help mia make history!
about • salt •
• salt • is written by mom, wife, and veteran broadcaster Annie Ashe Fields. What's with the Smooth Jazz logo? It's just where I spent the best part of my 20 year radio career. When you spend that long on the air talking to that many people, it's possible we've "met." So, if you remember "Annie Ashe" from San Francisco, Philadelphia, or The Smooth Jazz Network, that's me!
email at your own risk ;)
tags2008 2012 Abortion American Thinker Barack Obama birth certificate Birther Campaign 2012 Capitalism constitution contraception Foreign Policy Georgia Glenn Beck hcr health care Herman Cain Israel Krugman Mexico michelle obama Mika Brzezinski Mitt Romney Morning Joe MSNBC NewsBusters newt gingrich NYT Obama ObamaCare Occupy Wall Street OWS Palestine Paul Krugman Photo Politico PREDICTION progressive propaganda racism Rick Santorum Sarah Palin Sebelius Stunning Hypocrisy taxes tea party
- SALT HAS MOVED!
- Looks Weird!
- “I Take Responsibility”
- Michelle’s Government Mule-Kickin’
- Therapist Drill Sargent!
- Obama / Feinstein 2012?
- ANOTHER Genius Obama Cartoon
- The Liberal Plantation
- *Snort* – Inconvenient Truth, eh?
- I couldn’t agree more.
- Democrats’ OBSCENE Denial of the FAST & FURIOUS FACTS
- Another Gilded Smooth Jazz Era Ahead?
- Obama’s “Fake but Accurate” Birth Certificate
- What are the ODDS?
- Just Say No!
- Lie’s Line
- Sunstein Says Obama Can Ignore SCOTUS?
- How Much More Do You Need to Hear, America?
- Fluke Flopped. Enter Flynt.
- Is there NOONE to say ‘It doesn’t help ya honey’?
- Kick a CORRUPT COMMIE LIAR out of the Senate!
- When We Was Fab… and Skinny!
essential daily reading
- The Lessons of Engineering for Social Engineers 'February 10, 2016 6:00 am'Have you ever wondered why seasoned engineers are almost invariably politically conservative? […]
- Feminist Shtick 'February 10, 2016 6:00 am'All modern feminism is shtick. Its proponents only pretend to take it seriously. […]
- When private emails go public and are condemned as ‘racist’ 'February 10, 2016 6:00 am'Last week Buzzfeed broke a story leaking several private emails sent among members of a University of Chicago fraternity, calling the culture “toxic.” […]
- Indenturing Students 'February 10, 2016 6:00 am'Democrats redistribute the incomes of the middle class and poor to themselves and their millions of public sector union members in education and government. […]
- Every Problem with Women in Combat the GOP Contenders Ignored 'February 10, 2016 6:00 am'A case study from Christie, Bush, Rubio, and the rest of the gang on missing the point. […]
- The Lessons of Engineering for Social Engineers 'February 10, 2016 6:00 am'
- Bill Maher Smears ‘Diabolical’ Ted Cruz and His ‘Dummy Base’ 'February 10, 2016 4:36 pm'Comedian Bill Maher has a way with words. Wednesday night, TV host Bill Maher appeared as a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live. While host Jimmy Kimmel announced Maher as nonpartisan critic, Maher appeared anything but – from calling Ted Cruz “evil” and diabolical” to deeming Marco Rubio a “dummy.” […]Katie Yoder
- Flint Scientist: ‘Perverse Incentives’ Prevent Academics from Criticizing Gov’t 'February 10, 2016 4:35 pm'Academic bias in favor of government is a real problem according to the professor who sounded the alarm on Flint, Michigan’s lead contamination crisis. That Virginia Tech civil engineering professor, Marc Edwards, criticized academia for its reluctance to criticize government and decried what he called “perverse incentives” preventing academics from criticiz […]Sam Dorman
- CNN Legal Analyst Praises Beyonce’s Super Bowl Performance: ‘Extremely Brave’ 'February 10, 2016 4:02 pm'On February 9’s The View on ABC, the panel opened the show by discussing Beyonce’s Super bowl performance with its racially charged theme invoking both Black Lives Matter and the Black Panthers. Cohost and CNN legal analyst Sunny Hostin was the first one to step up and gush over the pop star’s “extremely brave” performance. […]Kristine Marsh
- Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz ‘Operates Below the Level of Human Life’ 'February 10, 2016 3:55 pm'In perhaps his most vile attack on Texas Senator Ted Cruz to date, MSNBC host Chris Matthews appeared on Wednesday’s Morning Joe and declared the Republican presidential candidate to not be human: “...there’s a troll-like quality to Cruz. He operates below the level of human life.” […]Kyle Drennen
- LA Times 'Humor' Writer Uses Daughter As a Prop to Criticize 'Frightening' GOP Candidates 'February 10, 2016 2:55 pm'Gary Jacobs is a former television comedy writer and producer who occasionally writes supposedly humorous and satirical columns for the Los Angeles Times. Previous offerings from Jacobs, whose work is not labeled as humor, include what anyone would recognize as obvious sendups, such as "A sneak peek of President Trump's first State of the Union add […]Tom Blumer
- Bill Maher Smears ‘Diabolical’ Ted Cruz and His ‘Dummy Base’ 'February 10, 2016 4:36 pm'
- Yearly one-night homeless count draws criticism, defenders 'February 10, 2016 4:55 pm'NEW YORK (AP) — Over the past few weeks, thousands of clipboard-toting volunteers have fanned out across some of the nation's largest cities, tasked with a deceptively complex job: counting the number of homeless people sleeping on the streets. […]Associated Press
- 3 people killed by land mine in eastern Ukraine 'February 10, 2016 4:55 pm'DONETSK, Ukraine (AP) — At least three people have been killed in eastern Ukraine when a bus hit a land mine in a no man's land between separatist rebels and government troops. […]Associated Press
- French lawmakers to vote on divisive citizenship bill 'February 10, 2016 4:55 pm'PARIS (AP) — French lawmakers will vote on a divisive bill aimed at changing the constitution to introduce the possibility of revoking the citizenship of people convicted on terrorism charges in the wake of the Paris attacks last year. […]Associated Press
- Trump, Sanders victorious in New Hampshire primaries 'February 10, 2016 4:55 pm'MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders rode a wave of voter frustration with American politics to commanding victories in Tuesday's New Hampshire primaries, adding crucial credibility to their upstart candidacies. […]Associated Press
- Germany cites free speech amid Polish ire at Carnival float 'February 10, 2016 4:55 pm'BERLIN (AP) — The German government rejected a suggestion Wednesday that it might take action over a Carnival float that drew the ire of Poland's government this week. […]Associated Press
- Yearly one-night homeless count draws criticism, defenders 'February 10, 2016 4:55 pm'
- China Reports First Case of Imported Zika Virus 'February 10, 2016 11:52 am'China has reported its first case of the Zika virus in a 34-year-old man who recently traveled to Venezuela […]
- Moscow Officials Bulldoze 100 'Illegal' Kiosks 'February 10, 2016 11:52 am'Moscow city officials surprisingly unleashed 700 bulldozers to destroy 100 makeshift shops across the city in an overnight operation. […]
- Chris Christie Weighs Future of Presidential Campaign 'February 10, 2016 11:51 am'New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie announced on Tuesday he was weighing the future of his presidential campaign. Based on an analysis of the vote, ABC News projects that Christie will finish sixth in the New Hampshire primary. He said that he and his wife were returning to New Jersey to assess the full results. “We do not regret one minute of the time we spent h […]
- New Adaptation of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' Heads to Broadway 'February 10, 2016 11:50 am'Producer Scott Rudin said Wednesday a new adaptation of Harper Lee's classic novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" will make it to Broadway for the 2017-2018 season, under the direction of Tony Award winner Bartlett Sher […]
- AP Top Entertainment News at 6:49 a.m. EST 'February 10, 2016 11:50 am'AP Top Entertainment News at 6:49 a.m. EST […]
- China Reports First Case of Imported Zika Virus 'February 10, 2016 11:52 am'
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'Controversy surrounds the "baby hatch," a place where desperate parents in China can leave a baby they can't care for. The increasing number of abandoned newborns has overwhelmed the government system, causing hatches to shut down […]
