help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Obama: Guns and Poses 'October 6, 2015 5:00 am'It is Obama’s governing style to take credit for the good that happens, and take umbrage over the rest. […]
- The Latest Skirmishes on the Inequality Front 'October 6, 2015 5:00 am'Hillary Clinton is appealing to one of the vilest, basest forms of politics to shore up popularity. […]
- Bad China, Good China 'October 6, 2015 5:00 am'Though they have a common culture, the two Chinas -- The People's Republic and Taiwan -- couldn’t be more different. […]
- Who Will Save Middle East Christians: Obama or Putin? 'October 6, 2015 5:00 am'When a former KGB agent turns around and professes Orthodox Christianity, it tends to raise some eyebrows. […]
- Among House Conservatives, Indians but no Chief 'October 6, 2015 5:00 am'House conservatives can’t find – or settle on – a leader. And that’s not good for the cause. […]
- Obama: Guns and Poses 'October 6, 2015 5:00 am'
- CNN's Banfield: Gun Rights Supporters Want to 'Tear Apart the 4th Amendment' 'October 6, 2015 10:28 pm'Appearing as a guest on Monday's The Nightly Show on Comedy Central, during a discussion of recent mass shootings, CNN host Ashley Banfield declared that it is "amazing" that, although "those who support gun ownership and gun rights" treat the Second Amendment as "unassailable," they wish to "tear apart the Fourth Amen […]Brad Wilmouth
- CNN Hypes 'Groundbreaking' Euthanasia Law; Turns Only to Advocates 'October 6, 2015 10:15 pm'CNN wasn't interested in balance on Tuesday, as three straight programs brought on pro-euthanasia activists to tout California's new "End of Life Option Act," which was signed into law on Monday. All three also left out opponents of the legislation. CNN Newsroom featured a man whose wife was the subject of a HBO documentary titled How to […]Matthew Balan
- Just in Time for Halloween, MSNBC Reportedly In Talks to Resurrect Keith Olbermann's Show 'October 6, 2015 9:47 pm'With Halloween on the horizon, October is a month full of such scary things as ghosts, goblins and … a possible return to MSNBC by fire-breathing former anchor Keith Olbermann. According to an exclusive article by Joe Concha on the Mediaite.com website, NBC News president Andy Lack is looking for someone to solidify the network's prime-time line-up and […]Randy Hall
- Awww! Justice Breyer Ducks Question on Citizens United Ruling During MSNBC Interview 'October 6, 2015 9:39 pm'"Tonight for the interview ..." -- or The Interview as this species of schmooze is known on The Rachel Maddow Show -- "we've got a sitting Supreme Court justice," trumpeted Maddow on her program Friday night. "What?! Yes! ... It is very rare for Justice Breyer to do an interview but we have got that here tonight." Halfway t […]Jack Coleman
- Hypocrisy: Gun-Owning View Hosts Call for More Gun Control 'October 6, 2015 9:09 pm'Two of the self-admitted gun owners on The View called for more gun control, Tuesday, lecturing Americans about the need for new restrictions. Raven-Symone demanded, “There need to be stricter gun laws. I have guns I understand how to use them.” She added, “I personally think you need tougher gun laws and there needs to be some type of reform.” […]Scott Whitlock
- CNN's Banfield: Gun Rights Supporters Want to 'Tear Apart the 4th Amendment' 'October 6, 2015 10:28 pm'
- Connecticut university student arrested over mac and cheese 'October 6, 2015 10:28 pm'STORRS, Conn. (AP) — A University of Connecticut student has gotten into a confrontation with a campus food court manager who wouldn't let him buy macaroni and cheese with bacon and jalapeno peppers and has been arrested. […]Associated Press
- Harvick victory celebration raises eyebrows among rivals 'October 6, 2015 10:28 pm'CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — First, Kevin Harvick embarrassed the field with a dominating victory at Dover. […]Associated Press
- Gordon thinks new tire changer can give inside information 'October 6, 2015 10:28 pm'CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Jeff Gordon believes his new front tire changer can improve his pit crew and give Hendrick Motorsports some inside information on the competition. […]Associated Press
- Napoli back with the Rangers, who are back in playoffs 'October 6, 2015 10:28 pm'ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Chants of "Nap-o-li!, Nap-o-li!" echo in Texas just like 2011 all over again. […]Associated Press
- Rodgers leads Packers past 49ers, Green Bay stays unbeaten 'October 6, 2015 10:28 pm'SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Mike McCarthy's Green Bay Packers circled this game among the tough challenges of the first quarter of the season, facing the familiar San Francisco 49ers in the unfamiliar confines of new Levi's Stadium for the first time. […]Associated Press
