One can quibble with his endorsement of Newt Gingrich, and I suspect it’s motivated powerfully by the primal scream Newt brings out in all of us, for good or ill (!), but Representative West ain’t bashful about the true nature of the fight. Wow. Enjoy this clip. It’s from this past weekend, from a speech down in Florida. It’s only 2 1/2 minutes & worth it.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Taking Trump Seriously 'May 24, 2015 5:00 am'Yes, there is the hyperbole for which Trump is known. There is, however, no reason to assume that his admittedly gigantic self-confidence is misplaced or otherwise spurious. […]
- Why Official Christianity Is Dying 'May 24, 2015 5:00 am'If the churches, of whatever denomination, continue to ignore this, let them die out. […]
- Islamo-Fascism and the War Against the Jews 'May 24, 2015 5:00 am'In many ways, the most important strategic front left for Islamo-fascists to conquer is the United States. […]
- Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Hillary? 'May 24, 2015 5:00 am'Huge swaths of the Republican electorate, apparently. And it's got to stop. […]
- Mad Men's Religion 'May 24, 2015 5:00 am'The landmark television series had a surprising amount to say on religion. […]
- Taking Trump Seriously 'May 24, 2015 5:00 am'
- Lefty Blogger: Media Downplay Unprecedented Stupidity of Right-Wing Lawmakers 'May 24, 2015 5:36 pm'Today’s conservative legislators may not be as dumb as a box of rocks or so dumb it takes them an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes (HT: Rodney Dangerfield) but Daily Kos writer Hunter is willing to claim that they’re “the dumbest we've ever had. You have to credit the tea party Republicans for that one—they know what they want, and by golly if it can […]Tom Johnson
- Keith Ellison: 'Proud to Stand' with Rand Paul 'May 24, 2015 3:47 pm'Not the endorsement someone heading into the Republican primaries would normally want, but it's the one Rand Paul got. On today's This Week [hosted by Jonathan Karl in the absence of Stephanopoulos], far-left Rep. Keith Ellison declared that on a variety of issues he is "proud to stand" with Rand Paul. Roll the video and watch Bill Krist […]Mark Finkelstein
- Daily Beast Asks: 'Can We Please Get God Out of Religion?' 'May 24, 2015 12:53 pm'In a competition for Dumbest Headline Ever, we might consider the Daily Beast asking, “Can We Please Get God Out of Religion?” The subheadline was “We all need a spiritual side. But not because of some make-believe afterlife. Because it makes us better in this life.” Barrett Holmes Pitner wrote this as one of those godless “millennials” now showing up in Pew […]Tim Graham
- Author/Filmmaker: Abortionist Dr. Gosnell Lies With Every Word In Prison Interview 'May 24, 2015 11:40 am'Dana Loesch at TheBlaze TV interviewed Irish filmmaker Ann McElhinney, who’s working on a movie and a book about abortionist Curtis Gosnell, now in prison for killing babies after birth in his dirty Philadelphia clinic. She met Dr. Gosnell in person. “He has an answer for everything. He lives in his own little world. Every word that comes out of his mouth i […]Tim Graham
- Saturday Night Funny Video: Biden’s Inexplicable Commencement Advice 'May 24, 2015 4:24 am'One last fun video from the Late Show with David Letterman which ended on Wednesday night. From its last Monday night program, a clip from Vice President Biden’s commencement address the day before at Yale University. The Late Show tagged it “Joe Biden: What?” And watching it will certainly induce a “what?” – at the very least. Biden is the gift who keeps on […]Brent Baker
- Lefty Blogger: Media Downplay Unprecedented Stupidity of Right-Wing Lawmakers 'May 24, 2015 5:36 pm'
- Protester leaves Shell ship north of Seattle; 1 remains 'May 24, 2015 9:15 pm'SEATTLE (AP) — One of two protesters who affixed themselves to an Arctic oil-drilling support ship parked north of Seattle left the vessel Sunday, but the other remained suspended from its anchor chain in an effort to draw attention to climate change and the risks an oil spill could pose in the remote waters off northwestern Alaska. […]Associated Press
- David Letterman drives into retirement with Indy 500 tribute 'May 24, 2015 9:05 pm'INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — David Letterman has a new No. 1 on his personal Top Ten list of reasons he loves the Indianapolis 500. […]Associated Press
- AP Was There: Muhammad Ali-Sonny Liston heavyweight rematch 'May 24, 2015 9:05 pm'EDITOR'S NOTE: On May 25, 1965, Muhammad Ali defeated Sonny Liston in the first round of a heavyweight bout that produced one of the strangest finishes in boxing history as well as one of sports' most iconic moments — photos of Ali hovering over Liston on the canvas, shouting at his opponent to get up. […]Associated Press
