One can quibble with his endorsement of Newt Gingrich, and I suspect it’s motivated powerfully by the primal scream Newt brings out in all of us, for good or ill (!), but Representative West ain’t bashful about the true nature of the fight. Wow. Enjoy this clip. It’s from this past weekend, from a speech down in Florida. It’s only 2 1/2 minutes & worth it.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- 'Vote-Shaming': An Effective Leftist Strategy 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'Rush Limbaugh is wrong about leftists' "vote-shaming" efforts being a "desperation" tactic. It's statistically proven to be effective. […]
- Obama and the Safety of our Blood Supply 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'With the burgeoning host of diseases now entering the U.S., courtesy of Barack Hussein Obama, a witch’s brew of problems faces the blood supply quality […]
- The Danger of Islamist Terrorists in Libya 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'Libya is today a dangerous place and a chaotic society with continual fighting among Islamist terrorists, Arab nationalists, and a host of regional militias. […]
- The Age of Arrogance 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'Because of the arrogance of information and the glut on “experts,” we can no longer read with charity, with curiosity, only with suspicion. […]
- Ginsburg Dissent Gives Democrats a Boost 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'Clear, solid Democratic control of the Senate seems to be a Ginsburg political priority. And it's not just business; she appears to take the threat of losing the Senate personally. […]
- 'Vote-Shaming': An Effective Leftist Strategy 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'
- Charles Pierce: America’s ‘Deliberately Cultivated Stupidity’ Would Doom an Elizabeth Warren Presidential Campaign 'October 31, 2014 5:14 am'The Esquire blogger says Warren’s economic message is popular, but, for reasons that include a Republican “campaign of vandalism” and Democratic ineptitude, she doesn’t get the credit she deserves for it. […]Tom Johnson
- Butterfield Effect Still in Full Effect at NYT: 'Crime Is at Its Lowest Level...Even While Overstuffed Prisons Cripple' Budgets 'October 31, 2014 4:23 am'James Taranto's Opinion Journal page features a long-running gag, "Fox Butterfield, Is That You?" an homage to former New York Times crime reporter Fox Butterfield, who wrote an article under a now-notorious headline: "Crime Rates are Falling, but Prisons Keep on Filling." Yet the paper's liberal confusion had a straightforward […]Clay Waters
- AP Wants Readers to Believe Fed's QE 'Is Over' — With $4 Trillion in Holdings 'October 31, 2014 3:51 am'An unbylined "Q&A" column at the Associated Press yesterday began with the following false declaration: "The $4 trillion experiment is over." That just isn't so. Maybe the Federal Reserve is done building up its debt holdings — that is by no means certain — but the "experiment" known as "quantitative easing," […]Tom Blumer
- On NBC, Dem Senator Blames Obama Disapproval in South on Not Being ‘Friendliest Place for African-Americans’ 'October 31, 2014 3:37 am'On Thursday’s NBC Nightly News, Louisiana Democratic Senator Mary Landrieu told NBC News political director and Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd that President Barack Obama is unpopular in the South because the region “has not always been the friendliest place for African-Americans” and thus “[i]t’s been a difficult time for the President to present himse […]Curtis Houck
- CBS Excuses Hillary Saying Businesses Don’t Create Jobs; 'Just Overshot' Trying to Please Base 'October 31, 2014 2:14 am'The broadcast network blackout of Hillary Clinton telling an audience that corporations and businesses don’t create jobs ended on Thursday night as the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley brought it up during a segment that continued the liberal media’s hammering of New Jersey Republican Governor Chris Christie for confronting a heckler at an event on Wednesd […]Curtis Houck
- Charles Pierce: America’s ‘Deliberately Cultivated Stupidity’ Would Doom an Elizabeth Warren Presidential Campaign 'October 31, 2014 5:14 am'
- Death penalty sought for trooper ambush suspect 'October 31, 2014 3:35 am'DUNMORE, Pa. (AP) — A survivalist accused of ambushing two state troopers, leaving one dead and seriously injuring the other, was captured on Thursday, ending a seven-week manhunt for him, authorities said. State police confirmed Eric Frein, 31, was taken into custody but released no details.read more […]superadm
