help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Obamacare 2015 Includes Federal Subsidies for Abortion 'November 26, 2014 6:00 am'ObamaCare is perhaps the single greatest expansion of funding for elective abortion coverage. […]
- The Rule of Memo 'November 26, 2014 6:00 am'Wow. That's some executive order in illegal immigration amnesty. Except there isn’t one. […]
- China: The Window Is Closing 'November 26, 2014 6:00 am'[…]
- Obama on 'Gang-Bangers,' Hoodies, and Illegals Emptying Bedpans 'November 26, 2014 6:00 am'“You know, this is a country that allows everybody to express their views.” […]
- How Jerusalem Became Islam's 'Third Holiest City' 'November 26, 2014 6:00 am'How do Muslims justify banning prayer on Judaism's first holiest site? […]
- Obamacare 2015 Includes Federal Subsidies for Abortion 'November 26, 2014 6:00 am'
- CBS, NBC Promote ObamaCare Regulation on Publicly Displaying Calorie Counts 'November 26, 2014 7:43 am'During their Tuesday evening newscasts, CBS and NBC squeezed in a few moments each to promote the newest health-related regulation set to affect Americans under ObamaCare next year in the form of additional requirements regarding the listing of calories for food and drinks at public eating establishments, vending machines, and movie theaters. Both networks p […]Curtis Houck
- Schumer: Election Results Show That Dems Need to Go Further Left 'November 26, 2014 4:33 am'An Associated Press story late this afternoon has New York Senator Chuck Schumer saying the darnedest things, with only a tiny bit of pushback from reporter Charles Babington. In the wake of a midterm election rout which saw Republicans win at least eight Senate seats, increase their House majority, and take gubernatorial races in at least three deep blue st […]Tom Blumer
- NYT Finds Excuses for Ferguson Violence, Treats Mo. Gov. Jay Nixon Like a Republican 'November 26, 2014 3:57 am'New York Times reporters covered in (mostly) fair fashion the grand jury announcement from Ferguson, Mo. announcing that no charges would be brought against the white police officer who shot black teenager Michael Brown. But a racially charged profile of Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon's response was so hostile, you'd think he was a Republican. […]Clay Waters
- Bozell & Graham Column: Time to Stop The Moderator Masochism 'November 26, 2014 3:54 am'On an interview tour for his new book on President Obama, NBC’s Chuck Todd told Larry King that his conversations with Obama are “very nourishing.” Even after six or seven years of adoration, reporters still sound like then-NBC reporter Lee Cowan admitting in 2008 that being assigned to the Obama campaign made his “knees quake.” He wondered if “he could do t […]Tim Graham
- Geraldo Turns In His Facebook Haters, 'You LIttle Pieces of S**t' 'November 26, 2014 3:45 am'Uh oh. Looks like Geraldo Rivera is making a list and checking it twice….then sending it to Fox News and Facebook authorities because he doesn’t like people who disagree with his stance on Obama’s “deportation relief plan.” Rivera, a Fox News Senior Correspondent, posted the following on his Facebook page: […]Melissa Mullins
- CBS, NBC Promote ObamaCare Regulation on Publicly Displaying Calorie Counts 'November 26, 2014 7:43 am'
- Health insurance sign-ups coming to shopping malls 'November 26, 2014 8:35 pm'CHICAGO (AP) — The Obama administration is bringing the Affordable Care Act to the mall for the busiest shopping days of the holiday season. The Department of Health and Human Services is announcing Wednesday a partnership with Westfield Shopping Centers in seven states.read more […]superadm
- 58 arrested in 2nd night of Ferguson-area protests 'November 26, 2014 8:35 pm'FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Authorities have raised the arrest total from the second night of protests over the grand jury decision in the Michael Brown case to 58.read more […]superadm
- A burden further south, snow makes ski areas giddy 'November 26, 2014 8:35 pm'By WILSON RING MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Ski areas across northern New England were giddy Wednesday at the prospect of a major Thanksgiving snowstorm that is bringing early season skiers to the slopes and offering a promising start to the winter season.read more […]superadm
