help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- The VHA Scandal Is Almost an Act Of Divine Intervention 'August 22, 2014 5:00 am'The VHA scandal shines a light on what by now we should have fully realized -- government is almost never the solution; it is the problem. […]
- Communists Descend on Ferguson 'August 22, 2014 5:00 am'American communists have a long history of exploiting racial incidents. We can expect the same at Ferguson. […]
- Self-Defense is a Religious Obligation 'August 22, 2014 5:00 am'Religion cannot simply be about the next world. It has to care about living life in this world as well. […]
- Poverty Is Not The Cause of Criminal Behavior 'August 22, 2014 5:00 am'Instead of asking what causes crime, the better question is what is the root cause of poverty? […]
- A Vacation is All Obama Ever Wanted 'August 22, 2014 5:00 am'The brutal execution of American journalist James Wright Foley spurs Obama to go golfing. […]
- The VHA Scandal Is Almost an Act Of Divine Intervention 'August 22, 2014 5:00 am'
- On MSNBC: Rick Perry Indictment Creates an 'Error for a Guy Who Had No Margin for Error' 'August 22, 2014 6:38 pm'Liberals from David Axelrod to Alan Dershowitz have decried the grand jury indictment of Rick Perry as a hatchet job, but to NBC senior political news editor Mark Murray it’s still a political “error” for the Republican Governor of Texas. Appearing on Friday’s edition of MSNBC’s The Daily Rundown, Murray admitted that the indictment had “rallied a lot of c […]Geoffrey Dickens
- WashPost Editorial Board Will Ban The Word 'Redskins' -- To Fix Two Occasions a Year 'August 22, 2014 6:22 pm'The Washington Post editorial board (the group that writes every day’s unsigned editorials) announced with fanfare that they would no longer use the word “Redskins” as they continue to agitate for a change in the team name. So “while we wait for the National Football League to catch up with thoughtful opinion and common decency, we have decided that, except […]Tim Graham
- Unlike 'Mission Accomplished,' Press Barely Mentions Obama's 'JV Team' Ridicule of ISIS 'August 22, 2014 5:39 pm'The press never let George W. Bush forget about that "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Abraham Lincoln after Saddam Hussein was overthrown and his government's military was routed in Iraq. They often pretend that Bush said it, or adopted it. He did no such thing, saying only that “Our mission continues.” So while the press has come clos […]Tom Blumer
- CBS This Morning Covers for Obama on Vacation, Golfing After Statement on James Foley’s Murder 'August 22, 2014 5:02 pm'Friday’s CBS This Morning dove into the subject of President Obama vacationing in Martha’s Vineyard while events domestically and internationally rage, including the brutal murder of American journalist James Foley at the hands of the Islamic terrorist group ISIS. While they were the only network to mention this story, the report from CBS News White House Co […]Curtis Houck
- Columnist Thomas Sowell: 'Politics Are Undermining Law' in Ferguson, Missouri 'August 22, 2014 4:42 pm'Thomas Sowell has done it again. The economist and syndicated columnist regularly produces thought-provoking work, but his column today on the media's role in stoking a mob mentality in the aftermath of the fatal police shooting of Ferguson, Missouri, man Michael Brown is really worth reading. "Race is the wild card in all this. The idea that you […]Ken Shepherd
- On MSNBC: Rick Perry Indictment Creates an 'Error for a Guy Who Had No Margin for Error' 'August 22, 2014 6:38 pm'
- Ex-Va. governor: CEO's loans not inappropriate 'August 22, 2014 3:35 pm'By LARRY O'DELL, ALAN SUDERMAN and MATTHEW BARAKAT […]superadm
- Dinosaur footprints set for public display in Utah 'August 22, 2014 3:35 pm'By BRADY McCOMBS SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A dry wash full of 112-million-year-old dinosaur tracks that include prints left behind by an ankylosaurus (ayn-kuh-loh-SAWR'-uhs), dromaeosaurus (droh-MEE'-uh-sawr-uhs) and a menacing ancestor of the Tyrannosaurus rex, are set to be opened to the public this fall near Moab, Utah.read more […]superadm