- Are VA medical centers over-prescribing narcotics to veterans? 'September 19, 2013 7:52 pm'Veterans have been dying of accidental overdoses of narcotic painkillers at a much higher rate than the general population. Some Veterans Affairs doctors are speaking out, saying they've felt pressured by administrators to prescribe narcotics and that patients are not properly monitored. Jim Axelrod reports. […]
- A primer on the "Fast and Furious" scandal 'February 13, 2013 2:25 am'A primer on the Justice Department's controversial gun-tracking program […]
- Exclusive: Fast and Furious report slams Phoenix ATF 'August 28, 2012 1:14 am'The Inspector General draft report on Fast and Furious heaps blame on the Phoenix-based staff of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms […]
- Army Gen. allegedly delayed probe into abuse at U.S.-funded Afghan military hospital 'July 25, 2012 1:20 am'Former U.S. military advisors testify to Congress on human suffering, corruption at National Military Hospital […]
- China's controversial "baby hatches" 'June 28, 2014 3:35 am'
- Negative Rate Creep 'February 10, 2016 2:54 pm'[…]
- Doritos Baby Commercial Gets Dumbest Denunciation Ever 'February 10, 2016 2:52 pm'[…]
- The Clinton Team's New Hampshire Pressure Test 'February 10, 2016 2:46 pm'[…]
- Clinton's False Feminism Insults Female Voters 'February 10, 2016 2:44 pm'[…]
- Clinton's Political Machine Has Been Busted 'February 10, 2016 2:43 pm'H.A. Goodman, SalonSeveral years before Bernie Sanders zoomed towards a virtual tie in national polls with Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren began the discussion about Wall Street’s influence in American politics. Warren even declared in 2014 that a portion of President Obama’s Omnibus bill “was written by Citigroup lobbyists.” Few politicians have directly […]
- Negative Rate Creep 'February 10, 2016 2:54 pm'
- Surviving Extreme Winter and Blizzards: “Avoid Panic and Discomfort of Being Unprepared” 'February 10, 2016 2:05 pm'Instead of being one of those people rushing out to the store prepping for a blizzard that is due to hit in mere hours, you could be warm and prepared. […]Contributing Author
- Sweden Arrests 14 For Plotting To Attack Migrant House With Axes, Iron Pipes 'February 10, 2016 1:13 am'We've long said that it's just a matter of time before the bevy of bad migrant news sparks an outright rebellion among Europeans who are increasingly fed up with the effort to integrate millions of asylum seekers fleeing the violence that besets the Mid-East. […]Contributing Author
- What Is The Best Method Of Rebellion Against Tyranny? 'February 9, 2016 11:17 pm'The reality is that action is easy. Patience and planning are difficult. Emotional reaction is simple. Quiet professionalism is complicated. […]Contributing Author
- How To Survive Occupied America: “Red Dawn Just Started… And You’re In It” 'February 9, 2016 7:27 pm'Hopefully you do not live in an area that is a nuclear target. Hopefully you have at the ready a good supply of cash, precious metals, food, and supplies in the home and the means to take them somewhere and get out of dodge. […]Contributing Author
- Canadian Ted Cruz: Does He Have The Documents To Prove He Is A U.S. Citizen And Eligible To Be President? 'February 9, 2016 5:15 pm'Cruz either has that Consular Report of Birth Abroad, which is his legal proof of US Citizenship just as my Birth Certificate is mine, or he doesn't and he's not a citizen at all... […]Mac Slavo
- Surviving Extreme Winter and Blizzards: “Avoid Panic and Discomfort of Being Unprepared” 'February 10, 2016 2:05 pm'
project vote smart
Do the basic research the lamestream media won't do with Vote Smart. It's a comprehensive catalog of every crook & liar's - er, politician's - votes & public utterances. Indispensable!
gutless dem clock
plymouth rock tea party
more about me? just say no!
allen’s disclaimer ;)
The use of the Smooth Jazz logo is in no way, real or imagined, an endorsement of this space. Thus ends this disclaimer, before my old friend Allen calls ;)