help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Doing Stupid Things with Iran 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'What have we gained from President Obama’s “Soft Power”? What has Iran done but pocket the concessions and continue on its path toward a nuclear weapon? […]
- Can We Send Alan Gross Back to Cuba? 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'Obama again delighting in trading Americans who hate America for foreign terrorists and murderers who also hate America. […]
- To Win Electoral College GOP Must Have A Hispanic On 2016 Ticket 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'All things being equal, having a Hispanic on the ticket appears to be the GOP's best hope, and Governor Brian Sandoval appears to be the best Hispanic choice. […]
- Who Will Be Suckered By Hillary's Glider Kit? 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'If Hillary Rodham Clinton effuses that “new car smell” it could only come from a cosmetic transplant, a heavy-duty truck Glider Kit. […]
- Not the First Time Dianne Feinstein Has Endangered Lives 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'Politics before principle, whether it's "torture" or a serial killer on the loose. […]
- Doing Stupid Things with Iran 'December 18, 2014 6:00 am'
- Merry Christmas! 5 Takeaways from Media Coverage of Christians in 2014 'December 18, 2014 1:55 pm'It’s the reason for the season, so naturally, attacks on Christianity tend to pick up around this time of year. The mocking and sacrilege gets a bit more pointed in the media. The sneering contempt from entertainers and lefty activists gets a bit thicker. But insulting Christians is a year-round sport, like bowling. Unlike bowling, you’ll find all the best […]Katie Yoder
- Donny Deutsch Disses Rep. Diaz-Balart: Statement on Cuba Deal 'Inane' 'December 18, 2014 1:52 pm'It's good that we live in a country where citizens feel free to criticize elected officials to their face. Just wondering, though: when was the last time that freedom was exercised on MSNBC to tell a Dem official that something he said was "inane?" On today's Morning Joe, Donny Deutsch angrily asked Republican Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart of M […]Mark Finkelstein
- Liberal Media Elite Hails Colbert As 'Genius' for Playing Conservative Idiot 'December 18, 2014 12:36 pm'Liberals are going into deep mourning over the television death of Stephen Colbert, Very Badly Disguised Liberal. They think this is an "unparalleled achievement." In Wednesday's paper, TV writer Bill Carter of The New York Times lined up all of Colbert’s competitors to call him a genius for disparaging conservatives with so much panache. “For […]Tim Graham
- WashPost Editorial Board Tears Into Obama’s Move on Cuba; ‘an Undeserved Bailout’ 'December 18, 2014 7:21 am'In the lead editorial for Thursday’s paper, The Washington Post blasted President Barack Obama’s decision to move toward normalized relations with the communist regime in Cuba as “naive” in awarding “an undeserved bailout” and “new lease on life” to “a 50-year-old failed regime.” […]Curtis Houck
- Charles Pierce: New U.S. Approach to Cuba a ‘No-Lose Proposition’ as Policy and ‘Brilliant’ as Politics 'December 18, 2014 6:03 am'The Esquire blogger is pleased that with Obama’s executive action on immigration and the shift on Cuba, “the Republicans now have two major freak-outs in their base that will do nothing except inflame the implacable Right, and thereby cripple the party's ability to reach out to the new Hispanic voters it claims it wants to attract.” […]Tom Johnson
- Merry Christmas! 5 Takeaways from Media Coverage of Christians in 2014 'December 18, 2014 1:55 pm'
- Obama: ‘I Believe in the Free Flow of Information’—Blames U.S. for Denying Cubans Access to Communications Technology 'December 18, 2014 1:44 pm'[…]anonymous
- Police: 3 killed as car hits people leaving church 'December 18, 2014 1:36 pm'REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A female motorist hit a group of pedestrians outside a California church as a Christmas service ended, killing one person and leaving up to 11 others injured, police said.read more […]superadm
- AP IMPACT: Abused kids die as authorities fail to protect 'December 18, 2014 1:36 pm'By HOLBROOK MOHR and GARANCE BURKE […]superadm
