One can quibble with his endorsement of Newt Gingrich, and I suspect it’s motivated powerfully by the primal scream Newt brings out in all of us, for good or ill (!), but Representative West ain’t bashful about the true nature of the fight. Wow. Enjoy this clip. It’s from this past weekend, from a speech down in Florida. It’s only 2 1/2 minutes & worth it.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- United Church of Christ Anti-Israel Extremism 'July 1, 2015 5:00 am'A study in discrimination, hypocrisy and irrelevance. […]
- Protecting Humanity from Ice Ages 'July 1, 2015 5:00 am'To protect our civilization from harm, it is vitally important to understand the causes of severe climate cooling and try to figure out how to prevent such cooling episodes, if possible. […]
- Is Iran luring Obama into a trap in Iraq? 'July 1, 2015 5:00 am'The assumption that Tehran can help to counter the advances of the IS stems from the shortsighted thinking that the Iranian regime is the archenemy of the Sunni extremist Islamic State. […]
- SCOTUS Ignites New Level of Resistance 'July 1, 2015 5:00 am'We did not reach this current level of debauchery in America overnight. It will take faith, prayer, and wisdom to turn it around. […]
- The New Roe v. Wade 'July 1, 2015 5:00 am'It is extremely likely now that a new "pro-marriage movement" will pop up, much as the pro-life movement did post-Roe. […]
- United Church of Christ Anti-Israel Extremism 'July 1, 2015 5:00 am'
- ABC, NBC Cheer Imminent Opening of U.S/Cuban Embassies; A ‘New Era’ 'July 2, 2015 1:54 am'On the heels of President Barack Obama’s announcement on Wednesday that the United States and Cuba will soon open respective embassies in Havana and Washington, the “big three” of ABC, CBS, and NBC covered the story on their evening newscasts with ABC and NBC expressing particular enthusiasm at the move and little to no criticism of the President’s Cuba poli […]Curtis Houck
- Liptak Lunges to Left Again: NYT's Supreme Court Reporter Leads Off With Losing Liberal Side 'July 2, 2015 12:41 am'New York Times Supreme Court reporter Adam Liptak weighed in on the front page on two Supreme Court decisions, both favorable to conservatives. Yet in both cases Liptak led his coverage off by detailing the losing liberal arguments: "The move, which supporters of race-conscious admissions programs called baffling and ominous, signaled that the court may […]Clay Waters
- Rachel Maddow Repeatedly Describes Comrade Sanders as 'Liberal' 'July 2, 2015 12:19 am'Bernie Sanders has a branding problem -- and Rachel Maddow is doing what she can to help. If the Vermont senator is known for any one thing, it's this -- the man is unabashedly socialist, unlike so many on the left who claim to be liberal only to reveal their actual collectivist ardor when they get to gushing over Sanders. […]Jack Coleman
- CNN's Blitzer: U.S. and Cuba Resuming Diplomatic Ties is 'Almost Breathtaking' 'July 1, 2015 10:23 pm'CNN's Wolf Blitzer trumpeted the resumption of diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Cuba on his Wednesday program. He asked colleague Andres Oppenheimer, "When you think about what's gone on...over these past 54 years, it's almost breathtaking to see what's happened over the past six months or so. Don't you agree?" […]Matthew Balan
- Katie Couric to Ted Cruz: Do You Have 'Any Empathy' for Immigrants? 'July 1, 2015 9:25 pm'Katie Couric conducted a condescending interview with Ted Cruz, asking the Republican if he has "any empathy" for immigrants as he opposes Barack Obama. The presidential candidate also zinged the liberal journalist, reminding her that it was Hillary Clinton who first started the birther campaign. […]Scott Whitlock
- ABC, NBC Cheer Imminent Opening of U.S/Cuban Embassies; A ‘New Era’ 'July 2, 2015 1:54 am'
- Residents return to smoldering ruins after damaging wildfire 'July 2, 2015 3:15 am'WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) — Surveying the smoldering ruins of his upscale home in this central Washington city, Vern Smith pointed to what had been his garage. […]Associated Press
- 13 states sue over rule giving feds authority on state water 'July 2, 2015 3:15 am'BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — More than a dozen states are challenging a new rule that gives federal authorities jurisdiction over some state waters. […]Associated Press
- Dolphin leaps onto boat, injuring California woman 'July 2, 2015 3:15 am'SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A dolphin leaped onto a boat in Southern California, crashing into a woman and breaking both her ankles. […]Associated Press
- Carrasco loses no-hitter with 1 strike to go in 9th vs Rays 'July 2, 2015 3:15 am'ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Carlos Carrasco came within one strike of throwing the Cleveland Indians' first no-hitter since 1981 on Wednesday night, giving up an RBI single to Joey Butler over leaping second baseman Jason Kipnis' glove in an 8-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays. […]Associated Press
