help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Obama's Minimum Wage Fallacy 'April 23, 2014 5:00 am'It’s a shame that we have a President so willing to divide our nation […]
- As China and Japan Prepare for War, American Forces Battle over Turf 'April 23, 2014 5:00 am'China and Japan are moving toward war over the Senkaku Islands. While the people who are actually going to fight that war are continuing to prepare for it, Marines are seeing off an attempt by the Army to gain a role. […]
- The Effect of Medical Marijuana Laws on Violent Crime 'April 23, 2014 5:00 am'A recent study on the effects of medical marijuana legalization raises more questions than it answers. […]
- Kneecapping Reform in Texas 'April 23, 2014 5:00 am'The Texas legislature attempts to quash reform at the University of Texas. […]
- A Conversation with Martha McSally 'April 23, 2014 5:00 am'A pioneering military veteran attempts to turn the tables in Arizona's upcoming congressional contest. […]
- Obama's Minimum Wage Fallacy 'April 23, 2014 5:00 am'
- NBC Lets Critics Shred Georgia's New Gun Law; the 'Guns Everywhere Bill' 'April 24, 2014 12:42 am'Wednesday's NBC Nightly News slanted steeply toward critics of Georgia's new gun bill, allowing them four quotes as opposed to just one for supporters of the bill. The state's legislation expands the places where citizens can carry guns to include bars, schools, churches and government buildings, with certain limits. NBC's Gabe Gutierrez […]Matt Hadro
- KGB Operative on FX Drama Echoes Liberal Attacks on Reagan: ‘He Doesn’t Care – Kids, Nuns...’ 'April 23, 2014 11:10 pm'Sounding remarkably like American liberals and journalists at the time – not to be redundant – last week’s episode of FX’s The Americans set in the early 1980s (a new episode runs tonight), included a scene in which a KGB operative, working in the United States, sputtered in disgust at President Ronald Reagan on her TV: “Look at him. He’ll do anything. He do […]Brent Baker
- There They Go Again: Kickstarter Blocked ANOTHER Pro-Life Documentary Pitch 'April 23, 2014 10:22 pm'There they go again. The suits at Kickstarter once again blocked, albeit briefly, a pro-life film maker's fundraising campaign. They had a change of heart after the documentarian in question opted to try his luck with a more open-minded crowdsourcing website. Brad Slager at The Federalist has the story (excerpt below, emphasis mine): read more […]Ken Shepherd
- Marking Earth Day, MSNBC’s Hayes Furthers Fossil Fuel/Slavery Comparison 'April 23, 2014 10:07 pm'As an environmentalist, MSNBC’s Chris Hayes sure does love Earth Day. He celebrated the holiday on Tuesday’s edition of All In by fantasizing about the day when 80 percent of the planet’s fossil fuel will stay in the ground. And why does Hayes not want energy companies to extract fossil fuel? To reduce emissions and prevent global warming, of course. [Video […]Paul Bremmer
- Liz Warren is Shocked! Shocked! at 'Obscene' Profits From Student Loans ... Raked in by Government 'April 23, 2014 9:47 pm'Still trying to decide which was funnier last night on "The Daily Show" -- big-government devotee Elizabeth Warren fulminating against government greed or her conspicuous lie of omission about why government is generating "obscene" profits from the toil of college kids. Senator Warren, making the rounds to pitch yet another preachy tome, […]Jack Coleman
- NBC Lets Critics Shred Georgia's New Gun Law; the 'Guns Everywhere Bill' 'April 24, 2014 12:42 am'
- CBS, NBC Evening Newscasts Omit IRS Tax Cheats Getting Bonuses; Mark 1964 World's Fair 'April 23, 2014 9:25 pm'[…]anonymous
- Man charged with murder in nursing home deaths 'April 23, 2014 9:06 pm'By JUAN A. LOZANO HOUSTON (AP) — A resident of a Houston nursing home is accused of beating two of his roommates to death with the armrest of his wheelchair. Police spokesman Victor Senties said a 56-year-old resident will be charged with capital murder in the deaths of two other men, ages 77 and 51.read more […]superadm
