help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- 'Vote-Shaming': An Effective Leftist Strategy 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'Rush Limbaugh is wrong about leftists' "vote-shaming" efforts being a "desperation" tactic. It's statistically proven to be effective. […]
- Obama and the Safety of our Blood Supply 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'With the burgeoning host of diseases now entering the U.S., courtesy of Barack Hussein Obama, a witch’s brew of problems faces the blood supply quality […]
- The Danger of Islamist Terrorists in Libya 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'Libya is today a dangerous place and a chaotic society with continual fighting among Islamist terrorists, Arab nationalists, and a host of regional militias. […]
- The Age of Arrogance 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'Because of the arrogance of information and the glut on “experts,” we can no longer read with charity, with curiosity, only with suspicion. […]
- Ginsburg Dissent Gives Democrats a Boost 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'Clear, solid Democratic control of the Senate seems to be a Ginsburg political priority. And it's not just business; she appears to take the threat of losing the Senate personally. […]
- 'Vote-Shaming': An Effective Leftist Strategy 'October 30, 2014 5:00 am'
- CBS’s Cordes Laments Campaign Spending in N.C. Senate Race; Blames Citizens United Decision 'October 30, 2014 5:06 am'CBS News congressional correspondent Nancy Cordes profiled the North Carolina Senate race during Wednesday night’s CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley and devoted much of her report highlighting the fact that the race between incumbent Democratic Senator Kay Hagan and Republican challenger and State House Speaker Thom Tillis has become the most expensive Sena […]Curtis Houck
- Ex-Newsweek Writer: Conservatives ‘Exaggerat[e]’ Media Bias, But Ideology ‘Sometimes Bleed[s] Into’ Coverage 'October 30, 2014 4:09 am'Steven Waldman concedes that liberal bias can have an effect, but says that overall it’s a “minor factor,” far less important than journalists’ interest in advancing their careers. […]Tom Johnson
- NBC Nightly News Broadcasts Critical Story About Common Core 'October 30, 2014 3:27 am'Until recently the mainstream media has portrayed the opponents of Common Core to be just a bunch of conservative yahoos incapable of understanding what a wonderful education program it is. However that might now be changing. Last night, NBC Nightly News surprisingly broadcast a segment highly critical of Common Core. […]P.J. Gladnick
- AP's Scott Bauer Effectively Admits That Media Didn't Vet Mary Burke 'October 30, 2014 3:17 am'M.D. Kittle at Watchdog.org's Wisconsin Reporter scooped everyone covering the Badger State Governor's race on Tuesday when he reported that Democratic candidate Mary Burke's resumé is not what her campaign's web site says it is. Burke's campaign bio claims that she "played a central role in Trek’s expansion as the Director of E […]Tom Blumer
- ABC, NBC Skip Midterms; Spend Time Attacking Christie for Flying ‘Off the Handle’ at Heckler 'October 30, 2014 2:08 am'ABC and NBC failed to cover the upcoming midterm elections during their Wednesday evening broadcasts, but instead devoted over three-and-a-half minutes to going after New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R) for confronting a protestor earlier in the day during an event marking the second anniversary of Superstorm Sandy. Christie, who has received some rare pr […]Curtis Houck
- CBS’s Cordes Laments Campaign Spending in N.C. Senate Race; Blames Citizens United Decision 'October 30, 2014 5:06 am'
- Quarantined Ebola nurse goes outside; police watch 'October 30, 2014 3:35 am'read more […]superadm
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7 'October 30, 2014 3:35 am'By BEN WALKER […]superadm
- Heat open new era, top Wizards 107-95 in opener 'October 30, 2014 3:35 am'By TIM REYNOLDS […]superadm
- Bumgarner, Giants beat Royals 3-2 to win Series 'October 30, 2014 3:35 am'By MIKE FITZPATRICK […]superadm
- Samsung vows changes after mobile profit plunges 'October 30, 2014 3:34 am'By YOUKYUNG LEE SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Samsung Electronics Co. said Thursday operating profit from its smartphone business plunged 74 percent in the third quarter to its lowest in more than three years amid slowing sales of its flagship Galaxy handsets.read more […]superadm
- Quarantined Ebola nurse goes outside; police watch 'October 30, 2014 3:35 am'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Can Nunn Re-create Georgia's 1990s Dem Coalition? 'October 29, 2014 9:27 pm'Sean Trende, RCPGeorgia has a surprisingly (to some) close Senate race. Businessman David Perdue leads Michelle Nunn by 0.5 percentage points in the RCP Average. If neither candidate reaches 50 percent, the race will go to a runoff on Jan. 6, where most analysts suspect Perdue will be favored. But how did things get to this point in the first place? Is it de […]
- Are Republicans Wasting Time Courting Black Vote? 'October 29, 2014 8:53 pm'Josh Kraushaar, NJCHICAGOÂIt's just days before a heated election to determine Illinois' next governor, and Republican Bruce Rauner is in Chicago's South Side. He wants to know what issues matter to a convicted felon who served 22 years for laundering drug money. […]
- ISIS and Vietnam 'October 29, 2014 8:52 pm'Thomas Friedman, New York TimesIn May, I visited Vietnam and met with university students. After a week of being love-bombed by Vietnamese, who told me how much they admire America, want to work or study there and have friends and family living there, I couldn’t help but ask myself: “How did we get this country so wrong? How did we end up in a war with Vietn […]
- Where Is Media on Attkisson Story? 'October 29, 2014 8:51 pm'Judson Phillips, Washington TimesOn June 17, 1972, a group of men connected to then-President Richard Nixon committed what Nixon Press Secretary Ron Zeigler would call “a third-rate burglary.”The media turned on Nixon.He was never popular with the left wing media. They had never forgiven him for his role in exposing communists in the government as a part of […]
- Weak Evidence That Attkisson's Laptop Was Hacked 'October 29, 2014 8:51 pm'Timothy Lee, VoxIf former CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson was really targeted by a government surveillance agency in the way she describes in her new book, Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama’s Washington, it would be a big scandal. The problem is that, at least judging from a summa […]
- Can Nunn Re-create Georgia's 1990s Dem Coalition? 'October 29, 2014 9:27 pm'
- Watch: Cop Goes On F-Word Laden Tirade After Being Told “God Bless You” 'October 29, 2014 8:20 pm'These clips only serve to highlight the fact that many officers across the country see the American public as their slaves and they think they can abuse and threaten violence against for no reason whatsoever. […]Mac Slavo
- Unchained: You Need To Watch This Video: “Who Are The Real Oppressors In Our Community?” 'October 28, 2014 10:09 pm'Speaks volumes about the plight of all Americans, be they White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American or Black... […]Mac Slavo
- “That is a Coward Pointing a Gun at Me” Veteran Refuses to Submit During Police Standoff 'October 28, 2014 5:18 pm'I was afraid and if I was going to get harmed I’d much rather take it standing than on my face. […]Contributing Author
- Police State Targets Dissidents: Government To “Impose Extreme Disruption Orders On Individuals” 'October 28, 2014 1:47 am'"I believe we need to be able to deal with that if we are going to do the job we want to do, which is keeping people safe and secure." […]Mac Slavo
- Watch: Billionaire Investor: “The Best Opportunities Of Any Bear Market I Have Ever Seen” 'October 26, 2014 4:40 pm'At some point in time we will experience a mini-melt up... One of these days you're going to find a 40% or 45% advance with no concomitant decline... Forty years of sometimes hard experience in this market tells me that it will happen. […]Mac Slavo
- Watch: Cop Goes On F-Word Laden Tirade After Being Told “God Bless You” 'October 29, 2014 8:20 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)