- Saints top Panthers 28-10 to take NFC South lead 'October 31, 2014 3:35 am'By AARON BEARD […]superadm
- NCAA denies Georgia's appeal of Gurley suspension 'October 31, 2014 3:35 am'ATLANTA (AP) — The NCAA has upheld its four-game suspension of Georgia tailback Todd Gurley.read more […]superadm
- Winston, Florida State rally to beat Louisville 'October 31, 2014 3:35 am'By GARY B. GRAVES […]superadm
- Knicks spoil James' homecoming, 95-90 'October 31, 2014 3:35 am'By TOM WITHERS […]superadm
- Death penalty sought for trooper ambush suspect 'October 31, 2014 3:35 am'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Obama's Midterm Losses May Make History 'October 31, 2014 3:15 am'Stuart Rothenberg, Roll CallPresident Barack Obama is about to do what no president has done in the past 50 years: Have two horrible, terrible, awful midterm elections in a row.In fact, Obama is likely to have the worst midterm numbers of any two-term president going back to Democrat Harry S. Truman.Truman lost a total of 83 House seats during his two midter […]
- Why Is Scott Brown So Close To Winning? 'October 31, 2014 3:13 am'James Pindell, PoliticoScott Brown was headed in the wrong direction. It was a Saturday morning in March, the day after he told hundreds at a Republican conference in Nashua that he had inched toward running for office by filing preliminary paperwork to challenge Jeanne Shaheen, New Hampshire’s first-term Democratic senator. He was driving the signature gree […]
- The Gloves Are Off 'October 31, 2014 3:11 am'James Taranto, Wall Street JournalWe’ve got to hand it to NARAL Pro-Choice America (nÃ©e National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws), which has put out the funniest series of political ads at least since one Christine O’Donnell solemnly intoned to the camera: “I am not a witch.” […]
- The GOP Is Back in Bed With Wall Street 'October 31, 2014 3:10 am'Alec MacGillis, New RepublicThe rise of the Tea Party insurgency in 2009 and 2010 came with an oft-overlooked benefit for the Republican Party and conservative movement. Not only did the insurgency provide energy to the anti-Obama wave in the 2010 midterms, but it helped blur the lines between the parties in a way that was deeply beneficial to Republicans in […]
- Election Day: A Referendum on Competence 'October 31, 2014 3:09 am'Charles Krauthammer, WPIs this election really about nothing? Democrats might like to think so, but it’s not.First, like all U.S. elections, it’s about the economy. The effect of the weakest recovery in two generations is reflected in President Obama’s 13-point underwater ratings for his handling of the economy. […]
- Obama's Midterm Losses May Make History 'October 31, 2014 3:15 am'
- American Concentration Camps: “Will Be Used To Enforce Medical Martial Law For The Sick… And To House Political Dissidents” 'October 30, 2014 6:32 pm'All it would take is a presidential signature on a proclamation and the attorney general’s signature on a warrant to which a list of names is attached. […]Contributing Author
- Watch: Cop Goes On F-Word Laden Tirade After Being Told “God Bless You” 'October 29, 2014 8:20 pm'These clips only serve to highlight the fact that many officers across the country see the American public as their slaves and they think they can abuse and threaten violence against for no reason whatsoever. […]Mac Slavo
- Unchained: You Need To Watch This Video: “Who Are The Real Oppressors In Our Community?” 'October 28, 2014 10:09 pm'Speaks volumes about the plight of all Americans, be they White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American or Black... […]Mac Slavo
- “That is a Coward Pointing a Gun at Me” Veteran Refuses to Submit During Police Standoff 'October 28, 2014 5:18 pm'I was afraid and if I was going to get harmed I’d much rather take it standing than on my face. […]Contributing Author
- Police State Targets Dissidents: Government To “Impose Extreme Disruption Orders On Individuals” 'October 28, 2014 1:47 am'"I believe we need to be able to deal with that if we are going to do the job we want to do, which is keeping people safe and secure." […]Mac Slavo
- American Concentration Camps: “Will Be Used To Enforce Medical Martial Law For The Sick… And To House Political Dissidents” 'October 30, 2014 6:32 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)