help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Five Fatal Flaws of Solar Energy 'July 25, 2014 5:00 am'Collecting solar energy will never play more than a minor and very expensive role in supplying grid power. Here's why. […]
- A Government Feared and Distrusted 'July 25, 2014 5:00 am'An encyclopedia would be required to list all the examples of executive and governmental agency overreach. […]
- Julia and Pajama Boy, a Millennials Love Story 'July 25, 2014 5:00 am'How many millennials realize they are the lost generation, Barack Obama’s political cannon fodder, used-up in the battle to fundamentally change America? […]
- Netanyahu's Game Plan 'July 25, 2014 5:00 am'The situation in the Mideast is not at all what most commentators take it to be -- but it is generally encouraging for Israel. […]
- The Climate Maggot Problem 'July 25, 2014 5:00 am'As regards the climate change debate, the right is placing itself in an inferior intellectual position to those on the left. […]
- Five Fatal Flaws of Solar Energy 'July 25, 2014 5:00 am'
- 'Dear White People' Trailer Calls Fox News Racist 'July 26, 2014 2:38 am'The latest trailer for the satire Dear White People offers what we've come to expect given the hype surrounding the film--uncomfortable racial observations and a few well-earned laughs. The snippet also features a character slamming Fox News and, by extension, its viewers as racist. Is the full-length trailer, released Tuesday, carrying on the Left […]Christian Toto
- Zing! Limbaugh Aptly Compares Obama to MSNBC's Ronan Farrow 'July 25, 2014 11:16 pm'Five years and running into the Obama presidency and Rush Limbaugh may have just come up with the best analogy for it. On his radio show Wednesday, Limbaugh cited an awkward parallel between our gallant leader and Ronan Farrow, the lighter-than-air MSNBC midday anchor of indeterminate paternity. (Audio after the jump) read more […]Jack Coleman
- Leftist Blog: GOP Effort to Undermine Obamacare Stems From a Leninist ‘Punishment Impulse in Right-Wing Politics’ 'July 25, 2014 10:56 pm'What do Lee Atwater, Karl Rove, and Vladimir Lenin have in common? If you answered that they’re all Republican strategists, you’re sort of right, suggested Seth D. Michaels in a Thursday article at Talking Points Memo. Michaels claimed that GOPers are using a Leninist approach to subvert an increased government role in the health-care system. (Oh, the irony. […]Tom Johnson
- MSNBC Explores 'Kinder, Gentler GOP' on 'Ronan Farrow Daily' 'July 25, 2014 9:40 pm'According to MSNBC, Republicans are always making things worse. On the July 25 edition of Ronan Farrow Daily, the cable host began a segment entitled “Kinder, Gentler GOP?” after playing a clip of Rand Paul at the National Urban League annual conference speaking of the “poverty problem.” Farrow asked his guests a stream of leading questions insinuating that […]Laura Flint
- GMA, Today Yawn at Christian Escaping Sudan, Death Sentence for Her Christian Faith 'July 25, 2014 9:10 pm'On Friday, both ABC’s Good Morning America and NBC’s Today ignored the news that Meriam Ibrahaim, a Sudanese woman who was sentenced to death in Sudan for converting from Islam to Christianity and marrying a Christian man, fled Sudan with an Italian diplomat on an Italian jet to Rome Thursday and received a blessing from Pope Francis in a private meeting at […]Curtis Houck
- 'Dear White People' Trailer Calls Fox News Racist 'July 26, 2014 2:38 am'
- Federal court upholds Fla.'s docs vs. glocks law 'July 25, 2014 11:06 pm'TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A federal appeals court is upholding a Florida law that restricts what doctors can discuss about guns with their patients. The Firearm Owners Privacy Act prohibited doctors from asking patients about gun ownership or recording that information in medical records unless it was medically necessaryread more […]superadm
- Carjacked SUV hits crowd, killing 3 young siblings 'July 25, 2014 11:06 pm'PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a vehicle that had been carjacked plowed into a group of people on a corner in Philadelphia, killing two children and critically injuring three other people.read more […]superadm
