One can quibble with his endorsement of Newt Gingrich, and I suspect it’s motivated powerfully by the primal scream Newt brings out in all of us, for good or ill (!), but Representative West ain’t bashful about the true nature of the fight. Wow. Enjoy this clip. It’s from this past weekend, from a speech down in Florida. It’s only 2 1/2 minutes & worth it.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Capital Powerball: Scandals Grease Washington's Wheels 'May 19, 2013 6:04 am'The vultures are starting to circle.... […]
- Israel: Triumph of Resilience 'May 19, 2013 6:03 am'Israel turned 65 last week. It has been a long and difficult journey, with many more bumps to come. But then, winning the war for Israel's acceptance, like nation-building itself, is not the work of a couple of generations. […]
- Hope and Fear: Obama into 2014 'May 19, 2013 6:03 am'As the remaining months of Barack Obama's administration play out before the midterm elections, is it better to worry or to hope? […]
- The Stasi IRS? 'May 19, 2013 6:03 am'Recent actions by the IRS have precedents -- precedents that should be horrifying to any devotee of freedom. […]
- Savages, Sexual Predators, and Their Defenders: How the Washington Establishment Really Views the Military 'May 19, 2013 6:03 am'Do sexual assaults occur in the uniformed services? Absolutely. Just like they do in every other sphere of the civilian world. Do they happen in higher proportion? Absolutely not. […]
- Capital Powerball: Scandals Grease Washington's Wheels 'May 19, 2013 6:04 am'
- Politico's Gerstein Assumes GOP and Other Efforts to Get at the Truth Are About 'Claim(ing) a Trophy Firing' 'May 20, 2013 1:40 am'When a reporter makes an assertion about someone else's beliefs or motivations, he or she is supposed to offer something up as evidence, say a direct quote, something that person has written, or even something someone else close to him or her has said. Politico's Josh Gerstein offered nothing of the sort in his coverage of Eric Holder's " […]Tom Blumer
- Political Satirist Andy Borowitz: 'Obama Denies Role In Government' 'May 20, 2013 12:33 am'As NewsBusters has been reporting this week, even comedians that have been almost universally squeamish about telling jokes about Barack Obama have begun to do so with all the scandals now surrounding this White House. Jumping on the bandwagon Saturday was political satirist Andy Borowitz who published a piece deliciously titled "Obama Denies Role In Go […]Noel Sheppard
- On NPR Stations, Business Anchor Demands Rumsfeld Apologize for Bush Policies, Compares Iraq to Vietnam 'May 19, 2013 9:13 pm'“Marketplace” is a popular nightly public-radio business newscast distributed on hundreds of NPR stations by Public Radio International. But the anchor, Kai Ryssdal, wasn’t about to interview former Bush defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld without demanding apologies for the "Bush wars" in a book interview for “Rumsfeld’s Rules.” Forget the business- […]Tim Graham
- Crowley to Obama Advisor: 'Why Didn't the President Just Say, Yeah, Benghazi Was a Terrorist Attack?' 'May 19, 2013 8:38 pm'Do you remember Candy Crowley back in October, while acting as a presidential debate moderator, defending Barack Obama's claim that he had called the attack on our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, an act of terror the day after the attack? Crowley apparently doesn't, for on CNN's State of the Union Sunday, she actually challenged Obama advisor Da […]Noel Sheppard
- Bowling for Dollars....to Pay for Baby Deaths 'May 19, 2013 6:24 pm'Elizabeth Harrington at CNSNews.com is tracking how inventive the abortion industry can get to fund more violent abortion procedures. The National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF) held its annual “National Abortion Access Bowl-a-Thon” in April, raising more than $500,000 to “help women and girls pay for abortions they couldn’t otherwise afford.” The fourth a […]Tim Graham
- Politico's Gerstein Assumes GOP and Other Efforts to Get at the Truth Are About 'Claim(ing) a Trophy Firing' 'May 20, 2013 1:40 am'
- 'Trek' does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes 'May 20, 2013 2:35 am'By DAVID GERMAIN LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Star Trek: Into Darkness" has warped its way to a $70.6 million domestic launch from Friday to Sunday, though it's not setting any light-speed records with a deburead more […]superadm
- Swift leads, Miguel hurts fans at Billboard Awards 'May 20, 2013 2:35 am'By MESFIN FEKADU […]superadm
- Tornadoes level homes in Okla., hit other states 'May 20, 2013 2:35 am'[…]superadm
- Syrian troops push into strategic rebel-held town 'May 20, 2013 2:35 am'[…]superadm
- 10 Things to Know for Monday 'May 20, 2013 2:35 am'By The Associated Press […]superadm
- 'Trek' does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes 'May 20, 2013 2:35 am'
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More 'December 20, 2012 8:20 pm'“We have to have a comprehensive way in which to respond to the mass murder of our children that we saw in Connecticut,” said Vice President Joe Biden today, meeting with the leaders of law enforcement organizations whom he said had been his “friends and... […]Jake Tapper
