Can you imagine if New York Magazine – not exactly a hotbed of conservatism – had surveyed the Tea Party and emerged with this result? And this is just one bleak snapshot! No wonder the mainstream media buried it. From Are You Smarter than a Wall Street Occupier?
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Chicago Cops Blame ‘ACLU Effect’ for Increase in Gun Violence 'February 6, 2016 6:00 am'Fewer police stops means more violent crime, including a near doubling of the murder rate. At least that seems to be the case in Chicago. […]
- Is This Election a Last Hurrah? 'February 6, 2016 6:00 am'We need to see that it is not only the system, but we ourselves who are broken -- morally, politically and economically. […]
- The Federal Reserve and the Inflation Tax 'February 6, 2016 6:00 am'The Fed's inflation tax that punishes prudence and thrift creates a culture that discourages personal responsibility and stifles economic growth. […]
- Realism about Immigration 'February 6, 2016 6:00 am'The West should try to some extent to help those refugees who are in distress or who are being persecuted but not those people who are not really in need. […]
- Yale Professor on Nazi Environmentalism: So Close, yet So Far 'February 6, 2016 6:00 am'For all of Professor Timothy Snyder's academic acumen and language skills, he could not be more wrong in his conclusions about Hitler and German ecological anti-Semitism. […]
- Chicago Cops Blame ‘ACLU Effect’ for Increase in Gun Violence 'February 6, 2016 6:00 am'
- NBC's Jackson, Tur Try, Fail to Get Trump to Say Rubio Hurt in ABC Debate 'February 7, 2016 4:35 am'Catching up with Donald Trump in the "spin room" after Saturday's GOP debate, NBC's Hallie Jackson attempted to get Donald Trump to say who he thought "lost" the GOP debate, hoping, perhaps, to get the New Hampshire frontrunner to attack Sen. Marco Rubio. For his part, Trump refused to take the bait. […]Ken Shepherd
- Suddenly Less Snarky Maddow Forced to Admit Rubio Did Well in Iowa 'February 7, 2016 12:42 am'While providing a post-mortem on the results of the Iowa caucuses, Rachel Maddow could not resist resorting to kneejerk sarcasm, which she found immensely hilarious, making it all the more satisfying when Maddow was forced to backpedal soon thereafter. The target of her snark? Sen. Marco Rubio's unexpectedly strong showing in Iowa, which was one of the […]Jack Coleman
- Madeline Albright: 'Special Place in Hell' For Women Who Don't Vote For Hillary 'February 7, 2016 12:25 am'During the 2008 presidential campaign, Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin referred to Madeline Albright's somewhat well-known saying, found on a Starbucks coffee cup, that "There's a special place in Hell for women who don't help other women." At the time, Albright, who served as Secretary of State under Bill Clinton, […]Tom Blumer
- Biden Donors Want VP to Enter 2016 Race; AP, NY Times Ignore 'February 6, 2016 10:23 pm'Folks who get their news from a wide variety of sources likely know by now that there is enough concern about the electability of Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders that a prominent Democratic Party donor has "emailed dozens of fans of Vice President Joe Biden on Friday, urging them to remain prepared to donate if Biden jumps into the (presidential) race […]Tom Blumer
- Lame! WashPost Again Claims The Media's Not Partisan, Just Loves a 'Juicy Story' 'February 6, 2016 10:07 pm'The Washington Post is dragging out one of the oldest and phoniest arguments against the charge of liberal bias, an argument that has all the freshness of four-month-old milk. To sum up in a headline: “The media’s biggest bias isn’t partisan — it’s for a juicy story.” If this claim hadn’t been completely obliterated by every juicy thing Bill Clinton did wit […]Tim Graham
- NBC's Jackson, Tur Try, Fail to Get Trump to Say Rubio Hurt in ABC Debate 'February 7, 2016 4:35 am'
- Taiwan rescuers find signs of life in quake rubble 'February 7, 2016 4:15 am'TAINAN, Taiwan (AP) — Rescuers on Sunday found signs of life within the remains of a high-rise residential building that collapsed in a powerful, shallow earthquake in southern Taiwan that killed at least 19 people and injured hundreds, as families anxiously waited on site. […]Associated Press
- Kidnapped cab driver recalls ordeal with California inmates 'February 7, 2016 4:15 am'WESTMINSTER, Calif. (AP) — A 74-year-old California taxi driver expected to die when an escaped jail inmate put a gun to his stomach and kidnapped him. But now the driver is thanking the man for saving his life. […]Associated Press
