help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- Putin and the Super Power Super Bowl Ring Scandal 'May 28, 2015 5:00 am'The story of when Vladimir Putin stole the Patriots' owner's Super Bowl ring, and what the Bush administration did about it. […]
- China Warns that War is Inevitable 'May 28, 2015 5:00 am'China is on the rise and on the march and is preparing to call our “Pacific pivot” bluff. […]
- Sky-High College Costs and Student Mental Health Care 'May 28, 2015 5:00 am'Debt and hopelessness are increasingly driving our nation's college students to desperation. Maybe it's time the university system did something. […]
- Young Conservatives Want Gays to Marry? 'May 28, 2015 5:00 am'What’s wrong with shacking up? America became a de facto shack up society years ago. Marriage, we were told, was passé. […]
- Destroy Capitalism, Save the Climate? 'May 28, 2015 5:00 am'It's what the climate modelers would have us think. But there's a little more to it than that. […]
- Putin and the Super Power Super Bowl Ring Scandal 'May 28, 2015 5:00 am'
- Networks Neglect to Cover New EPA Regulations Expanding Control of Waterways 'May 28, 2015 4:22 am'On Wednesday night, the major broadcast networks ignored a series of new regulations issued by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that the agency claims will better explain regulations in the Clean Water Act, but are seen by many as a power grab by the Obama administration to further control America’s waterways. While the story received zero mention o […]Curtis Houck
- LA Unions Lobby for Exemption From $15/Hr. Minimum Wage Law They Pushed 'May 28, 2015 3:07 am'This has to be the month's top entry in the "Just when you think you've seen it all" category — and it will be more than a little interesting to see how the nation's press handles it. As the Associated Press reported a week ago, the City Council in Los Angeles, by a vote of 14-1, ordered the drafting of a law mandating a citywide min […]Tom Blumer
- CBS, NBC Give Scant Coverage to Rick Santorum’s 2016 Announcement; Spanish Nets Ignore 'May 28, 2015 1:40 am'Following Rick Santorum’s announcement late Wednesday that he will mount a bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, CBS and NBC largely punted on news of a seventh Republican candidate entering the field with a combined 37 seconds of airtime on their Wednesday evening newscasts. Over on the Spanish-language networks, however, the coverage was eve […]Curtis Houck
- Lefty Writer Garry Wills Lauds Michelle Obama For Breaking the Right’s ‘Rules of Racial Discourse’ 'May 28, 2015 12:46 am'Last Friday, author and historian Garry Wills, who blogs occasionally at the New York Review of Books site, praised Michelle Obama for challenging, in her recent Tuskegee University commencement address, conservatives’ complacency about race in America. Specifically, Wills approved of the first lady’s “breaking all of the four rules of racial discourse the r […]Tom Johnson
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews Laments Holder Didn't Get Glory for FIFA Indictments 'May 28, 2015 12:24 am'Leave it to MSNBC host Chris Matthews to inject an absurd political angle into a completely apolitical story involving international soccer. In the midst of a panel discussion about today's revelations regarding a Justice Department case against FIFA corruption, the Hardball host wondered why on Earth former Attorney General Eric Holder didn't stic […]Ken Shepherd
- Networks Neglect to Cover New EPA Regulations Expanding Control of Waterways 'May 28, 2015 4:22 am'
- Etihad Airways profit jumps by over half to $73 million 'May 28, 2015 9:15 am'DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Etihad Airways, the United Arab Emirates' fast-growing national carrier, says its profit rose by more than half to $73 million last year as it boosted sales by carrying more passengers and used its stakes in other airlines to drive traffic through its Abu Dhabi hub. […]Associated Press
- FRENCH OPEN LOOKAHEAD: Nadal wants more consistent forehand 'May 28, 2015 9:15 am'PARIS (AP) — Rafael Nadal's uppercut of a lefty forehand, thick with topspin, has flummoxed many opponents through the years and carried him to nine French Open titles in 10 previous appearances. […]Associated Press
- EU nations, parliament reach deal on major investment plan 'May 28, 2015 9:15 am'BRUSSELS (AP) — European Union nations and legislators have reached a deal in principle to create a fund that could generate up to 315 billion euros ($345 billion) in private- and public-sector investment to upgrade infrastructure, stimulate the EU's sluggish economies and ignite job growth. […]Associated Press
- Indians crowd rivers, shade trees as heat toll passes 1,400 'May 28, 2015 9:15 am'HYDERABAD, India (AP) — Eating onions, lying in the shade and splashing into rivers, Indians were doing whatever they could Thursday to stay cool during a brutal heat wave that has killed more than 1,400 in the past month. […]Associated Press
