help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Feminism Attacks at All Levels 'July 30, 2016 5:00 am'Feminism will ultimately fail for the same reason that socialism always fails. But, like socialism, it will wreak enormous damage on its way to cultural and political disaster. […]
- DNC: Emanating a Putrid Smell Across America 'July 30, 2016 5:00 am'Just when you thought the depravity of the Democrats could not descend any deeper came the 2016 Democratic convention. […]
- A Russian-American Entente Cordiale? 'July 30, 2016 5:00 am'Donald Trump may be the man to fix our relations with Russia. Call it a "re-reset." […]
- Hillary Is a Menshevik 'July 30, 2016 5:00 am'The Bolshevik/Menshevik crisis we saw in the first stages of the Russian Revolution is bubbling to the surface in our country through the Democratic Party […]
- The Question of Poland and Reparations for WWII 'July 30, 2016 5:00 am'Poland is the kind of nation that Israel should be trying to make friends with, rather than opening old wounds. […]
- Feminism Attacks at All Levels 'July 30, 2016 5:00 am'
- Late Night Comics Declare Allegiance to Hillary Clinton 'July 30, 2016 4:15 pm'Johnny Carson delivered, and he did so without revealing his party affiliation. That was then. Now, we have late night comics choosing sides. Some, like Trevor Noah, Larry Wilmore and Seth Meyers, are essentially signing up for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign. […]Scott Whitlock
- By Default and Design: Democrats Draw Far More Network Overtime at the Conventions 'July 30, 2016 2:10 am'Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer put on his media-critic hat on the GOP.com blog on Thursday to complain that ABC, CBS, and NBC gave several hours more live coverage of their conventions, largely the overflow into the local-news hour at 11 pm Eastern time. The GOP says across the three networks, it drew 47 minutes of overtime, compared to […]Tim Graham
- FBN Coverage of Wednesday's DNC Protests Make a Mockery of AP's Story 'July 30, 2016 1:59 am'Wednesday night's coverage of protests outside the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia delivered by Fox Business Network and the Associated Press could hardly have differed more. FBN reported "thousands" of angry protesters oustide who were in no way mollified by Bernie Sanders' endorsement of Hillary Clinton or calls for unity […]Tom Blumer
- Liberal Blogger: Of Two-Term Presidents Since World War II, Obama Has the Most ‘Moral Credibility’ 'July 30, 2016 1:42 am'In a few months, Barack Obama will become the fifth post-World War II president to serve two full terms. The Washington Monthly’s Martin Longman thinks Obama tops the other four in terms of “popularity and moral credibility,” as indicated not only by the positive reception Obama got for his Wednesday-night DNC speech boosting Hillary Clinton, but by the publ […]Tom Johnson
- ABC Spotlights Veterans Admin. Wasting Millions On Art During Scandal 'July 30, 2016 1:24 am'ABC's World News Tonight on Friday revisited the health care scandal at the Veterans Administration and pointed out the recent revelation that the federal agency spent millions of taxpayer money on abstract art. Correspondent Mary Bruce spotlighted how the V.A. defending the spending by claiming that the art pieces foster "a healing environment. […]Matthew Balan
- Late Night Comics Declare Allegiance to Hillary Clinton 'July 30, 2016 4:15 pm'
- 2 Chicago officers relieved of powers after suspect killed 'July 30, 2016 5:30 am'CHICAGO (AP) — Two Chicago officers involved in a shooting that left a suspect dead were relieved of their police powers even as the case is still being investigated, police say. […]Associated Press
- Courts deal setbacks to GOP voting restrictions in 3 states 'July 30, 2016 5:30 am'CHICAGO (AP) — Courts dealt setbacks to Republican efforts in three states to restrict voting, blocking a North Carolina law requiring photo identification, loosening a similar measure in Wisconsin and halting strict citizenship requirements in Kansas. […]Associated Press
- Army report: Grenade found in room of Dallas gunman in 2014 'July 30, 2016 5:30 am'DALLAS (AP) — The Army reservist who killed five Dallas police officers had kept an unauthorized grenade in his room on an Afghanistan base in 2014, according to a report by Army officials investigating a sexual harassment complaint against him. […]Associated Press
- Porcello piches 5-hitter to lead Red Sox past Angels, 6-2 'July 30, 2016 5:30 am'ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Rick Porcello pitched a five-hitter for his first complete game since 2014, Xander Bogaerts homered and drove in three runs, and the Boston Red Sox beat the Los Angeles Angels 6-2 on Friday night. […]Associated Press
- Mauer's bases-loaded walk in 12th lifts Twins over White Sox 'July 30, 2016 5:30 am'MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Even after 13 years in the major leagues, Joe Mauer found a new way to win a ballgame. […]Associated Press
- 2 Chicago officers relieved of powers after suspect killed 'July 30, 2016 5:30 am'
- 16 Dead After Hot Air Balloon Caught Fire, Crashed 'July 30, 2016 4:36 pm'The hot air balloon caught fire and crashed near Lockhart, Texas. […]
- Mark Cuban Is Voting for Hillary Clinton and Thinks You Should Too 'July 30, 2016 4:27 pm'Billionaire investor Mark Cuban says he’s voting for Hillary Clinton and thinks you should too. […]