- Jimmy Carter call US-Cuba diplomacy 'courageous' 'December 18, 2014 1:36 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Jimmy Carter says he is "proud and grateful" for the president's efforts to restore diplomatic ties with Cuba. Carter calls the shift in policy "courageous." Carter rejects accusations that President Barack Obama is appeasing Cuba's communist leaders.read more […]superadm
- Poll: 80 percent back Putin even as ruble falls 'December 18, 2014 1:36 pm'By LAURA MILLS and LYNN BERRY MOSCOW (AP) — From a Western perspective, Vladimir Putin's days as president of Russia should be numbered: The ruble has lost more than half its value, the economy is in crisis and his aggression in Ukraine has turned the country into an international pariah. And yet most Russians see Putin not as the cause, but as the solu […]superadm
- Obama: ‘I Believe in the Free Flow of Information’—Blames U.S. for Denying Cubans Access to Communications Technology 'December 18, 2014 1:44 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- President Obama's Winning Streak Continues 'December 18, 2014 1:37 pm'Al Hunt, BloombergNever before has a president experienced as severe an election drubbing as Barack Obama did in November and followed it with such a politically triumphant six weeks. Obama scored his latest coup today by announcing that the U.S. and Cuba would restore full diplomatic relations and exchange prisoners. The right is enraged, but the politics f […]
- We're Still Picking Up Dick Cheney's Pieces 'December 18, 2014 1:37 pm'Jeffrey Simpson, Globe & Mail […]
- Will Cuba Policy Alter Florida's Political Map? 'December 18, 2014 1:36 pm'Parker & Martin, NY TimesWASHINGTON Â The surprise announcement by President Obama on Wednesday that the United States and Cuba will move to restore full diplomatic relations could complicate one of the most enduring fault lines in American politics and reshape the fight to win the presidential battleground state of Florida. […]
- Drone Strikes More Defensible Than Torture? 'December 18, 2014 1:31 pm'Victor Davis Hanson, NROThere are lots of hypocrisies surrounding the recently released executive summary of the Senate Intelligence Committee report on the CIA’s detention and interrogation program. But they pale in comparison to the current Democratic silence about President Barack Obama’s policy of targeted drone assassinations. […]
- The Absurdity (& Bright Side) of 2016 'December 18, 2014 1:28 pm'Heather Wilhelm, RealClearPoliticsOn Tuesday, when former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush announced that he would Âactively explore the possibility of running for president of the United States,Â AmericaÂs legion of political junkies didnÂt exactly jump for joy. On the contrary, many of themÂespecially if they are conservative or libertarian-leaning activistsÂro […]
- President Obama's Winning Streak Continues 'December 18, 2014 1:37 pm'
- This Is What a Currency Collapse Looks Like: Shopping Frenzy: “We Have A Lot Of Rubles Losing Value Every Second” 'December 17, 2014 6:24 pm'You need to answer the question: What is money when the system collapses? […]Mac Slavo
- What’s Behind the Riots? A Federal Police Force: “Everything else has been nationalized, so why not the police?” 'December 17, 2014 10:35 am'In the wake of the chaos of riots and mass protests, a clearer picture is beginning to emerge: the justified anger over police abuse isn't brewing more justice, but more power for the feds. […]Mac Slavo
- NASA Experts: California Needs 11 Trillion Gallons to End Drought, Southwest States “Not Sharing a Drop of Water” 'December 17, 2014 12:51 am'The same NASA experts who sounded the alarm over the drought's threat to the food supply are now warning that California needs some 11 trillion gallons of water to replenish to normal levels. […]Mac Slavo
- Watch: This Is Why Russia Can’t Attack America: New Weapon Has “Near-Instantaneous Lethality” 'December 16, 2014 8:17 pm'War is coming to the world. Russia will not stand idly by as their entire way of life is destroyed through economic means. But they are not ready for a widespread conflagration right now. […]Mac Slavo
- Collapse Survivor: “Try To Imagine Yourself In The Worst Moments of Your Life” 'December 16, 2014 3:27 am'You are cold, hungry, in pain or fear... your kid is home sick without medication... heavy weight is pressing down on you from all the pressure... this sort of challenge is what makes survival hard and lets strong people survive. […]Contributing Author
- This Is What a Currency Collapse Looks Like: Shopping Frenzy: “We Have A Lot Of Rubles Losing Value Every Second” 'December 17, 2014 6:24 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)