- Nigeria confirms 2 new Ebola cases 'August 22, 2014 3:35 pm'By BASHIR ADIGUN ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Nigerian Health Minister Onyebuchi Chukwu says the country has confirmed two new Ebola cases, the first two to have spread beyond those who had direct contact with the ill traveler from Liberia who brought the disease to Nigeria.read more […]superadm
- Iraq militants kill 64 in attack on Sunni mosque 'August 22, 2014 3:35 pm'[…]superadm
- 4 white lion cubs born at German circus 'August 22, 2014 3:35 pm'[…]superadm
- Ex-Va. governor: CEO's loans not inappropriate 'August 22, 2014 3:35 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Haute Hillary Expects Royal Treatment 'August 22, 2014 1:16 pm'[…]
- Rich and Poor Search Much Differently 'August 22, 2014 12:49 pm'David Leonhardt, New York TimesIn the hardest places to live in the United States, people spend a lot of time thinking about diets and religion. In the easiest places to live, people spend a lot of time thinking about cameras.This summer, The Upshot conducted an analysis of every county in the country to determine which were the toughest places to live, base […]
- Nasty, Brutish World of Richard Dawkins 'August 22, 2014 12:47 pm'Peter Wehner, Commentary […]
- Optimism: Republicans' Missing Ingredient 'August 22, 2014 12:46 pm'Seth Lipsky, New York PostThe thing to remember about the cataract of woe that has befallen our country is how fast things can be turned around.We may be in retreat overseas, with riots simmering in Missouri and the economy stuck in second gear. […]
- Why Congressional Democrats Don't Like Obama 'August 22, 2014 12:44 pm'Ezra Klein, Vox"Nearly six years into his term, with his popularity at the lowest of his presidency, Mr. Obama appears remarkably distant from his own party on Capitol Hill, with his long neglect of would-be allies catching up to him," reports the New York Times.The Times is getting at something real: congressional Democrats admire Barack Obama and […]
- Haute Hillary Expects Royal Treatment 'August 22, 2014 1:16 pm'
- Millions of Americans Are Vulnerable to Starvation: “Almost At the Point of No Return With Regard to the Coming Food Riots” 'August 22, 2014 5:43 pm'The lessons of history clearly demonstrate that dictatorial regimes, whether they be Socialists, Communists, and Marxists will not hesitate to use food as a weapon against their own people in order to solidify power and impose absolute autocratic control. […]Contributing Author
- Congress proposes new law prohibiting body armor in the Land of the Free 'August 22, 2014 4:28 am'Violation would carry CRIMINAL penalties, including up to ten years in prison. […]Contributing Author
- Former Mob Boss Warns Of Stock Market Crash: “I Don’t Trust Wall Street… Buy Gold And Silver” 'August 21, 2014 6:05 pm'Whatever your investments are, in a world where the entirety of your wealth can be wiped out in the blink of an eye it is critical for you to be able to hold your assets in your own hands. […]Mac Slavo
- Report: Spec Ops Contractors To Missouri: “Never Guessed We Would Deploy A High Threat Team In Our Own City” 'August 21, 2014 2:46 am'Company spokesperson: We are saddened that such service is needed in what is normally a peaceful, harmonious metropolitan area full of good people. […]Mac Slavo
- Ferguson Cop Points Gun At Journalists: “I’m Going to F***ing Kill You!” 'August 20, 2014 4:05 pm'Until agents of the government who break the law start being carted off in handcuffs this behavior will continue... and likely get worse. […]Contributing Author
- Millions of Americans Are Vulnerable to Starvation: “Almost At the Point of No Return With Regard to the Coming Food Riots” 'August 22, 2014 5:43 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)