help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Dissolving America 'June 29, 2015 5:00 am'The borders that give us identities are dissolving, just as the histories that stabilize us as a people have been rejected. […]
- What Life Is Like When Children of Gay Couples Don't Matter 'June 29, 2015 5:00 am'A funny thing happened on the way to equality. […]
- SCOTUScare, SCOTUSsexuality, and SCOTUSocracy 'June 29, 2015 5:00 am'A more adult United States of America would impeach six of the nine sitting Supreme Court justices. […]
- Climate Compulsions 'June 29, 2015 5:00 am'Do people suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) worry a lot about global warming/climate change? We don’t have to speculate […]
- Forget the Confederate Flag...Ban Democrats 'June 29, 2015 5:00 am'If leftists are intent on slandering their opposition by tying Republicans to what they call a symbol of racism, then it is more than fair to open up the history books. […]
- Dissolving America 'June 29, 2015 5:00 am'
- NBC’s Guthrie to Cruz: Would You Have Opposed Interracial Marriage? 'June 29, 2015 2:40 pm'In an interview with Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz on Monday’s NBC Today, co-host Savannah Guthrie grilled the Texas Senator on his opposition to the Supreme Court’s gay marriage ruling, equating his stance with being against interracial marriage: “...one thing you also said was that you would support a Texas state clerk who refused to issue a l […]Kyle Drennen
- Ex-ABC Star Touts Liberal Bias: 'TV Always Eases the Path for Change' 'June 29, 2015 2:09 pm'CNN’s Reliable Sources was in a celebrating mood about the Supreme Court’s gay marriage mandate on Sunday. Host Brian Stelter began with former ABC weatherman Sam Champion, who spoke to the power of liberal bias on television: “TV always eases the path for change” and “leads the way for acceptance.” Stelter noted part of that “leading the way for acceptance […]Tim Graham
- Ted Cruz Blasts ‘Docile’ Liberal Media Going Easy on Hillary 'June 29, 2015 1:57 pm'During an appearance on Fox News’ MediaBuzz on Sunday, Senator Ted Cruz blasted the liberal media for going easy on Hillary Clinton despite the numerous scandals surrounding her. […]Jeffrey Meyer
- Bob Costas Rips Cubs Pitcher, Unmasks Intense Hostility Towards Religious Expression 'June 29, 2015 12:57 pm'To be clear, professional sports broadcasting is thankfully long past the time when the announcers would annoyingly sugarcoat dismal player performances. (Though I would prefer that those who actually played the game engage in this criticism, and that play-by-play announcers who haven't try to stay away from it.) So it would have been somewhat acceptabl […]Tom Blumer
- MRC's Notable Quotables: Media Cheer: 'ObamaCare 2, Conservatives Zero' 'June 29, 2015 12:57 pm'This week, reporters cheer the Supreme Court ruling which saved ObamaCare from its own sloppiness, with ABC's Terry Moran enthusing: "'ObamaCare 2, conservatives 0' is the score right now," while NBC's newly-elevated anchor Lester Holt trumpets how "so many families" say the government takeover of health care has been […]Rich Noyes
- NBC’s Guthrie to Cruz: Would You Have Opposed Interracial Marriage? 'June 29, 2015 2:40 pm'
- Justices uphold use of drug implicated in botched executions 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court upheld the use of a controversial drug in lethal injection executions Monday, as two dissenting justices said for the first time that they think it's "highly likely" that the death penalty itself is unconstitutional. […]Associated Press
- Hyundai replaces General Motors as NFL auto sponsor 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'DETROIT (AP) — The National Football League is getting a new official automotive sponsor: Hyundai. […]Associated Press
- Justices rule against EPA power plant mercury limits 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has ruled against federal regulators' attempt to limit power plant emissions of mercury and other hazardous air pollutants. […]Associated Press
- The Latest: UK to hold moment of silence for Tunisia victims 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — The latest on the response to last week's beach attack in Tunisia that killed dozens (all times local). […]Associated Press
- Petition for NBC to cut ties with Trump draws 200,000 names 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'NEW YORK (AP) — A petition asking NBC to fire Donald Trump has collected more than 200,000 signatures. […]Associated Press
- Justices uphold use of drug implicated in botched executions 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'
- Red Cross Urges Travelers to Donate Blood 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'In an attempt to stem a blood supply shortage this summer the Red Cross is asking people planning July 4th vacations to give a pint in addition to beach plans. […]
- Putin Urges All to Fight IS Group, Backs Syria's Assad 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'Putin: Nations must unite to fight Islamic State militants; Russia backs Syria's Assad […]
- Hyundai Replaces General Motors as NFL Auto Sponsor 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'Hyundai replaces General Motors as National Football League's automotive sponsor […]
- The Latest: UK to Hold Moment of Silence for Tunisia Victims 'June 29, 2015 2:52 pm'The Latest: UK to hold national moment of silence for British victims of Tunisia resort attack […]
- Justices Rule Against EPA Power Plant Mercury Limits 'June 29, 2015 2:47 pm'Supreme Court rules against EPA limits on mercury emissions from power plants […]
- Red Cross Urges Travelers to Donate Blood 'June 29, 2015 2:55 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Greece and the Euro: No Money Left 'June 29, 2015 12:20 pm'[…]
- Greek Suicide Watch 'June 29, 2015 12:18 pm'[…]
- How Bobby Jindal Lost His Way 'June 29, 2015 12:15 pm'[…]
- The Latest Mystery Over Clinton's Missing Emails 'June 29, 2015 12:13 pm'[…]
- The Intellectual Dishonesty of John Roberts 'June 29, 2015 11:59 am'Peter Wehner, Commentary […]
- Greece and the Euro: No Money Left 'June 29, 2015 12:20 pm'
- Central Bank of Central Banks Says “The World is Unable to Fight Next Global Crash” 'June 29, 2015 10:57 am'According to the Bank of International Settlements, the world cannot handle another global crash – a crash that there is every reason to think is coming. […]Mac Slavo
- The Market Detonation You’re Ignoring: “The Chinese Market Is In An All-On Crash” 'June 28, 2015 1:12 am'It's a scary proposition and one from which escape for the general population of the world seems impossible. […]Mac Slavo
- Bad Medicine: Obamacare “Doctors Should Warn Global Warming Could Make Patients’ Health Worse” 'June 26, 2015 10:31 pm'If having your doctor quiz you about owning a gun isn't enough to raise your blood pressure, then this new Obamacare policy surely will. […]Mac Slavo
- Feds Force Reason.com Editor to Rat out Commenters 'June 26, 2015 9:09 pm'The court’s reaction was completely unnecessary – anonymous idiots rarely make good on their comments in the real world. […]Contributing Author
- With Knife Murders Spiking After Gun Ban, UK Urges “Save a Life–Surrender Your Knife” 'June 26, 2015 6:28 pm'Don't try to think this one through. The logic fail and sheer volume of absurdity might just make you sick if you do. […]Mac Slavo
- Central Bank of Central Banks Says “The World is Unable to Fight Next Global Crash” 'June 29, 2015 10:57 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)