help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Is Trump a True Conservative? 'February 8, 2016 6:00 am'The key issue dividing liberals and conservatives is centralized power versus distributed power. […]
- No More Room for Compromise with the Socialist Agenda of the Democrats 'February 8, 2016 6:00 am'Nearly 70% of those between the ages of 18 and 29 in the country claim they would vote for a socialist. Time is running out to save this country. […]
- The Goldilocks Approach to Global Warming 'February 8, 2016 6:00 am'Maybe you've heard or read somewhere that all kinds of terrible disasters will happen if the (global mean surface) temperature rises just 2⁰C above the pre-industrial level. Have you ever wondered where the 2⁰C number comes from? […]
- Here Comes the ‘Cashless Society’ 'February 8, 2016 6:00 am'Cash is probably the last arena of personal autonomy left. It can be spent anyway one pleases, with no one watching. It can be hidden from the government to avoid taxes. It has power that the government cannot control; and that is why it has to go. […]
- Obama’s War is not on Fossil Fuels 'February 8, 2016 6:00 am'An enemy waging war on the United States would attack exactly the same strategic targets, in almost exactly the same order: first oil, then power plants and the rest of the electrical infrastructure. This has been the experience in most modern wars. […]
- Is Trump a True Conservative? 'February 8, 2016 6:00 am'
- Canadian Logging Company Sues Greenpeace for 'Defamation:' Media Ignore 'February 8, 2016 3:15 pm'For at least six years, Greenpeace has attacked Canada’s largest wood products company, Resolute Forest Products. But you wouldn’t know it by watching the U.S. broadcast news networks. […]Alatheia Larsen
- Morning Joe: Bill Clinton's 'Hatchet' Job on Bernie 'Painful,' Cringe-worthy 'February 8, 2016 2:30 pm'Bill Clinton has lost his fastball. That's an emerging theme from this campaign season, and it was on glaring display on today's Morning Joe. Introducing a clip of Clinton [dressed like a lumberjack] attacking Bernie Sanders in New Hampshire, Mika Brzezinski said the ex-prez had picked up the "hatchet"—not a good image for a would-be stat […]Mark Finkelstein
- Notable Quotables: NBC Winces When Hillary's Honesty Questioned 'February 8, 2016 2:00 pm'This week, NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt tells Hillary Clinton how he “winced” when a young voter told the candidate that “people don't trust you,” even as Holt's scandal-scarred predecessor Brian Williams showed a stunning lack of self-awareness when he told MSNBC viewers on caucus night: “We will be the purveyors of truth and justice.” Plus […]Rich Noyes
- NY Times: Albright, Steinem Telling Young Women Backing Sanders to 'Grow Up' 'February 7, 2016 10:43 pm'Hillary Clinton's campaign is in a place it doesn't want to be, and the New York Times really, really wants to help. Yesterday, Madeline Albright told a New Hampshire audience at a Clinton rally that "there's a special place in Hell" for women who don't support Hillary. Her outrageous attempt to shame women into voting for Mrs. […]Tom Blumer
- 'One Long Cheap Shot' -- WashPost Lines Up Canadians to Bash Ted Cruz as Extreme 'February 7, 2016 8:52 pm'While The Washington Post would only go to Kenya looking for gushing over Barack Obama, they turn to Canada to make fun of Ted Cruz. The front-page story on Saturday was headlined “Calgary's stand on Cruz: 'The States can keep him'.” Brit Hume tweeted: "The whole story is one long cheap shot. Who cares what they think? Ted Cruz left Canad […]Tim Graham
- Canadian Logging Company Sues Greenpeace for 'Defamation:' Media Ignore 'February 8, 2016 3:15 pm'
- Timing is everything: Obama's budget same day as NH primary 'February 8, 2016 4:45 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — The main thing to know about President Barack Obama's final, $4 trillion budget is that it comes on the same day as the New Hampshire primary, ensuring it gets minimal attention with all the focus on the White House contenders. […]Associated Press
- UN panel documents 'extermination' of detainees in Syria 'February 8, 2016 4:45 pm'GENEVA (AP) — International investigators say several thousands of detainees have been executed, beaten to death or otherwise left to die during Syria's civil war, in policies that appear to amount to extermination under international law. […]Associated Press
