Can you imagine if New York Magazine – not exactly a hotbed of conservatism – had surveyed the Tea Party and emerged with this result? And this is just one bleak snapshot! No wonder the mainstream media buried it. From Are You Smarter than a Wall Street Occupier?
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Impoverishment: America's New Normal 'May 27, 2015 5:00 am'The defining American middle class is devolving toward poverty. There seems little doubt that the economic pattern results from government intervention. […]
- And Then a Hero Comes Along: Mike Flynn 'May 27, 2015 5:00 am'An Illinois special congressional election provides an opportunity to rebuke both a passive GOP and an overreaching left. […]
- Killing the Scouts 'May 27, 2015 5:00 am'Whether the church, para-church organizations, the government, schools, corporations, small businesses, and even blood banks, the plague of liberalism seems to know no bounds. […]
- The Iraq War Question: A Suggestion to Republican Candidates 'May 27, 2015 5:00 am'Here is how Republicans should answer the "if you knew then what you know now" question. […]
- How Hillary Politicized Benghazi 'May 27, 2015 5:00 am'There will be no closure for the Benghazi tragedy until Hillary Clinton reveals the truth about the e-mail messages she received on her "private" server. […]
- Impoverishment: America's New Normal 'May 27, 2015 5:00 am'
- Obama Immigration Ally Unchallenged on Telemundo 'May 27, 2015 9:33 pm'“Deportation Relief Stuck” was the title of a slanted segment on the latest edition of Enfoque, Telemundo’s weekly public affairs talk show. Host José Díaz-Balart allowed Congressman Luis Gutiérrez (D-IL) to go unchallenged as the segment’s sole guest in the discussion of the plight of President Obama’s Executive Amnesty, the implementation of which has so f […]Yuri Perez
- En Enfoque, un sesgado segmento sobre la amnistía de Obama 'May 27, 2015 9:23 pm'“Alivio de deportación estancado” fue el titular de la última edición de Enfoque, el programa dominical de actualidad noticiosa de Telemundo. El conductor, José Díaz-Balart, permitió al congresista Luis Gutiérrez (D-Il), como único invitado, presentar la versión a favor de las acciones ejecutivas en materia migratoria del presidente Obama, sin ningún balanc […]Yuri Perez
- Carly Fiorina Runs Circles Around Andrea Mitchell, Blasts Hillary 'May 27, 2015 8:53 pm'During a live interview with Carly Fiorina on Wednesday, MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell fretted over the Republican presidential candidate’s attacks on Hillary Clinton: “You were really the breakout star according to all reports from Iowa last weekend, the biggest crowds, especially when you went after Hillary Clinton. Is that because you’re the only woman in th […]Kyle Drennen
- After Clinton Foundation Scandal, No 'Happily Ali After' Interviews for Mrs. Stephanopoulos 'May 27, 2015 8:38 pm'It looks like ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos isn’t the only one affected by his Clinton Foundation donation scandal. His wife, author and actress Ali Wentworth, is cancelling appearances to promote her upcoming book Happily Ali After and Other Fairly True Tales. Tweeting excitement just days before her scheduled appearance on Bravo’s goofy-barroom la […]Tim Graham
- AP: Bill Clinton's Shell Company Only Evidence of 'Complexity' 'May 27, 2015 7:57 pm'The Associated Press and Stephen Braun did all they could to cover for the Clintons yesterday. First, the wire service attached the most boring headline imaginable to Braun's story about Bill Clinton's shell company shenanigans: "Bill Clinton company shows complexity of family finances." The message to subscribers, particularly the broadc […]Tom Blumer
- Obama Immigration Ally Unchallenged on Telemundo 'May 27, 2015 9:33 pm'
- Jonathan Franzen talks up, and around, his new novel 'May 27, 2015 9:25 pm'NEW YORK (AP) — Writing has become no easier for Jonathan Franzen, whose fifth novel comes out this fall. […]Associated Press
- US won't seek high court review in immigration case 'May 27, 2015 9:25 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — The government says it won't ask the Supreme Court to review a judge's decision that put on hold President Barack Obama's executive action on immigration. […]Associated Press
- US high court: California county drug disposal law stands 'May 27, 2015 9:25 pm'OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The U.S. Supreme Court let stand a Northern California county's drug disposal law, paving the way for similar ordinances. […]Associated Press
