help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Academics Are The Less Visible Enemy of School Choice 'February 28, 2015 6:00 am'School choice prevents elite academics from having full control of the variables in their social experiment -- American children -- and we must be vigilant in defending it. […]
- Why Don't Liberals Care About Black-on-Black Killing? 'February 28, 2015 6:00 am'When it comes to blacks killing each other in the inner city, liberals worry about racism […]
- Arrested Development and the Internet 'February 28, 2015 6:00 am'A courageous broadside at cyber culture, a dose of reality therapy for the Internet, social networks, video gaming, cyber gadgets, and the damage they might do to malleable, developing minds. […]
- Making the Moral Case for Fossil Fuels 'February 28, 2015 6:00 am'Amidst the hysteria surrounding claims of global warming and campaigns to stop fossil fuel use, the question should be raised, “What ultimately benefits human life?” […]
- The Delusional and Disastrous Triple Point of White House Climatology 'February 28, 2015 6:00 am'The "triple point." It's bad in meteorology, but it's worse in politics. […]
- Academics Are The Less Visible Enemy of School Choice 'February 28, 2015 6:00 am'
- Frank Rich: Ben Carson a ‘Front Man For the GOP’s Movement to Strike at the Heart of Democracy’ 'February 28, 2015 9:37 pm'The writer-at-large for New York magazine identifies Carson as the latest of the Republican party’s three “Great Black Presidential Hopes,” but argues that Carson is more significant than Alan Keyes or Herman Cain because he’d be running “in the context of both restrictive voting laws and the retro civil-rights jurisprudence of the John Roberts” Supreme Cour […]Tom Johnson
- Somebody’s Gotta Do It – CNN's Mike Rowe Pays Tribute to Navy Seabees 'February 28, 2015 6:42 pm'Mike Rowe, show host of CNN’s Somebody’s Gotta Do It, is known for his own hard work and appreciating hard work. That’s why it shouldn’t come as a surprise that he praised one of the hardest working groups (and often the most overlooked) groups around– the Navy Seabees. Do you know about the Navy Seabees? If not, no worries. Their work is rarely on the fro […]Tim Graham
- The Real Lesson of the Bill O'Reilly Episode 'February 28, 2015 4:54 pm'The moment I heard that David Corn of Mother Jones had some sort of story about Bill O'Reilly's career from decades ago? It shouldn't be rocket science to understand on the spot that this was all about politics. There is a lesson from all of this O'Reilly story, a reminder of exactly how the American Left works. Make no mistake. This stor […]Tim Graham
- CBS Slants Left As It Spotlights Campus Concealed Carry Issue 'February 28, 2015 4:01 pm'Friday's CBS This Morning surprisingly covered a proposed bill in Florida that would allow college students with concealed firearms permits to carry their weapons onto campus. Michelle Miller spotlighted a Florida State University graduate student who backs the bill. However, Miller also featured two opponents of such "campus carry" legislatio […]Matthew Balan
- Oops! New York Times Reviewer Admits 'Fetus' Can Have Rights 'February 28, 2015 3:51 pm'Janet Maslin has been reviewing movies and books for The New York Times for several decades, and up until now she has faithfully towed the newspaper's line on abortion. Then she slipped. In a book review about a Chinese abortionist, she noted that once the "fetus" was born, "she has no right to take its life anymore." […]Tim Graham
- Frank Rich: Ben Carson a ‘Front Man For the GOP’s Movement to Strike at the Heart of Democracy’ 'February 28, 2015 9:37 pm'
- Senator: Venezuela frees 4 North Dakota missionaries 'February 28, 2015 10:36 pm'DEVILS LAKE, N.D. (AP) — Sen. John Hoeven says Venezuela has released four missionaries from North Dakota whom it detained several days ago.read more […]superadm
- Tiny Missouri town mourns after gunman kills 7, then himself 'February 28, 2015 10:36 pm'By JIM SALTER […]superadm
- Stolen No. 44 NASCAR race car found in suburban Atlanta 'February 28, 2015 10:36 pm'By PAUL NEWBERRY […]superadm
- Annual report offers new clues about Buffett's successor 'February 28, 2015 10:36 pm'OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Investor Warren Buffett says his company delivered another strong year, with $19.9 billion in profits, and he believes Berkshire Hathaway will continue thriving thanks to its collection of "remarkable businesses" and investments.read more […]superadm
- Police: Man, 60, crushed to death at Ohio machine shop 'February 28, 2015 10:36 pm'AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Police say a 60-year-old man has been crushed to death at a machine shop in Ohio. An Akron police spokesman said the accident occurred sometime between 10 p.m. Friday and around 4:45 a.m. Saturday, when co-workers found him. The spokesman says co-workers used a crane to lift a large metal frame off the victim.read more […]superadm
- Senator: Venezuela frees 4 North Dakota missionaries 'February 28, 2015 10:36 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Obama's Keystone Veto Message Difficult to Believe 'February 28, 2015 5:56 pm'[…]
- Undermining Children's Insurance 'February 28, 2015 5:54 pm'[…]
- Netanyahu Hurts Israel by Wading Into U.S. Politics 'February 28, 2015 5:53 pm'[…]
- The Murder of Boris Nemtsov 'February 28, 2015 5:52 pm'[…]
- France's Anti-Terror, Free-Market Socialist 'February 28, 2015 5:51 pm'Sohrab Ahmari, Wall St. Jrnl‘France has been struck very much at its heart by terrorism—jihadist terrorism and radical Islamism, because let us call things like they are.” […]
- Obama's Keystone Veto Message Difficult to Believe 'February 28, 2015 5:56 pm'
- Obama’s Stealth AR-15 Gun Ban Targets Ammo: “No One Can Import, Sell or Even Produce It” 'February 27, 2015 10:48 pm'President Obama has adamantly stuck to one key promise – the one he made to the Brady Center to pursue gun control 'under the radar.' […]Mac Slavo
- Full Scale Simulation: New Study Reveals Where To Go When Civilization Collapses: “Head For The Hills” 'February 27, 2015 6:15 am'If there is ever an outbreak in the United States we are largely doomed, according to researchers. […]Mac Slavo
- The Federal Reserve Has Unleashed a “Virus Of Radical Monetary Policy”… and There’s No Going Back 'February 26, 2015 10:30 pm'The Federal Reserve unleashed a "virus" on global markets resulting is widespread distortions, and making economic life tough on the average person. […]Mac Slavo
- “None of the Above”: Senator Wants Message of No Confidence on the Ballot 'February 26, 2015 8:07 pm'Voters have been almost helpless to "throw out the bums" even after realizing how corrupt and unlikeable they are. […]Mac Slavo
- The Controllers Are Terrified of a Federal Reserve Audit: “Too Important to Be Influenced by the People” 'February 25, 2015 9:58 pm'Janet Yellen is very alarmed that some members of Congress want to conduct a comprehensive audit of the Federal Reserve for the first time since it was created. […]Contributing Author
- Obama’s Stealth AR-15 Gun Ban Targets Ammo: “No One Can Import, Sell or Even Produce It” 'February 27, 2015 10:48 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)