help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- A Dybbuk in the White House 'April 27, 2015 5:00 am'In Jewish folklore a dead malcontent may return to possess the living. For all its wicked antics the dybbuk wants nothing more sinister than to settle a score. […]
- Killer Mike Is A Good Guy 'April 27, 2015 5:00 am'...Except for the part where he urges black people to kill cops, says Fox News host. […]
- A Century Later: Not the Guns of August, But Perhaps September 'April 27, 2015 5:00 am'The world could stumble into war, as it did 100 years ago. Whoever hired the snipers of Maidan Square have a lot to answer for, including making China’s planned war in Asia more difficult for the US and its allies. […]
- The Clinton Myth 'April 27, 2015 5:00 am'The myth of Bill and Hillary as successful political campaigner will be shown in 2016 to be one of the silliest ideas in American political history. […]
- Is Amnesty International Anti-Semitic? 'April 27, 2015 5:00 am'Human rights matter – except, apparently, when it comes to Jews. […]
- A Dybbuk in the White House 'April 27, 2015 5:00 am'
- Dan Rather on Brian Williams Controversy: ‘How Big Is It?’ 'April 27, 2015 3:55 pm'Disgraced former CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather appeared on CNN’s Reliable Sources to discuss the ongoing Brian Williams saga and did his best to downplay the significance when he asked “in the great scheme of things, how big is it?” […]Jeffrey Meyer
- ABC, CBS Allow a Scant 45 Seconds on Clinton Foundation's 'Mistakes' 'April 27, 2015 3:39 pm'ABC and CBS on Monday allowed a mere 45 seconds combined to the admission of "mistakes" by the Clinton Foundation in improperly filing taxes for years. The two hour-long Good Morning America managed a scant 20 seconds, but over three minutes to Grey's Anatomy star Patrick Dempsey being killed off his show. Not exactly the most pressing topic. […]Scott Whitlock
- NBC's Guthrie to Schweizer: Are You Trying to 'Torpedo' Hillary With 'Right-Wing Hit Job'? 'April 27, 2015 3:22 pm'In an interview with Clinton Cash author Peter Schweizer on Monday's NBC Today about the scandal swirling around the Clinton Foundation, co-host Savannah Guthrie worried about the political fallout for Hillary Clinton: "Before we get into some of the details, let's put it bluntly. Are you hoping that this book and the issues you raise in it to […]Kyle Drennen
- Lefty Journo: Israel Visits Nepal Quake to 'Learn How to Kill Better' 'April 27, 2015 3:15 pm'Leftist journalist Rania Khalek tweeted to fellow leftist Max Blumenthal: "Did you ever consider that maybe Israel is heading to Nepal to learn from the earthquake how to kill better?" […]Tim Graham
- Not News: Baltimore Mayor Says 'Protesters' Who Wish to Can Have 'Space' to 'Destroy' 'April 27, 2015 2:53 pm'At a Sunday press conference, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake told reporters that she and the law enforcement in the city she runs have a de facto responsibility, in the name of "balance," to give "space" to "destroy" to "protesters" who have such a desire. This obviously newsworthy pull quote condoning proper […]Tom Blumer
- Dan Rather on Brian Williams Controversy: ‘How Big Is It?’ 'April 27, 2015 3:55 pm'
- US lowers fluoride in water; too much causing splotchy teeth 'April 27, 2015 4:07 pm'By MIKE STOBBE NEW YORK (AP) — The government is lowering the recommended level of fluoride in drinking water for the first time in more than 50 years. Health officials say some people are getting too much fluoride now because it is also added to toothpaste, mouthwash and other products.read more […]superadm
- Boston Marathon bomber's lawyer urges jury to spare his life 'April 27, 2015 4:06 pm'By DENISE LAVOIE […]superadm
- Latest on police-custody death: Garner's daughter at funeral 'April 27, 2015 4:06 pm'By The Associated Press […]superadm
- Latest on Boston trial: Defense says finger photo 'immature' 'April 27, 2015 4:06 pm'By The Associated Press 10:20 a.m. A lawyer for Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) is urging the jury to send him to prison for the rest of his life, saying, "There is no point in trying to hurt him as he hurt because it can't be done."read more […]superadm
- Truckers at nation's biggest port complex strike over wages 'April 27, 2015 4:06 pm'LOS ANGELES (AP) — Truck drivers who haul goods from the nation's busiest port complex in Los Angeles and Long Beach could stay home Monday in a long-running labor dispute. The results of a weekend vote from Teamsters are set to be revealed and could lead to a partial work stoppage at the ports, officials said.read more […]superadm
