Can you imagine if New York Magazine – not exactly a hotbed of conservatism – had surveyed the Tea Party and emerged with this result? And this is just one bleak snapshot! No wonder the mainstream media buried it. From Are You Smarter than a Wall Street Occupier?
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- U.S. Policy Should Work to Transform Iran 'July 29, 2016 5:00 am'More than ever before, both Iran and America are eagerly awaiting a change in policy. […]
- A Speech for the Ages Analyzed 'July 29, 2016 5:00 am'Fisking the first lady. […]
- Lockdown: A Teacher's Thoughts 'July 29, 2016 5:00 am'The "gun violence" and Sandy Hook speakers at the Democrat Convention reminded me of a recent event that took place in my own school. […]
- How National Unity Is Forged in Unexpected Places 'July 29, 2016 5:00 am'The elusive unity so needed to heal the nation was recently found in a most unexpected place: heroism. […]
- Israel’s Optimistic Outlook 'July 29, 2016 5:00 am'Cooperation between Israel and Asian, African, and even Arab states has been growing in recent years. […]
- U.S. Policy Should Work to Transform Iran 'July 29, 2016 5:00 am'
- Maher: Bill Clinton Can ‘F**k Around’ on Hillary and Still ‘Love Her’ 'July 29, 2016 5:46 am'[Warning: profanity ahead.] The not-married Bill Maher on Thursday closed out his live convention shows by insisting that Bill Clinton can “fuck around” on Hillary Clinton and still “love her.” The Real Time host also pleaded for Americans to have a more “European” attitude about such infidelities. […]Scott Whitlock
- CNN Praises the 'Political Genius' of Hillary's 'Sturdy, Steely,' ‘Inspiring’ Convention Speech 'July 29, 2016 5:46 am'Hillary Clinton formally accepted the nomination to be Democratic Party’s standard bearer as their presidential candidate on Thursday evening, and CNN’s America’s Choice 2016 panel couldn’t be happier. “The words that came to my mind were kind of— sturdy, steely,” CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger gushed, “It was not an oratorical masterpiece. It did […]Nicholas Fondacaro
- CBS Hails Hillary’s ‘Steadiness,’ Use of ‘Fight Song’; ‘Moved’ By Her Repeating ‘Strength and Together’ 'July 29, 2016 5:08 am'Striking a different tone than the lukewarm reactions by ABC and NBC to Hillary Clinton’s DNC speech late Thursday night, CBS enthusiastically praised her “steadiness,” intro music choice of This Is My Fight Song and admitted they were “moved by how many times she said ‘strength’ and ‘together.’” […]Curtis Houck
- CBS, NBC Fawn Over Chelsea Clinton 'Already Making Her Own Mark On History' 'July 29, 2016 4:30 am'CBS and NBC's evening newscasts on Thursday hyped Chelsea Clinton's planned speech introducing her mother, Hillary Clinton, at the Democratic National Convention. CBS's Vinitia Nair played up that Clinton "uses her mother's smarts and her father's flare." Nair trumpeted that "the girl named after a Joni Mitchell song, […]Matthew Balan
- Univision corre a enmarcar el mail incriminatorio 'marca latina' del CND 'July 29, 2016 3:29 am'La prensa estáblishment está a la defensiva tras algunas de las revelaciones más explosivas de los correos electrónicos hackeados al Comité Nacional Demócrata (DNC, por sus siglas en inglés) recién difundidos por Wikileaks. Uno de esos mails salpicó muy de cerca a Univision. […]Jorge Bonilla
- Maher: Bill Clinton Can ‘F**k Around’ on Hillary and Still ‘Love Her’ 'July 29, 2016 5:46 am'
- Police, protesters at DNC praised for restraint, courtesy 'July 29, 2016 5:45 am'PHILADELPHIA (AP) — They came. They protested. They got their message out. […]Associated Press
- Huge, once-hated fish now seen as weapon against Asian carp 'July 29, 2016 5:45 am'CHICAGO (AP) — It's a toothy giant that can grow longer than a horse and heavier than a refrigerator, a fearsome-looking prehistoric fish that plied U.S. waters from the Gulf of Mexico to Illinois until it disappeared from many states a half-century ago. […]Associated Press
- Senior S. Korean prosecutor indicted on corruption charges 'July 29, 2016 5:30 am'SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A senior South Korean prosecutor has been indicted for allegedly pocketing millions of dollars from shady stock transaction deals with an online game maker. […]Associated Press
- Taiwan driver in deadly bus crash was drunk, police say 'July 29, 2016 5:30 am'TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — The driver of a Taiwanese tour bus that crashed and burst into flames killing all 26 on board, including 23 Chinese tourists, was driving drunk, investigators said Friday. […]Associated Press
- Famous cue maker charged with helping smuggle elephant ivory 'July 29, 2016 5:30 am'LOS ANGELES (AP) — A famous custom pool cue maker has been charged in California with helping to smuggle protected elephant ivory by using it on his cues. […]Associated Press
- Police, protesters at DNC praised for restraint, courtesy 'July 29, 2016 5:45 am'
- Pence Rally Interrupted by Protesters, a First for His Campaign 'July 30, 2016 4:39 am'Unlike Donald Trump, the VP candidate responded calmly. […]
- 2 Chicago Officers in Deadly Shooting Relieved of Powers 'July 30, 2016 3:36 am'Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson has relieved two officers of their police powers following a police-involved shooting that left a suspect dead […]