- Gun carry rights expanded in Ga. under new law 'April 23, 2014 9:06 pm'By CHRISTINA A. CASSIDY ELLIJAY, Ga. (AP) — Under a law just signed by Georgia's governor, people with a license can carry a gun into bars, some government buildings and places of worship if religious leaders say it's OK.read more […]superadm
- Airport security vulnerabilities not uncommon 'April 23, 2014 9:06 pm'By JUSTIN PRITCHARD and MARTHA MENDOZA […]superadm
- Benzema gives Real Madrid 1-0 win over Bayern 'April 23, 2014 9:06 pm'By PAUL LOGOTHETIS […]superadm
- CBS, NBC Evening Newscasts Omit IRS Tax Cheats Getting Bonuses; Mark 1964 World's Fair 'April 23, 2014 9:25 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- U.S. doctors purchasing unapproved foreign drugs 'July 4, 2012 3:11 am'CBS News' Armen Keteyian reports on American doctors purchasing cancer drugs from overseas that have not had FDA approval […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'
- Racial Equality Loses at the Supreme Court 'April 23, 2014 7:16 pm'[…]
- It's All About May 25 in Ukraine 'April 23, 2014 7:10 pm'Thomas Friedman, New York TimesKIEV, Ukraine Â The word ÂmaidanÂ means ÂsquareÂ in Ukrainian and in Arabic. And the ÂIndependence MaidanÂ of Kiev, like the ÂTahrir MaidanÂ of Cairo, has been the scene of an awe-inspiring burst of democratic aspirations. The barricades of piled cobblestones, tires, wood beams and burned cars erected by Ukrainian revo […]
- Death and Anger on Everest 'April 23, 2014 7:09 pm'Jon Krakauer, The New YorkerFor many years, the most lucrative commercial guiding operation on Mt. Everest has been a company called Himalayan Experience, or Himex, which is owned by a New Zealand mountaineer named Russell Brice. In the spring of 2012, more than a month into the climbing season, he became increasingly worried about a bulge of glacial ice thr […]
- Feminists and the "Game of Thrones" Rape Debate 'April 23, 2014 7:05 pm'Cathy Young, RCPGame of Thrones, the HBO hit series now in its fourth season, based on George R.R. MartinÂs pseudo-medieval fantasy epic A Song of Ice and Fire, is big news. Every episode generates not only a tsunami of fan reaction but intense discussions by bloggers and journalists; the death of sadistic boy-king Joffrey may have made more headlines than […]
- Are Energy Companies the New Slave Masters? 'April 23, 2014 7:00 pm'Byron York, DC ExaminerBefore the cannons fired at Fort Sumter, the Confederates announced their rebellion with lofty rhetoric about “violations of the Constitution of the United States” and “encroachments upon the reserved rights of the States.” But the brute, bloody fact beneath those words was money. So much goddamn money. […]
- Racial Equality Loses at the Supreme Court 'April 23, 2014 7:16 pm'
- Georgia Governor Signs Unprecedented “Guns Everywhere” Bill: Carry at Schools, Churches and Government Buildings 'April 23, 2014 10:27 pm'People who follow the rules can protect themselves and their families from people who don’t follow the rules. […]Mac Slavo
- Pre-Crime Systems Now Actively Monitoring the Internet: “The Computer Algorithm Learns the Pattern and Produces a Prediction” 'April 23, 2014 4:43 pm'The next generation of systems are being used to actively monitor your digital interactions, surfing habits, conversations and daily sentiment in an effort to predict your future behavior. […]Mac Slavo
- NY Homeland Security Encourages Businesses to Snitch on Preppers as Terrorists 'April 23, 2014 12:55 pm'You're now suspected of being a terrorist if you buy these common preparedness supplies... […]Contributing Author
- 18 Stats That Prove That Government Dependence Has Reached Epidemic Levels 'April 22, 2014 11:15 pm'We have become a nation that is completely and totally addicted to government money. […]Contributing Author
- Obamacare Success: Half of Georgia’s Insurance Enrollees Fail to Make Monthly Payment 'April 22, 2014 5:48 pm'This is what happens when you pass the bill without first reading the bill... The problem has always been paying for it. You've got to rely on the other individuals who already have health care to pay for that. […]Mac Slavo
- Georgia Governor Signs Unprecedented “Guns Everywhere” Bill: Carry at Schools, Churches and Government Buildings 'April 23, 2014 10:27 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)