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'
- Video: Obama on "gunwalking" - "Serious mistakes" may have been made 'September 10, 2012 7:26 pm'Responding to operation "Fast and Furious," President Obama told Univision's Jorge Ramos, "serious mistakes" may have been made. Recently CBS News broke this story of the ATF letting guns into Mexico, which have wound up in the hands of drug cartels. […]
- Video: ATF agents face "gunwalking" blame, danger in Mexico 'September 10, 2012 7:26 pm'Former attache for ATF in Mexico City Darren Gil told CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson that ATF agents in Mexico face blame and danger as a result of the agency's "Fast and Furious" program. […]
- Murdered U.S. agent's family wants answers 'November 7, 2011 1:28 pm'Gunwalking: Parents of ICE Special Agent Jaime Zapata want to know if weapon that killed their son was tracked by U.S. […]
- Gunwalker scandal called "perfect storm of idiocy" 'July 26, 2011 1:59 pm'Congressional investigators say agency charged with preventing weapons from falling into hands of drug cartels instead facilitated it […]
- Untitled 'March 8, 2011 9:14 pm'[…]
- Video: Obama on "gunwalking" - "Serious mistakes" may have been made 'September 10, 2012 7:26 pm'
- Good News About Race and Voting 'May 20, 2013 3:02 am'Andrew Kohut, Wall Street JournalIn the next several weeks the Supreme Court is expected to rule on the constitutionality of the requirement that several states, mostly in the South, get "pre-clearance" from the Justice Department before they make any changes to their election laws. The requirement was part of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which w […]
- How Obama Can Get Past the Faux Scandals 'May 20, 2013 2:55 am'Albert Hunt, BloombergHere’s the White House view of the current trilogy of so-called scandals: Republicans are trying to destroy President Barack Obama’s second term by magnifying bureaucratic miscues and distorting policy realities. This isn’t without some merit.On none of these issues -- the deadly debacle at the U.S. diplomatic outpost […]
- Big Government Loses Control 'May 20, 2013 2:54 am'Gordon Crovitz, Wall Street JournalWhat to make of the political scandals that are dominating the headlines and forcing the Obama administration into Nixonian damage control? Technology is finally doing to big government what it has done to big business, big media and other institutions that once could operate with nearly full control over information. The g […]
- Political Dysfunction Is Hurting Democracy 'May 20, 2013 2:53 am'E.J. Dionne, Washington PostWASHINGTON -- We know American politics are dysfunctional. But after a week of scandal obsession during which the nation's capital and the media virtually ignored the problems most voters care about -- jobs, incomes, growth, opportunity, education -- it's worth asking if there is something especially flawed about our dem […]
- The Big Chill on Free Speech 'May 20, 2013 1:47 am'Michael Barone, Washington ExaminerChilling effect. That's the term lawyers and judges use to describe the result of government actions that deter people from exercising their right of free speech.There have been plenty of examples in the past 10 days.The Obama administration's Justice Department issued a sweeping demand for two months of office, c […]
- Good News About Race and Voting 'May 20, 2013 3:02 am'
- Effective Immediately: All Semi-Automatic Pistols Sold In California to Require “Micro Stamp” Ballistic Identification 'May 19, 2013 8:00 pm'And for those who think this is restricted to the left-coast, similar legislation is under consideration in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maryland, Wisconsin, and Illinois. Likewise, a federal push for micro-stamping was attempted in 2008 by both the House and the Senate. […]Mac Slavo
- We Have Blown The Largest Bubble In The History Of Mankind 'May 17, 2013 7:38 pm'If the government acknowledges what is happening, confidence in the economy and financial markets will be lost... […]Mac Slavo
- U.S. Military Grants Itself the Authority to Deploy Troops in American Cities Without Presidential or Local Approval 'May 17, 2013 3:00 am'Multiple sections of the code outline plans and policies for a martial law scenario and should be considered a must read for any American worried about their freedoms in what has become a hostile American police state. […]Contributing Author
- Peak Pollination: Global Collapse of Food Supplies Approaches As 30% of Bee Colonies Wiped Out In the Last Year 'May 16, 2013 6:29 pm'At this pace it is only a matter of time before the population of bees on our planet falls below the threshold necessary to produce enough food required to meet global demand. […]Mac Slavo
- Lions And Tigers And Terrorists, Oh My! 'May 15, 2013 7:45 pm'A government that quietly seeks to dominate the people will inevitably begin to treat the people as if they are the enemy. […]Contributing Author
- Effective Immediately: All Semi-Automatic Pistols Sold In California to Require “Micro Stamp” Ballistic Identification 'May 19, 2013 8:00 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)