help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- In IRS Scandal, Begging Is Not an Action Plan 'March 10, 2014 5:00 am'Just as Obama’s weakness encourages Putin’s militarism, we encourage statists to continue trampling more of our freedoms by offering only token resistance and ineffective responses. […]
- The Media, not Racism, Turned the South Republican 'March 10, 2014 5:00 am'The one time the liberal media doesn't want to take credit for a good thing... […]
- Smart Guns: A Dumb Choice 'March 10, 2014 5:00 am'If smart gun technology were such a good idea, the police would be first in line to demand it. […]
- Boehner Wants to Wear Us Down on Amnesty 'March 10, 2014 5:00 am'The stakes are too high for this. Conservatives should remember as much on Election Day. […]
- A Sane Immigration Policy 'March 10, 2014 5:00 am'Because so many people hold such strong ideological views today, there’s pretty much no way any solution to the immigration problem is going to make everyone happy. […]
- In IRS Scandal, Begging Is Not an Action Plan 'March 10, 2014 5:00 am'
- Public Radio Show Oozes Edward Snowden Was ‘Bigger Than A Rock Star’ In Videolink Event With ACLU 'March 11, 2014 1:45 am'Leftists and libertarians who join them in their “national security state” rhetoric love Edward Snowden for leaking thousands of classified documents to leftist journalist Glenn Greenwald and to The Washington Post, exposing and compromising U.S. surveillance programs. On Monday night, the public radio show “The World” – distributed to NPR stations across A […]Tim Graham
- MSNBC.com Grouses 'Christie Aides Double Down' on 5th Amendment; No Such Concern with Lerner 'March 10, 2014 9:27 pm'When Obama IRS official Lois Lerner yet again pleaded the Fifth Amendment last Wednesday rather than answer challenging questions during a congressional hearing, the liberal media stifled yawns. To the extent the March 5 hearing was covered, media attention turned to the post-hearing fireworks between ranking member Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) and chairman […]Ken Shepherd
- ABC Skips Actor Liam Neeson Slamming Lib Mayor Bill de Blasio: 'Man Up' 'March 10, 2014 9:20 pm'Once again, ABC's Good Morning America avoided an issue that makes liberal New York Mayor Billl de Blasio look bad. CBS This Morning and NBC's Today on Monday both highlighted how popular actor Liam Neeson slammed the Democrat, telling him to "man up." Neeson and others are furious that de Blasio wants to ban horse-drawn carriage rides wi […]Scott Whitlock
- Weekend MSNBC Panel Bashes Sen. Cruz: ‘Aren’t We Past' Opposing ObamaCare Yet? 'March 10, 2014 9:10 pm'It was an absolute certainty that MSNBC would attack Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) following his Thursday morning speech at CPAC. On Saturday’s Weekends with Alex Witt, the host wrung her hands over Cruz’s continued criticism of ObamaCare. With the air of an impatient mother, Witt fumed, “I know he’s just serving up red meat to the base. Republicans believe this is […]Paul Bremmer
- Prove Me Wrong on Keystone Lobbying, Ed Schultz Brays. You're Wrong, Ed. 'March 10, 2014 8:57 pm'How do you know when Ed Schultz is way off the mark? Aside from the high likelihood of this whenever the man opens his mouth, it becomes nearly certain when what he says drips with bellicose certitude. A classic example came on "The Ed Show" March 7 when Schultz was discussing efforts to lobby Nebraska state lawmakers to support the Keystone XL pip […]Jack Coleman
- Public Radio Show Oozes Edward Snowden Was ‘Bigger Than A Rock Star’ In Videolink Event With ACLU 'March 11, 2014 1:45 am'
- Cosmo Touts Transgender Erotica Awards' 'T.E.A Party' 'March 10, 2014 8:49 pm'Cosmo loves the Tea Party - but it's not the one you're thinking of. In his latest piece for women's magazine Cosmopolitan, Frank Kobola applauded the new "less offensive name" of the annual Tranny Awards: the "Transgender Erotica Awards." default_blog.jpg read more […]craig
- Heisman winner Winston gets first start of season 'March 10, 2014 8:35 pm'[…]superadm
- Rubio: US bandwidth better used by cell providers 'March 10, 2014 8:34 pm'WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Marco Rubio says the government should give cellphone companies more airwaves and allow private companies to build a nationwide pipeline for oil and natural gas.read more […]superadm
- Feds: DC mayor knew of illegal shadow campaign 'March 10, 2014 8:34 pm'By BEN NUCKOLS WASHINGTON (AP) — Influential District of Columbia businessman Jeffrey Thompson was charged Monday with conspiracy to violate federal and local campaign finance laws by funding off-the-books campaign activity for candidates including Hillary Rodham Clinton and district Mayor Vincent Gray.read more […]superadm
