help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Mike Morell will fit right in at Dan Rather's old network 'April 15, 2014 5:00 am'There may be no better example of the dark side of the First Amendment than the ongoing CBS/CIA collaboration to spin the Benghazi fiasco. […]
- Megyn Kelly and the Sandberg Head Shaker 'April 15, 2014 5:00 am'As far as Sheryl Sandberg goes, for anybody whose memory reaches back a couple of decades, there’s not much new here. […]
- How to Control the IRS 'April 15, 2014 5:00 am'The problem with our federal income tax system is the exceptions in it. To reform the tax system, get rid of the exceptions. […]
- Resuscitating Affirmative Action 'April 15, 2014 5:00 am'California state government attempts to reinstate quotas over popular opposition have generated an unlikely protest. […]
- Carry on Cutting, says Brandeis 'April 15, 2014 5:00 am'The modern left is a movement of tribal nostalgia: neo-tribalists. They want people divided up in little tribes, each burning with carefully nurtured resentments. […]
- Mike Morell will fit right in at Dan Rather's old network 'April 15, 2014 5:00 am'
- Census Health Coverage Survey Changes Make Obamacare Results Undeterminable; NYT Buries Non-Disclosure Before Elections 'April 16, 2014 4:44 am'In a Tuesday story which appears to have been handed to it on a silver platter, and which the rest of the establishment press seems uninterested in spreading (given that searches at 11:45 p.m. Tuesday at the Associated Press and at Politico returned nothing relevant), the New York Times has reported that the Census Bureau "is changing its annual survey […]Tom Blumer
- On Tax Day, Chris Hayes Sticks Up for the IRS 'April 16, 2014 3:42 am'MSNBC's Chris Hayes celebrated Tax Day by standing up for the IRS as the "cornerstone" of the federal government and lambasting Republicans for trying to gut the agency. "Conservatives recognize that one of the only things standing between us and a genuine plutocracy are thousands of anonymous bureaucrats doing the basic work of enforcing […]Matt Hadro
- Bozell & Graham Column: Helping the Democrats Avoid the Victims 'April 16, 2014 3:27 am'For a moment, imagine yourself back in 2006, at the height of liberal aggression about the “imperial hubris” of George W. Bush in the War on Terror. The left's contempt for this man was rampant. Liberals savaged him for turning the world against this country. Keith Olbermann announced “the beginning of the end of America.” Now imagine, in that milieu, i […]Brent Bozell and Tim Graham
- NewsBusted: The Dubious 'Reverend' Al, FBI Snitch 'April 16, 2014 3:17 am'"Al Sharpton is now denying he was an FBI informant, saying it's a dubious assertion. You know, just like Sharpton’s dubious assertion that he's a reverend." Watch our very own Jodi Miller zing Sharpton as well as exiting HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, President Obama, and politician-turned-amateur bass guitarist Mike Huckabee by clicki […]NB Staff
- New Census Questions Will Change ObamaCare Findings; Networks Ignore 'April 16, 2014 3:00 am'New Census questions will change the findings on the impact of ObamaCare, reported the New York Times on Tuesday. The broadcast networks ignored this new report on the Tuesday evening newscasts, however. In fact, a census official told the Times they "are expecting much lower numbers" of the uninsured "just because of the questions and how the […]Matt Hadro
- Census Health Coverage Survey Changes Make Obamacare Results Undeterminable; NYT Buries Non-Disclosure Before Elections 'April 16, 2014 4:44 am'
- 2 ships collide, cargo ship grounded in Virginia 'April 16, 2014 6:03 am'VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — A large ship has gone aground in the lower Chesapeake Bay and the Coast Guard says it has received reports of other ships dragging anchor due to high winds.read more […]superadm
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings 'April 16, 2014 6:03 am'[…]superadm
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast 'April 16, 2014 6:03 am'By HYUNG-JIN KIM and YOUKYUNG LEE […]superadm
- Credit Suisse profits down 34 percent 'April 16, 2014 6:03 am'FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Swiss bank Credit Suisse says net profit fell 34 percent in the first quarter as revenues decreased from its investment banking business.read more […]superadm
- Marathon suspect seeks dismissal of some charges 'April 16, 2014 6:03 am'BOSTON (AP) — Lawyers for the Boston Marathon bombing suspect are headed to court to ask a judge to dismiss some of the charges against him and to ease restrictions on him in prison.read more […]superadm
- 2 ships collide, cargo ship grounded in Virginia 'April 16, 2014 6:03 am'
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More 'December 20, 2012 8:20 pm'“We have to have a comprehensive way in which to respond to the mass murder of our children that we saw in Connecticut,” said Vice President Joe Biden today, meeting with the leaders of law enforcement organizations whom he said had been his “friends and... […]Jake Tapper
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- U.S. doctors purchasing unapproved foreign drugs 'July 4, 2012 3:11 am'CBS News' Armen Keteyian reports on American doctors purchasing cancer drugs from overseas that have not had FDA approval […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'
- Forget Sebelius, Obamacare Is the Problem 'April 16, 2014 3:11 am'Cal Thomas, DC Examiner […]
- Facts Just Killed the Obamacare Haters 'April 16, 2014 3:07 am'Jim Newell, Salon […]
- The Political Powerlessness of Rural America 'April 16, 2014 1:57 am'David French, NRO […]
- Not the Same Old, Same Old 'April 16, 2014 1:44 am'Tom Friedman, New York Times […]
- Phony "Red Lines" Make for Bad Policy 'April 16, 2014 1:32 am'Sen. Rand Paul, Washington Post […]
- Forget Sebelius, Obamacare Is the Problem 'April 16, 2014 3:11 am'
- FBI Visiting Gun Shops to Investigate “People talking about Big Government” 'April 16, 2014 1:45 am'This should serve as a stark reminder that the U.S. government is vastly concerned about a well-armed populace. […]Contributing Author
- Going Postal: USPS Stocks Up On Guns and Ammo: “It Doesn’t Make a Whole Lot of Sense” 'April 15, 2014 7:37 pm'They are planning for something big and they are doing so at an accelerated pace. […]Mac Slavo
- This Chart Shows Us How Bad The Economy Really Is: “Flashing Red Warning” 'April 14, 2014 9:03 pm'If you are an investor and hold stocks, or are thinking about jumping in because this latest "correction" is about to take a turn for the better, we direct your attention to this absolutely critical piece of information... […]Mac Slavo
- VICTORY: Federal Agents Flee Bunkerville Citing “Safety Concerns”… Armed Citizen Militia Stands Down… 'April 12, 2014 6:54 pm'Consider how these events would have played out had those who arrived to support the Bundy family not been armed; if they had simply showed up with protest signs and cell phones. […]Mac Slavo
- You Can’t Eat Gold… But It’s Portable, Easy To Trade and Confiscation-Proof 'April 12, 2014 12:14 am'When it comes to saving a portion of your earnings, an error most people make is to save their wealth in man-made currencies. […]Mac Slavo
- FBI Visiting Gun Shops to Investigate “People talking about Big Government” 'April 16, 2014 1:45 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)