- FBI Investigating Cybertheft of Clinton Campaign Information 'July 30, 2016 3:09 am'The investigation comes on the heels of two other hacks. […]
- Suspect Charged in Fatal Shooting of San Diego Officer, Police Say 'July 30, 2016 12:49 am'One suspect was taken into custody. […]
- WATCH: Make-A-Wish Foundation Fulfills Little Boy's Dream to Be a Garbage Man 'July 30, 2016 12:30 am'6-year-old Ethan Dean, who has been battling cystic fibrosis since he was born, was able to experience life as a garbage collector. […]
- Pence Rally Interrupted by Protesters, a First for His Campaign 'July 30, 2016 4:39 am'
- Feds investigating insurance fraud that duped U.S. military 'June 10, 2016 1:38 am'CBS News investigation showed how U.S. military have been tricked into getting unnecessary medical tests that are billed to Pentagon's insurance plan […]
- U.S. military members duped to help pull off insurance fraud 'June 9, 2016 1:29 am'CBS News is exposing an insurance scam where taxpayers are the victims; and U.S. military members are tricked into helping pull off the fraud […]
- West Virginia AG's past with drug companies questioned 'June 3, 2016 1:29 am'Patrick Morrisey was once a lobbyist representing pharmaceutical trade group funded by some drug distributors that West Virginia is now suing in opioid crisis […]
- Lead poisoning victims possibly targeted to sign over settlement funds 'April 21, 2016 1:29 am'Lead poisoning victim Crystal Linton says she didn't understand what she was doing when she signed over her settlement money to a finance company; CBS News spoke to two dozen others in similar situations […]
- West Virginia doctor investigated for deaths in opioid epidemic 'April 14, 2016 1:45 am'Dr. Michael Kostenko has written more than 40,000 prescriptions for oxycodone in the last two years -- 3 of his patients have died […]
- Feds investigating insurance fraud that duped U.S. military 'June 10, 2016 1:38 am'
- Bernie-or-Bust Crowd Is Loud But They're Powerless 'July 29, 2016 10:02 pm'Amanda Marcotte, SalonEven though the outpouring of rage from Bernie Sanders supporters on day one of the DNC was ugly, there are strong indications that it was little more than a childish fit. There is no real evidence that huge numbers think Hillary Clinton stole the primary or that we’re better off with Donald Trump as president. […]
- What Does the Democratic Party Stand for? Good Question. 'July 29, 2016 10:01 pm'Emmett Rensin, TNRI spent the past week in Philadelphia, in the halls and in the stadium of the Wells Fargo Center, for nearly every hour of the Democratic National Convention. I heard more than a hundred speakers, and spoke to dozens of people in the halls. After four days, I am not certain that I know what, precisely, the Democratic Party wants to be.For t […]
- Democrats Actually Did Get Stronger Together 'July 29, 2016 9:58 pm'Albert Hunt, BloombergDemocrats left their presidential nominating convention in Philadelphia Thursday night remarkably unified given the tensions at the start of the week, in sharp contrast to the Republicans a week earlier.If history is any guide, the more unified party has an advantage in the autumn election. This is a year, however, that has defied a lot […]
- DNC Can't Crack Crooked Hillary Clinton Perception 'July 29, 2016 9:55 pm'Brendan Kirby, LifeZetteThe Democratic National Convention’s primary mission — to reduce Hillary Clinton’s sky-high dishonesty perception — appears to be floundering. The Democratic nominee for president has the luxury of an all-star lineup of political and pop-culture talent to make her case. No one is more talented at talking to the American people in conv […]
- 2016 Isn't Just Democrat vs. Republican. It's Normal vs. Abnormal 'July 29, 2016 9:52 pm'Ezra Klein, VoxWhat we just witnessed in Cleveland and Philadelphia defies our normal political vocabulary. We are used to speaking of American politics as split between the two major parties. It’s Democrats versus Republicans, liberals versus conservatives, left versus right.But not this election. The conventions showed that this is something different. Thi […]
- Bernie-or-Bust Crowd Is Loud But They're Powerless 'July 29, 2016 10:02 pm'
- “Revolt of the Elites”: Society Is Divided, Self-Absorbed and Powerless to Stop Them 'July 29, 2016 6:00 pm'The Elites have successfully revolted against the political and economic constraints on their wealth and power. […]Contributing Author
- No One Can Stop Her… And She Knows It: “This Election Won’t Be Fair” 'July 29, 2016 4:35 pm'In a fair election, Donald Trump would win in a landslide. But this election will not be fair. […]Mac Slavo
- Fewer Than Ever Can Afford to Buy a Home As America’s “Thriving Middle Class” Is Dead 'July 29, 2016 1:30 pm'Very rough times are coming, and things are going to get much harder for the middle class. […]Contributing Author
- Peter Schiff: Time Is Running Out, “Crisis Worse Than 2008 Coming” 'July 28, 2016 10:04 pm'Economic expert Peter Schiff speaks on just how dire the financial consequences will be when the great storm hits and batters everyone. […]Mac Slavo
- Donald Trump Has Two New Nicknames For Hillary Clinton… 'July 28, 2016 7:52 pm'For months Donald Trump has bestowed the "Crooked Hillary" moniker on the Democratic Presidential candidate. […]Mac Slavo
- “Revolt of the Elites”: Society Is Divided, Self-Absorbed and Powerless to Stop Them 'July 29, 2016 6:00 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)