One can quibble with his endorsement of Newt Gingrich, and I suspect it’s motivated powerfully by the primal scream Newt brings out in all of us, for good or ill (!), but Representative West ain’t bashful about the true nature of the fight. Wow. Enjoy this clip. It’s from this past weekend, from a speech down in Florida. It’s only 2 1/2 minutes & worth it.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- America's Energy Outlook Is Bright – and Obama Hates It 'February 12, 2016 6:00 am'ExxonMobil just published a report that must be giving the Obama administration vertigo. […]
- Sex: The Only Thing 'Infidel' Women Are Worth 'February 12, 2016 6:00 am'This is one more "exoticism" we in the West are told we have to put up with. […]
- The United States Must Help Solve the Syrian Problem 'February 12, 2016 6:00 am'How to deal with the unending flow of refugees? It has become an international problem. […]
- Casting Nancy Drew: No Whiteys, Please! 'February 12, 2016 6:00 am'CBS Entertainment has announced plans to remake the classic television series Nancy Drew. White women need not apply. […]
- Islam: At war with the world (and itself) 'February 12, 2016 6:00 am'The most significant undeclared war of our time -- a war with Islam -- began November 4, 1979, the day Iran took US citizens hostage in Tehran. While 9/11 was the worst single event by far, it wasn’t the beginning. […]
- America's Energy Outlook Is Bright – and Obama Hates It 'February 12, 2016 6:00 am'
- Morning Joe Crew Is Nicer to Porn Star Than ‘Troll’ Ted Cruz 'February 12, 2016 4:57 pm'The crew of Morning Joe on Friday were very sympathetic to a porn star actress who turned up in a Ted Cruz ad, arguing that her “honest work” in a commercial shouldn’t be taken away. Yet, the hosts and the guests of MSNBC show have been much tougher on Cruz himself, allowing a platform for Chris Matthews to call him a “troll.” […]Scott Whitlock
- CNN's Beckel Claims GOPers Call Hispanics 'Wetbacks,' Hillary Is Wife of 'First Black Prez' 'February 12, 2016 3:49 pm'Appearing as a guest on Friday's New Day, liberal CNN political commentator Bob Beckel claimed that Republicans call Hispanics by the derogatory term "wetbacks" as he discussed whether Bernie Sanders will be able to win the Hispanic vote in the Nevada caucuses against Hillary Clinton. He also recalled Bill Clinton as the "first black Pres […]Brad Wilmouth
- Scarborough: Hillary and Her 'Hack Spokesman' Attack Obama's 'Integrity' 'February 12, 2016 1:27 pm'"If I hold you any closer, I'll be in back of you." That was Groucho's famous line in A Day at the Races. It's also Hillary's strategy in South Carolina, as she hugs President Obama as close as she can in an effort to appeal to African-Americans, who make up a majority of Dem primary voters there. Joe Scarborough threw a serious […]Mark Finkelstein
- FNC Panel Excoriates PBS Moderators, Sanders for Ignoring Hillary Clinton’s Scandals 'February 12, 2016 8:06 am'After the “big three” networks of ABC, CBS, and NBC neglected to cover the State Department Inspector General (IG) doling out a subpoena to the Clinton Foundation on Thursday, PBS NewsHour Democratic Debate moderators Gwen Ifill and Judy Woodruff failed to even mention this, or Hillary Clinton’s e-mail scandal or Benghazi. Neither did Bernie Sanders. Needles […]Curtis Houck
- The Nation's Joan Walsh 'Wonders' If 'White Working Class' Rejects Hillary Because of Obama (i.e., His Race) 'February 12, 2016 4:58 am'Joan Walsh, who after a long tenure at Salon.com is now National Affairs Correspondent at far-left publication The Nation, is responding as leftists usually do when their favored candidates and causes are in trouble: immaturely, and by smearing recalcitrant people who, in their fevered minds, should be supporting them. Walsh is a big fan of Hillary Clinton, […]Tom Blumer
- Morning Joe Crew Is Nicer to Porn Star Than ‘Troll’ Ted Cruz 'February 12, 2016 4:57 pm'
- US stocks higher midday as oil rebounds, banks rise 'February 12, 2016 5:05 pm'U.S. stocks were solidly higher at midday on the strength of energy and financial shares as the market headed toward its first gain in a week. […]Associated Press
- Shkreli campaign for boss music collection rolls on 'February 12, 2016 5:05 pm'NEW YORK (AP) — Former pharmaceutical chief Martin Shkreli's campaign to build up an impressive music portfolio rolls on. […]Associated Press
- WWE star Cena named honorary pace car driver for Daytona 500 'February 12, 2016 5:05 pm'DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Wrestling star and actor John Cena will serve as the honorary pace car driver for the season-opening Daytona 500. […]Associated Press