- Latest on flooding: Officials urging evacuations 'May 28, 2015 9:15 am'6:30 p.m. CDT […]Associated Press
- Etihad Airways profit jumps by over half to $73 million 'May 28, 2015 9:15 am'
- Indians Crowd Rivers, Shady Trees as Heat Toll Passes 1,400 'May 28, 2015 9:31 am'Indians crowd into rivers, under trees and in A/C rooms as heat wave death toll passes 1,400 […]
- UK Leader Travels to 4 EU States to Press Case for Reform 'May 28, 2015 9:28 am'UK prime minister embarks on trip to key EU states to build support for reform […]
- AP Interview: Serb Far-Right Leader to Fight Extradition 'May 28, 2015 9:22 am'AP Interview: Serb far-right leader to fight extradition to UN tribunal in Serbian courts […]
- The Latest: 23 Seeds in Action on Day 5 of French Open 'May 28, 2015 9:22 am'The Latest: Top-ranked Williams and Djokovic among 23 seeds in action on Day 5 of French Open […]
- Blatter Skips 3rd Appearance, Stays out of Public View 'May 28, 2015 9:21 am'FIFA president Blatter skips 3rd appearance, stays out of public view amid corruption crisis […]
- Indians Crowd Rivers, Shady Trees as Heat Toll Passes 1,400 'May 28, 2015 9:31 am'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down. One family faces criminal charges after finding out they left their baby to die at a closed "hatch." Se […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Sloppiness Won't Doom Health Reforms 'May 28, 2015 3:37 am'Froma Harrop, Seattle TimesHow many politicians, aides, lobbyists, lawyers, insurance moguls, professional groups and interns -- both the political and medical kind -- agonized over the details in the Affordable Care Act? The number is big.But despite thousands of hands in the kitchen, the final product included four words that cast doubt on a cornerstone of […]
- What if Republican Party Can't Decide? 'May 28, 2015 3:37 am'David Byler, RealClearPoliticsYesterday I analyzed endorsement data from previous presidential primaries to show that Hillary Clinton is performing very well in the invisible Democratic primary. Today IÂm going to turn to the Republican invisible primary and compare that contest to past invisible primary battles. To anyone unfamiliar with the term Âinvisib […]
- Ireland's 'Social Revolution' 'May 28, 2015 2:44 am'E.J. Dionne, Washington PostBOSTON -- Consider the stunned disbelief, perhaps of a somewhat aggressive sort, that would have greeted anyone who might have told a tavern crowd in Dorchester or Southie three decades ago that Ireland would be the first nation in the world to approve gay marriage by popular vote.It is a mark of how much has changed in such a sho […]
- The Changing Geography of Racial Opportunity 'May 28, 2015 2:41 am'Joel Kotkin, RCPIn the aftermath of the Baltimore riots, there is increased concern with issues of race and opportunity. Yet most of the discussion focuses on such things as police brutality, perceptions of racism and other issues that are dear to the hearts of todayÂs progressive chattering classes. Together they are creating what talk show host Tavis Smil […]
- Fire Administrators to Fix Higher Ed 'May 28, 2015 12:40 am'Glenn Reynolds, USA Today […]
- Sloppiness Won't Doom Health Reforms 'May 28, 2015 3:37 am'
- Prepare Your Homes And Neighborhoods For The Violence That Is Going To Sweep America 'May 27, 2015 3:23 pm'If things are this bad already, how bad will they be when the next great economic crisis hits this nation and unemployment skyrockets and poverty is everywhere? […]Contributing Author
- Elite Bunker Down in “Secure, Safe Rooms Hidden in Plain Sight”… And You Can, Too 'May 26, 2015 4:19 pm'With growing riots, protests and grumblings on the ground level, elites, VIPs, military commandos and foreign dignitaries are preparing to hunker down. […]Mac Slavo
- Coming for Your Funds: Supremes “Justify Seizure of Pension Funds to PROTECT Pensioners” 'May 26, 2015 1:35 pm'Economic expert Martin Armstrong warns that the development is part of a wider move towards “economic totalitarianism.” […]Contributing Author
- Investors Squeeze Trailer Park Renters: “The Economics Are Compelling… There’s a Lot More Poor People Than Rich” 'May 26, 2015 1:15 am'Along with the decline of the middle class, come the rise of Wall Street mega-landlords and, indeed, mega-slumlords putting new rent pressures on the poor. […]Mac Slavo
- Report: Terrorist Nuke Attack May Be Carried Out Inside the United States in Next 12 Months 'May 25, 2015 5:41 pm'It’s just a quick hop through a smuggling tunnel from Mexico and hey presto, they’re mingling with another 12 million “illegal” aliens in America with a nuclear bomb in the trunk of their car... […]Mac Slavo
- Prepare Your Homes And Neighborhoods For The Violence That Is Going To Sweep America 'May 27, 2015 3:23 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)