help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Same-sex Adoption: Not as Harmless as Portrayed 'August 27, 2014 5:00 am'Trusting the mainstream media on the complex and regrettably fashionable subject of homosexual marriage and its corollary, adoption, is not a good idea. […]
- Seeing ISIS in the Wrong Context 'August 27, 2014 5:00 am'This is not a matter of ending Bush's war, though that's how Barack Obama sees it. Rather, it is a golden opportunity. […]
- Unilateral Disarmament and the Police 'August 27, 2014 5:00 am'If the police are facing criminal gangs or self-styled revolutionaries, they may well be facing adversaries with weapons more powerful as what they are carrying. […]
- Conservatism's Family Snapshot 'August 27, 2014 5:00 am'If we are to counter the Left's poisons, we must first win the battle of hearts and minds by showing that ours is the better road to achieving temporal happiness. […]
- The Un-Islamic Delusion of Smart Diplomacy 'August 27, 2014 5:00 am'Presuming that Islam‘s faithful warriors and shamans will give up their supremacist mindset by stroking their egos and stifling all criticism of their holy book is a dangerous delusion. […]
- Same-sex Adoption: Not as Harmless as Portrayed 'August 27, 2014 5:00 am'
- Howler of the Night From Politico: Charlie Crist As a Former 'Rock-Ribbed Conservative' 'August 27, 2014 3:45 am'Former Florida Republican Governor Charlie won the state's Democratic gubernatorial primary tonight. In his writeup on Crist's defeat of an overmatched challenger, the Politico's James Hohmann wrote that "Only four years ago Crist was a governor who had run for office as a rock-ribbed conservative." That wording is a bit too clever. […]Tom Blumer
- CBS’s Duthiers on Missouri State Law on Police Use of Force: ‘Sounds to Me as If the Cops Are Protected No Matter What’ 'August 27, 2014 3:30 am'Reporting on the latest in Ferguson, Missouri for Tuesday night’s CBS Evening News, CBS News correspondent Vladimir Duthiers interviewed a St. Louis detective on what Missouri state law says regarding the ability of law enforcement to use deadly force. After reading from the law directly, Duthiers opined to the detective that it “[s]ounds to me as if the cop […]Curtis Houck
- Bozell & Graham Column: Obama Spurns the Optics Police 'August 27, 2014 2:38 am'In some prominent corners of the liberal media, the grousing has begun about President Obama’s habit of hitting the golf course during crises without any concern for looking cavalier. Everyone knows he joyfully hit the links at Martha’s Vineyard five minutes after a nationally televised address expressing his disgust at the horrific execution of American jou […]Brent Bozell and Tim Graham
- Planned Parenthood Strategist Goes Rogue 'August 27, 2014 2:14 am'Katie Yoder reported on Carter Eskew’s Washington Post article the other day on abortion being a “deeply affirmative value.” Eskew is a founding partner of the Glover Park Group public relations firm. Planned Parenthood executive VP Dawn Laguens took Eskew apart in a drippingly sarcastic August 22 Huffington Post piece, “Thanks for the lecture”: read more […]Jill Stanek
- Malkin Column: Asian-Bashing Dems and the Doormat Minorities Who Enable Them 'August 27, 2014 2:07 am'Harry Reid is a bigoted Beltway corruptocrat with an interminable case of diarrhea of the mouth. The feeble-minded coot stuck his foot in that mess of a mouth again last week at the Las Vegas Asian Chamber of Commerce. But as mortifying as the Senate Majority Leader is, there's an even worse spectacle: Asian-American liberals who keep giving top Democra […]Michelle Malkin
- Howler of the Night From Politico: Charlie Crist As a Former 'Rock-Ribbed Conservative' 'August 27, 2014 3:45 am'
- Girl's death stirs debate about kids and guns 'August 27, 2014 6:06 pm'DOLAN SPRINGS, Ariz. (AP) — A 9-year-old girl accidentally killed an Arizona shooting instructor as he was showing her how to use an automatic Uzi, authorities said. Charles Vacca, 39, of Lake Havasu City, died Monday shortly after being airlifted to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, Mohave County sheriff's officials said Tuesday. read more […]superadm
- Missouri governor names new public safety director 'August 27, 2014 6:06 pm'ST. LOUIS (AP) — Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has named a new state public safety director, nearly three weeks after the police shooting of Michael Brown led to violent protests in a St. Louis suburb.read more […]superadm
- US journalist thankful for work to secure freedom 'August 27, 2014 6:05 pm'Freed Journalist Thankful for Those Who Secured his Release read more […]superadm
