One can quibble with his endorsement of Newt Gingrich, and I suspect it’s motivated powerfully by the primal scream Newt brings out in all of us, for good or ill (!), but Representative West ain’t bashful about the true nature of the fight. Wow. Enjoy this clip. It’s from this past weekend, from a speech down in Florida. It’s only 2 1/2 minutes & worth it.
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Leftists Use Black Lives Matter to Exploit Blacks, Again 'August 4, 2015 5:00 am'Wake up black America. The Left is playin' y'all, again. […]
- America's First Socialist Fortune 'August 4, 2015 5:00 am'If America should go down and historians are picking through the rubble, they will see the Clinton fortune as the moment when we abandoned faith in America’s destiny. […]
- I Want a President Who Will Encourage the Millennials 'August 4, 2015 5:00 am'A president can't change the culture; only a genuine cultural movement, created by activists probably unwelcome to today's ruling class, including the president we elect in 2016, can do that. […]
- Debate Advice for a Front Runner 'August 4, 2015 5:00 am'The stage is being set for a genuine clash of cultures in America […]
- Islamophobia or Ingratitude? 'August 4, 2015 5:00 am'There is far too much concern for preventing upsets to Muslim sensitivities, rather than clamping down on support for Jihadi terrorism. […]
- Leftists Use Black Lives Matter to Exploit Blacks, Again 'August 4, 2015 5:00 am'
- When New York Times Takes Trump Seriously: When He Slams GOP Rivals as Koch Brothers 'Puppets' 'August 4, 2015 2:03 am'Strange new respect? Two days after the New York Times labeled real estate mogul and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump a racist on its front page based on thin evidence, the Times is suddenly treating one of his Twitter pronouncements as newsworthy, with Ashley Parker devoting an entire story to Trump's tweet. Perhaps because he's atta […]Clay Waters
- MSNBC's Hayes Hints That Hamas and Israeli Govt Both Incite Violence 'August 4, 2015 1:12 am'On Friday's All In show, MSNBC host Chris Hayes hinted that there was similar credibility between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blaming the terrorist group Hamas for the murders of three Jewish students a year ago, and Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat blaming the Israeli government for the recent murder of a Palestinian boy by Jewish extre […]Brad Wilmouth
- Blogger Josh Marshall: GOP Base Likes Trump’s ‘Do Anything, Say Anything Mode of Militant Nonsense’ 'August 4, 2015 12:52 am'Almost a quarter-century ago, Seal sang, “We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy.” These days, suggests Talking Points Memo’s Josh Marshall, it’s awfully hard to survive in the Republican presidential race if you’re only a little crazy, now that Donald Trump “has flooded the market with a new, purer brand of Crazy that has left the other […]Tom Johnson
- Suit: Craig James Claims Fox Sports Fired Him for Gay Marriage Views 'August 4, 2015 12:01 am'Former New England Patriot and SMU running back Craig James is suing Fox Sports for religious discrimination. The former ESPN, and briefly Fox Sports, employee claims that his firing from Fox was due to comments he made opposing same-sex marriage while running for U.S. Senate. James’ suit was filed in Dallas County Court on Monday. […]Matthew Philbin
- Networks Ignore ‘Backlash’ Caused by Company’s $70k Minimum Wage 'August 3, 2015 8:12 pm'Broadcasts ignore problems caused by dramatic salary increases at Gravity Payments. […]admin
- When New York Times Takes Trump Seriously: When He Slams GOP Rivals as Koch Brothers 'Puppets' 'August 4, 2015 2:03 am'
- Pakistani, Indian troops trade fire, killing 3 in Kashmir 'August 4, 2015 10:15 am'ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistani and Indian border guards traded gunfire and mortar shells Tuesday along their disputed border in the Himalayan region of Kashmir, killing two Pakistanis and an Indian, officials said. […]Associated Press
- Rights group condemns alleged abuse of Gadhafi son in Libya 'August 4, 2015 10:15 am'TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — Human Rights Watch says Libyan prison authorities should investigate the alleged abuse of a son of former dictator Moammar Gadhafi and other inmates in a Tripoli prison. […]Associated Press
- Ukraine grants citizenship to Russian given government job 'August 4, 2015 10:15 am'KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has granted Ukrainian citizenship to a Russian opposition figure nominated to a regional government job. […]Associated Press