- Connecticut university student arrested over mac and cheese 'October 6, 2015 10:28 pm'
- Harvick Victory Celebration Raises Eyebrows Among Rivals 'October 6, 2015 11:17 pm'Rivals wonder if Kevin Harvick intentionally damaged his car after Dover victory […]
- ESPN Cuts Sponsored Daily Fantasy Sports Elements From Shows 'October 6, 2015 11:15 pm'ESPN cuts sponsored daily fantasy sports elements from news shows, keeps commercials […]
- Man Who Says He Was Cartel Enforcer Pleads Guilty to Murders 'October 6, 2015 11:15 pm'Man who says he was cartel enforcer pleads guilty to 9 counts of murder in California […]
- Steve Rannazzisi Explains Why He Lied About 9/11 'October 6, 2015 11:13 pm'One month after news broke that comedian and "The League" star Steve Rannazzisi lied about escaping the Twin Towers 14 years ago during the attacks of 9/11. […]
- Golden Gate Park Slaying Victim Was a Canadian Woman 'October 6, 2015 11:13 pm'Slain woman found in San Francisco Golden Gate Park identified as Canadian tourist […]
- Harvick Victory Celebration Raises Eyebrows Among Rivals 'October 6, 2015 11:17 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Putin Applying Lessons of Afghanistan to Syria 'October 6, 2015 7:21 pm'Bruce Riedel, Al-MonitorIn the fall of 1979, Andropov was the principal advocate in the Kremlin of a Soviet military intervention in Afghanistan to keep the communist Afghan government in power. The Marxist Afghan party was rapidly losing control of the country to the mujahedeen, and KGB chief Andropov warned defeat in Afghanistan would destabilize all of So […]
- The Big University 'October 6, 2015 7:05 pm'David Brooks, New York TimesMany American universities were founded as religious institutions, explicitly designed to cultivate their students’ spiritual and moral natures. But over the course of the 20th century they became officially or effectively secular.Religious rituals like mandatory chapel services were dropped. Academic research and teaching replace […]
- Should Biden Skip Iowa? 'October 6, 2015 7:04 pm'Kathie Obradovich, Des Moines RegisterIf Vice President Joe Biden determines he will run for president, he’ll have hundreds more choices to make about how to structure and advance his campaign. One of the first pivotal decisions will be whether and how to break into the race in Iowa and New Hampshire.Biden appears poised to announce a decision as early as th […]
- Hillary's Gun-Control Non Sequiturs 'October 6, 2015 6:54 pm'Rich Lowry, National Review OnlineHillary Clinton has a new gun agenda that is the same as the old gun agenda.We all are appalled and heartsick over the country’s mass shootings, which aren’t any less shocking for their routine occurrence. But that doesn’t mean we know how to stop them. The Pavlovian Democratic reaction is to offer a raft of familiar gun-con […]
- Can Hillary Beat Bernie in a Gunfight? 'October 6, 2015 6:51 pm'Eleanor Clift, The Daily BeastThe Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the gold standard in a growing coalition of anti-gun groups, is leading the way in applauding Hillary Clinton for making the gun issue a cornerstone of her campaign. And they’re upset with Bernie Sanders for a vote he cast ten years ago that gave the gun industry immunity from lawsuits […]
- Putin Applying Lessons of Afghanistan to Syria 'October 6, 2015 7:21 pm'
- U.S. and Russian Jets Dangerously Close in Syria: “A Mere Proxy War About to Become Full Blown” 'October 6, 2015 8:03 pm'"What was until now a mere proxy war is about to become full blown combat on Syrian soil, soon [to] involve both Russian and US ground, sea and air forces." […]Contributing Author
- Watch Putin Hammer Obama: “Not Grounded In The Real World… Absolutely Unprofessional Politics” 'October 6, 2015 5:27 pm'Can the Obama Administration not think a step ahead? […]Mac Slavo
- What The World’s Biggest Money Managers Are Thinking Right Now: “Holy Crap!” 'October 6, 2015 2:37 am'They're going to have to put more financial heroin in the markets and just like any drug addiction you need more drugs for less of a high... […]Mac Slavo
- Preview Of World War III? Russia Is Putting On A Display Of Firepower That Is Shocking The World 'October 5, 2015 10:00 pm'So what will Obama’s next move be? Nobody knows for sure, but it will almost certainly be the wrong one. […]Contributing Author
- Jail the Banksters? Bernanke Now Claims “Wall Street Execs Should’ve Been Held Accountable” 'October 5, 2015 8:30 pm'Sincere or not, the banksters are "too big to jail" and Bernanke knows it better than anyone. […]Mac Slavo
- U.S. and Russian Jets Dangerously Close in Syria: “A Mere Proxy War About to Become Full Blown” 'October 6, 2015 8:03 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)