years. He refuses to recognize his landlord, the National Park Service, as a legitimate authority. Every court has ruled against him, and fines have piled up. What’s more, the effluents from his food cart are having a detrimental effect […]
- Ending Gun Control Gridlock Will Save Lives 'April 18, 2014 7:19 pm'John Morse, The GuardianFormer New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg this week announced new funding and a new organization to level the political playing field against the gun lobby. The rest of us need to do our part and stand up to stop the madness the gun lobby engenders. […]
- Why Obamacare Will Be Repealed, Replaced 'April 18, 2014 9:54 pm'
- Prelude to Economic Disaster: Billionaire Liquidates All Real Estate Ahead of Crash 'April 18, 2014 5:48 pm'Something is amiss, and the fact that no one in the mainstream, which is where tens of millions of Americans get their "facts," is really talking about it should be a blaring alarm. […]Mac Slavo
- Harry Reid Calls Cliven Bundy Supporters “Domestic Terrorists” 'April 18, 2014 2:21 am'“I repeat: what happened there was domestic terrorism” […]Contributing Author
- Liberty Movement Rising: “The Fight Is Just Beginning” 'April 17, 2014 4:20 pm'The label of “fringe” is a common one used by statists, bureaucrats and paid shills in order to marginalize those who would stand against government corruption. […]Contributing Author
- Report: Research Facility “Loses” Thousands of Tubes Containing Deadly Virus 'April 17, 2014 2:44 am'When dealing with deadly viruses, it is always a good idea to secure your facility, which makes this particular disappearance alarming. […]Mac Slavo
- New Study Confirms: “The United States Is No Democracy… But Actually An Oligarchy” Dominated By The Economic Elite 'April 16, 2014 8:38 pm'Economic elites and organized groups representing business interests maintain "substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy," while average citizens have little or no independent influence. […]Mac Slavo
- Prelude to Economic Disaster: Billionaire Liquidates All Real Estate Ahead of Crash 'April 18, 2014 5:48 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)