help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Wake up, Tiger Mom! 'May 30, 2015 5:00 am'Politically cultivated victimhood is merely a justification for power. Not every affirmative-action minority is a disadvantaged victim... above all, Asians. […]
- Hillary's High Water Mark 'May 30, 2015 5:00 am'The polls prove it: things are only going to get worse for Mrs. Clinton. […]
- Obama's Iran Deal is Good for America: A Debate 'May 30, 2015 5:00 am'The debate, set in the Upper West Side of Manhattan, was lively and informative but also distressing. The winner was a surprise. […]
- Amy Schumer, champion of feminine jealousy 'May 30, 2015 5:00 am'Now it is men's fault that some women are more attractive than others. […]
- Of Hydras, Hubris, and Hezb'allah: American foreign policy and the re- making of the Middle East 'May 30, 2015 5:00 am'There is a new hydra loose in the world; one far more deadly than its mythical forbearer, for unlike the original, its reach is global. […]
- Wake up, Tiger Mom! 'May 30, 2015 5:00 am'
- Bloomberg’s Heilemann: If Sanders Were Republican, ‘It Would Be a Huge Scandal’ 'May 30, 2015 6:44 pm'“If a Republican, any Republican candidate wrote an essay like this,” Bloomberg’s John Heilemann predicted on Friday’s With All Due Respect, “whether they were 16 years old and high on dope or whether it was weeks ago, it would be a huge scandal.” Calling for some media consistency in covering the revelation that socialist Senator Bernie Sanders, now a Democ […]Brent Baker
- Forget Catholics or Mormons; CNN's Chris Cuomo Bows to Sharia Creep 'May 30, 2015 5:59 pm'One can only imagine the result of that kind of play had been produced. Not to mention if an already verboten image of The Prophet were plunged into a jar of urine and the resulting photo was prominently displayed on the CNN website. Safe to say one can expect the Broadway theater would need the National Guard to protect it and so too would CNN. Somehow, Chr […]Tim Graham
- NBC’s ‘Today’ Mocks Michelle Obama’s Latest Food Police Push 'May 30, 2015 5:15 pm'On Friday, even the hosts of NBC’s Today had enough of Michelle Obama’s effort to micro-manage people’s food choices as they mocked the First Lady’s attempt to create a healthy version of s’mores. […]Kyle Drennen
- Daily Beast Writer: GOP’s ‘Messianic Tax-Cutting,’ Opposition to Gay Marriage Could Be ‘Liberal Wedge Issues’ 'May 30, 2015 3:55 pm'A recent Gallup poll found that 31 percent of Americans self-identify as social liberals, and that an equal percentage call themselves social conservatives -- the first time since Gallup began conducting such surveys in 1999 that conservatives haven’t outnumbered liberals. On Tuesday, pundit Michael Tomasky seized on this development as an indication that Re […]Tom Johnson
- Taxpayer-Funded PBS Pushes Teaching Sex Ed to 4-Year-Olds 'May 30, 2015 3:00 pm'Watching PBS? Might want to ask the kindergartners to leave the room. In a May 27 piece for tax-funded PBS, NewsHour producer Saskia de Melker argued “The case for starting sex education in kindergarten.” In her piece, she held up the Netherlands as an example for the United States in “sexuality education” – for those as young as 4-years-old to learn “honest […]Katie Yoder
- Bloomberg’s Heilemann: If Sanders Were Republican, ‘It Would Be a Huge Scandal’ 'May 30, 2015 6:44 pm'
- Small clubs, youth teams feel victimized by FIFA scandal 'May 30, 2015 9:15 pm'RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — The accused in the FIFA scandal are easy to spot: globe-trotting executives charged with diverting millions meant to build the game to their personal accounts. Those who feel victimized aren't as obvious: Youth players with hand-me-down equipment, semi-pro clubs that can't afford to travel and developmental leagues that can […]Associated Press
- Report: At least 4 Americans held by Yemen's rebels 'May 30, 2015 9:15 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — At least four Americans are being held in Yemen by rebels who toppled the U.S. backed government, the Washington Post reported late Friday. […]Associated Press