- Toyota's quarterly profit up 10 pct on cheap yen, cost cuts 'August 4, 2015 10:15 am'TOKYO (AP) — Toyota's profit for April-June rose 10 percent on perks from a cheap yen and cost reduction efforts that offset lower vehicle sales. […]Associated Press
- Government investigating Harman car radios after Fiat recall 'August 4, 2015 10:15 am'NEW YORK (AP) — The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened an investigation into Harman car radios following a recent recall of 1.4 million Fiat Chrysler cars and trucks due to a hacking vulnerability. […]Associated Press
- Pakistani, Indian troops trade fire, killing 3 in Kashmir 'August 4, 2015 10:15 am'
- Military Unit is Lifeline for Scientists on Unique Mission 'August 4, 2015 10:36 am'Airmen from the 109th Airlift Wing support scientists in harsh environments. […]
- Kosovo Passes Law on War Crimes Court 'August 4, 2015 10:27 am'Kosovo passes law on war crimes court that will try ethnic Albanian wartime leaders […]
- Yemen Pro-Government Troops Retake Rebel-Held Base in South 'August 4, 2015 10:27 am'Yemen pro-government troops battling Shiite rebels take key base in south, formerly used by US […]
- Aetna Tops 2Q Profit Forecasts 'August 4, 2015 10:20 am'Aetna beats 2Q earnings expectations, misses revenue forecasts […]
- Russia Expels Swedish Diplomat, Says It's Tit-for-Tat Move 'August 4, 2015 10:18 am'Russia expels Swedish diplomat in what it says is a tit-for-tat move […]
- Military Unit is Lifeline for Scientists on Unique Mission 'August 4, 2015 10:36 am'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Democrats Hold the Trump Card 'August 4, 2015 2:54 am'Thomas Sowell, Investor's Business DailyWith Hillary Clinton's multiple misdeeds coming to light and causing her political problems, reflected in her declining support in the polls, both she and the Democratic Party have reason to be concerned. But both of them may yet be rescued by "The Donald," who can turn out to be their Trump card.Do […]
- Nuclear Deal Won't Change Iran 'August 4, 2015 2:52 am'Michael Barone, Washington Examiner"Faute de mieux." That means "for want of something better" in Secretary of State John Kerry's second language. It's also the best case made by its journalistic defenders for approval of the nuclear weapons deal Kerry negotiated with Iran. Or to be more exact, for rallying 34 votes in the Senat […]
- Fighting Climate Change For Real 'August 4, 2015 2:51 am'Froma Harrop, Seattle TimesTime to drop this "war on coal" talk. Time to ignore the hollering by coal country politicians over President Obama's beefed-up plan to combat global warming.No, the Clean Power Plan will not ruin their local economies, because coal has already done that, certainly in Appalachia. Look at those barren flats where maje […]
- The Inclusive Strength of #BlackLivesMatter 'August 4, 2015 12:49 am'Amanda Teuscher, TAP […]
- Hillary Clinton's Summer Slump 'August 4, 2015 12:46 am'Doyle McManus, Los Angeles Times […]
- Democrats Hold the Trump Card 'August 4, 2015 2:54 am'
- Report: Feds Take Down Preppers Accused of Stockpiling Guns and Ammunition: “Federal Conspiracy Charges” 'August 4, 2015 12:39 am'If you don't think you're on the government's radar for activities related to stockpiling food, ammunition, guns and other supplies, think again. […]Mac Slavo
- Are “Eerie Events Culminating in September”? Why Some Are Bracing for a Crash or Big Event 'August 3, 2015 9:23 pm'Without a doubt, there is a very impressive confluence of events that all come together in September. […]Contributing Author
- Homeland Security Idle on 2008 EMP Threat: “Gov’t Dysfunction Preventing … Protecting Ourselves” 'August 3, 2015 8:24 am'Homeland Security has done nothing to guard against power grid failure since dire 2008 EMP […]Mac Slavo
- Die Like Sheep: Navy to Prosecute Chattanooga Hero For Discharging Firearm on Federal Property 'August 2, 2015 6:48 pm'The government's case makes it clear that the policies of this administration and subsequently our military under its direct command, is that Americans are not to fight back when faced with being murdered. […]Mac Slavo
- 11 Red Flag Events That Just Happened As We Enter The Pivotal Month Of August 2015 'August 1, 2015 5:40 pm'This next month (August) will be a month of transition as we enter an extremely chaotic time in the fall and winter... […]Contributing Author
- Report: Feds Take Down Preppers Accused of Stockpiling Guns and Ammunition: “Federal Conspiracy Charges” 'August 4, 2015 12:39 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)