- Prosecutors consider charges after burglar killed 'July 25, 2014 11:06 pm'read more […]superadm
- Ohio State under shadow again, this time with band 'July 25, 2014 11:06 pm'[…]superadm
- Judge says Texas man innocent in rape 'July 25, 2014 11:06 pm'DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas man who says he pleaded guilty to a 1990 rape because his attorney advised him to avoid trial may soon be exonerated. The Dallas County district attorney said Thursday that DNA testing shows Michael Phillips is innocent and identifies another man as the culprit in the rape of a 16-year-old girl at a motel.read more […]superadm
- Federal court upholds Fla.'s docs vs. glocks law 'July 25, 2014 11:06 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Israel Must Be Permitted to Crush Hamas 'July 25, 2014 7:30 pm'Michael Oren, Washington PostU.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, Secretary of State John Kerry and the foreign ministers of Great Britain and France all are rushing to achieve a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas. Their motive Â to end civilian suffering and restore stability to the area Â is noble. […]
- The Future of the Iowa Straw Poll 'July 25, 2014 7:25 pm'Jeff Kaufmann, RCP Changing Lanes […]
- Hidden Impacts of Climate Change 'July 25, 2014 7:25 pm'Rebecca Leber, The New RepublicWe've all heard the global-warming horror stories. Rising seas will eventually sink coastal cities from Miami to Los Angeles. Hurricanes and tornadoes will increase in strength, flattening entire towns. And extreme, lasting droughts will cripple large swaths of the western U.S. […]
- Could Arizona Fiasco Lead to Firing Squads? 'July 25, 2014 7:24 pm'Byron York, DC ExaminerThe surreal national debate over the death penalty reached a climax of sorts Wednesday afternoon in a prison execution chamber in Florence, Ariz. Double murderer Joseph Wood was put to death by lethal injection shortly after his lawyers went to the Supreme Court raising questions about the drugs that would be used to kill him. […]
- One Hour and 57 Minutes in Arizona 'July 25, 2014 7:23 pm'Matt Ford, The AtlanticArizona had never tried the two-drug cocktail of midazolam and hydromorphone before it injected an unknown dose into Joseph Wood's veins Wednesday afternoon. Most executions by lethal injection take between 10 and 20 minutes once the drugs are injected, if performed properly. This experimental cocktail took almost two hours to end […]
- Israel Must Be Permitted to Crush Hamas 'July 25, 2014 7:30 pm'
- Grounbreaking Research: Scientist Terminated for Proving Dinosaurs and Humans Walked the Earth Together 'July 25, 2014 8:18 pm'We are not going to tolerate your religion in this department... […]Mac Slavo
- Feds Urge Paramedics, Firefighters To Help Find “Extremists” 'July 25, 2014 1:25 am'Injuries may be sign of "suspicious activity" […]Contributing Author
- Obama Approves Substantial Expansion of Terrorist Watch Lists: “Concrete Facts Are Not Necessary” 'July 24, 2014 6:46 pm'It gives a single White House official the unilateral authority to elevate entire "categories of people" onto the no fly or selectee lists... Requires neither "concrete facts" nor "irrefutable evidence" to designate an American as a terrorist. […]Mac Slavo
- Illegal Immigration And Gangs: Someday Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didn’t Protect Our Borders 'July 23, 2014 4:38 pm'The mainstream media is shining the spotlight very brightly on all of the children that are coming over... But there is another part of the story that you aren't hearing much about. […]Contributing Author
- Cops Arrest 76-Year Old Veteran For Town Meeting ‘Outburst’: “I Asked Them To Speak Louder So We Could Hear” 'July 23, 2014 3:12 am'Overholt protested that he was attending a public meeting and needed to hear, not just 'look' at what was happening. […]Mac Slavo
- Grounbreaking Research: Scientist Terminated for Proving Dinosaurs and Humans Walked the Earth Together 'July 25, 2014 8:18 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)