- Republicans circle Rubio as stakes grow in New Hampshire 'February 7, 2016 4:15 am'LONDONBERRY, N.H. (AP) — On the rise in a tightening race, Marco Rubio shouldered intensifying attacks Friday from moderate-leaning Republicans who fear a strong Rubio showing in Tuesday's New Hampshire primary could spell the end for their frazzled presidential campaigns. […]Associated Press
- Manhunt continues for Los Angeles inmate mistakenly freed 'February 7, 2016 4:15 am'LOS ANGELES (AP) — Investigators scrambling to recapture a Los Angeles County murder suspect accidentally released from jail have been notifying potential targets of his freedom, interviewing those who know him best and chasing down tips from the public. […]Associated Press
- Mormon church comes out against Utah medical marijuana bill 'February 7, 2016 4:15 am'SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The Mormon church has come out against a Utah bill that would allow the medical use of edible pot products, a position that could be a serious blow to one of two medical marijuana proposals before state lawmakers. […]Associated Press
- Taiwan rescuers find signs of life in quake rubble 'February 7, 2016 4:15 am'
- Bosnian First-Graders Reach out to Deaf Schoolmate 'February 7, 2016 10:32 am'First-graders in a school in Bosnia have been learning sign language so they can communicate with their deaf schoolmate Zejd […]
- Extremists Free Australian Woman Kidnapped in Burkina Faso 'February 7, 2016 10:16 am'Islamic extremists have freed an Australian woman kidnapped last month in northern Burkina Faso, though her husband remains in captivity despite pleas for his release […]
- Turkey: Reaching Limits but Will Keep Taking in Refugees 'February 7, 2016 10:09 am'Turkey's deputy premier says his country has reached the end of its "capacity to absorb" refugees but will continue to take them in […]
- North Korea Successfully Launches Long-Range Missile, U.S. Officials Confirm 'February 7, 2016 9:43 am'US officials confirmed that North Korea has launched a long-range missile. […]
- Korean Skier Earns Applause at 2018 Olympics Test Event 'February 7, 2016 9:31 am'South Korean skier Kim Hyeon-tae earns applause at 2018 Olympics test event […]
- Bosnian First-Graders Reach out to Deaf Schoolmate 'February 7, 2016 10:32 am'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Everyone Hates Martin Shkreli (and Is Missing the Point) 'February 6, 2016 3:41 pm'Kelefa Sanneh, New YorkerThe system may be broken, but why is it a pharmaceutical executiveÃ¢??s job to fix it? […]
- U.N.'s Protection of Assange Is Unjustified 'February 6, 2016 3:41 pm'Noah Feldman, BloombergWikileaks founder is the one evading the law, not the U.K. or Sweden. […]
- The Liberal Fantasy of Cultural Appropriation 'February 6, 2016 3:40 pm'Josh Gelernter, National Review OnlineSome academic leftists believe every culture has the exclusive right to its products. […]
- Is This Game Over for Assad's Enemies? 'February 6, 2016 3:40 pm'Nancy Youssef, The Daily BeastIf Aleppo falls, the Syrian war could quickly turn in President Bashar al-AssadÃ¢??s favorÃ¢??and spell the end for the rebel bid for freedom. […]
- The Transformation of John Kasich 'February 6, 2016 3:40 pm'Chrissie Thompson, Cincinnati EnquirerThe message hasn't changed during his Republican presidential campaign, but John Kasich has. […]
- Everyone Hates Martin Shkreli (and Is Missing the Point) 'February 6, 2016 3:41 pm'
- Are You Prepared to Survive in the Wilderness Alone? “Natural Shelter, Blend In” 'February 6, 2016 4:30 pm'These videos show how you can quickly build a reliable survival shelter, even by yourself with no supplies or equipment. […]Mac Slavo
- Nazi Occupation Replaces Militia Occupation in East Oregon: “Papers Examined Under Gunpoint” 'February 6, 2016 12:20 am'The East Oregon area is on lockdown, as every rancher in the area is keenly aware that any kind of perceived resistance will be met with extreme prejudice. […]Contributing Author
- Global Economy “Trapped in Death Spiral” According to Wall Street Bank 'February 5, 2016 11:34 pm'There are going to be a lot of people losing everything when this all explodes. […]Mac Slavo
- Obama Unleashes Open Border Free-for-All: “Might As Well Abolish Our Immigration Laws Altogether” 'February 5, 2016 8:56 pm'The days of civil unrest seem to be closing in. Will the system collapse on its own weight? […]Mac Slavo
- “Recovery” Has 45 Million Americans on Food Stamps As Bankers Pull “Greatest Heist in History” 'February 5, 2016 7:27 pm'More than half a decade into what is supposed to be a recovery, people are finally being forced to admit what this really is — large scale theft. […]Contributing Author
- Are You Prepared to Survive in the Wilderness Alone? “Natural Shelter, Blend In” 'February 6, 2016 4:30 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)