Can you imagine if New York Magazine – not exactly a hotbed of conservatism – had surveyed the Tea Party and emerged with this result? And this is just one bleak snapshot! No wonder the mainstream media buried it. From Are You Smarter than a Wall Street Occupier?
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- What Touches Classified is Classified 'August 29, 2015 5:00 am'The lies and use of a ‘cleaning cloth’ tell us that Hillary Clinton knows she breached security. […]
- Why I'm Glad I'm Gone from Academe 'August 29, 2015 5:00 am'I can’t fathom how today’s college/university personnel who aren’t leftists cope with the academic world. […]
- Israel will Never be a Second Czechoslovakia 'August 29, 2015 5:00 am'A vote for the Iran deal is a vote for the beginning of the next war between Israel and Iran and its proxies. […]
- Mental Health and the 2nd Amendment 'August 29, 2015 5:00 am'Keeping guns out of the hands of the truly mentally unstable is a worthy goal, but it should not be used as a cause for undermining our rights under the 2nd Amendment. […]
- Energy Delusions 'August 29, 2015 5:00 am'The Clean Energy Summit is a chance for the crony capitalists and the politicians to get together and celebrate their mutual good fortune. […]
- What Touches Classified is Classified 'August 29, 2015 5:00 am'
- AP Treats Obama Admin's Kansas Funding Cutoff in Planned Parenthood Fight as a Local Story 'August 29, 2015 2:21 pm'Three weeks ago, concerning Associated Press coverage of investigations into Planned Parenthood's baby body parts business, I noted that "Bad news for Planned Parenthood gets only local coverage," while "Exculpatory news, even if artificially concocted, gets national exposure." Add the following to that observation: Obama administrat […]Tom Blumer
- Not a Joke: MSNBC Has 'Breaking News' on Donald Trump's Hair 'August 29, 2015 2:15 pm'The journalists at MSNBC may have too much time on their hands. On Thursday, the network played a graphic of a Donald Trump speech with the "breaking news" about his hair. MSNBC blasted, "Breaking News: Trump Has Woman Pull Hair to Prove It's Real." […]Scott Whitlock
- NYT's Barro: 'Massive' Gun Grab Only Way To Impact Violent Crime 'August 29, 2015 1:27 pm'Give Josh Barro credit for candor. When it comes to guns, the New York Times correspondent makes no bones about the kind of draconian, Second Amendment-defying approach he thinks is necessary. Forget about expanded background checks or other such measures. The only way to have a "big impact on violent crime," according to Barro, is to emulate Aus […]Mark Finkelstein
- Stephen Colbert to Time: I Didn’t Want to Be a Political Champion (?) 'August 29, 2015 1:04 pm'Stephen Colbert graces the cover of the latest issue of Time magazine and discusses why he folded The Colbert Report to take over David Letterman’s Late Show. Only bits of the interview with Time TV writer James Poniewozik have been released online, but it gives some insight on what to expect from the full interview. Most notably, Colbert claimed that when […]Tim Graham
- Media Celebrate Miley Cyrus, Lily-Rose Depp for Sexual 'Fluidity' 'August 29, 2015 12:45 pm'Remember the days when there were just boys and girls? Thanks to liberals that ship has not sailed, but the Left is doing everything possible to make sure that ship burns and sinks to the bottom of the ocean. Now more than ever, it seems the gender and sexual identity movement is everywhere you turn. The growing trend has attracted more and more young people […]Matthew Philbin
- AP Treats Obama Admin's Kansas Funding Cutoff in Planned Parenthood Fight as a Local Story 'August 29, 2015 2:21 pm'
- South Sudan fighting persists as cease-fire approaches: UN 'August 29, 2015 5:15 pm'JUBA, South Sudan (AP) — Violent clashes continued between South Sudan's warring factions Saturday before a cease-fire is to come into effect on Sunday, U.N., government and rebel officials said. […]Associated Press
- As Common Core results trickle in, initial goals unfulfilled 'August 29, 2015 5:15 pm'LOS ANGELES (AP) — Results for some of the states that participated in Common Core-aligned testing for the first time this spring are out, with overall scores higher than expected though still below what many parents may be accustomed to seeing. […]Associated Press
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer keeps open possibility of Sept. hike 'August 29, 2015 5:10 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer left the door open Saturday for a Fed rate increase in September, saying the factors that have been keeping inflation below the central bank's target level have likely begun to fade. […]Associated Press
- Thousands of Lebanese protesters pour into Beirut square 'August 29, 2015 5:10 pm'BEIRUT (AP) — Waving red, white and green Lebanese flags, thousands of people poured into a major square in downtown Beirut Saturday, staging the largest of the demonstrations that began last week over garbage piling up in the streets of Beirut following the closure of a main landfill. […]Associated Press