- US lowers fluoride in water; too much causing splotchy teeth 'April 27, 2015 4:07 pm'
- Latest on Police-Custody Death: Police Receive Gang Threat 'April 27, 2015 4:12 pm'The latest on Baltimore police-custody death: Police: Gangs threatening to 'take out' officers […]
- Kerry, Zarif Set for Nuke Talks in NY as Senate Weighs Move 'April 27, 2015 4:12 pm'Obama administration seeks to advance Iran deal as Senate weighs how hard to press the brakes […]
- Don Mankiewicz, Oscar-Nominated Screenwriter, Dies at 93 'April 27, 2015 4:09 pm'Don Mankiewicz, Oscar-nominated screenwriter who also created 'Marcus Welby, M.D.', dies at 93 […]
- Burundi Red Cross: 6 Killed in Anti-President Protests 'April 27, 2015 4:09 pm'Burundi Red Cross: 6 killed in street protests against 3rd term for president […]
- Loretta Lynch Sworn in as New US Attorney General 'April 27, 2015 4:09 pm'Loretta Lynch sworn in as new US attorney general; replaces Eric Holder after 6-year tenure […]
- Latest on Police-Custody Death: Police Receive Gang Threat 'April 27, 2015 4:12 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- From Dish Washer to Franchise Owner--to Target 'April 27, 2015 1:16 pm'Amir Siddiqi, WSJIn 1985 I left my home in Pakistan at age 19 and came to the United States with the help of an uncle. I considered this my best chance to start a life away from the government control and corruption that troubled my country. That proved true. Through hard work, I learned to run restaurants and I now own dozens of stores as a franchisee. But […]
- The Shadow of Eric Garner 'April 27, 2015 12:53 pm'John Judis, National JournalIt may seem like ancient history after a decade and a half of war and economic upheaval, but it was not so long ago that "law and order" was one of the key dividing lines in American politics. Specifically, it was a wedge issue that allowed Republicans, beginning in the mid-1960s, to break off white working-class voters […]
- Is Democracy Unraveling? 'April 27, 2015 12:52 pm'E.J. Dionne, Washington PostWASHINGTON -- The world's democracies, perhaps especially our own, face a peculiar set of contradictions that are undermining faith in public endeavor and unraveling old loyalties.There is a decline of trust in traditional political parties but also a rise in partisanship. A broad desire for governments to reduce the levels o […]
- U.S. Must Support Mideast Democracy 'April 27, 2015 12:51 pm'Jackson Diehl, Washington PostIf the Arab Spring had fulfilled its promise, Maikel Nabil Sanad would be part of a lively political culture in a rapidly modernizing Egypt. Instead, the 29-year-old activist — who was Egypt’s first conscientious objector and is a pro-Israel atheist, to boot — is in Washington, appealing for political asylum. […]
- So, What About Money in Politics? 'April 27, 2015 12:49 pm'Jay Cost, Weekly StandardHillary Clinton has been an international celebrity for a quarter-century, and since Bill Clinton left office, the two of them have monetized their worldwide renown to a mind-boggling extent. In her last official filing for the State Department, Clinton listed her net worth as between $5 and $25 million. […]
- From Dish Washer to Franchise Owner--to Target 'April 27, 2015 1:16 pm'
- It’s Over: This Is the ONLY Picture You Need To See To Know It’s Time To Get Out Of Stocks 'April 26, 2015 12:13 am'Some 7.2 million stock trading accounts have been opened in just the last two months... […]Mac Slavo
- A Green Beret’s Guide To Action Bags: “Your Go-To-Kit When You Have To Pop Smoke & Depart In a Rapid Manner” 'April 25, 2015 7:44 pm'You can have more than one A-bag and it is advisable, depending on the manner in which you live, your geographical area, and your needs. […]Contributing Author
- The Next Phase of Global Economic Crisis: “It Is Going To Shock The World” 'April 24, 2015 11:34 pm'What we are experiencing right now is the proverbial “calm before the storm”... […]Contributing Author
- Report: JP Morgan Chase Prepares For Crisis By Stockpiling Silver: “An Exceptionally Large Amount” 'April 24, 2015 6:27 pm'If his words aren’t enough to convince you we have a systemic problem that will soon come to the forefront, maybe the recent actions of his secretive trading desks will suffice... […]Mac Slavo
- Going Rogue: 15 Ways to Detach From the System 'April 23, 2015 8:39 pm'Collectively speaking, the contribution from our easy lifestyle and comfort level has created rampant complacency and a population of dependent, self-entitled mediocres. […]Contributing Author
- It’s Over: This Is the ONLY Picture You Need To See To Know It’s Time To Get Out Of Stocks 'April 26, 2015 12:13 am'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)