- Rivalry week will be last stand for some coaches 'November 26, 2014 8:35 pm'By RALPH D. RUSSO […]superadm
- Juicy Thanksgiving fare for NFL fans 'November 26, 2014 8:35 pm'By BARRY WILNER Here's how critical Philadelphia's game at Dallas will be on Thanksgiving Day: The winner can start thinking about a home postseason game, maybe even a bye for the wild-card round. The loser winds up needing to win the rematch in 17 days to be viable in the NFC East.read more […]superadm
- Health insurance sign-ups coming to shopping malls 'November 26, 2014 8:35 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Letter to a Manhattan Resident 'November 26, 2014 8:24 pm'Francis Menton, Manhattan ContrarianLast week the Manhattan Institute's City Journal published one of my articles, titled "Letter to a Manhattan Resident." I'm putting the first part of it here, with a link over to the City Journal if you want to read the whole thing. I am a resident of Greenwich Village in Manhattan. Recently, I received […]
- Anti-Tax Push Harms Government 'November 26, 2014 8:10 pm'Catherine Rampell, Washington PostDon’t tax you, don’t tax me. Tax that feller behind the tree. Or better yet, don’t call it a tax at all: Call it a fine, forfeiture, fee. Really, any word except “tax” will do. […]
- Ezra Klein's House of Privilege 'November 26, 2014 8:07 pm'Erick Erickson, RedStateI finally understand white privilege. It is a detachment that lets certain people be detached from the real world while pretending to cover it accurately and emote with it. I get it. It is the only thing that can explain this post by Ezra Klein. Klein just cannot fathom that an eighteen year old who’d just robbed a story would tell a […]
- Officer Wilson's Story Is Unbelievable. Literally. 'November 26, 2014 8:06 pm'Ezra Klein, VoxWe've finally heard from Officer Darren Wilson. Wilson had been publicly silent since the events of August 9, when he shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. And, even as the grand jury announced its decision not to indict him, he remained silent. He had his attorneys release a statement on his behalf. […]
- Congress Can't Break Highway Gridlock 'November 26, 2014 8:02 pm'Michael Needham, RCPÂI donÂt want to say theyÂre unsafe, but theyÂre dangerous.ÂThat was how President ObamaÂs former transportation secretary Ray LaHood described AmericaÂs roads and bridges in a pre-Thanksgiving interview on CBSÂs 60 Minutes. The high-profile story left viewers with the distinct impression that AmericaÂs roads and bridges are crum […]
- Letter to a Manhattan Resident 'November 26, 2014 8:24 pm'
- Live Streams: National Guard Deployed to Ferguson… Armed With Automatic Weapons… SWAT Teams Blanket City 'November 26, 2014 4:50 am'Missouri State SWAT Teams Deployed across the city... Police warn crowds to disperse or face arrest... […]Mac Slavo
- This Is Why You Should NEVER Trust a Bank: Wells Fargo Refuses To Pay Woman What She’s Owed: “Practically Laughed At Me” 'November 25, 2014 8:55 pm'If you have your money at a bank then you should fully expect it to be disappeared at the very moment you need it most. […]Mac Slavo
- Debt: “Some Forms of Slavery Have Been Outlawed, But Most Insidious Form is More Pervasive Than Ever” 'November 25, 2014 6:05 pm'From the dawn of history, elites have always attempted to enslave humanity. In modern debt slavery, you become a “human resource” that is being exploited to serve the interests of others. […]Contributing Author
- Updated: Ferguson Ground Teams Report Shots Fired, SWAT Teams Deployed, Firefighters Pull Back: “Everyone In the Street Area Is Subject to Arrest” 'November 25, 2014 3:46 am'A series of about three shots is heard on tape less than an hour after the decision not to charge Officer Darren Wilson was made public in a televised announcement. […]Mac Slavo
- Moments From Ferguson Announcement, Police Scanners Broadcast: “Let’s Get Ready to Rumble” 'November 25, 2014 12:17 am'In just a short time, the world will find out if the Grand Jury decision in Ferguson will lead to violence, unrest, clashes with riot police or all out martial law. […]Mac Slavo
- Live Streams: National Guard Deployed to Ferguson… Armed With Automatic Weapons… SWAT Teams Blanket City 'November 26, 2014 4:50 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)