- Ohio company sells classic Etch A Sketch to Toronto toy firm 'February 12, 2016 5:05 pm'BRYAN, Ohio (AP) — The Ohio company that has produced or owned the Etch A Sketch for more than five decades has sold the classic toy to a Toronto-based toy firm. […]Associated Press
- The Latest: All-Star competition tips off with card game 'February 12, 2016 5:05 pm'TORONTO (AP) — The Latest on Friday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local): […]Associated Press
- US stocks higher midday as oil rebounds, banks rise 'February 12, 2016 5:05 pm'
- Best Lines of the Democratic Debate 'February 12, 2016 12:14 pm'Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders take the stage in Milwaukee. […]
- 5 Moments That Mattered in the Democratic Debate 'February 12, 2016 12:13 pm'The two Democratic presidential hopefuls faced off in Milwaukee on Thursday. […]
- EU Member States Declare That Functioning of Schengen Borderless Areas 'Is at Serious Risk' 'February 12, 2016 12:13 pm'EU member states declare that functioning of Schengen borderless areas 'is at serious risk' […]
- ANALYSIS: Clinton Seeks Reality Check on Sanders 'February 12, 2016 12:13 pm'After a blowout loss in New Hampshire, Clinton dialed back the aggressive tone. […]
- Russian Orthodox Church Allowed to Return Debt in Prayers 'February 12, 2016 12:12 pm'A Russian regional court has ruled that a local branch of the Orthodox Church can repay part of an outstanding debt of 258,000 rubles ($3,244) in prayers rather than money […]
- Best Lines of the Democratic Debate 'February 12, 2016 12:14 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- House Conservatives Push for Lower Budget Numbers 'February 12, 2016 7:19 pm'James Arkin, RealClearPoliticsHouse Republicans are in a budget bind.In a meeting of the entire GOP conference Friday morning, Speaker Paul Ryan laid out three approval options for how the group can move forward: a budget that... […]
- Hillary Clinton Doesn't Deserve the Black Vote 'February 12, 2016 7:03 pm'Michelle Alexander, The NationHillary Clinton loves black people. And black people love Hillary—or so it seems. Black politicians have lined up in droves to endorse her, eager to prove their loyalty to the Clintons in the hopes that their faithfulness will be remembered and rewarded. Black pastors are opening their church doors, and the Clintons are making t […]
- 2016 Election Utterly Disproves 2012 'GOP Autopsy' 'February 12, 2016 7:00 pm'Scott McKay, American Spectator […]
- Why Is U.S. Restarting the Cold War With Russia? 'February 12, 2016 6:56 pm'Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, Natl InterestWashington's strategy toward Moscow is outmoded and misdirected. […]
- Why Sanders' Win Is Good for Clinton 'February 12, 2016 6:54 pm'Howard Gutman, PoliticoClintonworld is shaken up. Dismayed by a small victory in Iowa and a big loss in New Hampshire—the campaign is reportedly making big changes to deal with Bernie Sanders, who is, they fear, siphoning support from Hillary Clinton’s flagging campaign. That’s one way to think about Sanders. Here’s another: If Sanders hadn’t existed, Clinto […]
- House Conservatives Push for Lower Budget Numbers 'February 12, 2016 7:19 pm'
- Do You Have What It Takes To Survive In a FEMA Camp? 'February 12, 2016 2:15 pm'The lesson seems clear, if you allow yourself to be transported to a FEMA camp, you’re probably not coming out alive. But there is always a chance. […]Contributing Author
- They’re Coming: With Standoff Over, FBI Initiates “Mass Arrests of 2014 Bundy Ranch Protesters” 'February 11, 2016 9:54 pm'A total of 86 people, including Bundy, are believed to be on the FBI’s roundup list and could subsequently be arrested for their “crimes.” […]Contributing Author
- PANIC: Lines Around The Block To Buy Gold In London; Banks Placing “Unusually Large Orders For Physical” 'February 11, 2016 8:46 pm'You ain't seen nothin' yet... […]Contributing Author
- At The Breaking Point: Soon Our Stressed System “Will Finally Unravel” 'February 11, 2016 5:00 pm'All the primary financial systems we believe are permanent and indestructible are actually on borrowed time. […]Contributing Author
- “It’s Time!!!!” Cliven Bundy Arrested As FBI Closes In On Malheur Holdouts… Standoff Ends 'February 11, 2016 11:07 am'Update: All four individuals have now surrendered; and the standoff is officially over. […]Mac Slavo
- Do You Have What It Takes To Survive In a FEMA Camp? 'February 12, 2016 2:15 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)