- The Latest in Cleveland: Rice family lawyer pans case plan 'May 24, 2015 9:05 pm'3:45 p.m. […]Associated Press
- Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or in upset Cannes finale 'May 24, 2015 9:05 pm'CANNES, France (AP) — The 68th Cannes Film Festival was brought to a surprising close Sunday with Jacques Audiard's Sri Lankan refugee drama taking the festival's coveted top honor, the Palme d'Or. […]Associated Press
- Protester leaves Shell ship north of Seattle; 1 remains 'May 24, 2015 9:15 pm'
- Rahal Leads Honda With Fifth Place Finish in Indy 500 'May 24, 2015 9:20 pm'Graham Rahal falls short of win, still gives team owner David Letterman top-5 Indy 500 run […]
- Dozier Powers Twins Past White Sox 8-1 'May 24, 2015 9:17 pm'Brian Dozier has 2 homers, 4 RBIs and Twins rout White Sox 8-1 […]
- Wacha Improves to 7-0, Cards End 3-Game Skid by Beating KC 'May 24, 2015 9:15 pm'Wacha improves to 7-0, Cardinals stop 3-game skid by beating Royals 6-1 […]
- Flash Floods in Texas, Oklahoma Kill 2; 100s of Homes Gone 'May 24, 2015 9:13 pm'Soaking rains wash away homes, kill 2, others missing in Texas and Oklahoma […]
- Polish President Concedes Defeat After Exit Poll Released 'May 24, 2015 9:11 pm'Polish President Bronislaw Komorowski concedes defeat to right-wing challenger […]
- Rahal Leads Honda With Fifth Place Finish in Indy 500 'May 24, 2015 9:20 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- No Rest for Arlington's Minders of Details 'May 24, 2015 8:50 pm'Mikayla Bouchard, NY TimesARLINGTON, Va. — Darrell Stafford inspected a freshly dug grave at Arlington National Cemetery recently and nodded. The burial plot, 5 feet by 10 feet, was ready for the coming ceremony. It was just one of 28 funerals that he would help oversee that day. […]
- Robert Downey Jr.'s Lesson on Forgiveness 'May 24, 2015 8:49 pm'Mark Hemingway, FederalistIn a recent piece for The New Yorker, critic Richard Brody purports to offer “Advice for Robert Downey Jr.” I honestly couldn’t make it past the second paragraph without letting my eyes wander off the page in a heady fog of annoyance and bewilderment: […]
- Huckabee Also Wanted to Forgive Mel Gibson 'May 24, 2015 8:47 pm'Asawin Suebsaeng, DBOn Friday, 2016 Republican presidential hopeful and professional BeyoncÃ© opponent Mike Huckabee took to Facebook to publicly convey his support for accused sexual predator Josh Duggar.“Josh’s actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, ‘inexcusable,’ but that doesn’t mean ‘unforgivable,’” the former Arkansas go […]
- When the Rapist Doesn't See It as Rape 'May 24, 2015 8:46 pm'Nicholas Kristof, New York TimesBrian Banks was one of America’s best high school football players when, in 2002, at age 16, he was accused of rape.The accuser, Wanetta Gibson, said that Banks had forced her into a stairway at their high school in California and raped her. […]
- Can Feingold Come Back? 'May 24, 2015 8:43 pm'Craig Gilbert, Milwaukee Journal SentinelFor almost two decades, Russ Feingold had a winning image in Wisconsin politics — the liberal maverick. He galvanized Democrats, won independents and made small but critical inroads among Republicans.That election formula abandoned him in the conservative wave of 2010, when the three-term senator lost his seat to Repu […]
- No Rest for Arlington's Minders of Details 'May 24, 2015 8:50 pm'
- Special Ops Armed with Rapid DNA Scanners: “Get Ready for Advanced Biometric Warfare” 'May 23, 2015 11:42 pm'The real goal is total information collection on entire populations – to sort out who is friend or foe, who is wanted for payments or authorized for access. […]Mac Slavo
- Are You On the Jade Helm Red List and Will You Know When It’s Time to Run? 'May 23, 2015 6:56 pm'There are some universal principles that will be applied when key people are hunted down when the NSA/DHS decides that your Threat Matrix Score is too high and you must be extracted from society... […]Contributing Author
- ObamaFail: Affordable Insurance Rates Set To Skyrocket 50%… Again 'May 22, 2015 4:36 pm'Remember when the American people were told that insurance would be free for the poor and affordable for the middle class? […]Mac Slavo
- Is Martial Law Justified If ISIS Attacks? 'May 22, 2015 5:05 am'The threat of ISIS does not frighten me. It concerns me, but what truly disturbs me is the likely government response if such predictions by alphabet agencies come to pass. […]Contributing Author
- “Threat of 3rd World War Real” – Billionaire Soros Warns Currency War With China Could Go Hot 'May 21, 2015 11:27 pm'Soros warned that, “there is a real danger that China will align itself with Russia politically and militarily, and then the threat of third world war becomes real" […]Contributing Author
- Special Ops Armed with Rapid DNA Scanners: “Get Ready for Advanced Biometric Warfare” 'May 23, 2015 11:42 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)