Can you imagine if New York Magazine – not exactly a hotbed of conservatism – had surveyed the Tea Party and emerged with this result? And this is just one bleak snapshot! No wonder the mainstream media buried it. From Are You Smarter than a Wall Street Occupier?
help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Reforming Republican Nominations 'May 4, 2016 5:00 am'It's time to take a sledgehammer to the process Republican voters are so disgusted with. […]
- Women Will Determine the Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election 'May 4, 2016 5:00 am'In 2008 McCain won just 43% of the women’s vote compared to 56% for Barack Obama, the worst result for a Republican to date. With a female nominee for the Democrats in 2016, will this record be broken? […]
- Trump and Supporters Insult Our Intelligence 'May 4, 2016 5:00 am'The highest office in this country is now within reach of a man who has jettisoned any concern for truth and intelligence. […]
- I Want a President Who Can Teach Us to Accept Capitalism 'May 4, 2016 5:00 am'The dirty little secret of capitalism is that it can only work its magic and raise up the poor from indigence if you let it destroy the commanding heights of today’s economy. […]
- How to Fix DC's School Problem: Lose the Schools 'May 4, 2016 5:00 am'The District of Columbia was never meant to be a permanent residence for anybody. Congress should stop treating it as one. […]
- Reforming Republican Nominations 'May 4, 2016 5:00 am'
- Wait, What? ABC: Trump Is Like a ‘Greek’ God From ‘Mount Olympus’ 'May 4, 2016 3:38 pm'Good Morning America’s Matthew Dowd on Wednesday offered a weird analogy for the status of Donald Trump: He’s like a Greek god from Mount Olympus. The network analyst blurted, “It's almost as if this is out of Greek mythology, right?” […]Scott Whitlock
- CBS’s Rose Holds Up Daily News GOP Obituary During Interview With RNC Chair 'May 4, 2016 3:08 pm'During an interview with Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus on Wednesday’s CBS This Morning, co-host Charlie Rose gleefully held up a copy of the Daily News and read the mock obituary on the cover of the left-wing tabloid: “...it says, ‘Republican Party 1854-2016; Dearly beloved, we're gathered here today to mourn the GOP. A once grea […]Kyle Drennen
- AP Uses Soldier's Death to Smear His Grandfather (See Update) 'May 4, 2016 12:30 pm'The establishment press seemingly never misses an opportunity to smear a conservative's or businessperson's reputation upon their death. For those who need reminders, see how the Associated Press went after Tony Snow in 2008 and how the New York Times treated Cracker Barrel founder Danny Evins in 2012. Today, the AP took matters a step further, usi […]Tom Blumer
- RedState: Trump-Boosting Is Causing Fox to Lose to CNN 'May 4, 2016 12:21 pm'Leon Wolf at RedState notes that CNN is touting that it has beaten Fox News in the primetime ratings in the key age demographic of 25 to 54 in five of the last eight months. In all-day ratings in that demographic, CNN used to have less than half of Fox's overall viewership, but they now are behind Fox News by nine percent. Wolf says Trump-boosting is ea […]Tim Graham
- Telemundo: ‘Anti-Immigrant’ Sheriff Arpaio Has ‘Concentration Camps’ 'May 4, 2016 11:45 am'A federal appeals court ruling upholding Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s authority to enforce Arizona state law that makes it a felony for unauthorized immigrants to use stolen identities to obtain work has been bitterly denounced by the hosts of Telemundo’s morning show, Un Nuevo Día. […]Edgard Portela
- Wait, What? ABC: Trump Is Like a ‘Greek’ God From ‘Mount Olympus’ 'May 4, 2016 3:38 pm'
- Drugs possible in death of woman on 'Catfish' reality show 'May 3, 2016 10:45 pm'HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Drug use may have factored into the death of a woman who appeared on MTV's reality show "Catfish," police in Alabama said Tuesday. […]Associated Press
- Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins 'May 3, 2016 10:45 pm'PITTSBURGH (AP) — Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name. […]Associated Press
- Police: Hijacked bus strikes, kills pedestrian in DC 'May 3, 2016 10:45 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — A man attacked a city bus driver, stole the bus, then struck and killed a pedestrian after the vehicle jumped a curb at a gas station in Washington on Tuesday, police said. He was captured and brought to a hospital. […]Associated Press
- Court grants Brady extension to appeal Deflategate decision 'May 3, 2016 10:45 pm'NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Brady's lawyers will get another two weeks to appeal his "Deflategate" suspension. […]Associated Press
- Russian man dies at San Diego immigration detention center 'May 3, 2016 10:45 pm'SAN DIEGO (AP) — Authorities say a Russian man has died at a San Diego immigration detention center. The cause of death is undetermined. […]Associated Press
- Drugs possible in death of woman on 'Catfish' reality show 'May 3, 2016 10:45 pm'
- US Defense Sec'y Carter: Campaign Against IS 'Far From Over' 'May 4, 2016 7:39 am'U.S. Defense Secretary Carter says latest US death shows campaign against IS 'far from over' […]
- Royal Dutch Shell First Quarter Earnings Down 58 Percent. 'May 4, 2016 7:38 am'Royal Dutch Shell reported that first quarter earnings fell 58 percent as depressed oil prices continued to take a toll on the global energy giant […]
- Iranian Commander Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz to US 'May 4, 2016 7:36 am'Deputy commander of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard threatens to close Strait of Hormuz to US […]
