help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Time for America to stand behind Sony 'December 19, 2014 6:00 am'The theaters that dropped The Interview bowed to dangerous thugs. They should reverse course and proudly show the film. […]
- The Republicans' Road to Rovetown 'December 19, 2014 6:00 am'We shouldn’t hitch our wagon, or the future of the American idea, to Rove’s lonely and burnt out star. […]
- Supporting Repression and Torture in Cuba 'December 19, 2014 6:00 am'Americans must wake up to the fact our president has a preference for authoritarian regimes and will not work to support democratic movements in Cuba any more than he has anywhere else in the world. […]
- Do Black Lives Really Matter to Liberals? 'December 19, 2014 6:00 am'Here's what is really destroying black lives – and what liberals could not care less about. […]
- Kerry: Lose that Limp-Shrimp Pink Tie! 'December 19, 2014 6:00 am'How will the nuke-pursuing Iranians take you seriously in that getup? […]
- Time for America to stand behind Sony 'December 19, 2014 6:00 am'
- Nation Writer’s Farewell to The Colbert Report: ‘I Laugh So Hard I Cry, and In Crying, I Swoon’ 'December 20, 2014 3:10 am'Leslie Savan writes that “as a character, and not merely a critic, of the right, [Stephen] Colbert held a unique key to the riddle of modern conservatism: How do they keep getting away with it? Why have so many conservatives turned into such small-minded haters and deniers of science, of reality?” […]Tom Johnson
- Glenn Greenwald Claims Dick Cheney Should Be in Prison Instead of on 'Meet the Press' 'December 19, 2014 10:28 pm'During an interview on the HuffPoLive program on Thursday morning, radical-left reporter Glenn Greenwald slammed former vice president Dick Cheney for saying that the interrogation tactics used by George W. Bush's administration have “worked now for 13 years,” and “I'd do it again in a minute.” Greenwald, who is best known for his connection with N […]Randy Hall
- Associated Press, Media Analyst Call ABC Meteorologist Weather “Pornographer” for Not Hyping Climate Change Enough 'December 19, 2014 9:00 pm'In an Associated Press article, a climate alarmist accused a female ABC meteorologist of being “more like a pornographer” than a weather forecaster – all because she didn’t tie weather events to climate change often enough for his liking. According to the article, discussing weather events without throwing in at least some climate change scaremongering is “w […]Mike Ciandella
- CNN's Don Lemon: Obamas Are 'Closest Thing We Have to Royalty' 'December 19, 2014 8:18 pm'CNN's Don Lemon on Thursday insisted that Barack and Michelle Obama are the "closest thing we have to royalty." […]Scott Whitlock
- Year-End Awards: The Move Along, Nothing to See Here Award, for Denying Obama’s Scandals 'December 19, 2014 7:11 pm'The MRC's “Best Notable Quotables of 2014” looks back at the worst media bias of the year. Each day, NewsBusters will present the "winners" of a different award. Today's category: "The Move Along, Nothing to See Here Award, for Denying Obama's Scandals." […]Rich Noyes
- Nation Writer’s Farewell to The Colbert Report: ‘I Laugh So Hard I Cry, and In Crying, I Swoon’ 'December 20, 2014 3:10 am'
- Driver pleads not guilty in pedestrian deaths 'December 20, 2014 1:36 am'[…]superadm
- Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 'December 20, 2014 1:36 am'MIAMI (AP) — Same-sex weddings may soon begin in Florida after the U.S. Supreme Court refused to block them.read more […]superadm
- Howe's family reports rapid improvement 'December 20, 2014 1:36 am'By NOAH TRISTER DETROIT (AP) — Gordie Howe's family says the hockey great has made a dramatic improvement after he participated in a stem cell clinical trial. The 86-year-old Howe had a serious stroke in late October, but in a statement released through the Detroit Red Wings on Friday, his family said his physical therapists have been "astonished […]superadm
- Obama calls on women only at news conference 'December 20, 2014 1:35 am'By DARLENE SUPERVILLE WASHINGTON (AP) — Something was missing from President Barack Obama's year-end news conference. Male questioners. Obama called on eight White House correspondents during the 52 minutes he spent answering questions in the briefing room on Friday, several hours before he departed with his family for their annual Christmas vacation in […]superadm
