One can quibble with his endorsement of Newt Gingrich, and I suspect it’s motivated powerfully by the primal scream Newt brings out in all of us, for good or ill (!), but Representative West ain’t bashful about the true nature of the fight. Wow. Enjoy this clip. It’s from this past weekend, from a speech down in Florida. It’s only 2 1/2 minutes & worth it.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- More Than a Republican 'July 30, 2014 5:00 am'There's another Senate race in Tennessee that deserves some scrutiny. […]
- The Radical Egalitarian Assault on the Big Apple 'July 30, 2014 5:00 am'The plan is simple: kick out hard working Asians, many of whom are below the poverty line, from the city's academically elite high schools, and replace them with blacks and Hispanics […]
- Conservatives Seek Restoration, Not Nostalgia 'July 30, 2014 5:00 am'Conservatives should look back not with pining, grieving nostalgia but with gratitude and a quest for guidance. […]
- Obama's Shameless Supporters 'July 30, 2014 5:00 am'Mr. Obama’s appalling joke-telling immediately after comments on deeply-serious events has disconcerted almost everyone on the right and growing numbers in the liberal media and the left. […]
- Israel Does Not Violate the Laws of War in Gaza 'July 30, 2014 5:00 am'The lestist attack on Israeli "war crimes" is in large part smoke and mirrors. […]
- More Than a Republican 'July 30, 2014 5:00 am'
- NBC Touts Palestinian Teen Praising 'Justified' Hamas Terror Attacks on Israel 'July 30, 2014 2:28 pm'In a report for Wednesday's NBC Today, chief foreign correspondent Richard Engel – who on Monday fretted that Hamas would get "nothing" out of a cease-fire deal with Israel – highlighted a Palestinian teenager celebrating the terror group's attacks: "In Gaza, many see these attacks as justified. 16-year-old Farah Bakkar has developed […]Kyle Drennen
- CBS Hypes Democrats Fundraising Off Impeachment, Dismisses Boehner Lawsuit 'July 30, 2014 2:02 pm'In the wake of Speaker of the House John Boehner’s impending lawsuit against President Obama, CBS This Morning did their best to minimize its merits and instead promote Democratic efforts to raise money off of impeachment. On Wednesday, July 30, co-anchor Gayle King introduced a report by Nancy Cordes by highlighting how “Democrats are using the lawsuit deb […]Jeffrey Meyer
- Mika Makes Surprisingly Supportive Statement About Stephen A. Smith 'July 30, 2014 1:50 pm'There are days when Mika Brzezinski will surprise you. Take Morning Joe today, and Brzezinski's comments on the news that ESPN had suspended Stephen A. Smith for a week for his comments about women "provoking" domestic violence. Said Mika: "I think it's too bad we can't have a conversation without people exploding, because I th […]Mark Finkelstein
- WashPost Promises to Help Tear Down Former GOP Governor of Virginia: 'It's Going To Be Ugly' 'July 30, 2014 1:22 pm'The Washington Post has deeply and lovingly covered the corruption scandal around former Virginia Gov. Robert McDonnell, and couldn’t contain its excitement over the trial. In Sunday’s newspaper and in Tuesday’s Post Express tabloid, they highlighted this preview in headlines: “It’s Going To Be Ugly.” They couldn't wait for the ugliness. What neither h […]Tim Graham
- Actors Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz Denounce Israel for 'Genocide' In Gaza 'July 30, 2014 10:58 am'Married Oscar-winning Spanish actors Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz led an effort among Spanish artists to write an open letter denouncing Israel’s war against Hamas in the Gaza strip as “genocide.” The Hollywood Reporter relayed they demanded a ceasefire by the "Israeli Occupation Forces" and called on the European Union to "condemn the bomb […]Tim Graham
- NBC Touts Palestinian Teen Praising 'Justified' Hamas Terror Attacks on Israel 'July 30, 2014 2:28 pm'
- Usain Bolt annoyed by claim he criticized Glasgow 'July 30, 2014 12:05 pm'[…]superadm
- Diplomat: Criticism of Kerry not from Netanyahu 'July 30, 2014 12:05 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — Israel's ambassador to the United States is asserting that criticism of Secretary of State John Kerry's peace-making efforts is traceable to Israel's "very rambunctious democracy," and not Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.read more […]superadm
- Ukraine official: Rebels lay mines near crash site 'July 30, 2014 12:05 pm'[…]superadm