- Theater shooter: 'I took the blood that wasn't mine to take' 'July 2, 2015 3:15 am'CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — Colorado theater shooter James Holmes told a psychiatrist months after the shooting that he was in jail because he "took the blood that wasn't mine to take." […]Associated Press
- Residents return to smoldering ruins after damaging wildfire 'July 2, 2015 3:15 am'
- Investigators Have Person of Interest in Dylan Redwine Case 'July 2, 2015 3:21 am'Person of interest ID'd in case of Dylan Redwine, whose remains were found in SW Colorado […]
- Cubs Score 2 in 11th and Blank Slumping Mets Again, 2-0 'July 2, 2015 3:19 am'Castro legs out key hit, Cubs push across 2 in 11th inning to blank punchless Mets again, 2-0 […]
- Dolphin Leaps Onto Boat, Injuring California Woman 'July 2, 2015 3:15 am'Dolphin jumps onto boat, knocking over and injuring California woman; family releases animal […]
- Lind, Gennett Lead Brewers Past Phillies 9-5 'July 2, 2015 2:58 am'Lind, Gennett lead Brewers past Phillies 9-5 for fourth straight win […]
- Walker Homers Twice as Pirates Pound Tigers 9-3 'July 2, 2015 2:44 am'Walker homers twice, Pirates knock Tigers for 21 hits in 9-3 win […]
- Investigators Have Person of Interest in Dylan Redwine Case 'July 2, 2015 3:21 am'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Hillary Clinton & the Culture of Duplicity 'July 1, 2015 8:11 pm'Noah Rothman, CommentaryÂI was there. I was a senior advisor. I didnÂt know that,Â former White House political advisor David Axelrod said of Hillary ClintonÂs shadowy private email practices. He offered that self-defense on June 17 in an unsolicited effort to defend former White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley, who claimed that he was similarly unaware […]
- Christie's Running, But Is He Too Late? 'July 1, 2015 7:40 pm'Goldmacher & Koren, Natl JournalChris Christie is running for president.The question now is if he's four years too late. The bombastic New Jersey governor shot to national prominence on his bravado and force of personality after his 2009 election. He quickly took on the unions there and touted his ability, as a Republican, to get things done in a De […]
- Election 2016--What Would the Founders Think? 'July 1, 2015 6:55 pm'Pierce & Manley, RCPThe last words of the Declaration of Independence are these ÂÂ we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.Â What follow those powerful words are the signatures of the 56 men, all of whom, in signing the Declaration publicly put their lives at risk for the establishment of democracy in the United St […]
- How Hillary Clinton Plays the Media 'July 1, 2015 6:51 pm'Daniel Schulman, Mother JonesOn Tuesday night, the State Department released some 3,000 pages of emails between Hillary Clinton and her aides during her tenure as secretary of state. The correspondence offers a fascinating behind-the-scenes view of American diplomacy in action, as well as the former first lady's fashion choices. […]
- Clinton Is Running on Empty 'July 1, 2015 6:49 pm'Jay Cost, Weekly StandardIn 1969, a young Hillary Rodham was chosen to give a commencement address to the graduating class of Wellesley College, and she used the occasion to deliver some fairly radical remarks. […]
- Hillary Clinton & the Culture of Duplicity 'July 1, 2015 8:11 pm'
- The US Is Woefully Unprepared for a War with Russia 'July 1, 2015 7:22 pm'At this point, it seems like a war between NATO and Russia is practically a foregone conclusion. […]Contributing Author
- Report: FBI Agents Telling Friends & Family To ‘Avoid July 4 Celebrations’ 'July 1, 2015 4:16 pm'U.S. on high alert for Independence Day events... […]Contributing Author
- Racial Tensions Ignite, Distracting Americans While “Major Financial Collapse is Imminent” 'July 1, 2015 9:32 am'With racial tensions at the forefront... the continued business of decline in America and coming financial dangers drone on in the background. […]Mac Slavo
- Coming To America: The Hoarding Begins: Greeks Rush To Grocery Stores, Gas Stations and ATMs In Anticipation of Collapse 'June 30, 2015 5:39 pm'The reality of the situation is that not only is this contagion soon to reach America, there will be no stopping it when it does. […]Mac Slavo
- Cake-Correctness: “ISIS Cake Anybody Can Buy at Walmart… But You Can’t Buy Confederate” 'June 30, 2015 12:23 am'Walmart must put cake in its mouth, after the corporate giant is cleverly caught in a cultural hypocrisy of its own weaving. […]Mac Slavo
- The US Is Woefully Unprepared for a War with Russia 'July 1, 2015 7:22 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)