- FDA approves AbbVie combo hepatitis C treatment 'December 20, 2014 1:35 am'By The Associated Press WASHINGTON, D.C. (AP) — Patients with chronic hepatitis C have a new option for treating the liver-damaging virus, with the approval of a combination treatment developed by AbbVie. The Food and Drug Administration approved the sale of a packaged treatment called Viekira (vee-KEE'-rah) Pak made by AbbVie Inc. of North Chicago, Ill […]superadm
- Driver pleads not guilty in pedestrian deaths 'December 20, 2014 1:36 am'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Stephen Hawking's God-Haunted Movie 'December 19, 2014 10:17 pm'Robert Barron, RealClearReligionThe great British physicist Stephen Hawking has emerged in recent years as a poster boy for atheism, and his heroic struggles against the ravages of Lou Gehrig's disease have made him something of a secular saint. The new bio-pic A Theory of Everything does indeed engage in a fair amount of Hawking-hagiography, but it is […]
- George Clooney on Hollywood's Cowardice 'December 19, 2014 10:14 pm'Mike Fleming, DeadlineEXCLUSIVE: As it begins to dawn on everyone in Hollywood the reality that Sony Pictures was the victim of a cyberterrorist act perpetrated by a hostile foreign nation on American soil, questions will be asked about how and why it happened, ending with Sony cancelling the theatrical release of the satirical comedy The Interview because o […]
- Why Aren't We Retaliating for Sony Cyberattack? 'December 19, 2014 10:12 pm'Yishai Schwartz, TNROn Wednesday, Sony cancelled the release of its latest mediocre Seth Rogen comedy, The Interview, in the face of terrorism threats from hackers who had been wreaking havoc on the company since late November. Reportedly, American intelligence officials are convinced that the North Korean government was “centrally involved," but they s […]
- Eric Holder's Exit Interview 'December 19, 2014 10:04 pm'Joy-Ann Reid, New York MagazineWith protests still raging over recent police shootings of unarmed black men and boys, and over the legal system’s seeming paralysis in the face of police-prosecutor solidarity, the nation’s first African-American attorney general began a farewell tour that was also a last-gasp effort to start making things right. Last week the […]
- What Will Obama's Legacy Be? 'December 19, 2014 9:39 pm'Lynn Sweet, RCP Changing Lanes Carl Cannon asks Lynn Sweet about President Obama's place in history. […]
- Stephen Hawking's God-Haunted Movie 'December 19, 2014 10:17 pm'
- Sony Hackers Make New Demands… This Is What Happens When You Negotiate With Terrorists 'December 20, 2014 1:33 am'In the spirit of Kim Jong Il, Un and the rest of the world's dictators, the hackers now want all traces of the movie's existence removed from the annals of history... or else. […]Mac Slavo
- Dear Santa: Super Cool Last Minute Gifts: “Everyone Needs a War Hammer” 'December 19, 2014 6:11 pm'Here are some things that just might blow them away this year. […]Mac Slavo
- Wounded Bear: Putin Lashes Out at Economic Woes, U.S. Imperialism, “Certain Situation to Improve Within 2 Years” 'December 19, 2014 1:27 am'With the ruble free falling value, Putin boldly proclaimed Russia would recover within a few short years, hanging blame on "external factors" (aka the U.S.) […]Mac Slavo
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Amnesty: “Obama’s Unilateral Action Violates Separation of Powers… is Unconstitutional” 'December 18, 2014 5:21 pm'A federal judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania used a deportation case to probe the constitutionality of President Obama's executive order on amnesty. […]Mac Slavo
- This Is What a Currency Collapse Looks Like: Shopping Frenzy: “We Have A Lot Of Rubles Losing Value Every Second” 'December 17, 2014 6:24 pm'You need to answer the question: What is money when the system collapses? […]Mac Slavo
- Sony Hackers Make New Demands… This Is What Happens When You Negotiate With Terrorists 'December 20, 2014 1:33 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)