- Israel says it will hold Gaza fire for 4 hours 'July 30, 2014 12:05 pm'By KARIN LAUB GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — A Palestinian health official says 13 people were killed after tank shells hit a U.N. school in Gaza where hundreds of Palestinians had taken refuge from Israeli attacks. Gaza health official Ashraf al-Kidra said another 40 Palestinians were wounded in the shelling early Wednesday.read more […]superadm
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped 'July 30, 2014 12:05 pm'NEW DELHI (AP) — A landslide hit a village in western India following torrential rains Wednesday, sweeping away scores of houses and burying more than 150 people, an official said.read more […]superadm
- Usain Bolt annoyed by claim he criticized Glasgow 'July 30, 2014 12:05 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 'July 30, 2014 12:04 pm'John Kass, Chicago TribIf you're from Chicago, you understand the politics too. It's about using the violence of Central America and the young refugees as a fulcrum so Obama can apply federal leverage, as Democrats tie up the Latino vote for generations.There is a ruthless logic to it. And Rahm's correct. Chicago politicians never let a seriou […]
- The Republican Occupation of Detroit 'July 30, 2014 12:03 pm'Sally Kohn, The Daily BeastJohn Kerry’s ceasefire proposal for Gaza has probably destroyed what remained of the United States’ influence in the Middle East, at least for the duration of this administration’s tenure. […]
- Marijuana Prohibition Doesn't Work 'July 30, 2014 11:59 am'Debra Saunders, SF ChronicleThe New York Times has seen the light. On Sunday, the paper editorialized in favor of an end to the federal ban on marijuana. According to Tony Newman of the Drug Policy Alliance, The Gray Lady has become the first major national newspaper to support legalizing marijuana.The Times did not celebrate marijuana use; it simply address […]
- Secret Weapon to Win Over Voters: Authenticity 'July 30, 2014 11:58 am'Josh Kraushaar, NJOne of the most underappreciated attributes in politics is a candidate's authenticity. In an era when politicians' talking points are scripted, and they worry about a gaffe going viral, the candidate who comes across as genuine holds a real advantage. It's one reason why Barack Obama was able to defeat Hillary Clinton, why Mi […]
- Liberals Love the "One Percent" 'July 30, 2014 11:56 am'Ruchir Sharma, Wall Street JournalFederal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen has said the central bank's goal is "to help Main Street not Wall Street," and many liberal commentators seem convinced that she is advancing that goal. But talk to anyone on Wall Street. If they are being frank, they'll admit that the Fed's loose monetary policy ha […]
- Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 'July 30, 2014 12:04 pm'
- Congressional Report: Ebola Bio Kits Deployed to National Guard Units In All 50 States 'July 30, 2014 4:13 am'The portable systems are designed for "low probability, high consequence" scenarios. […]Mac Slavo
- Our Totalitarian Future: “Vicious Resource Wars, Violent Upheaval and Starvation for Millions” 'July 29, 2014 4:25 pm'Despots, dictators, and power hungry presidents arise in an atmosphere of fear, scarce resources, hopelessness, and misery. As the power of the central government grows the freedoms, liberties and rights of the people are diminished and ultimately relinquished. […]Mac Slavo
- Hotel California: L.A. Officials To Send Homeless To Internment Camps: Will Be Implanted With RFID Chips 'July 29, 2014 1:40 am'The supervisor elaborated that the facility was not a prison, but that its population would be kept there “for their own health and safety.” […]Mac Slavo
- All Hell Will Break Loose In Paper and Physical Precious Metals Markets *Video* 'July 28, 2014 4:02 pm'Our opportunity is to own silver today… for less than the cost an actual mining company can even produce it for. […]Mac Slavo
- ALERT: Delivered By Airplane: Ebola Now Threatens 21 Million People In Major Metro Area 'July 27, 2014 8:44 pm'Ebola could potentially end up all over the United States within a matter of hours, a situation that would very quickly become untenable for medical emergency response teams. […]Mac Slavo
- Congressional Report: Ebola Bio Kits Deployed to National Guard Units In All 50 States 'July 30, 2014 4:13 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)