- Courts Derail Voting Limits Pushed by GOP in 3 States 'July 30, 2016 2:58 pm'Courts have dealt setbacks in three states to Republican efforts that critics contend restrict voting rights […]
- England Warns Pregnant Women Against Florida Travel 'July 30, 2016 2:37 pm'The nation's public health agency updated its travel advice. […]
- The NSA Is Likely 'Hacking Back' Russia's Cyber Squads 'July 30, 2016 1:27 pm'Head of NSA's elite hacking squad says they infiltrate other hackers' networks. […]
- 16 Dead After Hot Air Balloon Caught Fire, Crashed 'July 30, 2016 4:36 pm'
- Feds investigating insurance fraud that duped U.S. military 'June 10, 2016 1:38 am'CBS News investigation showed how U.S. military have been tricked into getting unnecessary medical tests that are billed to Pentagon's insurance plan […]
- U.S. military members duped to help pull off insurance fraud 'June 9, 2016 1:29 am'CBS News is exposing an insurance scam where taxpayers are the victims; and U.S. military members are tricked into helping pull off the fraud […]
- West Virginia AG's past with drug companies questioned 'June 3, 2016 1:29 am'Patrick Morrisey was once a lobbyist representing pharmaceutical trade group funded by some drug distributors that West Virginia is now suing in opioid crisis […]
- Lead poisoning victims possibly targeted to sign over settlement funds 'April 21, 2016 1:29 am'Lead poisoning victim Crystal Linton says she didn't understand what she was doing when she signed over her settlement money to a finance company; CBS News spoke to two dozen others in similar situations […]
- West Virginia doctor investigated for deaths in opioid epidemic 'April 14, 2016 1:45 am'Dr. Michael Kostenko has written more than 40,000 prescriptions for oxycodone in the last two years -- 3 of his patients have died […]
- Feds investigating insurance fraud that duped U.S. military 'June 10, 2016 1:38 am'
- Bernie-or-Bust Crowd Is Loud But They're Powerless 'July 29, 2016 10:02 pm'Amanda Marcotte, SalonEven though the outpouring of rage from Bernie Sanders supporters on day one of the DNC was ugly, there are strong indications that it was little more than a childish fit. There is no real evidence that huge numbers think Hillary Clinton stole the primary or that we’re better off with Donald Trump as president. […]
- What Does the Democratic Party Stand for? Good Question. 'July 29, 2016 10:01 pm'Emmett Rensin, TNRI spent the past week in Philadelphia, in the halls and in the stadium of the Wells Fargo Center, for nearly every hour of the Democratic National Convention. I heard more than a hundred speakers, and spoke to dozens of people in the halls. After four days, I am not certain that I know what, precisely, the Democratic Party wants to be.For t […]
- Democrats Actually Did Get Stronger Together 'July 29, 2016 9:58 pm'Albert Hunt, BloombergDemocrats left their presidential nominating convention in Philadelphia Thursday night remarkably unified given the tensions at the start of the week, in sharp contrast to the Republicans a week earlier.If history is any guide, the more unified party has an advantage in the autumn election. This is a year, however, that has defied a lot […]
- DNC Can't Crack Crooked Hillary Clinton Perception 'July 29, 2016 9:55 pm'Brendan Kirby, LifeZetteThe Democratic National Convention’s primary mission — to reduce Hillary Clinton’s sky-high dishonesty perception — appears to be floundering. The Democratic nominee for president has the luxury of an all-star lineup of political and pop-culture talent to make her case. No one is more talented at talking to the American people in conv […]
- 2016 Isn't Just Democrat vs. Republican. It's Normal vs. Abnormal 'July 29, 2016 9:52 pm'Ezra Klein, VoxWhat we just witnessed in Cleveland and Philadelphia defies our normal political vocabulary. We are used to speaking of American politics as split between the two major parties. It’s Democrats versus Republicans, liberals versus conservatives, left versus right.But not this election. The conventions showed that this is something different. Thi […]
- Bernie-or-Bust Crowd Is Loud But They're Powerless 'July 29, 2016 10:02 pm'
- Seven Places Where WW3 Could Start at Any Time: “Your Best Chance At Survival Rests In Your Ability To See It Coming” 'July 30, 2016 7:55 pm'Not since the Cold War have tensions been so high among the nations of the world. […]Contributing Author
- Outbreak: Russian Bio Warfare Troops Rushed To Arctic: “Dangerous Infection” 'July 30, 2016 3:30 am'As of right now there is no single diagnosis... […]Mac Slavo
- “Revolt of the Elites”: Society Is Divided, Self-Absorbed and Powerless to Stop Them 'July 29, 2016 6:00 pm'The Elites have successfully revolted against the political and economic constraints on their wealth and power. […]Contributing Author
- No One Can Stop Her… And She Knows It: “This Election Won’t Be Fair” 'July 29, 2016 4:35 pm'In a fair election, Donald Trump would win in a landslide. But this election will not be fair. […]Mac Slavo
- Fewer Than Ever Can Afford to Buy a Home As America’s “Thriving Middle Class” Is Dead 'July 29, 2016 1:30 pm'Very rough times are coming, and things are going to get much harder for the middle class. […]Contributing Author
- Seven Places Where WW3 Could Start at Any Time: “Your Best Chance At Survival Rests In Your Ability To See It Coming” 'July 30, 2016 7:55 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)