help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Political Correctness puts Americans in Grave Danger 'June 27, 2016 5:00 am'Fort Hood, Boston, San Bernardino, Orlando... when will we learn? […]
- The GOP's Death Wish 'June 27, 2016 5:00 am'The Republican Party is hell-bent on turning its electoral good fortune into almost certain defeat – and not just defeat, but wipe-out. […]
- Don't Libertarians Believe in Liberty? 'June 27, 2016 5:00 am'If the Libertarian Party actually believes in limited government, the faces of the party have made dubious comments by speaking so highly of Obama and Clinton. […]
- A Twilight for Entitlements? 'June 27, 2016 5:00 am'Federal entitlements like Medicare and Social Security are ripping off the X, Y and Z generation voters who re-elected Obama in 2012. […]
- The Warrior and the Wonk: A Tale of Two House Speakers 'June 27, 2016 5:00 am'Gingrich versus Ryan – the best example out there of bold colors versus pale pastels. […]
- Political Correctness puts Americans in Grave Danger 'June 27, 2016 5:00 am'
- CBS's Face the Nation Notes Embarrassing News on Clinton Email Investigation 'June 27, 2016 12:11 am'On Sunday, CBS's Face the Nation took a moment to note the latest embarrassing revelations in the Hillary Clinton email investigation, as ABC's This Week and NBC's Meet the Press both ignored the finding. Even CBS buried the development at the end of its roundtable segment, as host John Dickerson hurriedly raised the issue, referring to it as […]Brad Wilmouth
- AP Journalist Wants Us to Believe Ignorant Brexit 'Leave' Voters Really Didn't Mean It 'June 26, 2016 11:11 pm'An example of how unhinged press bias builds on itself was on display Sunday morning on CNN's Inside Politics. Associated Press reporter Lisa Lerer told other panel members who were criticizing Hillary Clinton for her lack of an in-person public statement on the the results of Thursday's Brexit referendum that they should doubt the legitimacy of th […]Tom Blumer
- Professor: Both Hillary and Republicans Run ‘Hysteria’-Based Campaigns 'June 26, 2016 8:47 pm'Penn State prof Sophia McClennen, a Bernie Sanders backer, really dislikes Hillary Clinton. “We are literally watching the Clinton campaign drain any claim to nuance, critical thinking, reasoned logic, and attention to facts from the Democratic party,” alleged McClennen in a recent screed for Salon. “The fact that Clinton is now the favorite of many on the r […]Tom Johnson
- Ha Ha? Al Sharpton Jokes Fox News Would 'Make Me Drink from a Separate Water Fountain' 'June 26, 2016 7:54 pm'Eddie Scarry at the Washington Examiner reports MSNBC weekend host Rev. Al Sharpton made some rude jokes about Fox News at a Kennedy Center “roast” for James Carville. "It's better than Fox," Sharpton said of his MSNBC gig. "Because over there, they'd make me drink from a separate water fountain." […]Tim Graham
- Fareed Zakaria: The Anti-Brexit Media Was Biased 'in Favor of Facts' 'June 26, 2016 7:16 pm'After spending the start of his own CNN show condemning the supporters of Brexit for being ignorant racists, Fareed Zakaria appeared on Reliable Sources to condemn pro-Brexit papers. The disgraced reporter admitted that the media does “tend to be, probably, left of center,” but argued the real bias is that, “the media does have a bias in favor of facts.” Zak […]Nicholas Fondacaro
- CBS's Face the Nation Notes Embarrassing News on Clinton Email Investigation 'June 27, 2016 12:11 am'
- Asian stocks mixed as markets await Brexit fallout 'June 27, 2016 7:00 am'BEIJING (AP) — Japanese and Chinese stocks rose Monday but other Asian markets declined and U.S. shares appeared headed for a lower opening as jittery traders watched for more fallout from Britain's vote to exit the European Union. […]Associated Press
- Netanyahu lauds benefits of normalizing ties with Turkey 'June 27, 2016 7:00 am'ROME (AP) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says his nation's agreement with Turkey to normalize ties will have immense implications for the Israeli economy. […]Associated Press
- Alaska rafting deaths highlight response challenges 'June 27, 2016 7:00 am'ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — The recent deaths of two women during a rafting excursion illustrate not only how unpredictably dangerous Alaska's wilderness can be, but also how limited resources are in the nation's largest state. […]Associated Press
- Pilot faulted in plane's crash while filming zombie movie 'June 27, 2016 7:00 am'OCALA, Fla. (AP) — Federal investigators have issued a report faulting a pilot for the 2014 crash of an experimental plane during filming of a zombie movie in Florida. […]Associated Press
- Murray-Lendl partnership among things to know at Wimbledon 'June 27, 2016 7:00 am'LONDON (AP) — Andy Murray was part of the first wave of top tennis players who hired former stars of the game as coaches, striking up a successful partnership with Ivan Lendl that resulted in two Grand Slam titles, including at Wimbledon in 2013. […]Associated Press
- Asian stocks mixed as markets await Brexit fallout 'June 27, 2016 7:00 am'
- The Latest: Sigurdsson Scores for Iceland 'June 27, 2016 7:09 pm'GOAL: Ragnar Sigurdsson scores for Iceland in the sixth minute […]
