help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Time for a More Assertive Congress 'September 2, 2014 5:00 am'If our Congress wishes to fight its steady march into irrelevance it will have to actually go back to doing its job. […]
- 58 Senate Seats for the GOP? 'September 2, 2014 5:00 am'Fifty-eight senate seats might see some solid conservative legislation passed. […]
- One Little Change for the Federal Reserve 'September 2, 2014 5:00 am'Congress has been abdicating its own responsibilities for improving the economy to the Fed. […]
- Child Labor Day 'September 2, 2014 5:00 am'Since our liberal masters are eager to look back to the past for inspiration let us join them and amaze the world with the idea that children should work. […]
- The Hamas Lion that did not Roar 'September 2, 2014 5:00 am'Khalid Meshaal -- courageously defying Israel from a hotel suite in Qatar. […]
- Time for a More Assertive Congress 'September 2, 2014 5:00 am'
- Star Gets Testy When 'Obvious Child' Is Billed an 'Abortion Rom-Com' 'September 2, 2014 12:14 am'The movie Obvious Child is debuting across the pond, and before it has gone reviews and opinions from America, pretty much all pegging it as “the abortion romcom,” to quote The Guardian. But the movie’s star, Jenny Slate (pictured above in a scene from the movie), doesn’t like that portrayal: read more […]Jill Stanek
- Ed Schultz Quickly Backpedals After Slamming Obama's Cluelessness on ISIS 'September 1, 2014 11:15 pm'What a difference that a few hours -- and change in media platform -- can make when it comes to criticism of President Obama. On his daily podcast this past Friday, Ed Schultz was surprisingly blunt in hitting Obama for his startling admission a day earlier that "we don't have a strategy" for confronting the deadly threat from the feral Islami […]Jack Coleman
- Feminist Rages Against 'Sex-Obsessed Christian Group' Spreading 'Myth' Of an Oversexed Pop Culture 'September 1, 2014 6:42 pm'Over at Salon.com, feminist writer Amanda Marcotte is as consistent as the Parents Television Council in addressing MTV. PTC thinks it's a smutty channel, especially due to buzz-baiting sexual pranks like the twerking of Miley Cyrus at the 2013 show. Marcotte thinks if anything, MTV is behind the curve of cultural progress. Marcotte believes that the […]Tim Graham
- Latest 'World News' Anchor David Muir Loves 'Cool Kid Obama,' Mocked Romney 'September 1, 2014 4:05 pm'Starting on Tuesday, ABC journalist David Muir will replace Diane Sawyer as the anchor of World News. Given the liberal legacy of predecessors like Peter Jennings and Sawyer, it's not surprising that Muir has a history of fawning over "cool kid" Barack Obama and attacking conservatives. The Media Research Center has compiled a Profile in Bias […]Scott Whitlock
- NBC's Dr. Nancy Snyderman: Joan Rivers Emergency Underlines Importance of Hospital Admitting Privileges 'September 1, 2014 3:09 pm'Comedienne Joan Rivers remains in critical condition today after going into respiratory and cardiac arrest August 29 during what has been described as a “routine throat procedure,” a “minor procedure,” and “outpatient surgery.” Rivers was rushed by ambulance from Yorkville Endoscopy to Mount Sinai Hospital, located nine blocks apart. read more […]Jill Stanek
- Star Gets Testy When 'Obvious Child' Is Billed an 'Abortion Rom-Com' 'September 2, 2014 12:14 am'
- Your Top Plays for Today 'September 2, 2014 7:04 am'By The Associated Press […]superadm
- Dizzy in heat, Bouchard out of upset-heavy US Open 'September 2, 2014 7:04 am'By JAMES MARTINEZ […]superadm
- US military targets extremists in Somalia 'September 2, 2014 7:04 am'WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. military forces targeted the Islamic extremist al-Shabab network in an operation Monday in Somalia, the Pentagon said. Spokesman Rear Adm. John Kirby said the U.S. was assessing the results and would provide more information when appropriate. No further details were available.read more […]superadm
- Gunmen in Tunisia attempt to kill politician 'September 2, 2014 7:04 am'TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — Tunisian authorities say a parliamentarian narrowly escaped assassination by masked men in Kasserine, a city near the Algerian border. Interior Ministry spokesman Mohamed Ali Aroui said six men came to the home of Mohammed Ali Nasri, a member of the secular party "Nida Tounes" (Tunisia's Call), early Tuesday morning.read […]superadm
- Cops: Groom, 2 others charged after wedding brawl 'September 2, 2014 7:04 am'PITTSBURGH (AP) — A western Pennsylvania groom spent his wedding night in the back of a police car after allegedly harassing a waitress at the reception then resisting arrest after an altercation with the pregnant woman's boyfriend.read more […]superadm
- Your Top Plays for Today 'September 2, 2014 7:04 am'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Residency Issue Comes to the Fore in Key Races 'September 2, 2014 2:40 am'Caitlin Huey-Burns, RCPLouisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu is one of the most vulnerable Democratic incumbents this cycle, and her re-election race is one of the most watched. It is not only expected to be a long one, as a December runoff seems likely, it could also play an instrumental role in determining which party controls the U.S. Senate next year. So when a r […]
- Try Realism in the Middle East 'September 2, 2014 2:39 am'Richard Cohen, Washington PostAmerica rarely does time capsules anymore, but the ones it does should include videos from February 2011 of American TV reporters exulting in the triumph of the Arab Spring. "This is the sound of a people rising," ABC's Terry Moran told us from Cairo. For Egyptians, it was a day "when a people rose and made t […]
- What the Left Must Do to Defeat the Wingnuts 'September 2, 2014 2:36 am'Joan Walsh, Salon […]
- Year of the Woman Governor Hits a Snag 'September 2, 2014 2:34 am'Kyle Cheney, Politico […]
- It's Still Not the End of History 'September 2, 2014 2:32 am'Timothy Stanley & Alexander Lee, Atlantic […]
- Residency Issue Comes to the Fore in Key Races 'September 2, 2014 2:40 am'
- U.S. Preps For Ebola Outbreak: Cases May Exceed 100,000 By December: “The Numbers Are Really Scary” 'September 1, 2014 7:54 pm'Researcher: "We all hope to see this NOT happening" […]Mac Slavo
- The Blueprint for World War III : “This War Will Be Utterly Devastating” 'August 30, 2014 9:43 pm'Your children picked a very bad time to be born. The only winners in what is coming will be the Satan-serving bankers who are bankrolling both sides of the coming conflict. […]Contributing Author
- Strategic Relocation Briefing: “Once You Have These First Three Criteria Met, Then It’s Worth Defending” 'August 30, 2014 12:45 am'Finding the right balance between government regulations, gun ownership, resource availability, geography, proximity to cities and overall safety are all important considerations to make. […]Contributing Author
- Wall Street Admits That A Cyberattack Could Crash Our Banking System At Any Time 'August 29, 2014 3:38 pm'It is probably only a matter of time until we experience a technological 9/11. […]Contributing Author
- Massive 60% Stock Market Correction Coming: “Period Of Extreme Turmoil” 'August 28, 2014 7:18 pm'What happens next is anyone's guess, but given the seriousness of the crisis in 2008, we should expect the entire bottom to fall out of not only stock markets, but the economy and the U.S. dollar as well. […]Mac Slavo
- U.S. Preps For Ebola Outbreak: Cases May Exceed 100,000 By December: “The Numbers Are Really Scary” 'September 1, 2014 7:54 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)