Can you imagine if New York Magazine – not exactly a hotbed of conservatism – had surveyed the Tea Party and emerged with this result? And this is just one bleak snapshot! No wonder the mainstream media buried it. From Are You Smarter than a Wall Street Occupier?
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- The Radical Left Rewrites the History of Civil Rights 'April 24, 2014 5:00 am'Why are Republicans so disinclined to respond forcefully to charges of racism. […]
- Global Warming and Settled Science 'April 24, 2014 5:00 am'Another inconvienent truth overlooked by anthropogenic warming supporters. […]
- China Stealing U.S. Chicken Industry 'April 24, 2014 5:00 am'With precious little pushback from our "betters" in Congress and the White House. […]
- On Gay Adoption, S.E. Cupp is Out to Lunch 'April 24, 2014 5:00 am'S.E. Cupp is one of the latest media figures to make a pitch on gay marriage and adoption. As is often the case, she throws out so many canards in this cocktail of insipidness, one scarcely knows where to begin. […]
- ObamaCare Destroying Marriages (before They Begin) 'April 24, 2014 5:00 am'We haven’t heard much lately about the “marriage penalty” in ObamaCare. […]
- The Radical Left Rewrites the History of Civil Rights 'April 24, 2014 5:00 am'
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: It’s ‘Dangerous’ to Want 'Big Government' to Disappear 'April 24, 2014 2:16 pm'"Politics so often felt dirty to me – all the lobbyists and the cozy dealings and the special favors for those who could buy access. But as I stood in the lobby outside Ted Kennedy's office, I felt as if I'd been washed clean," media favorite Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., said in her book. That quote sums up the message of Warren’s new […]Mike Ciandella
- George Clooney Engages In Profane Rant in Las Vegas Over His 'Longtime Friend' Barack Obama 'April 24, 2014 1:02 pm'Greg Gilman at The Wrap has the details on how actor George Clooney fiercely came to the defense of his "longtime friend" Barack Obama in an argument with Las Vegas casino mogul Steve Wynn two weeks ago. Wynn told the Las Vegas Review Journal that Clooney “got drunk” from downing tequila shots and stormed off after delivering an F-bomb. Clooney […]Tim Graham
- Scarborough, Who Branded Zimmerman A 'Murderer,' Condemns Conservatives Who 'Raced Blindly' To Support Him 'April 24, 2014 12:11 pm'If there was anyone in America who recklessly rushed to prematurely proclaim a position on George Zimmerman, it was Joe Scarborough. Before Zimmerman had even been arrested, at a time when even Al Sharpton was being relatively cautious with his language, Scarborough used his Morning Joe platform to brand Zimmerman a "murderer." But there was Scarb […]Mark Finkelstein
- Networks Continue to Ignore Obama Admin Considering Pardons for Thousands of Drug Offenders 'April 24, 2014 5:26 am'The broadcast networks have still not reported a new Justice Department initiative that would consider clemency for thousands of drug offenders. As NewsBusters reported on Tuesday, Monday evening's news casts ignored the story while Fox News reported it. The broadcast network blackout continued through Tuesday and Wednesday. Fox News continued with the […]Matt Hadro
- MSNBC's Melber: Tea Partiers Want to 'Make Sure More People Are Uninsured' 'April 24, 2014 5:03 am'On the Wednesday, April 23, The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC, guest host Ari Melber ignored concerns expressed for some time by conservatives that ObamaCare regulations would cause Americans to lose private health insurance plans they already had as the MSNBC host suggested that Tea Party Republicans do not care about people being uninsure […]Brad Wilmouth
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: It’s ‘Dangerous’ to Want 'Big Government' to Disappear 'April 24, 2014 2:16 pm'
- US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards 'April 24, 2014 9:35 pm'By RYAN NAKASHIMA LOS ANGELES (AP) — The nation's top telecoms regulator is proposing to allow a pay-for-priority fast lane for movies, music and other services to get to people's homes.read more […]superadm
- Amazon 1st quarter net income jumps 'April 24, 2014 9:35 pm'By MAE ANDERSON NEW YORK (AP) — Amazon first quarter profit rose 18 percent as shoppers continued to flock to the online mega retailer to buy goods. Results beat expectations and shares rose nearly 2 percent in aftermarket trading.read more […]superadm
- Christie says he would have stopped lane closings 'April 24, 2014 9:35 pm'By ANGELA DELLI SANTI BRICK, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he would have stopped aides from blocking George Washington Bridge traffic if he had known about the plan in advance.read more […]superadm