- Coal Terminal Plan Pits Jobs Against Environmental Concerns 'June 27, 2016 7:09 pm'A scheduled vote in Northern California is expected to decide whether to ban rail shipments of coal over concerns it would pose a public health or safety hazard […]
- Djokovic Wins Opener; as Does British 772nd-Ranked Qualifier 'June 27, 2016 7:08 pm'Novak Djokovic raced to a 6-0, 3-0 lead, then held firm the rest of the way as he opened his bid for a third straight Wimbledon title and fifth straight Grand Slam championship with a straight-set win over Britain's James Ward on Monday […]
- Allina Health Offers New Contract Proposal to Union Nurses 'June 27, 2016 7:07 pm'Allina Health says it's offering a new contract proposal to its union nurses who staff five hospitals in the Twin Cities area […]
- ANALYSIS: Poll Shows Deep Hole for Trump, With Room to Dig 'June 27, 2016 7:06 pm'The poll also suggests that Trump’s campaign can further alienate voters. […]
- The Latest: Sigurdsson Scores for Iceland 'June 27, 2016 7:09 pm'
- Feds investigating insurance fraud that duped U.S. military 'June 10, 2016 1:38 am'CBS News investigation showed how U.S. military have been tricked into getting unnecessary medical tests that are billed to Pentagon's insurance plan […]
- U.S. military members duped to help pull off insurance fraud 'June 9, 2016 1:29 am'CBS News is exposing an insurance scam where taxpayers are the victims; and U.S. military members are tricked into helping pull off the fraud […]
- West Virginia AG's past with drug companies questioned 'June 3, 2016 1:29 am'Patrick Morrisey was once a lobbyist representing pharmaceutical trade group funded by some drug distributors that West Virginia is now suing in opioid crisis […]
- Lead poisoning victims possibly targeted to sign over settlement funds 'April 21, 2016 1:29 am'Lead poisoning victim Crystal Linton says she didn't understand what she was doing when she signed over her settlement money to a finance company; CBS News spoke to two dozen others in similar situations […]
- West Virginia doctor investigated for deaths in opioid epidemic 'April 14, 2016 1:45 am'Dr. Michael Kostenko has written more than 40,000 prescriptions for oxycodone in the last two years -- 3 of his patients have died […]
- Feds investigating insurance fraud that duped U.S. military 'June 10, 2016 1:38 am'
- The Campus Free Speech Problem No One's Talking About 'June 27, 2016 12:31 pm'Mary Eberstadt, FederalistDuring the past few years, responding to ever-more draconian codes on secular campuses aimed at constraining free speech, dissenting voices have been raised here and there across the political spectrum, defending free expression and free association for all. This addition of conscientious objection outside conservative and religious […]
- Orlando Attack, Sanders Staying In: How They Affect Polls 'June 27, 2016 11:48 am'Cannon & Brady, RCPAre candidates more important than the issues in 2016—or is the other way around? A new survey by YouGov unearths evidence for both hypotheses, while providing intriguing hints about the mood of the 2016 electorate. In partnership with RealClearPolitics, YouGov conducted “reconnect” interviews with its survey sample in an effort to det […]
- Keep Calm and Go Slow After Britain's Decision 'June 27, 2016 11:46 am'[…]
- Britain's Exit Writes a Hard Lesson for Elites 'June 27, 2016 11:46 am'[…]
- Paul Ryan's Flimsy Health Plan 'June 27, 2016 11:45 am'[…]
- The Campus Free Speech Problem No One's Talking About 'June 27, 2016 12:31 pm'
- Doug Casey Warns Of Crisis This Year: “We’re Going Back Into The Hurricane… Gold Will Go Higher Than Most People Can Imagine” 'June 26, 2016 10:16 pm'By the time this market ends there's going to be a mania in gold, where everybody is going to be talking about it at cocktail parties and touting mining stocks to each other. […]Mac Slavo
- Congressman: Only Politicians Need Firearms for Protection 'June 26, 2016 12:50 am'It's been pointed out by Second Amendment supporters for years, that the wealthy and famous liberals who say they hate gun so much, are typically flanked by professionally trained and armed security guards at all times. […]Contributing Author
- The Next Round of Stimulus Will Shock You: “Prepare For Chaos” 'June 25, 2016 1:54 am'While I can’t predict what central bankers will do, I can assume, using the past as my guide, that a good-purposed “imaginative stimulus” is about to commence, and this option will shock you. […]Contributing Author
- Domino Effect: Brexit Will Trigger More Referendums and “The EU Will Crumble to Pieces” 'June 24, 2016 9:35 pm'Calls for referendums to exit the EU are already swelling in Italy, France, Sweden and Germany, fueled by anger over economics, migration and terrorism. […]Mac Slavo
- Army of Armed Bureaucrats Now Outnumber U.S. Marines: “IRS Agents Carry AR-15s” 'June 24, 2016 6:15 pm'There are over 40 government agencies that are currently armed to the teeth, and the IRS even has armed "special agents" walking around with AR-15s. […]Contributing Author
- Doug Casey Warns Of Crisis This Year: “We’re Going Back Into The Hurricane… Gold Will Go Higher Than Most People Can Imagine” 'June 26, 2016 10:16 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)