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east 'March 10, 2014 8:34 pm'[…]superadm
- Cosmo Touts Transgender Erotica Awards' 'T.E.A Party' 'March 10, 2014 8:49 pm'
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- VP Biden Says He Needs Cops’ Help to Reinstate ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban and Much More 'December 20, 2012 8:20 pm'“We have to have a comprehensive way in which to respond to the mass murder of our children that we saw in Connecticut,” said Vice President Joe Biden today, meeting with the leaders of law enforcement organizations whom he said had been his “friends and... […]Jake Tapper
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- U.S. doctors purchasing unapproved foreign drugs 'July 4, 2012 3:11 am'CBS News' Armen Keteyian reports on American doctors purchasing cancer drugs from overseas that have not had FDA approval […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'
- Will Crimea Be Putin's Undoing? 'March 10, 2014 8:25 pm'David Remnick, The New YorkerIn 1990, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn emerged from his isolation in Cavendish, Vermont, and issued a vatic manifesto entitled ÂHow to Revitalize Russia.Â Published at great length in Komsomolskaya Pravda, it was a document out of time, written in a prophetic nineteenth-century voice, with archaic diction and priestly cadences. Solzhe […]
- McConnell: We Will "Crush" Conservative Challenges 'March 10, 2014 7:54 pm'Carl Hulse, NYTWASHINGTON Â As conservative activist groups stirred up trouble for establishment Republican Senate candidates in 2010 and 2012, party leaders in Washington first tried to ignore the insurgents, then tried to reason with them, and ultimately left it to primary voters to settle the matter. […]
- Science and Reason vs. Political Correctness 'March 10, 2014 7:25 pm'Victor Davis Hanson, IBDPresident Obama entered office promising to restore the sanctity of science. Instead, a fresh war against science, statistics and reason is being waged on behalf of politically correct politics.After the Sandy Hook tragedy, the president attempted to convert national outrage into new gun-control legislation. Specifically, he focused o […]
- Everyone Economics 'March 10, 2014 6:41 pm'Teixeira & Molyneux, The New RepublicFor years, a false assumption about economic growth has tilted the rhetorical playing field sharply to the right. The assumption that inequality is the necessary price we pay for growth provides conservatives with justification for opposing efforts to expand equality. If inequality makes everyone better off (in absolu […]
- Dems Have a Young People Problem, Too 'March 10, 2014 6:39 pm'John Sides, Washington PostA new Pew Research Center report on millennials has been receiving well-deserved attention. For politics, the prevailing interpretation of the report seems to be: Republicans are screwed. Millennials are more liberal and Democratic-leaning than older generations, and because most millennials will outlive those older generations, th […]
- Will Crimea Be Putin's Undoing? 'March 10, 2014 8:25 pm'
- Game Changer: It Will Be Shocking for the Average American: “Your Cost of Living Will Quadruple” 'March 9, 2014 10:47 pm'I don't think the people of Rome thought that Rome would ever fall as an empire... but it did. […]Mac Slavo
- Ukraine’s Military Mobilizes, Prepares For Combat: Trucks, APCs, SAMs, Howitzers, Tanks Rolling Out 'March 9, 2014 5:13 pm'No worries though, because as soon as President Obama finishes up the Back 9 at his latest golf outing he'll jump on the phone (with the Presidential Pen in tow) to hash things out with Vladimir Putin. […]Contributing Author
- This World Bank Insider Will Blow You Away: “There Is A Huge Global Conspiracy” 'March 8, 2014 10:44 pm'We have solved the mystery as to why humanity has had nothing but wars and terrible problems... […]Mac Slavo
- Video: Putin Says He Will Use Human Shields: “We Will Put Their Women and Children in Front of Our Troops, Not Behind” 'March 8, 2014 6:56 pm'I want you to understand it unambiguously. If we do take a decision, it would only be to protect Ukrainian citizens. […]Mac Slavo
- Economist Warns of Collapse Risk: “Will Not Allow Life to Continue As We Know It” 'March 7, 2014 9:35 pm'The system is very vulnerable... […]Mac Slavo
- Game Changer: It Will Be Shocking for the Average American: “Your Cost of Living Will Quadruple” 'March 9, 2014 10:47 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)