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste 'April 24, 2014 9:35 pm'By STEVEN DUBOIS PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — An Oregon commission has ordered a waste-to-power facility to stop accepting boxed medical waste after learning it might be using the remains of aborted fetuses from British Columbia to generate electricity.read more […]superadm
- Vermont ups the ante on genetically modified foods 'April 24, 2014 9:35 pm'By LISA RATHKE and DAVE GRAM MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Vermont lawmakers have passed the country's first state bill to require the labeling of genetically modified foods as such, setting up a war between the behemoth U.S. food industry and an American public that overwhelmingly approves of the idea.read more […]superadm
- US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards 'April 24, 2014 9:35 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- U.S. doctors purchasing unapproved foreign drugs 'July 4, 2012 3:11 am'CBS News' Armen Keteyian reports on American doctors purchasing cancer drugs from overseas that have not had FDA approval […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'
- Against Piketty's Global Wealth Tax 'April 24, 2014 7:06 pm'Tyler Cowen, Foreign AffairsEvery now and then, the field of economics produces an important book; this is one of them. Thomas Piketty’s tome will put capitalist wealth back at the center of public debate, resurrect interest in the subject of wealth distribution, and revolutionize how people view the history of income inequality. On top of that, although the […]
- The Power of Piketty's "Capital" 'April 24, 2014 7:04 pm'Eric Alterman, The NationIf you were among those who followed the reports on French economist Thomas Piketty’s US book tour in support of his university-press-published, 696-page, Marxism-tinged treatise on inequality, Capital in the Twenty-First Century, and taxed your brain trying to recall a remotely recent antecedent for the ensuing excitement, well, rel […]
- Is the U.S. Such a Bad Place for Women? 'April 24, 2014 7:00 pm'Mollie Hemingway, The FederalistWho could deny that the problems identified by feminists in America are serious? Here are just five recent examples of how bad women have it in the States, each followed by a look at a minor problem faced by women in other parts of the world. […]
- U.K. "Austerity" Update 'April 24, 2014 6:58 pm'Francis Menton, Manhattan ContrarianI haven't been reading too much lately about so-called "austerity" in the New York Times. Something must be up. Let's go look for some data. […]
- Sen. Shaheen Gets Defensive in N.H. 'April 24, 2014 6:56 pm'James Taranto, Wall Street JournalJeanne Shaheen, the senior senator from New Hampshire, won her seat by defeating a Republican incumbent in 2008. She was thought to have a safe seat this year, and most polls and observers still give her an edge, if a tenuous one, over likely GOP challenger Scott Brown. […]
- Against Piketty's Global Wealth Tax 'April 24, 2014 7:06 pm'
- Georgia Governor Signs Unprecedented “Guns Everywhere” Bill: Carry at Schools, Churches and Government Buildings 'April 23, 2014 10:27 pm'People who follow the rules can protect themselves and their families from people who don’t follow the rules. […]Mac Slavo
- Pre-Crime Systems Now Actively Monitoring the Internet: “The Computer Algorithm Learns the Pattern and Produces a Prediction” 'April 23, 2014 4:43 pm'The next generation of systems are being used to actively monitor your digital interactions, surfing habits, conversations and daily sentiment in an effort to predict your future behavior. […]Mac Slavo
- NY Homeland Security Encourages Businesses to Snitch on Preppers as Terrorists 'April 23, 2014 12:55 pm'You're now suspected of being a terrorist if you buy these common preparedness supplies... […]Contributing Author
- 18 Stats That Prove That Government Dependence Has Reached Epidemic Levels 'April 22, 2014 11:15 pm'We have become a nation that is completely and totally addicted to government money. […]Contributing Author
- Obamacare Success: Half of Georgia’s Insurance Enrollees Fail to Make Monthly Payment 'April 22, 2014 5:48 pm'This is what happens when you pass the bill without first reading the bill... The problem has always been paying for it. You've got to rely on the other individuals who already have health care to pay for that. […]Mac Slavo
- Georgia Governor Signs Unprecedented “Guns Everywhere” Bill: Carry at Schools, Churches and Government Buildings 'April 23, 2014 10:27 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)