- Border Patrol revamps practices to settle lawsuit 'August 27, 2014 6:05 pm'By JULIE WATSON SAN DIEGO (AP) — U.S. immigration authorities must revamp their practices to ensure Mexicans accused of living in the country illegally are properly informed of their right to a hearing before an immigration judge, according to a lawsuit settlement made public Wednesday.read more […]superadm
- Clippers sign Doc Rivers to contract extension 'August 27, 2014 6:05 pm'By BETH HARRIS LOS ANGELES (AP) — Doc Rivers is staying with the Los Angeles Clippers for another five years. In Steve Ballmer's first big move since taking over as the team's new owner last week, he has locked in Rivers through the 2019 season.read more […]superadm
- Girl's death stirs debate about kids and guns 'August 27, 2014 6:06 pm'
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'While President Obama deals with Russian President Vladimir Putin abroad, the groundskeepers and Secret Service agents who guard the White House are trying to combat an equally wily opponent at home. The latest gatecrasher to show up at the president’s home uninvited is not a... […]Katie Kindelan
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official 'May 17, 2013 6:10 pm'Despite her congressional testimony, the Internal Revenue Service today denied that the former commissioner of tax exempt and government entities – now running the agency’s health care office – was in charge of the unit’s day-to-day operations after Dec. 2010. Sarah Hall Ingram retained the title of... […]Abby D. Phillip
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office 'May 16, 2013 10:15 pm'The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations... […]John Parkinson
- IRS Asks for Reading List, Tea Party Group Sends Constitution 'May 14, 2013 6:31 pm'When Marion Bower decided to start her tea party organization in 2010, she didn’t know that it would take nearly two years for the Internal Revenue Service to approve her request for tax-exempt status. The Ohio woman also did not expect that providing information about... […]Abby D. Phillip
- New NRA President Jim Porter Knocked ‘Fake President’ Obama 'May 3, 2013 7:41 pm'The NRA has a new president, Birmingham, Ala., attorney Jim Porter, and he has a knack for firing up a crowd if his old stump speeches are any indication. Porter, who until this week was first vice president at the NRA and chairman of the... […]Abby D. Phillip
- Latest White House Gatecrasher a Real Fox 'April 18, 2014 5:11 pm'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- Photos show alleged neglect at U.S.-funded Afghan hospital 'July 24, 2012 2:01 am'The House Oversight Committee released graphic photos Monday from a U.S. taxpayer-funded hospital in Afghanistan that allegedly show deadly neglect of Afghan soldiers […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- The Silver Lining for Dems If They Lose Senate 'August 27, 2014 5:52 pm'Paul Waldman, Prospect […]
- GOP Extremism Is Hurting the Planet 'August 27, 2014 5:38 pm'Rebecca Leber, The New Republic […]
- Mitch McConnell Down the Stretch 'August 27, 2014 5:26 pm'Jonathan Martin, NY Times Magazine […]
- How the World Is Becoming More Equal 'August 27, 2014 4:37 pm'Nicholas Eberstadt, Wall St. Jrnl […]
- Did Tony Die at the End of The Sopranos? 'August 27, 2014 4:24 pm'Martha Nochimson, Vox […]
- The Silver Lining for Dems If They Lose Senate 'August 27, 2014 5:52 pm'
- With Half Of City Residents Delinquent, Detroit Restarts Water Shut-Offs 'August 26, 2014 7:07 pm'While we continue to hear about the economic recovery, the evidence on the ground is pretty clear: People all over the country are hurting. […]Contributing Author
- Jaw-Dropping Revelation: Justice Department Confirms Lost IRS Emails Are Stored On Backup Drives 'August 26, 2014 5:10 pm'The government says that the problem with accessing the emails is that it would be too "onerous" of a task. Yes, you read that right. They do not want to source the emails because it would be difficult and burdensome. […]Mac Slavo
- Heavily Armed SWAT Team Swarms Cal State… Because of an Umbrella 'August 26, 2014 1:19 am'These days you never know what could be used as a deadly weapon of mass destruction requiring a militarized SWAT response. […]Mac Slavo
- If President Obama Sees This Picture It Could Lead To A Major War… 'August 25, 2014 8:45 pm'This would be the unthinkable. […]Mac Slavo
- We Now Have Scientific Proof That People Are Getting Stupider 'August 25, 2014 5:53 pm'You may have suspected that people are getting stupider for quite some time, but now we actually have scientific evidence that this is the case. As you will read about below, average IQs are dropping all over the globe... […]Contributing Author
- With Half Of City Residents Delinquent, Detroit Restarts Water Shut-Offs 'August 26, 2014 7:07 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)