help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Eminent Domain Trumps your Property Rights 'October 9, 2015 5:00 am'If “In God We Trust” were not our national motto, it just might be, “Let the man have his house.” […]
- A Nation of Discontent 'October 9, 2015 5:00 am'The nation’s political, academic and corporate classes, whose lifestyles have never been better than they are today, are surprised and dumbfounded by the widespread public discontent and anger. […]
- Commonsense Gun Reforms 'October 9, 2015 5:00 am'Decades of increasingly intrusive anti-gun policy have distorted the American personal weapons market by making it increasingly costly for the law abiding to have or use weapons, […]
- Some 'Routine' Questions for Obama 'October 9, 2015 5:00 am'Obama's comments about Umpqua before knowing any facts were misleading, insulting and embarrassing […]
- What Did The Founders Mean by 'Due Process of Law?' 'October 9, 2015 5:00 am'Hint: SCOTUS to the contrary, it had nothing to do with same-sex marriage […]
- Eminent Domain Trumps your Property Rights 'October 9, 2015 5:00 am'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Teaches True Feminism 'October 9, 2015 9:46 am'Despite the implied nudity in the show’s opening scene, this episode, "I Choose You," of Grey's Anatomy actually earns a pat on the back for proving that Hollywood writers get it right every now and then. What caught my attention is that this episode explains true feminism quite well. Instead of victimhood being promoted as Meredith realizes s […]Matt Philbin
- How to Get Away with Sex on Network TV 'October 9, 2015 8:29 am'How to Get Away with Murder is back at it again, going over the top with sex stuff. The whole episode was dedicated to sex, even the title of the episode is a reference to a sex act – “It’s Called The Octopus.” As the show creator Pete Nowalk said, “Sex is part of the framework of the show.” The client of the week for defense attorney Annalise (Viola Davis) […]Matt Philbin
- FX's 'American Horror Story: Hotel' is Beyond Graphic in its Sexual Display 'October 9, 2015 4:21 am'In my extremely limited time watching FX’s American Horror Story I’ve learned one thing, and that’s that the apparent goal of the new season, titled American Horror Story: Hotel, is to make me the most uncomfortable I have ever been watching a TV show. And it’s working. […]Dylan Gwinn
- CNN's King Finds Tea Partiers Have GOP in 'Hostage Crisis,' Don't Grasp Civics 101 'October 9, 2015 3:31 am'As CNN's John King made appearances on the news network on Thursday to discuss the race to replace House Speaker John Boehner, the CNN correspondent suggested that conservative Tea Party members lack understanding of Civics 101 in trying to press their agenda in the House. In a later appearance, after the announcement that Rep. Kevin McCarthy was droppi […]Brad Wilmouth
- NBC's Ayman Mohyeldin Wins MRC 2015 Gala Quote of the Year 'October 9, 2015 2:51 am'WASHINGTON, D.C. -- A raucous crowd of nearly 800 attendees at Thursday night's 2015 Media Research Center Gala and DisHonors Awards dinner gave the dubious honor of Quote of the Year to NBC's Ayman Mohyeldin for this gem in which he trashed late U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle as having gone on "killing sprees" during his tours of duty. […]Ken Shepherd
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Teaches True Feminism 'October 9, 2015 9:46 am'
- The Latest: Palestinian shot after attacking Israeli guard 'October 9, 2015 11:05 am'JERUSALEM (AP) — The latest developments in ongoing tensions between Palestinians and Israelis following days of violence. (all times local) […]Associated Press
- Thai beauty queen to dress like a tuk-tuk at Miss Universe 'October 9, 2015 11:05 am'BANGKOK (AP) — The smoke-belching, ear-splitting, undisciplined rickshaws known as tuk-tuks are part of the chaos on Bangkok's clogged streets. […]Associated Press
- Israel on high alert as stabbing attacks continue 'October 9, 2015 11:05 am'JERUSALEM (AP) — A rash of individual attacks between Palestinians and Israelis threatened to spread throughout Israel Friday as a 14-year-old Israeli and a police officer were stabbed in separate incidents while an Israeli stabbed four Arabs in the southern city of Dimona. […]Associated Press
- Belarus independent journalists targeted ahead of election 'October 9, 2015 11:05 am'MINSK, Belarus (AP) — A secret apartment in an old Minsk building has become just the latest risky place for journalists from the independent Belsat television station to work. […]Associated Press
- Judge tosses conviction in infamous '90 NYC tourist killing 'October 9, 2015 11:05 am'NEW YORK (AP) — A judge has thrown out the conviction of man who has spent a quarter-century behind bars in a notorious New York City tourist killing. The ruling means a new trial in a case that helped crystallize an era of crime and fear in the nation's biggest city. […]Associated Press