- Rhodes awarded pole after rain cancels Xfinity qualifying 'August 29, 2015 5:10 pm'ELKHART LAKE, Wis. (AP) — Qualifying for the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Road America has been cancelled due to wet track conditions. […]Associated Press
- South Sudan fighting persists as cease-fire approaches: UN 'August 29, 2015 5:15 pm'
- Health, Election Work Elevated Jimmy Carter Post-Presidency 'August 29, 2015 5:31 pm'Jimmy Carter's work to eliminate disease, preserve voting integrity creates global legacy […]
- Burkina Faso Court Rejects Candidate of Former Ruling Party 'August 29, 2015 5:29 pm'Burkina Faso court rejects presidential candidate of former ruling party […]
- Iran President Opposes Parliament Vote on Nuclear Deal 'August 29, 2015 5:29 pm'Iran president opposes parliament vote on nuclear deal, says it should not become obligation […]
- Miami Security Guard Shot at Metrorail Station Dies 'August 29, 2015 5:24 pm'Miami security guard shot at Metrorail station taken off life support […]
- The Latest: Parade in Lower 9th Ward Commemorates Katrina 'August 29, 2015 5:20 pm'The Latest: Speeches and parade in New Orleans' Lower 9th Ward commemorate Katrina flooding […]
- Health, Election Work Elevated Jimmy Carter Post-Presidency 'August 29, 2015 5:31 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- NY Times' Dishonest Attack on Clarence Thomas 'August 29, 2015 3:34 pm'Alex Griswold, MediaiteThe New York Times had quite the bombshell Friday with a piece alleging that conservative Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has a habit of simply borrowing the language of briefs submitted to the Court, rather than coming up with his own ideas.Here’s the lede paragraphs to the piece, written by Adam Liptak and entitled “Clarence Th […]
- Clarence Thomas Borrows Others' Language 'August 29, 2015 3:34 pm'Adam Liptak, NY TimesWASHINGTON — Justice Clarence Thomas has not asked a question from the Supreme Court bench since 2006. His majority opinions tend to be brisk, efficient and dutiful.Now, studies using linguistic software have discovered another Thomas trait: Those opinions contain language from briefs submitted to the court at unusually high rates.The fi […]
- Affirming a Right to Die With Dignity 'August 29, 2015 3:33 pm'George Will, Washington PostBrittany Maynard was soon to die. The question was whether she could do so on her own terms, as a last act of autonomy. Dr. Lynette Cederquist, who regrets that Maynard had to move to Oregon in order to do so, is working with others to change California law to allow physician assistance in dying.Maynard, a 29-year-old newlywed, kn […]
- ISIS and the Curse of the Iraq War 'August 29, 2015 3:32 pm'John Cassidy, The New YorkerI've been reading up recently on the ancient history of Iraq and Syria, a region that is often referred to, not for nothing, as the cradle of civilization. Here is where rapid population growth, urbanization, the specialization of labor, manufacturing, written language, money, mathematics, and astronomy all originated.Today, […]
- Restoring American Exceptionalism 'August 29, 2015 3:31 pm'Cheney & Cheney, Wall Street JournalIn 1983, as the U.S. confronted the threat posed by the Soviet Union, President Ronald Reagan explained America’s unique responsibility. “It is up to us in our time,” he said, “to choose, and choose wisely, between the hard but necessary task of preserving peace and freedom, and the temptation to ignore our duty and bl […]
- NY Times' Dishonest Attack on Clarence Thomas 'August 29, 2015 3:34 pm'
- Police Tell Reporter Filming Crash of Virginia Shooter “Delete Footage or Lose Camera” 'August 28, 2015 8:30 pm'If the camera needed to be confiscated because it contained evidence, why would the officers insist that exact same evidence be deleted? […]Contributing Author
- Experts Say War With Russia Was Imminent “66 Times in Last 18 Months” 'August 28, 2015 5:16 pm'Unfortunately, this crisis shows no signs of abatement even as tinder box stands ready to explode at any given moment. […]Mac Slavo
- Banning Cash “Necessary to Give Central Banks More Power” 'August 28, 2015 2:18 pm'“There is no more egregious anti-liberty economic policy imaginable than banning cash." […]Contributing Author
- Mainstream Media Lies to Gullible Americans: “Stocks Aren’t Headed for a Crash” 'August 28, 2015 12:35 am'Can the U.S. resist the overall trend and pull out of this market crash? […]Contributing Author
- Cop Caught on Tape Extorting Driver for Fundraiser: “Buy These Tickets or I Take Your Car” 'August 27, 2015 7:25 pm'The problem underscores the issue of abuse of power that is rampant throughout the system. […]Mac Slavo
- Police Tell Reporter Filming Crash of Virginia Shooter “Delete Footage or Lose Camera” 'August 28, 2015 8:30 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)