- Waters to college grads: 'It's your turn to cause trouble' 'May 30, 2015 9:15 pm'PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Filmmaker John Waters tells Rhode Island School of Design graduates it's their turn to go out in the world and cause artistic trouble. […]Associated Press
- Flooded rivers don't faze some Houston-area residents 'May 30, 2015 9:15 pm'ROSENBERG, Texas (AP) — The seemingly ceaseless rain has ended in North Texas and Oklahoma, but residents in the greater Houston area warily eyed the swollen, yet-to-crest Brazos River and the skies, which threatened to drop up to 5 additional inches of rain late Saturday afternoon and evening. […]Associated Press
- Ex-Georgian president named governor of Ukraine region 'May 30, 2015 9:15 pm'MOSCOW (AP) — Former Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili on Saturday was appointed governor of Ukraine's troubled Odessa region. […]Associated Press
- Small clubs, youth teams feel victimized by FIFA scandal 'May 30, 2015 9:15 pm'
- Coast Guard Looking for 1 Crewmember After Tugboat Sinks 'May 30, 2015 9:52 pm'Tugboat sinks in Mississippi River; 4 rescued, search underway in La. for missing crewmember […]
- Historic Gay Head Lighthouse Completes 135-Foot Move 'May 30, 2015 9:52 pm'Historic Gay Head Lighthouse on Martha's Vineyard reaches new location after painstaking move […]
- O'Malley Makes Iowa First Stop in 2016 Kickoff 'May 30, 2015 9:46 pm'O'Malley makes Iowa first stop in 2016 launch, with stop in Davenport […]
- Royals-Cubs Rained out, Makeup Set for Last Week of Season 'May 30, 2015 9:44 pm'Royals-Cubs rained out, makeup date set for last week of regular season […]
- Flooded Rivers Don't Faze Some Houston-Area Residents 'May 30, 2015 9:43 pm'With rain on the way, Houston-area residents watch river levels, say they've been here before […]
- Coast Guard Looking for 1 Crewmember After Tugboat Sinks 'May 30, 2015 9:52 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- What's President Obama's Plan C for Immigration? 'May 30, 2015 1:05 pm'[…]
- Obama's Economy Is the No. 1 Issue of 2016 Race 'May 30, 2015 1:01 pm'[…]
- EPA's New Water Rule Is for the Greater Good 'May 30, 2015 12:58 pm'[…]
- Clinton's Cloak of Secrecy 'May 30, 2015 12:56 pm'[…]
- FIFA Is Corrupt. But Do Fans Care? 'May 30, 2015 12:55 pm'John Feinstein, Washington PostTo those who follow soccer, the news that nine high-ranking members of FIFA — the sport’s world governing body — were accused of wrongdoing was akin to a report that the sun will continue to rise in the east. […]
- What's President Obama's Plan C for Immigration? 'May 30, 2015 1:05 pm'
- Autonomous Killer Robots Almost Here: “3rd Revolution in Warfare After Gunpowder, Nuclear” 'May 29, 2015 7:48 pm'The industry stands at the cusp of developing machines with a mind of their own, capable of cutting humans out of the loop in determining who and when to kill. […]Mac Slavo
- The Danger That There Will Be No “Big Event” 'May 28, 2015 10:15 pm'In the end, our lines get moved without us realizing it, and what has already crossed the line, only appears as though it has not. That is both the power and danger of gradualism. […]Contributing Author
- You Are the Eyes and Ears: A Guide For Gathering Information And Reporting Jade Helm Activity 'May 28, 2015 8:15 pm'Make sure that what you gather doesn’t compromise you in any way. If you feel it might, then break contact immediately. […]Contributing Author
- China Nears Global Reserve Status: “There Will Be a Reset of the Financial Industry” 'May 28, 2015 5:07 pm'This news brings China one giant step closer to entry onto the global stage of currencies and new financial norms for Americans […]Mac Slavo
- Prepare Your Homes And Neighborhoods For The Violence That Is Going To Sweep America 'May 27, 2015 3:23 pm'If things are this bad already, how bad will they be when the next great economic crisis hits this nation and unemployment skyrockets and poverty is everywhere? […]Contributing Author
- Autonomous Killer Robots Almost Here: “3rd Revolution in Warfare After Gunpowder, Nuclear” 'May 29, 2015 7:48 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)