- Clinton urges making middle class 'mean something again' 'May 27, 2015 9:25 pm'COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton says pay equity between men and women, more generous parental leave policies and a higher minimum wage are not issues of importance merely to women but concerns that go to the heart of why it's "hard to get ahead and stay ahead in America." […]Associated Press
- EPA’s Shocking Actions to Gain Support for Its Widely Reviled Water Rule 'May 27, 2015 9:18 pm'There’s now another issue with the controversial water rule proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers. […]Michael Morris
- Jonathan Franzen talks up, and around, his new novel 'May 27, 2015 9:25 pm'
- Judge Delays Edict on Moving Stabbing Case to Juvenile Court 'May 27, 2015 9:39 pm'Judge to rule in August on whether to move Wisconsin girls to juvenile court in stabbing case […]
- Soccer Officials Arrested at Swiss Hotel in Corruption Probe 'May 27, 2015 9:38 pm'Soccer officials arrested in US corruption probe; 2018, 2022 World Cup votes also scrutinized […]
- Hostages Taken at Gas Station in San Francisco Suburb 'May 27, 2015 9:37 pm'Multiple agencies responding to hostage situation at gas station in suburban San Francisco […]
- Mexico Drops Charges Against 4 Men, Finds They Were Tortured 'May 27, 2015 9:31 pm'Mexico judge drops charges against 4 men in 2008 grenade attack, finds they were tortured […]
- Exxon Shareholders to Vote on Climate Change, Fracking 'May 27, 2015 9:29 pm'Amid lower oil prices, Exxon shareholders listen to CEO, vote on climate and fracking measures […]
- Judge Delays Edict on Moving Stabbing Case to Juvenile Court 'May 27, 2015 9:39 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Warren Flipped Homes to Make a Quick Profit 'May 27, 2015 7:33 pm'Melchior & Johnson, NRONearly two years after Veo Vessels died, her daughter, 70-year-old Mary Frances Hickman, decided to sell the home her mother had left to her. A sprawling brick house in Oklahoma City’s historic Highland Park neighborhood, it was built in 1924, just a year after Mary’s birth. […]
- Glenn Beck: Free the Weed 'May 27, 2015 7:30 pm'Ana Marie Cox, The Daily BeastGlenn Beck’s gone to pot. On Thursday, he devoted his entire radio show to the question of drug legalization. He’d been dropping hints for weeks that the abuse of police power was pushing him toward endorsement. […]
- The Origins of the "No-Tax Pledge" 'May 27, 2015 7:27 pm'Grover Norquist, RCP Changing Lanes […]
- When Family-Friendly Policies Backfire 'May 27, 2015 7:24 pm'Claire Miller, New York TimesIn Chile, a law requires employers to provide working mothers with child care. One result? Women are paid less.In Spain, a policy to give parents of young children the right to work part-time has led to a decline in full-time, stable jobs available to all women — even those who are not mothers. […]
- 4 Sketchy Things in Clinton's Emails 'May 27, 2015 7:23 pm'Mollie Hemingway, The FederalistThe State Department released on Friday some emails that Hillary Clinton had given them from her time as Secretary of State. The only emails the State Department had to release were the ones provided by Hillary Clinton from the secret server she used during her time as secretary, so no one should have had any expectation that […]
- Warren Flipped Homes to Make a Quick Profit 'May 27, 2015 7:33 pm'
- Prepare Your Homes And Neighborhoods For The Violence That Is Going To Sweep America 'May 27, 2015 3:23 pm'If things are this bad already, how bad will they be when the next great economic crisis hits this nation and unemployment skyrockets and poverty is everywhere? […]Contributing Author
- Elite Bunker Down in “Secure, Safe Rooms Hidden in Plain Sight”… And You Can, Too 'May 26, 2015 4:19 pm'With growing riots, protests and grumblings on the ground level, elites, VIPs, military commandos and foreign dignitaries are preparing to hunker down. […]Mac Slavo
- Coming for Your Funds: Supremes “Justify Seizure of Pension Funds to PROTECT Pensioners” 'May 26, 2015 1:35 pm'Economic expert Martin Armstrong warns that the development is part of a wider move towards “economic totalitarianism.” […]Contributing Author
- Investors Squeeze Trailer Park Renters: “The Economics Are Compelling… There’s a Lot More Poor People Than Rich” 'May 26, 2015 1:15 am'Along with the decline of the middle class, come the rise of Wall Street mega-landlords and, indeed, mega-slumlords putting new rent pressures on the poor. […]Mac Slavo
- Report: Terrorist Nuke Attack May Be Carried Out Inside the United States in Next 12 Months 'May 25, 2015 5:41 pm'It’s just a quick hop through a smuggling tunnel from Mexico and hey presto, they’re mingling with another 12 million “illegal” aliens in America with a nuclear bomb in the trunk of their car... […]Mac Slavo
- Prepare Your Homes And Neighborhoods For The Violence That Is Going To Sweep America 'May 27, 2015 3:23 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)