- AP Top Entertainment News at 3:33 a.m. EDT 'May 4, 2016 7:34 am'AP Top Entertainment News at 3:33 a.m. EDT […]
- Graceland, Home of Elvis, Receives 20 Millionth Paid Visitor 'May 4, 2016 7:34 am'The operators of Graceland say the Memphis tourist attraction centered on the life and music of Elvis Presley has received its 20 millionth paid visitor […]
- US Defense Sec'y Carter: Campaign Against IS 'Far From Over' 'May 4, 2016 7:39 am'
- Lead poisoning victims possibly targeted to sign over settlement funds 'April 21, 2016 1:29 am'Lead poisoning victim Crystal Linton says she didn't understand what she was doing when she signed over her settlement money to a finance company; CBS News spoke to two dozen others in similar situations […]
- West Virginia doctor investigated for deaths in opioid epidemic 'April 14, 2016 1:45 am'Dr. Michael Kostenko has written more than 40,000 prescriptions for oxycodone in the last two years -- 3 of his patients have died […]
- Ex-Wounded Warrior employee on execs' firing: "It feels good" 'March 12, 2016 3:02 am'Critics of the Wounded Warrior Project -- including a former employee, a top donor, and the founders -- are speaking out about the firing of the CEO and COO […]
- Wounded Warrior Project execs fired 'March 11, 2016 3:28 am'The CEO and COO of America's largest veterans' charity canned following CBS News investigation into lavish spending practices […]
- Top Wounded Warrior donor calls for CEO's resignation 'March 4, 2016 4:19 am'After a CBS News investigation found just over half of donations to the Wounded Warrior Project go to helping wounded vets, donors are calling for major changes […]
- Lead poisoning victims possibly targeted to sign over settlement funds 'April 21, 2016 1:29 am'
- Why We Need a Foreign Policy Elite 'May 4, 2016 3:21 pm'Evan Thomas, New York TimesNO one, not even Donald J. Trump, vilified the Eastern elite more thanRichard M. Nixon. He particularly railed against Harvard. “None of them in the cabinet, do you understand? None of those Harvard bastards!” he bellowed at his chief of staff H. R. Haldeman. Yet when it came time to pick a national security adviser, he chose Henry […]
- How Obama's Economy Spawned Trump 'May 4, 2016 3:20 pm'William Galston, Wall Street JournalPresident Obama’s remarkable interview last week with the New York Times’s Andrew Ross Sorkin shows why historians are likely to assign Mr. Obama a share of responsibility for the rise of Donald Trump. To be sure, the president was dealt a tough hand in 2009, and he played it brilliantly at first. His much-criticized Treas […]
- The Myth of the Limousine Liberal 'May 4, 2016 3:17 pm'Alan Wolfe, The New RepublicSince the late nineteenth century, the United States has been blessed with two major religious ethics. Protestantism valued rapid economic growth and Social Darwinist individualism but, after all the money had been made, also left us with disinterested public service and generous philanthropy. Shaped in large part by peasant or pr […]
- Clinton in '98, Trump in '16: Protected by Voters 'May 4, 2016 3:13 pm'Steve Mitchell, RealClearPoliticsVoters are at times smarter than we pollsters think, and at other times, well, not as smart. In 1998, they showed us how smart they could be when they protected Bill Clinton from being removed from the Oval Office. Now, Republican voters are doing what they believe will protect the GOP from imploding: They are voting for Dona […]
- 7 Reasons Why Trump Could Win In November 'May 4, 2016 3:09 pm'Howard Fineman, Huffington PostSen. Bob Casey, a Democrat from Pennsylvania, lives along so many fault lines of American politics that he is especially sensitive to Trump tremors, which he fears could become an earthquake by November. “I’m concerned,” he said. “Beating Donald Trump won’t be as easy as it might look.” Casey is a pro-life Roman Catholic with a […]
- Why We Need a Foreign Policy Elite 'May 4, 2016 3:21 pm'
- GOP Concedes: Trump WILL BE The Nominee… “We’re Going After Hillary Clinton” 'May 4, 2016 8:15 am'A fed up electorate is up against a crumbling empire... and anyway you slice it, Trump's victory is historic. […]Mac Slavo
- The Skills That Will Really Matter After An Economic Meltdown 'May 4, 2016 1:37 am'People sometimes forget that the smallest and most convenient storage space is in their own heads. If you find yourself in the midst of a disaster and you need to either build or fix something, having the necessary knowledge and skills in your mind instead of in a book will hugely benefit your ability to survive. […]Contributing Author
- Judge Orders Mother’s Child To Be Snatched Because She Believes In “Chemtrails” 'May 3, 2016 7:57 pm'What’s next? Taking people’s kids because they don’t agree with the “consensus” on man-made global warming? […]Contributing Author
- Should You Be Shorting The 2016 Elections? [The Playbook For Political Atheists] 'May 3, 2016 5:48 pm'I hate to break it to you, but the tax breaks, the bread and circuses, the troops coming home, and a million other things aren't really tied to the election either. Your candidate is not going to “save” America. You’re not getting a shout out. You’re not going to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. for dinner. Sorry. […]Contributing Author
- Russia Has Been Encircled And Pushed To The Brink Of War: “They Have Exercised Remarkable Restraint” 'May 3, 2016 4:29 pm'Russia is no shrinking violet, and this time we’re going to receive at least as well as we give. […]Contributing Author
- GOP Concedes: Trump WILL BE The Nominee… “We’re Going After Hillary Clinton” 'May 4, 2016 8:15 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)