- The Latest: Palestinian shot after attacking Israeli guard 'October 9, 2015 11:05 am'
- Tunisian Democracy Group Wins Nobel Peace Prize 'October 9, 2015 11:23 am'The National Dialogue Quartet, democracy group in Tunisia, wins Nobel Peace Prize […]
- Global Stocks Rally on Expectations of Fed Rate Hike Delay 'October 9, 2015 11:23 am'World stock markets extend gains on expectations Fed won't raise interest rates this year […]
- Officials: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded in University Shooting in Ariz. 'October 9, 2015 11:23 am'Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in shooting at Northern Arizona University […]
- Baby Killed in Crossfire Highlights Surge in Gun Violence 'October 9, 2015 11:21 am'Five-month-old Aavielle Wakefield was shot to death in Cleveland. […]
- Vote: Councilman to Become Memphis' 1st White Mayor Since 91 'October 9, 2015 11:21 am'Councilman edges incumbent for Memphis mayor; set to become city's 1st white mayor in decades […]
- Tunisian Democracy Group Wins Nobel Peace Prize 'October 9, 2015 11:23 am'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Kevin McCarthy Falls to a Conservative Coup 'October 9, 2015 11:17 am'Dana Milbank, Washington PostNow a band of about three dozen conservative hardliners, exploiting the partisan divide, has essentially hijacked the chamber, reducing the speaker’s role to that of a figurehead subservient to their wishes. This isn’t a leadership battle; it’s a coup. The real question, then, is not why Kevin McCarthy withdrew from the race. It […]
- Reallocating GOP Outsiders' Support: An Interactive Tool 'October 9, 2015 11:15 am'David Byler, RCPBack in August, the Washington Post’s Philip Rucker wrote that America was experiencing “the summer of the political outsider,” citing the success of presidential hopefuls Donald Trump and Ben Carson, who don’t fit the mold of a traditional candidate. And if the polls are any indication, we’re now in the “fall of the political outsider.” Trum […]
- Another Massacre, Another Charade 'October 9, 2015 11:01 am'Charles Krauthammer, Washington PostThere’s the cycle of poverty. There’s the cycle of violence. And then there’s the cycle of gun talk. It starts with a mass shooting. Gun-control advocates blame the deaths on gun-control opponents, who argue, in turn, that none of the proposed restrictions would have had any effect on the incident in question. The debate g […]
- Shows of Strength From Trump and Putin 'October 9, 2015 10:59 am'Peggy Noonan, Wall Street JournalThoughts on two strongmen: Donald Trump has entered his second act. His polls, sometimes characterized as weakening, are in fact strong. As Bloomberg’s John Heilemann said on “Morning Joe,” if Jeb Bush had Mr. Trump’s numbers everyone would declare the race over. This week Quinnipiac had Mr. Trump solidly leading his GOP riva […]
- The Real Benghazi Investigation 'October 9, 2015 10:55 am'Kimberley Strassel, Wall Street JournalKevin McCarthy unexpectedly withdrew from the House speaker’s race on Thursday, a casualty of a fractured Republican conference. The Californian didn’t do much to inspire confidence last week when he suggested that the House Benghazi committee had been designed to attack Hillary Clinton. One pity of the McCarthy comment […]
- Kevin McCarthy Falls to a Conservative Coup 'October 9, 2015 11:17 am'
- Why a Prepper Homestead Isn’t a Good Plan for Survival: “Raising Your Own Food Takes Time” 'October 8, 2015 10:52 pm'The real truth is, raising your own food takes time – do not START after the SHTF. If a self-reliant homestead is your survival strategy, you need to start now. […]Contributing Author
- Congress Declares Martial Law as Dollar Rapidly Collapsing: “Living in Last Days of This Republic.” 'October 8, 2015 7:50 pm'The dollar is now an unwanted export commodity. […]Mac Slavo
- Report: Is China Preparing For a Land Of Invasion Of the West Coast Of the United States? 'October 8, 2015 5:02 pm'The scale and complexity of these maneuvers lends to reason that a much bigger target must be in China's sights. […]Contributing Author
- Exposure to Toxic Derivatives Threatens to Unleash “Financial Weapons of Mass Destruction“ 'October 8, 2015 2:14 pm'One very large financial institution that appears to be in serious trouble with these financial weapons of mass destruction is Glencore. […]Contributing Author
- Mayor Searched, Stripped of Electronics: “Being US Citizen Did Not Entitle Me to Rights That I Probably Thought” 'October 7, 2015 9:30 pm'Mayor Silva was forced to hand over his electronics and passwords. "As I was being searched, I briefly had to remind myself... this is the land of the free." […]Contributing Author
- Why a Prepper Homestead Isn’t a Good Plan for Survival: “Raising Your Own Food Takes Time” 'October 8, 2015 10:52 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)