help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- CAIR Mourns Charlie Hebdo, Yet Advocates Censorship 'January 25, 2015 6:00 am'A trip down a bad memory lane is necessary in order to evaluate critically CAIR’s commitment to free speech rights. […]
- Dad, the Elderly White Woman, and Race Exploiters 'January 25, 2015 6:00 am'Interracial random acts of kindness happen every day in America. […]
- France without Jews Is Not France 'January 25, 2015 6:00 am'So says French prime minister Manuel Valls, joined by the whole of French history. […]
- El-Sisi Modifies Stance on Islamic Reform at Davos 'January 25, 2015 6:00 am'Egypt’s president backs away from his historic call for doctrinal reform. […]
- Old Religious Hatreds Die Hard 'January 25, 2015 6:00 am'If he were alive today, James Blaine might be kicking himself over his shortsightedness, along with the Protestant leaders who thought they were protecting Protestant schools from incursions by ‘the papists’ by adopting Blaine Amendments -- now being used to block true school choice […]
- CAIR Mourns Charlie Hebdo, Yet Advocates Censorship 'January 25, 2015 6:00 am'
- Liberal Jane Fonda on Infamous Vietnam Photo: 'I Made a Huge Mistake' 'January 25, 2015 9:45 pm'Liberal actress Jane Fonda has renounced a famous anti-war picture she posed in. Speaking of a 1972 photo featuring her sitting next to North Vietnamese anti-aircraft battery, Fonda called it a "huge, huge mistake." The actress appeared at an event in Maryland that was protested by Vietnam vets. […]Scott Whitlock
- Salon Writer: Jon Stewart’s ‘Hostile’ Satire ‘An Apt Response’ to Right-Wing ‘Bullsh*tters’ 'January 25, 2015 7:51 pm'Georgetown professor Aaron Hanlon argues that Stewart’s foul-mouthed rants in response to conservatives are appropriate given that “his objects of critique aren’t interested in reasoned dialogue, clever jabs or unveiled truths.” […]Tom Johnson
- CNN Avoids Mentioning Bill Clinton in Sex Fiend Island Stories 'January 25, 2015 7:42 pm'CNN.com published two stories in a row last week about the developing Sex Fiend Island scandal. Most of the focus was on Prince Andrew while a certain former president was noticeably missing despite being mentioned in numerous stories from sources other than CNN. […]P.J. Gladnick
- ‘Meet The Press’ Panel Hits GOP Over Iowa ‘Freedom Summit’ 'January 25, 2015 6:13 pm'Following Congressman Steve King’s (R-IA) Iowa Freedom Summit, which hosted several potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates, the panel on NBC’s Meet the Press on Sunday morning happily scolded the GOPers for attending the prominent conservative gathering. During the discussion, Helene Cooper, correspondent for The New York Times, argued that Republ […]Jeffrey Meyer
- Cokie Roberts: GOP ‘Should Stay Out of Iowa Altogether’ 'January 25, 2015 4:38 pm'Over the weekend, Congressman Steve King (R-IA) hosted the Iowa Freedom Summit, which featured several potential Republican presidential candidates and on Sunday's ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Cokie Roberts, correspondent for NPR, eagerly took a shot at the gathering of influential conservatives. Speaking during the show’s panel discussio […]Jeffrey Meyer
- Liberal Jane Fonda on Infamous Vietnam Photo: 'I Made a Huge Mistake' 'January 25, 2015 9:45 pm'
- 'Potentially historic' storm headed for Northeast 'January 25, 2015 10:06 pm'[…]superadm
- Family attorney: Cubs great Ernie Banks died of heart attack 'January 25, 2015 10:06 pm'[…]superadm
- Coach K gets 1,000th win as No. 5 Duke tops St. John's 77-68 'January 25, 2015 10:06 pm'By MIKE FITZPATRICK […]superadm
- Kerry in Nigeria to warn against postelection violence 'January 25, 2015 10:06 pm'By KEN DILANIAN […]superadm
- Boko Haram attacks northeastern Nigerian city, scores killed 'January 25, 2015 10:06 pm'By HARUNA UMAR MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's military says Islamic extremists are attacking Maiduguri, the biggest city in northeast Nigeria, and a soldier says dozens of combatants have been killed and wounded. Troops are blocking roads leading to Maiduguri, a city of more than 1 million, preventing civilians from escaping. read more […]superadm
- 'Potentially historic' storm headed for Northeast 'January 25, 2015 10:06 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- How Christie Woos the Skeptics in Iowa 'January 25, 2015 7:00 pm'Tom Moran, NJ Star-Ledger […]
- The Humiliation of Tom Brady 'January 25, 2015 6:58 pm'Ian Crouch, The New Yorker […]
- GOP Hopefuls Make Pitches at IA Summit 'January 25, 2015 6:52 pm'Jennifer Jacobs, DM Register […]
- 'No-Go Zones' Not a Conservative Meme 'January 25, 2015 6:47 pm'Jonathan Tobin, Commentary […]
- No Child's College Fund Left Behind 'January 25, 2015 6:40 pm'Howie Carr, Boston Herald […]
- How Christie Woos the Skeptics in Iowa 'January 25, 2015 7:00 pm'
- How the UN Is Confiscating American Homes and Controlling All Food and Energy 'January 24, 2015 3:43 am'Many unaware Americans still mistakenly believe that they have dominion over their lives and personal choices. […]Contributing Author
- Graphic Video: The Only Proof You Need That Guns Save Lives: “I Did The Right Thing” 'January 23, 2015 5:39 pm'What would you do if you were minding your own business in the comfort of your own home and a machete-wielding maniac started kicking in your door? […]Mac Slavo
- ‘Hidden Agenda Within Intelligence Community Allowed Paris Attacks’ for a Police State With Grand Spy Powers 'January 22, 2015 9:34 pm'Former intelligence linguist Scott Rickard accused U.S. intelligence of looking the other way on the terrorist attacks in Paris to further a 'hidden agenda.' […]Mac Slavo
- Dr. Doom Explains How To ‘Short’ Central Banks When Public Confidence Collapses: “It’s The Only Way” 'January 22, 2015 5:39 pm'It’s going to end in a complete disaster... […]Mac Slavo
- “D” Weapons Use Appliances to Spy on Homes, Internet as Cyber Battleground: “World War III is a Guerrilla Information War” 'January 21, 2015 10:35 am'The digital surveillance age does not make spying merely possible or probable in a theoretical sense. Instead, it is a living matrix that spies automatically. […]Mac Slavo
- How the UN Is Confiscating American Homes and Controlling All Food and Energy 'January 24, 2015 3:43 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)