- US stocks fall sharply; energy sector sinks along with oil 'February 8, 2016 4:45 pm'U.S. stocks fell sharply in morning trading Monday, weighed down by steep losses in technology, financial and energy stocks. The slide followed sharp drops in Europe and set the market on course for its second big loss in a row. Crude oil prices slumped again. […]Associated Press
- Audi tearjerker, 'Puppymonkeybaby' among Super Bowl winners 'February 8, 2016 4:45 pm'NEW YORK (AP) — With 30-second Super Bowl ads costing up to $5 million, it's a huge gamble to advertise. As the Denver Broncos defeated the Carolina Panthers, there were winners and losers off the field, too. Here are the advertisers whose gamble paid off, and those who dropped the ball. […]Associated Press
- Quality control chief leaves scandal-hit Volkswagen 'February 8, 2016 4:45 pm'FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Volkswagen says its quality control chief is leaving the company. […]Associated Press
- Timing is everything: Obama's budget same day as NH primary 'February 8, 2016 4:45 pm'
- Iraqi Woman Charged With Role in Kayla Mueller's Death 'February 8, 2016 11:17 pm'The wife of a former senior leader of the Islamic State has been charged in federal court with contributing to the death of American hostage Kayla Mueller […]
- Lead Contamination of Flint Water Draws Multiple Lawsuits 'February 8, 2016 11:15 pm'Families in Flint, Michigan, have filed multiple lawsuits over the city's water emergency […]
- Studies Aim to Restore Habitat of Imperiled Northwest Fish 'February 8, 2016 11:13 pm'Scientists in the Pacific Northwest are studying more than a dozen watersheds to develop templates on habitat restoration that could be used in similar streams to bolster struggling fish populations […]
- Campaigns Target Super Bowl Viewers in Early Primary States 'February 8, 2016 11:13 pm'Campaigns target Super Bowl viewers in NH, SC and Nevada […]
- Twitter and Facebook Are Big Market Movers 'February 8, 2016 11:13 pm'Twitter, Facebook, Credit Suisse, GoPro and Harman are big market movers […]
- Iraqi Woman Charged With Role in Kayla Mueller's Death 'February 8, 2016 11:17 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- How to Manage the Migrant Crisis 'February 8, 2016 3:03 pm'[…]
- Christie Gets a Boost 'February 8, 2016 3:02 pm'[…]
- The Republicans in New Hampshire, Angry and Afraid 'February 8, 2016 3:01 pm'[…]
- Clinton Can't Dodge Goldman Sachs Questions Forever 'February 8, 2016 3:00 pm'[…]
- Will Turkey, Russia Fan Flames Into an Inferno? 'February 8, 2016 2:58 pm'Metin Gurcan, Al-MonitorOn Jan. 30, Turkey said its airspace was again violated by a Russian warplane. A statement by the Turkish Foreign Ministry said a Russian Su-34 warplane on Jan. 29 had violated Turkish airspace despite repeated warnings in Russian and English. The statement said this was yet another concrete indication of Russia’s escalation despite c […]
- How to Manage the Migrant Crisis 'February 8, 2016 3:03 pm'
- Legendary Investor Jim Rogers Warns: “Most People Are Going To Suffer The Next Time Around” 'February 7, 2016 11:17 pm'No matter how much P.R. or whitewashing they use, the market knows this is over. […]Mac Slavo
- Are You Prepared to Survive in the Wilderness Alone? “Natural Shelter, Blend In” 'February 6, 2016 4:30 pm'These videos show how you can quickly build a reliable survival shelter, even by yourself with no supplies or equipment. […]Mac Slavo
- Nazi Occupation Replaces Militia Occupation in East Oregon: “Papers Examined Under Gunpoint” 'February 6, 2016 12:20 am'The East Oregon area is on lockdown, as every rancher in the area is keenly aware that any kind of perceived resistance will be met with extreme prejudice. […]Contributing Author
- Global Economy “Trapped in Death Spiral” According to Wall Street Bank 'February 5, 2016 11:34 pm'There are going to be a lot of people losing everything when this all explodes. […]Mac Slavo
- Obama Unleashes Open Border Free-for-All: “Might As Well Abolish Our Immigration Laws Altogether” 'February 5, 2016 8:56 pm'The days of civil unrest seem to be closing in. Will the system collapse on its own weight? […]Mac Slavo
- Legendary Investor Jim Rogers Warns: “Most People Are Going To Suffer The Next Time Around” 'February 7, 2016 11:17 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)